Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Quinn_flower

Forza Horizon 4

Recommended Posts

Commander S
19 hours ago, Testarossa said:

meh, not really interested in any of the cars from this update. the Bentley is kinda cool i guess...

 

 

Same - 'high-end SUV' and 'high-end electric crossover' aren't my definition of cool/interesting cars, personally (but I'm sure someone out there is now getting their favourite car added to the game, so more power to 'em...).

 

The Bentley is quite fun, though - because Forza prioritises 'performance' versions of things, a lot of things that aren't the most driver-orientated cars ever get left by the wayside. And while that makes more sense for Motorsport, I've often felt that hurts the variety of things in Horizon. That's why Bentley has a few older things from the immediate pre-Rolls Royce era, and then everything else is from the current VW-ownership - there isn't a single 'badge-engineered Roller' in the lineup, because ...those were cars designed for you to be driven around in, not for you to enjoy driving (and where 'opulent luxury' didn't mean all mod cons and crystal champagne flutes - it meant fluffy wool floor mats and near-total soundproofing).

 

So yeah, if the Turbo R (and it's a 1992 US-model, with all the corresponding performance bumps) counts as enough of an 'enthusiast' car to merit inclusion in a Forza game, then cool, because I like it when more niches get covered in games like this (same as with GTAO) - and there isn't a single other ageing luxury saloon in the game (not a single Rolls-Royce - and even the two in FH3 were sportier 2-door things from the 2010s). Especially when it something just old enough to be 'dated' and lacking in modern features, but not enough to be considered a classic car, and so it's a luxury Bentley you can pick up for ...maybe less than a new Fiesta. :p

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coleco

I love it because it isn't a typical performance vehicle, though I'm expecting the Turbo R not to be widely popular and as a result will be held to ransom in the Auction House from next week 

 

Even if I don't spec up the Bentley, it's a welcome addition to my non-racing/driving experience lineup and certainly doesn't look out of place outside Edinburgh castle. I can cruise around listening to Timeless FM like I own the festival :D

 

m3DAxn0.jpg

 

5twsGSY.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commander S
On 9/2/2020 at 12:06 PM, Coleco said:

I love it because it isn't a typical performance vehicle, though I'm expecting the Turbo R not to be widely popular and as a result will be held to ransom in the Auction House from next week 

 

Even if I don't spec up the Bentley, it's a welcome addition to my non-racing/driving experience lineup and certainly doesn't look out of place outside Edinburgh castle. I can cruise around listening to Timeless FM like I own the festival :D

 

 

It's a really great cruiser, and it's a really good fit for FH4's map - just seeing it parked in that top pic of yours, and I'm already hearing the theme from To The Manor Born... :monocle:

 

It's a shame that yeah, most people will probably flog/discard stuff like it, but I'm glad Playground mixes things up, and doesn't just jump on whatever hot new performance car is trending this week. Although I do hope PG manage to snag the Gordon Murray T.50 for Horizon 4 - and yeah, if they add the C8 Corvette, I'm not going to say no to that, either. :p But I'm still going to be more excited than most for stuff like the Mitsubishi FTO, the Fiat Coupé, the '62 Continental, and the 1924 Austin 7 (:panic:), because I do dig the variety, more than just 'this car does bigger numbers'.

 

Tangentially, I finally got a pic of my favourite car in the game (the '95 Eclipse GSX) for the scrapbook - yeah, it's a dark pic, but that's just how eclipses work, innit? :colgate:

 

Spoiler

 

 

SyCjM5e.png

Edited by Commander S
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geisterfaust

I was staying away from Forza for some time, but recently it's quite nice. Do like the new cars and in comparison with GTA it feels like you are driving a car and not some brick on the screen. Bentley is amazing IMO, just the car for this map.

 

Still a shame though that we don't have any news considering new game in the series. I will be skipping Motorsport unless there is something really spectacular there or I will be too bored with my life. Doubt about that though.

 

Anyway, what are the speculations on the new locations? I've read the Drivetribe article but it's not much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commander S

I'm hoping either Japan or Hong Kong - and not just because it means still being able to drive on the left! :p Wouldn't be adverse to LA, and I could imagine them doing somewhere in Canada as a possibility, but after Colorado in 1, the South of France/northern Italy in 2, Australia in 3 and the North of England/Edinburgh for 4, I think East Asia would be more interesting than back to North America. Bit like how I don't think that Vice City would be a particularly interesting choice for GTA VI, even though I'm sure a segment of fans would prefer that (because apparently every era of GTA 'has' to do Liberty City/Vice City/San Andreas... :rol:).

