3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

a bad day

[GTA SA] Guide for making car sound mods

a bad day
Posted (edited)

In case there are some people that want to start doing some car sound mods, here is a tutorial. (i just feel like writing one, so I wouldn't also forget how to hehe)

1. Record a gameplay in a racing video game, turn off all other sound effects except for the engine sound.

Record these:

Idle Sound

Revving

Run up to maximum gears

Deceleration

Top speed sound

2. Using some kind of sound extractor, extract the sound from the video files in any kind of format, but I recommend .wav .

3. Download Audacity, open the extracted sound, and highlight these things one by one, saving a sound before highlighting another:

Revving

Deceleration

Idle sound

Hard Acceleration

Top speed sound

Then, export the sounds one by one and by this order.

Bank_001

sound_001.wav - Revving sound

sound_002.wav - Idle sound

Bank_002

sound_001.wav - Hard acceleration sound

sound_002.wav - Top speed sound

sound_003.wav - Deceleration sound

Export the highlighted sound by selecting File>Export>Export Selected Audio, and export it as WAV (Microsoft) Signed 16-bit PCM.

Make sure to clear the metadata tags.

http://prntscr.com/k0uag5

4. Decide what car sound group it would replace. Here's the list:

Bank_001 & 002 - Bravura, Cadrona, Elegy, Euros, Merit, Mesa, Nebula, Previon, Primo, Solair, Uranus, ZR-350

Bank_010 & 011 - Bullet, Glendale, Trashed Glendale, Oceanic, Tornado

Bank_019 & 020 - Cabbie, Fortune, Intruder, Picador, Sunrise, Vincent, Willard, Yosemite

Bank_026 & 027 - Bus, Coach, DFT-30

Bank_028 & 029 - Broadway, Hermes, Remington

Bank_031 & 032 - Alpha, Buffalo, Hotring Racer, Hotring Racer A, Infernus

Bank_034 & 035 - HPV1000, Wayfarer

Bank_039 & 040 - Blade, Buccaneer, Clover, Sabre, Savanna, Stallion, Voodoo

Bank_041 & 042 - Quadbike, Sanchez

Bank_055 & 056 - Kart, Mower

Bank_057 & 058 - Caddy

Bank_062 & 063 - Combine Harvester

Bank_064 & 065 - Bloodring Banger, Monster, Monster A, Monster B

Bank_069 & 070 - BF Injection, Hotknife, Hustler, Slamvan

Bank_074 & 075 - Barracks, Dune, Enforcer, FBI Truck, Flatbed, S.W.A.T., Trashmaster

Bank_077 & 078 - Benson, Cement Truck, Dumper, Fire Truck (both types), Linerunner, Packer, Rhino, Roadtrain, Tanker

Bank_080 & 081 - Admiral, Elegant, Emperor, Police (all 3 types), Premier, Sentinel, Stafford, Stratum, Stretch, Sultan, Taxi

Bank_082 & 083 - Dozer, Tractor, Walton

Bank_086 & 087 - Blista Compact, Club, Esperanto, Feltzer, Flash, Jester, Majestic, Tahoma

Bank_088 & 089 - Bobcat, Greenwood, Manana, Moonbeam, Perennial, Regina, Romero, Sadler, Trashed Sadler, Tampa, Virgo, Washington

Bank_092 & 093 - FBI Rancher, Huntley, Landstalker, Patriot, Rancher (both types), Ranger, Sandking

Bank_094 & 095 - Hotring Racer B, Phoenix, Windsor

Bank_096 & 097 - Banshee, Cheetah, Comet, Super GT, Turismo

Bank_108 & 109 - Bandito, FCR-900

Bank_118 & 119 - BF-400, NRG-500, PCJ-600

Bank_130 & 131 - Ambulance, Berkley's RC Van, Burglar Boxville, Burrito, Journey, Mule, Newsvan, Pony, Securicar, Towtruck, Utility Van

Bank_133 & 134 - Freeway

Bank_135 & 136 - Regular Boxville, Camper, Hotdog, Rumpo, Yankee

5. Install the sounds by either using modloader, or SAAT. But, I recommend modloader more.

Make a new folder and name it to anything. Place the 2 Bank folders inside it.

