Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richard Power Colt

Just Cause 4

Dryspace
1 hour ago, KY Jello said:

If you expect every game that comes out now and in the future to look like RDR2 you're gonna end up disappointed.

I think the issue is not that it doesn't look like RDR2, but that there are many, many very real, very egregious and inexcusable problems with the game.

And for the visuals: From what I understand, it's not that they aren't state-of-the-art -- JC2 was by no means state-of-the-art -- it's that they are, frankly pathetic. Both aesthetically and technically.

And staying on the subject of visuals: What about the superbullshots? What about that particular disgusting crap? There is no excuse for that because there is no excuse for lying.

Marketing hyberbole is not lying. Saying: "JUST CAUSE 4 IS THE BEST-LOOKING GAME THIS YEAR!!!" is not lying, because that is an entirely subjective statement. Trying to sell pre-orders using pictures that do not accurately represent the game is not subjective, but objective. What is the point of even posting pictures in the first place? As evidence. And this is faking evidence. It's lying and anyone who dismisses it is part of the problem (along with people who pre-order :D).

Edited by Dryspace

HaRdSTyLe_83
2 hours ago, KY Jello said:

Not every dev has the money, people, or resources like R*. If you expect every game that comes out now and in the future to look like RDR2 you're gonna end up disappointed.

It look worse then the previous  so that is no excuse. 2018 was a bad year imo, kind off desapointed with battlefield and fallout. RDR2 is a great game, but i cant get into online like i did with GTA

Furry_Monkey
12 hours ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

It look worse then the previous  so that is no excuse.

It really doesn't, unless you take a small number of specific screenshots, taken because they particularly look worse than the game the other 99.9999% of the time.

That is, of course, unless platforms make a difference.  I'm on PS4 and apart from some blatant bugs (the often mentioned shiny hair thing, for example), it looks lovely.  It's clearly better looking than JC3.

I think there's a bandwagon with a LOT of people jumping on it.

Dealux

Some of the effects are definitely worse. I think the overall art style was more consistent in the previous game. JC4 has some improved lighting but in some scenes it really looks like a 360 game.

Edited by Dealux

Dryspace

cFeBtO9.jpg

BE7wegZ.jpgiyXSuU6.jpg7Qhk2so.jpgEsfnUy6.jpgLYIZH3C.jpgijvFDj7.jpg

Mokrie Dela

That last one....

Furry_Monkey

All exactly what I said - specific examples of problems.  The vast majority of the time it does not look anywhere near that.

People like to complain from the bandwagon.

Edit: I just noticed something.  In that comparison video the guy makes a reference to the final big explosion at petrol stations "that causes the building itself to explode", but it does no such thing.  The building never explodes, but you can't see that in those clips.  Not sure what that means, if anything.  It's odd.

Another edit: Let us not forget that potato cam photos of glitches and opinionated non-fact-based videos aside, Just Cause has always, always been about having crazy fun.  Once I started playing with the gadgets, which you get relatively early in the game (with upgrade options available with small side-missions), I was hooked.  It was one of those times where you start playing something and completely lose track of time, and then suddenly it's 2am.  I've actually adopted a combination of balloons and boosters that I use more often than guns.  It's basically a "fire and forget" gadget as the bad guy flies off into the distance and then explodes.

Anyway, here's some of the fun you can have...

Edited by Furry_Monkey

HaRdSTyLe_83
18 hours ago, Furry_Monkey said:

It really doesn't, unless you take a small number of specific screenshots, taken because they particularly look worse than the game the other 99.9999% of the time.

That is, of course, unless platforms make a difference.  I'm on PS4 and apart from some blatant bugs (the often mentioned shiny hair thing, for example), it looks lovely.  It's clearly better looking than JC3.

I think there's a bandwagon with a LOT of people jumping on it.

and what bandwagon did you jump on? there are alot of examples in were the game was downgraded for no real reason and here you are calling it "specific" examples

Richard Power Colt

Lot of those graphical issues look like bugs and it's probably just them rushing the release again before polishing the game. There's a patch coming for the game I believe and I'd be surprised if they don't address them.

Furry_Monkey
4 hours ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

and what bandwagon did you jump on? there are alot of examples in were the game was downgraded for no real reason and here you are calling it "specific" examples

I'm not in a bandwagon. I'm enjoying the game.

HaRdSTyLe_83
1 hour ago, Furry_Monkey said:

I'm not in a bandwagon. I'm enjoying the game.

You can do that and still criticize its flaws.

Starting to call people out saying they are on the bandwagon bcuz they dont like something would be has terrible as me calling you a fanboy bcuz you ignore all the bad stuff 

Edit JC3 xxl edition is on humble bundle this month along project cars 2. Its a better deal for 12€ then 59€ for JC4

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Furry_Monkey
55 minutes ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

You can do that and still criticize its flaws.

Yes, I know.  I played GTAO for over 4 years so I'm vary familiar with enjoying games with flaws.  JC4, by comparison, has some tiny minor bugs and is a breath of fresh air.  It's crashed a few times, has some unimportant (to me) visual issues that could do with ironing out, and I've seen one or two bugs that didn't affect game play at all.

In that respect it's a typical release for the games industry of today, but I consider it to be one of the most playable and fun new games available.

Edited by Furry_Monkey