4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Richard Power Colt

Just Cause 4

AiraCobra
On 6/9/2018 at 1:47 PM, jpm1 said:

interesting. hope it will be less boring than 3. i loved 1 which was a nice game. but 2 and 3 were just blow that tank up, and blow that giant antenna up. boring

I didn't find it boring but then again I never really got to play it because of all the graphical issues and stuttering on PC and not being able to finish the DLC missions due to the bots not being able to be controled.

I just hope they do more testing on PC to ensure all the bugs are worked out before release otherwise they'll loose their loyal fans like me because of it

Richard Power Colt

I heard the last game performed pretty badly on all platforms, not just PC. 

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Mokrie Dela

I never had any problems on ps4 personally. 

Daz

I am really quite excited, though the game is generally one of those games that you complete and then almost never pick up again, it is fun as hell while it lasts and I love the freedom and free movement of the game gliding around.

Is there any word of multiplayer yet? We can't seriously be 2 more games into the series without some form of co-op or multiplayer mode. The game would truly shine with co-op.

Some gameplay:

On 6/14/2018 at 10:56 AM, Darth Yokel said:

BOLO SANTOSIIIIIII

SCORPIOOOOOOOOO

THA REEPAHSSSS

I will never forget.

Furry_Monkey
On 6/16/2018 at 8:03 PM, Mokrie Dela said:

I never had any problems on ps4 personally. 

The only issue I saw was the one I saw nearly everyone on PS4 said they saw, and that was a framerate drop for a few seconds when you caused the biggest types of explosions.  For example, every time I blew up a petrol station the last (biggest) part of the explosion would cause a slight stutter.  It really was nothing to worry about though as it never interfered with actual gameplay.  

Guys on PC though, I did feel for.  Some of the footage I saw showed the game to be literally unplayable.  I hope they sort that sh*t out for this version.

BlackScout

It's a new engine. There is nothing to sort out for Just Cause 4. It's all about them not doing a sloppy job with this one.

AiraCobra
3 hours ago, Furry_Monkey said:

Guys on PC though, I did feel for.  Some of the footage I saw showed the game to be literally unplayable.  I hope they sort that sh*t out for this version.

This was my experience with JC3 on PC in the first few months of it's release,

They finally managed to fix the game enough to where it was playable but the thing that ultimately put an end to me playing it was where in the special side missions for those with the deluxe edition I couldn't complete the first special mission because the Bot wouldn't pick anything up or do what it was suppose to do and I never got any help from Square Enix about it.

On 6/17/2018 at 12:21 PM, Daz said:

s there any word of multiplayer yet? We can't seriously be 2 more games into the series without some form of co-op or multiplayer mode. The game would truly shine with co-op.

In the last 2 games Multiplayer was a 3rd party add on for PC but console didn't get any Multiplayer options if I remember correctly but Square Enix has to know how popular Multiplayer has been on just PC alone let alone how popular it would be if they added it to console as well.

Just hook up with the folks who made Online happen the last few years and work with them to set up a proper online environment with PvP, PvE and Co-Op Levels simlar to Ghost Recon and Far Cry 

_________

The one thing I did like were the planes offered in JC3 both Bomber, Strafer and Rocketpods  and they handled nicely but they need to work on the Helicopter controls they felt so clunky how you just sway side to side and I would like to see a lock on mode for helicopters to help during air battles although it wasn't hard to shoot the other helicopter down but still.

I do hope they change the method of unlocks as the Gears Method wasn't a good one as not everybody was good enough to unlock 3 gears in the car challenges in fact I ended up using a mod that unlocked them for me as I just frustrated me to no end.

We have 8 months until release so we'll be getting trickles of information soon enough to get everybody hyped.

Edited by AiraCobra

AiraCobra

Edited by AiraCobra

Mister Pinkerton

I absolutely loved JC2 and was hyped for JC3 although the map was a let-down and looked samey all over. Now it looks like we'll have a diverse map again and there's a glimmer of hope for me but after RDR2, Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon 4 and Hitman all coming our shortly (except for Cyberpunk), I'm not too pushed for JC4 anymore. 