 

I'm guessing that, what with FH4 having a longer lifespan than previous games (reminder that FH3 is getting delisted on September 27th!), FH5 might be a good year or two away - because unless the leaked cars are things being worked on for future Forzas in general (including Motorsport and FH5), there's probably enough stuff to last through until the 3rd anniversary in 2021, if not beyond. And I don't imagine FH4 is going to keep getting new stuff just months before the release of FH5 - I imagine that Playground will have called time on 4 and shifted all hands to work on 5 around the time they first start teasing the new game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivan1997GTA
4 hours ago, Commander S said:

I'm hoping either Japan or Hong Kong - and not just because it means still being able to drive on the left! :p Wouldn't be adverse to LA, and I could imagine them doing somewhere in Canada as a possibility, but after Colorado in 1, the South of France/northern Italy in 2, Australia in 3 and the North of England/Edinburgh for 4, I think East Asia would be more interesting than back to North America. Bit like how I don't think that Vice City would be a particularly interesting choice for GTA VI, even though I'm sure a segment of fans would prefer that (because apparently every era of GTA 'has' to do Liberty City/Vice City/San Andreas... :rol:).

 

I'm guessing that, what with FH4 having a longer lifespan than previous games (reminder that FH3 is getting delisted on September 27th!), FH5 might be a good year or two away - because unless the leaked cars are things being worked on for future Forzas in general (including Motorsport and FH5), there's probably enough stuff to last through until the 3rd anniversary in 2021, if not beyond. And I don't imagine FH4 is going to keep getting new stuff just months before the release of FH5 - I imagine that Playground will have called time on 4 and shifted all hands to work on 5 around the time they first start teasing the new game.

 

Maybe Playground will eventually make a "World Tour" entry in the Forza Horizon series that has all of the maps from the first four games, plus whatever map the fifth Forza Horizon game will have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commander S
15 hours ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Maybe Playground will eventually make a "World Tour" entry in the Forza Horizon series that has all of the maps from the first four games, plus whatever map the fifth Forza Horizon game will have.

 

 

I suspect not, just because of all the work involved to bring the older maps up to the level of even FH3. For one, you'd need PG to go to Colorado and le Midi and record several 24-hour day/night cycles, and then spend months recreating each skybox in-engine, complete with variations for rainy/overcast skies. And all of that, just to ensure consistency in prettier versions of games that already exist (albeit delisted) - all while doing all the same work plus all the usual things needed to create an all-new map for FH5. And with Horizon being Microsoft's #1 first-party franchise right now, and FH5 being the first one to make use of Series X (and it'll almost certainly be next-gen exclusive at this rate), there's no way that FH5 will just be as good-looking as FH4, so it goes without saying that even just doing an all-new map as a big showcase for the new hardware is going to be a mammoth task in and of itself, without the additional work of having to rework four other game maps to bring them up to whatever standard FH5 achieves.

 

And at the end of the day, aside from "wouldn't it be nice?", there's not really any reason for them to do it - five maps in one game means a huge install size, and lots of space to populate with races (even just recreating all the ones in past games). If they do the revolving online playlist events like in FH4, it's bad enough trying to keep up with the ones on the main map and Fortune Island/Lego Valley (there are actually only a finite number in the DLC maps, and no new ones each new update, so there's almost no point in doing any playlist stuff on the DLC maps), so imagine that for FH5 across all five maps - I imagine all the older maps would get neglected after a while. And while they could use the older maps as DLC maps, that'd likely be seen as a cheap move by some players - imagine PG/MS selling FH1's Colorado as FH5's equivalent to Fortune Island or Blizzard Mountain, and the reaction it'd get... 😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Testarossa

today's Torben Tuesday:

 

 

already deciphered, turns out they were share codes for decals, routes, tunes and photos. each revealing one car.

 

Lexus RC F

Lexus IS F

Toyota GT86

#64 Chris Forsberg Nissan 370Z

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commander S
7 hours ago, Testarossa said:


already deciphered, turns out they were share codes for decals, routes, tunes and photos. each revealing one car.

