3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Richard Power Colt

Just Cause 4

Richard Power Colt

2pSNN55.png

This ad just showed up on Steam. Seems to be a mistake considering there's no actual Steam page for it yet.

MarshDanni

What the heck. Even the Steam is not free from accidental leaks. Nothing much to tell since there is no more info, but I did thought that if there is a 4 that Rico would be much older. Greyed out lol

jpm1

interesting. hope it will be less boring than 3. i loved 1 which was a nice game. but 2 and 3 were just blow that tank up, and blow that giant antenna up. boring

RedDagger

Apparently some (crappy) images leaked

https://imgur.com/a/HVuvkGi

looks...a lot more promising than JC3 in the map department, I'm excited for more info on this one. 

Quinn_flower

wooop woop!!!!!!! omg the grahpics.....better have sprint button this time. rain and twisters...........geez

BlackScout
Posted (edited)

Extra Footage:

This feels a LOT more like Just Cause. I am really excited about this game! Hope they deliver this time.

__

Also, December 4, 2018 release... Holysh*t! I was expecting something like June 2019.

Edited by BlackScout
hm

Fireman

Boring series, continues to be boring, What a surprise.

Furry_Monkey

[Insert "Jizz In My Pants" video here]

I.  Can't.  Wait.

Each to their own (I accept that not everyone like these games, or all of them) but personally I've loved every iteration of this franchise.  I can't wait for this, and unless we're being misled it has really been polished up and looks a lot more realistic than previous versions.  That alone is enough for me to be VERY excited about this!  It looks tasty and ridiculous.

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BlackScout said:

Extra Footage:

This feels a LOT more like Just Cause. I am really excited about this game! Hope they deliver this time.

__

Also, December 4, 2018 release... Holysh*t! I was expecting something like June 2019.

Glad to see different biomes, Just Cause 3's map was a bit lacking in variety. Overall tho it doesn't actually look like a huge jump from Just Cause 3. It seems like they might have even re-used some assets from it. I don't really mind that tho, because I really loved certain aspects of JC3. If this game is basically just JC3 with a new map and all the really bad aspects fixed(like that god-awful progression with the challenges) as well as a couple of new features added then that would get me excited.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

luisniko

I didn't finish JC3. The heavy lag and how the car controls like having input lag really turned me off. But other than that, I absolutely enjoyed the action. So I hope they take down those issues for the next one.

Probably the only run-n-gun half-superhero action game with more of a present-day-ish high tech stuff without aliens or mystical creature or robots. Looking forward to this.

Good thing they seem to use Rico's personality and look from 3. I like this guy; he's a humble badass. Rico in JC2 and 1 sounded and looked like a dick.

Richard Power Colt

jpm1

now the guy flies into tornadoes. lolz. seriously why they are putting so much efforts in ruining the franchise. 1 was great. why the heck they are taking so weird ways

Darth Yokel

So many buzzwords. I hate these types of trailers where they talk about the same sh*t that was in the last game like it's somehow new and innovative. At least they didn't do it as badly as Activision does it with CoD every damn year.

GTA V Is On PC

Hopefully they do a better job with the main city in this game than they did with JC3. Panau City was like eight times the size of Citate Di Ravello. 

ThirteenAG

I dropped JC3 very early and came back to give it another shot after they released two DLCs, and accidentally the bavarium wingsuit from the first expansion made the entire game for me. It was so much fun having that rocket booster, I completed all missions using only that. I hope it makes a comeback in JC4. The Black Hand Prototype Weaponized Wingsuit sounds similar, but I dunno if it's the same thing.

BlackScout
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Darth Yokel said:

So many buzzwords. I hate these types of trailers where they talk about the same sh*t that was in the last game like it's somehow new and innovative. At least they didn't do it as badly as Activision does it with CoD every damn year.

Buzzwords are just PR, E3 is full of that. By the way, GTA has been the "same" sh*t over and over again (which to me is getting gradually boring over time) every 4 or so years. Yet we are all still buying into it.

I believe the new additions such as weather events, together with improvements to handling and other aspects of the game will help to make this a proper sequel.
Also, if they further improve story writing it would be even more awesome. Although I don't really expect that.

