3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Quinn_flower

Forza Horizon 4

Commander S

Thing is, the Hot Wheels cars were all things made in real life, too - so when you're driving the Twin Mill around Astmoor, it's not some oversized toy, but the custom-built, functioning replica that Chip Foose helped build:

7452011786_5e2f50c483_c.jpg

Meanwhile, these aren't just working cars with custom Lego bodywork - they're upscaled versions of Lego kits, complete with Lego drivers. Giant toys, transplanted into an otherwise realistic environment. Heck, because they're the Speed Champions sets, they're not even the more detailed licensed kits.

I can't help but think that this would have been better as 'Forza Horizon 4 Presents: Lego Speed Champions', like that neat Fast & Furious spin-off (which was effectively a cut-down version of Horizon 2, with the cars from F&F7). Sell it as a stand-alone thing, and instead of it being a weird intrusion into Horizon 4, you've instead got a decent Lego racing game, built on a sturdy FH foundation. Plus it'd probably sell more, for folks just wanting the Lego stuff, who might not want to buy the whole of FH4 to get it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KDA

I mean, I never argued whether these cars were real or fake lol. It makes no difference to me.

I would have preferred an Isle of Man expansion, or at least something realistic. The Youtube comments on this reveal via the Xbox channel pretty much sums up my feelings for this.

Commander S
4 minutes ago, Noale said:

I mean, I never argued whether these cars were real or fake lol. It makes no difference to me.

Oh, I get that - it's just that, for me, personally, I'm better with anything that might plausibly exist. Even the FFXV Regalia variants aren't totally beyond the realms of 'things someone could build as a working replica' - likewise, I'd probably drive the heck out of this if it got added:

i022408.jpg

(good grief, that film was such a spectacular dud... :sigh:)

But the more I think about it, the more I really reckon Playground Games are missing a trick by making Lego Speed Champions an expansion, and not a stand-alone thing you can buy without owning FH4 first.

As for what they could have done instead, I'd have gone with Goodwood, with maybe some classic racers in there - maybe too similar to what's already in the game or FM7, but it'd definitely be a much better fit thematically.

Jason

Is that The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Cracking film. Need to watch it again now...

Commander S
35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is that The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Cracking film. Need to watch it again now...

It is, and ...aaargh, what they did with Mycroft Holmes still makes me want to throw things, even now... :noiselessscreamingemoji:

mojito

Ahh man i hope they wont mix the original world with the lego world.

KDA

That's unlikely. It will likely be a new world that you can teleport to just like the Hot Wheels world, or that Fortune Island DLC.

Maxx1013
11 hours ago, KDA said:

The Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 sucked, and nobody spent time in the Hot Wheels map

I actually liked the Hot Wheels map and spent quite a bit of time there. Even after I got all the achievements I still kept going back.

I'm not sure about this Lego expansion. Hot Wheels was pretty good because the map was fun and unique but Lego looks like it's just the regular world built with Lego. I wasn't expecting much anyway the first expansion sucked and Horizon 4 has been really disappointing for me I actually play Horizon 3 more than 4 now. At least I know in the future not to pre order ultimate editions. I think all Horizon games in the future will be disappointing I doubt any will come even close to being as good as 3 is.

mojito

If it was a complete lego map with a complete set of lego cars I would buy it.

Too bad from the looks of it its just a small part of the map with lego and the props and scenery is a mixed collection so theres absolutely no immersion. This is what I can tell from the trailer and gameplay vid so its not final.

Ivan1997GTA
9 hours ago, mojito said:

If it was a complete lego map with a complete set of lego cars I would buy it.

Too bad from the looks of it its just a small part of the map with lego and the props and scenery is a mixed collection so theres absolutely no immersion. This is what I can tell from the trailer and gameplay vid so its not final.

Honestly, it makes me wish Playground Games would make a new LEGO Racers game after this.

Testarossa

played a bit of the new expansion today, it's alright. driving oversized lego cars while smashing plastic trees is something 6-7 year old me would enjoy and the brick challenges are a pretty neat mechanic.

it does feel a bit rushed though, the map seems pretty small after a while, there's ONLY 3 new cars and

the barn find isn't even in the game files

, like you can tell at some points the expansion was rushed to be presented at E3.

i'll probably hop on it for a couple of weeks then go back to playing the main game.

Edited by Testarossa

KDA

So what exactly do I get for building this master builders house? Does it literally just change the look of the house? Or do I actually get a functional garage/etc like TDU2 had? Or are the Forza devs really too lazy to even add that?

Disappointing expansion as expected. I'm just blasting through all of the challenges in the Ferrari 599XX Evo. Challenge is the wrong word.

Claude4Catalina

I'm not gonna lie, Lego wasn't what I wanted or expected from the second expansion but f*ck me it is fun!  makes a nice break from doom and gloom shooters like Division 2.  I was starting to find mainland on Horizon 4 a bit of a grind since the advent of Playlist so I'd say for me at least the Lego expansion came at about the right time!