 

Lexus RC F

Lexus IS F

Toyota GT86

#64 Chris Forsberg Nissan 370Z

 

 

I quite like how they handled that - especially the race that literally spells out Lexus RC F... :p

 

So that's three returning cars (one Toyota, two Lexus), and one more to cross off the Big List o' Leaks - after getting all-new (to Forza) stuff last month, not surprised we're getting more returning stuff this time. Although since this is probably going to be another anniversary-themed update, I wonder if they'll do more daily Forzathon Shop discounts or giveaways - too much to hope that they finally make the pre-order 720S available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod
On 9/8/2020 at 2:45 PM, Commander S said:

And while they could use the older maps as DLC maps, that'd likely be seen as a cheap move by some players - imagine PG/MS selling FH1's Colorado as FH5's equivalent to Fortune Island or Blizzard Mountain, and the reaction it'd get...

I think I'd actually like this. So long as they weren't just straight up recreations though and they gave the updated maps some kind of a theme. Like, Australia with a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic vibe or something. Colorado in the winter time with an upgraded version FH4's snow and ice could be pretty awesome, too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commander S

Quick PSA to anyone who either hasn't bought Forza Horizon 3, or hasn't got all the DLC: FH3 will be delisted at the end of the week (Sunday September 27th) - the Standard Edition, Ultimate Edition, and Expansion Pass are all 70% off until then (doesn't include the Mountain Dew, Porsche or Hoonigan car packs, the treasure map, the horn accelerator - which is the only way to get the Halo Warthog horn now - or the free GTA Spano IIRC).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coleco

Most dedicated FH4 players will know this already, but as part of this week's Forzathon the Nissan Pulsar is available as a prize (for completing a fairly easy set of cross-country races).

 

Seems strangely tailored to my personal tastes, as I can unlock a car I love with two other cars I love (242 Turbo or 850R)

 

V for Volvo... more like Vee for Volvo

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commander S
On 9/22/2020 at 9:34 AM, Coleco said:

Most dedicated FH4 players will know this already, but as part of this week's Forzathon the Nissan Pulsar is available as a prize (for completing a fairly easy set of cross-country races).

 

Seems strangely tailored to my personal tastes, as I can unlock a car I love with two other cars I love (242 Turbo or 850R)

 

V for Volvo... more like Vee for Volvo

 

 

Cross-country with a stock 850 R was really quite satisfying - similarly, I really dug this week's Nissan championship to unlock the Formula Drift 370Z. Resisted the temptation to just sleepwalk through it with a GT-R, and used the LM instead - just so much fun. That's what I love about the different themed championships: whereas in Forza Horizon 2 I'd all too often fall back on the same handful of cars for every race, being limited in what you can use gets you appreciate stuff that might have been sitting unused.

 

(and yeah, I'm always partial to a championship that isn't just S1/S2 performance-orientated stuff - it's less a reflex game, more about efficiency of lines, and shaving off more time on each turn, which pushes my tactical buttons that bit more)

 

 

In recent news, I'm a leeetle underwhelmed by the lack of second anniversary fanfare this year - sure, I imagine that most of the PG team is now working on FH5, others still on the Series X upgrade for FH4, and so it's probably just a case of watching cars get ticked off the leaked list from now until the next game, but still... Last year, we got a livestream with pre-order cars as a gift, and an anniversary-themed festival playlist where each Trial was themed around the cover car from each Horizon game. This year? Generic playlist, only one new car (plus some returning Toyota/Lexus things - glad to get the 86 back, though), and today's anniversary gift car is just a regular Centenario, with no unique paint/decals this time. Oh, and the Centenario was the cover car for FH3, which got delisted today, so it's somewhat bittersweet, too...

 

*...that said...*

 

...it does mean I can have my cake and eat it - I wanted to revert my existing Centenario to stock (if only because it looks better), but I kinda need it for S2 ranked races, and I'm always loathe to buy duplicate cars. But since this free one is effectively a rolling eulogy for FH3, I can now keep that one stock, keep my race-tuned one looking like an eyesore, and the decision's been made for me! No, I don't understand my own arbitrary logic, either... :beerhat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.