Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

xXPinguXx

Which GTA has the best Wasted/Busted sequence?

Which GTA has the best Wasted/Busted sequence?  

43 members have voted

  1. 1. Which one?

    • Grand Theft Auto 1
      0
    • Grand Theft Auto London (1961 and 1969)
      1
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
      5
    • Grand Theft Auto 3
      2
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
      2
    • Grand Theft Auto Advance
      1
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
      4
    • Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
      0
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
      0
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
      23
    • Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
      1
    • Grand Theft Auto V
      4


Recommended Posts

xXPinguXx

I think either GTA 1, 2, London and V has the best Wasted/Busted sequence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom

GTA IV. The black and white transition looks great without wasted/busted clogging up the screen. Neat and tidy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

GTA 2 and GTA 5 last gen. They changed it in next-gen i don't know why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeBron.

I've always liked IV's sequence the most. I liked how you could still move the camera around for a moment after your death without "wasted/busted" covering the screen (as if I didn't know I died or got arrested already).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
34 minutes ago, LeBron. said:

I've always liked IV's sequence the most. I liked how you could still move the camera around for a moment after your death without "wasted/busted" covering the screen (as if I didn't know I died or got arrested already).

It's a tradition to have the text. 

Just like spawning at the hospital or the paramedics being retards is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Femme Fatale

GTA IV for reasons already stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Lupino

Not a big fan of the game but i must admit gta 4's are the best.

You can move the camera and see how your bodies go flying or shot by the police.

I think this happened in Max Payne too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yinepi

I always liked London's the most. The way it says "You're Nicked!" in a heavy stereotypical British accent.

It's a different change of pace.

Edited by Yinepi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXPinguXx

I also forgot to mention Grand Theft Auto IV. I love how it just goes black and white and you can make go in slow motion. 

This video describes what i'm talking about.  *if you count the death part of course*

Edited by xXPinguXx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roybigley

GTA Vice City for life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohhh123r

GTA London, GTA IV and GTA V (Old-Gen Console) had a best Wasted and Busted screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, Penguin Bob said:

I also forgot to mention Grand Theft Auto IV. I love how it just goes black and white and you can make go in slow motion. 

This video describes what i'm talking about.  *if you count the death part of course*

lol

 

Wish I recorded all my GTA IV deaths. What about when the cops continue to shoot Niko's body even after he's dead? That always gets me in stitches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TommyTheMan

GTA 2 sounds for Wasted and Busted are priceless. (Was there Toasted too?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ddubz91

Looks like I'm in the minority, voted for San Andreas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXPinguXx
On 6/14/2018 at 8:20 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

What about when the cops continue to shoot Niko's body even after he's dead? 

Oh man, I hated when that happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters

GTA 3 had the best wasted sequence for me since your soul just floats up into the heavens and everything is all white until you're brought back to life.


I don't know about busted though, I very very seldom ever get arrested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXPinguXx
34 minutes ago, universetwisters said:


I don't know about busted though, I very very seldom ever get arrested.

It's basically the same as the wasted one.

Edited by xXPinguXx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49

GTA IV. Slow motion with colors turning black and white just feels more entertaining to watch than the Wasted/Busted text, especially with the ability to move the camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kumieee

IV, V last-gen and San Andreas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Male01

IV is the best for Wasted but I prefer San Andreas for Busted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failure

GTA V has a busted sequence?

 

/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ondr4H
1 hour ago, Failure said:

GTA V has a busted sequence?

 

/s

Yes, but cops are trigger happy and busted is lots of paperwork...

I played GTA V a lot, never gets busted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lioshenka
Posted (edited)

Voted for SA. I think III, VC and SA had the same sequence, but SA had more hilarious things happening during those two last seconds when you died.

 

I can't believe people are liking the IV sequence, in my opinion this is the worst one you could have.

 

Not only there is no way to prevent it (e.g. when a police officer points a gun at you you can't run away, you have to sit and watch the painful 10 second animation of Niko putting his hands behind his head and getting on his knees), then it all goes black and white - again, no way to skip this cutscene. If Niko was in the process of travelling (e.g. flying from windscreen because he hit a pebble) it carries on for another 5 to 7 seconds until he comes to rest on the ground. Then as if some sort of sick mockery you are made to watch as the whole scene fades out to black painfully slow. Then he re-spawns at the hospital or the police station, and of course you must sit and watch the camera doing fancy moves before you re-gain movement.