I'm sure there will be a few hours of fun but I'm definitely not going to go into this game expecting to complete it. It doesn't have that respect of me to play to completion. It's a mindless fun game and not that I ever thought it was more, I kind of fooled myself into thinking it could one of my favourite games and I would complete it. In fact, I'm not sure I bothered completing any JC story, lol. 

Edited by Mister Pink

luisniko

I don't know the history of JC's developers usually promote JC like, I'm interested in this but I want to see some actual gameplay footage, instead of tailored ones like this or even from cringelord YouTubers..

Richard Power Colt

You can look at the game's map here:

https://justcause.square-enix-games.com/en-us/map

It definitely looks more diverse and better balanced than the map in JC3. I hope there are more unique and memorable locations too like in JC2.

Also here's the capital city:

screenshot-capital-city-small.jpg

It's a bit hard to tell how big it really is from the picture. The capital city in JC3 was disappointingly small.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Mister Pinkerton

That map is a lot like JC3 insofar as the snow-capped mountains, the jungle, lighter jungle then desert and that the map is more like one bigger central island and not so scattered as JC3 map. I think "balanced" is the right word, as you put it. ^

I think the cloud down the bottom-right is obscuring something juicy. 

Dl8A2jFW0AEBzer.jpg

Just a screen I liked..

VXhGts7.jpg

Edited by Mister Pink

chronic lumbago

Gotta be honest, they're hyping the tornado too much so far. What else is there besides a cool tornado and some better destruction physics?

loyletomycapo

just add a f*cking multiplayer mode already, everyones been gagging on about it since the first. would be infinite lols.

Mister Pinkerton
6 hours ago, 1972 said:

Gotta be honest, they're hyping the tornado too much so far. What else is there besides a cool tornado and some better destruction physics?

Yeah dude. Imagine that was a surprise!? Nope. Not happening. AAA title game is so volatile that these nit-bags have to tell you about ever c*nting surprise you could have had. 

luisniko

Ok, I checked their Twitter, there were some bit of more info that I didn't know, such as a dune buggy and an oasis-esque small town in the desert.

16 hours ago, Richard Power Colt said:

It's a bit hard to tell how big it really is from the picture. 

Comparing to other seems-to-be towns in the map, the capital city looks bigger at least twice the size. I don't know. But then again we are going to be blowing sh*t up across mountains coast to coast. What is the meaning of capital city at this point.

Dryspace
On 6/17/2018 at 9:21 AM, Daz said:

...though the game is generally one of those games that you complete and then almost never pick up again

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?

I've completed Just Cause 2 three times since 2010. I'll be doing a fourth play-through soon, after which I will give Just Cause 3 a try.

I always find it funny when I hear someone assert that this or that game has no replay value, or "can only be played once" as if it were a matter of objective fact, rather than personal preference. For myself, re-playability has nothing to do with things like complexity or choice or multiplayer; it depends solely on my enjoyment of the experience.

I can come back to a co-op game like Left 4 Dead 2 to the tune of hundreds of hours over five years, and at the same time I will replay Half-Life 2, or BioShock, or The Longest Journey, or F.E.A.R., or Crysis (2007), to name a few, every ~couple of years. The same for books, and to a degree movies.

This isn't any kind of criticism--I'm just remarking on the fact that we often see things only from our own perspective. For me, anything is potentially re-playable, or re-readable, or re-doable if the original experience was enjoyable.

Edited by Dryspace
Typo

Daz
53 minutes ago, Dryspace said:

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?

I've completed Just Cause 2 three times since 2010. I'll be doing a fourth play-through soon, after which I will give Just Cause 3 a try.