6. Launch the game and enjoy your new sounds.

Better spawn your car or steal one.

Message me if you had problems with making car sound mods by using my steps.

Edited by a bad day

NgelawakGan

Hey i tried to make sound from asseto corsa game ex: ferrari 458 gt2 sound i edited and group by rev, etc. But when i install it with modloader bht the sound is  still default, i tried to match the duration of vanilla sound but still the same. Maybe you can help me? 

a bad day
3 hours ago, NgelawakGan said:

Hey i tried to make sound from asseto corsa game ex: ferrari 458 gt2 sound i edited and group by rev, etc. But when i install it with modloader bht the sound is  still default, i tried to match the duration of vanilla sound but still the same. Maybe you can help me? 

check my msg

Pranjit Das
On 6/29/2018 at 4:30 PM, NgelawakGan said:

The same thing happened with me too! I was tried to convert the stock Lexus IS-300 sound from NFS Most Wanted (2005) to GTA SA (which replace the default sound of Premier, Police cars, Admiral).

I was recorded the sounds with my android phone, then changed the format of the files to "wav" by NCH Switch Sound File Converter in my PC.

But when I install the sounds using Modloader, the sounds still default. Only the deceleration sound changed to my modded one, others default sounds!

I have no idea how to fix it, I'm 100% sure that the length of the sound (0:00) is exactly same as the default one, and also I have renamed all files correctly!

Then why it wouldn't works? Please somebody explain...

Thanks!

a bad day
On 8/16/2018 at 8:14 AM, Pranjit Das said:

The same thing happened with me too! I was tried to convert the stock Lexus IS-300 sound from NFS Most Wanted (2005) to GTA SA (which replace the default sound of Premier, Police cars, Admiral).

I was recorded the sounds with my android phone, then changed the format of the files to "wav" by NCH Switch Sound File Converter in my PC.

But when I install the sounds using Modloader, the sounds still default. Only the deceleration sound changed to my modded one, others default sounds!

I have no idea how to fix it, I'm 100% sure that the length of the sound (0:00) is exactly same as the default one, and also I have renamed all files correctly!

Then why it wouldn't works? Please somebody explain...

Thanks!

Sorry for the really (x2) late reply.

Try doing this:

1. Don't record with your android phone, instead, try recording a video of the gameplay with a recording software in your PC, like FRAPS, Bandicam, Hypercam, MSI Afterburner, Camtasia, etc.

2. Import the video in a video editing software like Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier Pro, etc. Export it in WAV 16-Bit PCM.

3. Import the WAV in Audacity and edit the sounds. Everytime you feel like the sound is a success, highlight the desired sound, and move to step 4.

4. Export the WAV using File>Export>Export Selected Audio. Export it to your desired destination.

5. Once you found the destination folder, click save, then there will be a prompt that allows you to change the credits of the audio file. Click on clear and then export.

6. Make sure to name it correctly. Bank_001 & sound_001.wav is the correct folder and file name.

Get back to me when you faced any more problems.

Pranjit Das
23 hours ago, a bad day said:

Sorry for the really (x2) late reply.

Try doing this:

1. Don't record with your android phone, instead, try recording a video of the gameplay with a recording software in your PC, like FRAPS, Bandicam, Hypercam, MSI Afterburner, Camtasia, etc.

2. Import the video in a video editing software like Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier Pro, etc. Export it in WAV 16-Bit PCM.

3. Import the WAV in Audacity and edit the sounds. Everytime you feel like the sound is a success, highlight the desired sound, and move to step 4.

4. Export the WAV using File>Export>Export Selected Audio. Export it to your desired destination.

5. Once you found the destination folder, click save, then there will be a prompt that allows you to change the credits of the audio file. Click on clear and then export.

6. Make sure to name it correctly. Bank_001 & sound_001.wav is the correct folder and file name.

Get back to me when you faced any more problems.

Oh its too hard, I think I can't do it but okay, thank you so much for the reply!

I will try it soon, thanks again! 😊😊😊