2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tylarious

Should GTA 6 have a Battle Royale game mode?

Should GTA 6 have a Battle Royale game mode? Why or why not?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should GTA 6 have a Battle Royale game mode?

Tylarious

Should GTA 6 have a Battle Royale game mode? Yes or No? Why or why not?

No Use For A Name

No, because GTA isn’t f*cking Fortnite

Mexicola9302

There is a Gamemode called Motor Wars it's like Battle Royale that should be enough of this.

f*ck Fortnite and PUBG. Stupid kid games that are popular atm.

Coleco

Nah.

Not every game has to cater to currently fashionable genres. 

Tetris Battle Royale Mode coming soon

ciel
Posted (edited)

no, I'd rather eat my sister's snatch.

why? because not every f*cking online game has to have a br mode.

Edited by xxi

Laker23
Posted (edited)

GTA 6 isn't seeing the light of day until at least 2021, when hopefully this trend will be long past it's sell by date. So, no.

Edited by Laker23

jollythecat

No.

Voodoo-Hendrix

I have never understood the hate for PUBG/Fortnite/Battle Royale, it's only because it's popular nowadays?

I have barely played Fortnite and while not the second coming of Jesus, I found it decent, to each their own.

Answering OP's question: Yeah, why not? As long as it's balanced, really.

Motor Wars, the closest we currently have to Battle Royale, has serious balancing issues: Dune FAVs, Weaponized Tampas and Technicals are useless; both the Half-Track and Insurgent take too long to be destroyed; the Half-Track can carry the Antiaircraft Trailer but the Insurgent can't; you get shot out of your vehicle too easily in Auto Aim, etc.

Big Molio

Yes, because like other adversary modes, you wouldn’t be obliged to play it, so why not?

PetrolCB

I’d rather have a Royal Rumble mode. 

Curtis

Verbal Soze

Yes but only if it's like survival and we are killing enemies like merryweathers or some other NPCs, imagine you start with nothing hiding and doing stealth takedowns against enemies that has various weapons, plus it can act as a shooting training mode with real enemies, 5 players against npcs that's great, but if it's PvP based then f*ck it, that's not good

No Use For A Name

I have nothing against Fortnite itself. Played it once, didn’t appeal to me and the graphics looked like something from a children’s cartoon. PUBG looks really cool and I’d definitely play it if it was on PS4. 

The only problem I have with Fortnite isn’t the game itself, but the players. I’ve gotten maybe 10 total invites to GTA while I’m playing other games, yet I get 10 Fortnite invites every hour, many spammed one after the other...and I don’t even own the game. Makes me think the player base is either rude or mildly retarded.

My main issue with this is games start to lose their soul and identity when all they do is copy other games. Successful companies are leaders and innovators, not followers. If every game is gonna use the same general gameplay template with the only difference being graphics, they better start slashing prices. That’s why I stopped playing CoD garbage; every game is exactly the same

Sanches

Na. GTA combat system was fun for single player experience only. Common sence + my own experience: SAMP/MTA - glitchy, GTAO - worst.

Shaundi.

If this ever happens, God forbid, I hope someone goes full Marvin Heemeyer on Take-Two's office.

Coleco
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, No Use For A Name said:

My main issue with this is games start to lose their soul and identity when all they do is copy other games. Successful companies are leaders and innovators, not followers. If every game is gonna use the same general gameplay template with the only difference being graphics, they better start slashing prices. That’s why I stopped playing CoD garbage; every game is exactly the same

I totally agree. If I want to play Fortnite, I'll play Fortnite. But I often don't, so then I play GTAO, or Sonic Mania, or Elite: Dangerous, or anything that isn't a Battle Royale game.

That's not to say that there isn't any room for other BR experiences of course, I just feel that games are like movies - choice is good. You engage with what you feel like at that particular time. Plus, the way I see it, GTAO is a different thing entirely - a leader in its genre, no less - and as such doesn't need to stoop to imitating other products in order to increase or maintain popularity.

Edited by Coleco

Voodoo-Hendrix
1 hour ago, No Use For A Name said:

Well, it's not like GTAO itself has lost some of its soul and identity when it jumped the Shark Card with all these weaponized pop culture references and Trackmania races.

GiveMeLiberty78

If done well then perhaps it could feature as a mission? Such as, the protagonist is abducted and must complete one or more rounds to complete a mission. Then that character must escape or other protagonists (if there were multiple ones) could force a rescue mission? Maybe that sounds lame but just an idea!

It could then be a side mission or mini-game but not sure what kind of reception that would get from players. Maybe an Ammunation-style challenge where the player can fight against 'bots' to enhance an ability? It might combine fun with some tangible benefit like increased health, stamina or shooting abilities.

Oh and here is an example of a BR-like mod. Its author states that it is not entirely BR style but similar. My point here is that it is done well in my opinion so perhaps if nothing else, future mods could replicate something similar. (Of course, we don't even have an official title, trailer or release date so this is highly speculative and hypothetical.)

Quinn_flower

fk no

Big Molio
1 hour ago, No Use For A Name said:

GTA wouldn't lose its identity offering a Battle Royale version, because what would happen is that in typical GTA "jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none" style, they would f*ck it up.

Just like their racing, deathmatch and other game modes are inferior versions of their rivals who concentrate solely on individual themes. 

GTA's hook is that it wraps all these elements up into a great whole package, but some of their individual elements are mediocre at best.

DomoTheRussian

Ty, please. GTA isn't the series that do chasing trends (Hello call of duty?). 

For the love of god, keep this BR sh*t out of GTA. It just won't fit and won't work in a "Criminal Life" setting. We have other games that do that and they seems to do good enough for the consumer. 

PaeganLoveSong
3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I’d rather have a Royal Rumble mode. 

Honestly, with an improved melee system? I'd dig it. 

To answer OP, yes. More variety means a lower likelihood of boredom. So long as it wasn't a freeroam event anyway. 

deadx23
3 hours ago, ryannata said:

Yes but only if it's like survival and we are killing enemies like merryweathers or some other NPCs, imagine you start with nothing hiding and doing stealth takedowns against enemies that has various weapons, plus it can act as a shooting training mode with real enemies, 5 players against npcs that's great, but if it's PvP based then f*ck it, that's not good

For a minute I thought your forum avatar was a penis :lol: (I'm on mobile)

Verbal Soze
24 minutes ago, deadx23 said:

For a minute I thought your forum avatar was a penis :lol: (I'm on mobile)

Lol it's from silicon valley tv show right there, but yeah it's kinda awkward tho 🤣

D9fred95

Should it? No

Will it? Probably.

ProKiller93

f*ck outta here with that overused crap

there is one in MTA though and its better than fortnite, pubg etc.

Crossbones

No, No, No.

Lioshenka

No, because I don't know what it is, and the unknown "enhancements" scare me. I'd just like a game one can enjoy, thanks.

bigraj
Posted (edited)

Only if it's a separate game mode.  I've got no interest in it, but that's the case with most of the PvP modes already in the game.  Why not have it for those that want it? 

And bring back bowling, give us at least one full golf course, maybe a simple 2v2 or 3v3 basketball "activity."  Now that they don't have to develop for PS3/360, there should be much more they could do for the next game.  Especially if GTA VI doesn't come out until the PS5/Xbox 8000 are in homes.

Edited by bigraj