I always find it funny when I hear someone assert that this or that game has no replay value, or "can only be played once" as if it were a matter of objective fact, rather than personal preference. For myself, re-playability has nothing to do with things like complexity or choice or multiplayer; it depends solely on my enjoyment of the experience.

I can come back to a co-op game like Left 4 Dead 2 to the tune of hundreds of hours over five years, and at the same time I will replay Half-Life 2, or BioShock, or The Longest Journey, or F.E.A.R., or Crysis (2007), to name a few, every ~couple of years. The same for books, and to a degree movies.

This isn't any kind of criticism--I'm just remarking on the fact that we often see things only from our own perspective. For me, anything is potentially re-playable, or re-readable, or re-doable if the original experience was enjoyable.

Well the problem was that you assumed I was talking for everyone. Usually when one person says something it can only ever be their opinion based off their experiences and evidence they have provided to them.

The point I was getting at was that like many other open world games, and pretty much all ubisoft ones, it ends up being a collection grind and a completion for a percentage completed as opposed to actual fun for the gameplay in that exact second. Not to say JC never has fun, it is probably the best out of that genre, but I get to the end and finish it and feel a bit empty with nothing left to do or blow up, explore or have a need to do. I am not certain if there were options added later for resetting bases, I think there might have been for JC3 but I for sure don't want to start a game over that takes so long to complete and finish 100%. I would rather just have a new game plus with extremely over powered weapons, infinite ammo and just breeze through it with little to no difficulty, but even that I am still replaying what I have already done instead of having new random experiences with the game AI. After sinking 30-40 hours or so into one game at this point it really isn't worth much more than that and what you get out of it is diminishing returns, it is all about the gameplay to be had instantly, if the game is completed or not. It often is the most fun the first time then not really much else past that. Also you are comparing other games that are entirely different and also assuming everyone has time or even wants to play 1 game through multiple times these days. At this point, I take games that have no progression but deep and random game worlds that every time you play it is different. As opposed to completing a check list then having your game be dead once everything is cleared out.

The fun I have is the flying and the physics and not so much the explosions or military gear, for some reason that isn't as satisfying as it could be. Either that or I have grown past it.

All I ever wanted was to be able to f*ck around in co-op with a friend and explore the physics with another player. This still has not been done which very much pisses me off.

19 hours ago, ARTHUR. said:

just add a f*cking multiplayer mode already, everyones been gagging on about it since the first. would be infinite lols.

^

Just delete any story and give me at least 2 player drop in drop out co-op.

Edited by Daz

Dryspace
40 minutes ago, Daz said:

Well the problem was that you assumed I was talking for everyone.

I didn't assume anything; I simply read what you wrote.

You said "the game is generally one of those games that you complete and then almost never pick up again". If you had said "...one of those games that I complete and then almost never pick up again" then I wouldn't have responded. Makes sense, right?

Basically, everything that you said in the next paragraph clearly demonstrates the point I made. The way you approach games, and what you expect to get out of them, is not the same for other people. I don't attempt to 100% games. I don't bother collecting items that have no in-game benefit. So e.g., in JC2 I will collect health and upgrade cases, because they actually provide an advantage, but conversely in Assassin's Creed I don't bother with flags or feathers, and in Alan Wake I don't bother with coffee thermoses, because even if there is a benefit, it's microscopic compared to the amount of time and trouble required to achieve it.

Further, you like randomness, I don't (although I object to "deep and random"--I've never seen the two together...it's almost always one or the other). You want co-op added to single-player games, I don't. You are okay with story being deleted, whereas I think the cheesy story and characters of JC2 are endearing and something I actually look forward to on each play-through.

As I said, it takes all kinds. And as I also said, I wasn't offering a criticism, I was simply shaking my head good-naturedly at how we often forget that the way we see the world is not the only way to see it.

Edited by Dryspace
Typo

luisniko

I'm curious. What happens in JC2 and 3 after story is done and supposedly everything is liberated?

