1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

xXPinguXx

Which GTA has the best Wasted/Busted sequence?

Which GTA has the best Wasted/Busted sequence?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Grand Theft Auto 1
    • Grand Theft Auto London (1961 and 1969)
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto 3
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto Advance
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
    • Grand Theft Auto V

Lioshenka
7 hours ago, xXPinguXx said:

YOU WHAT?!¬†ūüėē

Yep, such was my dissapointment that I didn't see any better use of it.

Got the game on the day of release just before Christmas '08, got 100% by about 2013, and since then it's been sitting on my shelf. I tried a few times to go back to it, but just couldn't get myself to spending any time playing. So a couple of years back I thought that the least I could do is get some money for it.

Wouldn't even thought of selling anything from my little GTA collection, but I guess rules are meant to be broken. Same destiny awaits my copy of GTA 5, when II finally can get myself to getting 100% on it. I found both games to be a let down.

ZSAlghifarrie

i will choose to GTA 4 . it's busted and wasted the best :d 

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 1:44 PM, TheSantader25 said:

That's the annoying part though because the protagonists give up way too easily sometimes and you can't correct them. 

I've literally never been arrested in GTA IV on foot, you can just run away when he starts to put his hands up. I've done it hundreds of times, never had it fail. If you tried to move without the run button it would be a problem, maybe that's it? If you start moving the stick and tapping the run button as soon as the hands up animation starts and don't stop he'll put his hands down and run after a moment, just have to deal with going up to 2 stars and them shooting at you.

For the best screen it has to be IV, no other lets you enjoy watching the aftermath like that so there's no contest really. The camera zooming out from above in VC and SA etc is pretty cool and iconic as well though. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Hmmm nice bike

The only two things that could have made GTA IV's wasted screen better: the actual "WASTED" text as-per tradition, and the option to only move on from the wasted screen upon pressing X or start because then we'd be able to fully see the entire way your character dies in slow-mo after floppng around. Sometimes, the kill-cam would cut off right before Niko gets run over or before his body slams into a car or lands in a funny position after being blown up.

American Venom
3 minutes ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

The only two things that could have made GTA IV's wasted screen better: the actual "WASTED" text as-per tradition, and the option to only move on from the wasted screen upon pressing X or start because then we'd be able to fully see the entire way your character dies in slow-mo after floppng around. Sometimes, the kill-cam would cut off right before Niko gets run over or before his body slams into a car or lands in a funny position after being blown up.

I think the lack of wanted/busted splashed over the screen is what gives it its own identity. I don't really need the game to tell me I've just been killed or arrested.  

CanadianMuscle

IV, by far, you actually get to see the aftermath of the swingset glitch before the screen cuts out... ūüėÖ

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I do feel a bit greedy because you already get to see way more than in any other GTA but I would also like that :lol:. It's based on movement I think, it cuts off a couple of moments after Niko stops falling/sliding/moving (or after 30 seconds or so if he still hasn't stopped, for example if you get killed high in the air and have a long way to fall). It's already good but even longer would be even better.

iiCriminnaaL 49
2 hours ago, American Venom said:

I think the lack of wanted/busted splashed over the screen is what gives it its own identity. I don't really need the game to tell me I've just been killed or arrested.  

That's one of the ton of things I liked how GTA IV handled.

I don't need to be told that I've been killed, arrested, nor do I need to be told that I've just passed or failed a mission. Passed a mission, I'll hear the music tone, and notice the change on my cash unless there is no reward. In case I failed a mission, the small red text which tells me the reason I failed the mission was noticeable enough to realize that I failed it.

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

That's one of the ton of things I liked how GTA IV handled.

I don't need to be told that I've been killed, arrested, nor do I need to be told that I've just passed or failed a mission. Passed a mission, I'll hear the music tone, and notice the change on my cash unless there is no reward. In case I failed a mission, the small red text which tells me the reason I failed the mission was noticeable enough to realize that I failed it.

But then Rockstar turned around and decided we needed the text AND an uninteresting and unpleasant sound effect to get the message across

Like I don't mind it saying wasted or busted, just part of the game, but this particular handling of it was such a step backwards from IV's. Nothing new or creative brought in, just a ruined version of IV's black and white slow motion that disappointingly cuts off in a fraction of a second and has the old text and an annoying sound stuck on top.

Btw I want to give an honourable mention to GTA 2's wasted/busted for being the funniest

xXPinguXx

At least that wasted sound became a meme.¬†ūüėā

Equatecurl

Chinatown wars, it had cool effects.