Just Cause has always been pretty simple with it. Anyway, it's enough to give us an excuse to explode the entire map.

Edited by BlackScout

luisniko

Rico has been defying the law of nature enough until the mother nature itself takes a hit on him.

I just wonder if he can still alive after getting sucked by tornado though.

Richard Power Colt

To me the over the top action stuff is pretty much what makes Just Cause Just Cause. There are other games you can play to get more of a survival feel.

Cheatz/Trickz

Rico looks like he does in 3, but sounds like he does in 2. This a good. 

Richard Power Colt

Some new gameplay. Looks like they're doubling down on all the physics sandbox stuff. 

Corndawg93

Oh boy, more sh*t to blow up

Sinner!

I'm hoping for a more serious less cheesy narrative & it looks like it might be going in that direction, which is a positive for me. 

I agree it should be more than just 24/7 mayhem as that gets repetitive quick, so perhaps a stealth element? taking the design philosophy from a rigged very grounded & annoying game like Far Cry 2 is a big NO for a game like Just Cause though, but it would be a positive if it mimicked elements of the Far Cry games from 3 onwards. 

Also, to the person who said GTA is the same sh*t, let me ask, are IV & V basically the same sh*t as you say? not really IMO V was for better or worse a vastly different experience to IV. Where's JC 3 was JC 2 with a wingsuit & a slightly different tropical location.

Darth Yokel

Physics based destruction is a pretty cool thing to see in games again. It used to be a promising new thing back when Half Life 2 was released and then Crysis in 2007. I also remember a gameplay trailer of the early open-world version of Alan Wake that was supposed to feature something similar. It should have been a common thing 10 years ago, but I guess consoles weren't ready for it yet so it just sort of disappeared.

Richard Power Colt

I never played it, but Red Faction: Guerrilla came out in like 2009 and seemingly had amazing destruction physics. In the last few years it feels like AAA companies have mostly just been trying to make their games look shinier without too many technical innovations in other areas. 

Mokrie Dela

This series has aleays been fun. The voice acting and story lets it down bit it's never been about that. I hope it let's us bring the pace down from time to time - would love to sneak in a base and set up a few bombs/tethers, then sneak back out, detonate and watch the carnage while the ai scramble around with no idea what's going on, letting me swoop in and go crazy. 

Not sure if this will be a release buy but I'll be picking this up for sure at some point

Darth Yokel
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Richard Power Colt said:

I never played it, but Red Faction: Guerrilla came out in like 2009 and seemingly had amazing destruction physics.

Yeah but it's a really repetitive brown game with only that one gimmick. I couldn't get into it.

46 minutes ago, Mokrie Dela said:

The voice acting and story lets it down bit it's never been about that.

This is a classic though:

Edited by Darth Yokel

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mokrie Dela said:

This series has aleays been fun. The voice acting and story lets it down bit it's never been about that. I hope it let's us bring the pace down from time to time - would love to sneak in a base and set up a few bombs/tethers, then sneak back out, detonate and watch the carnage while the ai scramble around with no idea what's going on, letting me swoop in and go crazy. 

Not sure if this will be a release buy but I'll be picking this up for sure at some point

Some type of stealth mechanic would be nice just for the sake of being able to prep a bunch of tethers and stuff without anyone seeing. In JC3, it was a bit hard sometimes to really experiment with that stuff when you were getting shot at.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Mokrie Dela

Exactly, man. I'm not saying go all splinter cell but I feel JC should explore different play styles and paces. A stealthy sniper in the hills, picking off enemies and explosive barrels, causing chain reactions that creates a path of chaos through a base (your still need to go in and clear up or collect stuff but it's at least take put some enemies and confuse them enough to get the drop on them)

JC has never been about that though. Snipers were useful only for a single assassination target. It's all about going as loud as possible but id love to silently prep some carnage tbh

Richard Power Colt

Just an interesting bit of info I came across: 

I'm super glad if they're ditching the challenge-based progression system from the last game. That was one of the worst parts about JC3. Hopefully the unlocks will also be generally more exciting this time.