Can I still meet some hostiles to shoot in the free roam or will I lug rocket launcher for nothing?

loyletomycapo
4 hours ago, Dryspace said:

You want co-op added to single-player games

4 hours ago, Dryspace said:

I'll take false premise for 500 alex

Daz
6 hours ago, Dryspace said:

You said "the game is generally one of those games that you complete and then almost never pick up again". If you had said "...one of those games that I complete and then almost never pick up again" then I wouldn't have responded. Makes sense, right?

Basically, everything that you said in the next paragraph clearly demonstrates the point I made. The way you approach games, and what you expect to get out of them, is not the same for other people. I don't attempt to 100% games. I don't bother collecting items that have no in-game benefit. So e.g., in JC2 I will collect health and upgrade cases, because they actually provide an advantage, but conversely in Assassin's Creed I don't bother with flags or feathers, and in Alan Wake I don't bother with coffee thermoses, because even if there is a benefit, it's microscopic compared to the amount of time and trouble required to achieve it.

Further, you like randomness, I don't (although I object to "deep and random"--I've never seen the two together...it's almost always one or the other). You want co-op added to single-player games, I don't. You are okay with story being deleted, whereas I think the cheesy story and characters of JC2 are endearing and something I actually look forward to on each play-through.

As I said, it takes all kinds. And as I also said, I wasn't offering a criticism, I was simply shaking my head good-naturedly at how we often forget that the way we see the world is not the only way to see it.

See, what you are doing here is talking semantics on the way I phrased a sentence. I didn't say "I" because I know other people feel the way I do.  Here is an example: Pretend as if I were talking to a woman and said "well, when you shove your dick into a VCR, it hurts, and you feel regretful", I don't expect her to say "You should have said 'I' because I don't have a dick, and said 'I' instead of 'you' because I would never do that". Forget the avenue of approach, I am explaining what one my take from the experience as the end result. Regardless of your opinion or stance, it is a simple figure of speech that you should pick up on what I am talking about. I can't help that you didn't like it.

As for the rest. I couldn't give a flying gnat's foreskin about how you play or what you want from the game. You can post whatever you like about what you think the game should be or what you would like from it. But don't angle it at me as if I have somehow shat on your experience because I think the opposite of you.

TLDR; Yes, that was my opinion, hence why I myself posted it instead of asking my butler. You can have yours too, but nobody cares. So move on.

On topic: In my solitary opinion, the game should have co-op, and also replace every character with llamas, except the game's main villain who should be the disabled man that drives the blue reliant robin from Mr Bean.

DareYokel
19 minutes ago, Daz said:

On topic: In my solitary opinion, the game should have co-op, and also replace every character with llamas, except the game's main villain who should be the disabled man that drives the blue reliant robin from Mr Bean.

You should be a game developer.

Dryspace

@Daz

Do you really think I thought that you were talking to me personally when you said 'you'? Because that's exactly what you tried to explain in your analogy. How could I possibly think that, when you had never spoken to me before?

You said "the game is generally one of those games that you complete and then almost never pick up again", which everyone and his brother knows means "the game is generally one of those games that can only be played once". If you deny that, you are simply being obtuse.

I didn't attack you. I didn't tell you YOU couldn't play the game only once. I gave my opinion, and I did it courteously, and apparently I hit a nerve, though I can't imagine why.

When did I tell you you couldn't have an opinion, or insult you personally, or in any way, shape, or form say or even insinuate that you "shat on my experience"? Exactly what--and I mean precisely what--about anything that I wrote could possibly make you believe that I was angry, or upset, or attacking you?

9 hours ago, luisniko said:

I'm curious. What happens in JC2 and 3 after story is done and supposedly everything is liberated?

I haven't played JC3 yet, but in JC2, after you complete the story you can still do anything else that remains to be done.

In practice, this means destroying structures and collecting upgrades and faction items. Basically, the only reason to continue is to attempt to get the most amount of Chaos or Cash possible, or 100% Completion. When I finish the story, I just put the game away and come back to it a couple of years later.