 

Every death in GTA 4 is a painful 10-25 second sequence, which is not fun, but is annoying, frustrating and boring. If I died or was arrested I hit Escape like mad to make sure I can re-load the game before Niko dies/is arrested. You should not have to do that. Unfortunately, if you were too late hitting the Escape you had to watch the whole thing. You couldn't even quit the game until the dying cutscene has ended - there were occasions where I simply pressed the Win key and closed the GTA 4 window as I couldn't be bothered to wait through it.

Edited by Lioshenka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Lioshenka said:

Voted for SA. I think III, VC and SA had the same sequence, but SA had more hilarious things happening during those two last seconds when you died.

 

I can't believe people are liking the IV sequence, in my opinion this is the worst one you could have.

 

Not only there is no way to prevent it (e.g. when a police officer points a gun at you you can't run away, you have to sit and watch the painful 10 second animation of Niko putting his hands behind his head and getting on his knees), then it all goes black and white - again, no way to skip this cutscene. If Niko was in the process of travelling (e.g. flying from windscreen because he hit a pebble) it carries on for another 5 to 7 seconds until he comes to rest on the ground. Then as if some sort of sick mockery you are made to watch as the whole scene fades out to black painfully slow. Then he re-spawns at the hospital or the police station, and of course you must sit and watch the camera doing fancy moves before you re-gain movement.

 

Every death in GTA 4 is a painful 10-25 second sequence, which is not fun, but is annoying, frustrating and boring. If I died or was arrested I hit Escape like mad to make sure I can re-load the game before Niko dies/is arrested. You should not have to do that. Unfortunately, if you were too late hitting the Escape you had to watch the whole thing. You couldn't even quit the game until the dying cutscene has ended - there were occasions where I simply pressed the Win key and closed the GTA 4 window as I couldn't be bothered to wait through it.

You can skip the sequence just after a few seconds from showing up. Same applies to the camera's movement after respawning. Just hit the Enter (PC) or X (PS) key. Not sure about the Xbox's controls.

 

As for being arrested, as long as you're on foot, you can run away if you hit the running/sprinting key while holding the moving key, but you have to do that before Niko/Johnny/Luis gets on his knees.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXPinguXx
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Failure said:

GTA V has a busted sequence?

 

/s

Course they do, lol. But it's kinda rare to get busted because the cops can get trigger happy but it's possible.

 

@Lioshenka I really don't think restartng your entire game is actually needed... it's not THAT long, lol.

 

Edited by xXPinguXx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
12 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

 

As for being arrested, as long as you're on foot, you can run away if you hit the running/sprinting key while holding the moving key, but you have to do that before Niko/Johnny/Luis gets on his knees.

That's the annoying part though because the protagonists give up way too easily sometimes and you can't correct them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Coconut Kid

Hospital -- GTA: London.

 

YOU'RE

BROWN

BREAD!

 

Busted -- I'll go with Vice City... it cracks me up when Ken talks to the cops.

"You wouldn't know the truth if you found it banging your wife, now release my client! And your wife's not that great."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49
Just now, TheSantader25 said:

That's the annoying part though because the protagonists give up way too easily sometimes and you can't correct them. 

You just need to be fast enough. Mostly not a big deal.

 

I agree that they give up too fast, though. Would've been better if cops had to get closer than they do in order to confront the protagonist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lioshenka
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

As for being arrested, as long as you're on foot, you can run away if you hit the running/sprinting key while holding the moving key, but you have to do that before Niko/Johnny/Luis gets on his knees. 

I heard that before, but it only worked for me maybe couple of times. Once Niko starts getting out of the car or stops running there's no way to avoid being arrested.

1 hour ago, xXPinguXx said:

 I really don't think restartng your entire game is actually needed... it's not THAT long, lol.

I only re-loaded the game in those cases, but if I missed my chance I often I quit it :p I play the game to enjoy it, not to become even more frustrated. Which is why I sold my GTA 4 copy on eBay for a fiver a few years back :)

Edited by Lioshenka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXPinguXx
36 minutes ago, Lioshenka said:

Which is why I sold my GTA 4 copy on eBay for a fiver a few years back :)

YOU WHAT?! 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.