Edited by Dryspace
Formatting

luisniko
1 hour ago, Dryspace said:

I haven't played JC3 yet, but in JC2, after you complete the story you can still do anything else that remains to be done.

In practice, this means destroying structures and collecting upgrades and faction items. Basically, the only reason to continue is to attempt to get the most amount of Chaos or Cash possible, or 100% Completion. When I finish the story, I just put the game away and come back to it a couple of years later.

I'm not exactly familiar with the game's terms. I played JC3 and stopped halfway, though under positive view of the game and series.

So when you said "get the most amount of Chaos", this means I still can see (unlimited) enemies roaming or staying around for me to kill and fight with in the end game? This means a lot to me 1000x way more than some irrelevant weird side quest or novelty sh*t like playing poker or drinking in the game.

Dryspace

@luisniko

If you haven't played Just Cause 2, I absolutely recommend that you give it a try.

It did nothing for me when I first played the demo in 2010. I wasn't impressed with the mechanics and controls, and passed it off as too "consoley". But whenever I was bored, I found myself loading up the demo with its 30-minute time limit and trying to see how much I could accomplish before the time limit was reached. Short version, I ended up paying the full price and loving it, though I still don't think the mechanics and controls are near as good as they could be. One thing I can say: I'd have to really think hard to determine whether there is another single mechanic in any other game whose mere usage has been as much pure fun for me as Rico's grappling hook in JC2. In answer to your questions:

In JC2, 'Chaos' consists of points that you score by destroying fixed structures. It is something that you can do at any time and is the fundamental basis of progression: Chaos allows the story and missions (which are the same thing) to be advanced.

Yes, as long as there are still things to destroy, there will be enemies to contend with, and the more destruction the higher 'heat' you draw. I don't know if the enemies themselves respawn indefinitely, but to give you an idea, my first two play-throughs were around 60 hours each. My second play-through ended with ~32% completion, and I'm sure my first was similar. My last was ~37 hours with ~41% completion. I'm pretty sure that not all of that completion percentage is destruction--I believe it includes upgrade & faction collectibles--but I know that on each of my play-throughs there were still many towns and other places I never made it to.

There are no side quests of that type in JC2. It sounds like that was introduced in JC3? The only quests are Story missions and Faction missions.

For me, the appeal of Just Cause 2 is the core "gameplay loop" as they call it, in which the grappling hook is the MVP, and the cheesy, unapologetically over-the-top story and characters.

Edited by Dryspace
Clarification

luisniko

We can do melee attack and holster weapon manually. Then fine aim and lock on. Seems like slightly less of a run n gun with magnet soft lock aim?

Dryspace
1 hour ago, luisniko said:

We can do melee attack and holster weapon manually.

In Just Cause 2, Rico can use the grappling hook to either whip enemies or grab them. Surely this is possible in JC3, right? With the hook, I'm not sure why Rico would want to bother with his fists. It's kind of like using a lighter on dynamite when you have a remote detonator.

I don't know about JC3, but I'm pretty sure Rico can holster his weapons in JC2...someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

luisniko
1 hour ago, Dryspace said:

In Just Cause 2, Rico can use the grappling hook to either whip enemies or grab them. Surely this is possible in JC3, right? With the hook, I'm not sure why Rico would want to bother with his fists. It's kind of like using a lighter on dynamite when you have a remote detonator.

I don't know about JC3, but I'm pretty sure Rico can holster his weapons in JC2...someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

What I know is that when you tether someone and reel in, Rico will kick them. 

I don't know, more combat flexibility is always welcome for me so I can actually punch/kick/smack someone close by. Even better if I can use them as meat shield.

Dryspace

All I'm saying is that, when you have a grappling hook, there's no reason to have to resort to that, as you can WHIP! WHIP! WHIP! around the place, changing locations, and positioning yourself as necessary. With the grappling hook, someone close by is someone 50 feet away 3 seconds later. Grappling hook is king.