Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,301 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Frantz Fuchs

HITMAN™ 2

Daz

Even though I loved the latest one, (not as much as the originals, but still) this was after all of the maps were out, so I really dislike the episodic method. It might work if there are more maps upon release (as mentioned), hopefully that should give enough time for them to release the other maps, but even then they need to be f*cking fast on that. I am expecting 2 or 3 months after release, otherwise my interest will diminish and I will just put the game down.
 I don't think I could have ever kept engaged with the game while waiting for all the DLC. I got it I think just before the last map came out and I was still playing through the first 2 levels before even getting that far so I don't know if I will buy it upon release without a big reason to.

I also hate paying for content up front before even seeing it. I made the mistake with Fallout 4 and there were only 2/5 of the DLC's that were even worth the money. So I am a bit skeptical, I also don't understand why they couldn't just add these maps as a "season 2" or whatever for the existing game. I guess they have made improvements to the game but I can't see how this can be that different to the current title.

Just a cash grab it feels like. After having to wait so long for the content in the first, to then be sold the same bullsh*t, I would much rather they just delay it further and release multiple maps at once then steadily trickle them out. But I am not waiting 4-5+ months for the next piece.

Gremlin Sombra

Apparently, in a live stream they confirmed this one will not be divided up into episodes.  Pretty neat but I'm still gonna wait for another game of the year version.

Can't help to not do so when a game announces DLC before the game is even out.

Matrelith
17 hours ago, Daz said:

Even though I loved the latest one, (not as much as the originals, but still) this was after all of the maps were out, so I really dislike the episodic method. It might work if there are more maps upon release (as mentioned), hopefully that should give enough time for them to release the other maps, but even then they need to be f*cking fast on that. I am expecting 2 or 3 months after release, otherwise my interest will diminish and I will just put the game down.
 I don't think I could have ever kept engaged with the game while waiting for all the DLC. I got it I think just before the last map came out and I was still playing through the first 2 levels before even getting that far so I don't know if I will buy it upon release without a big reason to.

I also hate paying for content up front before even seeing it. I made the mistake with Fallout 4 and there were only 2/5 of the DLC's that were even worth the money. So I am a bit skeptical, I also don't understand why they couldn't just add these maps as a "season 2" or whatever for the existing game. I guess they have made improvements to the game but I can't see how this can be that different to the current title.

Just a cash grab it feels like. After having to wait so long for the content in the first, to then be sold the same bullsh*t, I would much rather they just delay it further and release multiple maps at once then steadily trickle them out. But I am not waiting 4-5+ months for the next piece.

As mentioned above, Hitman 2 will be released as a full package. They don't do the episodic release anymore.

Daz

Thats good to hear.

Is there a concrete level list yet?

I only see 3 on the other page, there better be enough.

I would actually go far as to say I don't need the levels THAT big, but have at least 8 or so. It would be also nice to get a proper plot and story again like the original games. That tone really lacked from the latest one. I miss that creepy atmosphere.

I am down for buying if all the content is there. I would like better weapons though, I didn't like that practically all the guns did not actually have real world counterparts. I would also like some form of customization back from blood money, I loved unlocking items so I would be down for that. I did really like the system of finding weapons and exiting the map with them to unlock them in previous titles. But if I can just do some escalations or tasks for them I would be happy with that. Just more rewards for doing things would be nice.

I know asking for Co-op would be too much but I still would love to see a hitman game where you could have some random other clone help you cause distractions and help you through the level. Co-op assassinations, smuggling stuff through the map for you and handing it to you through a fence. Even if you were just a random disguised NPC that couldnt change outfits just to add an extra layer to challenges.

Matrelith
Posted (edited)

Yeah, there are two concrete levels so far. The first is the racing track in Miami, where you have to assassinate a driver who is competing in the race and a businessman who owns the racing team and is unveiling a new prototype at the racing track behind closed doors. 

The second level is featured in the Sniper Assassin pre-order bonus. You can play it solo as 47 or co-op as Knight and Stone. Co-op has the benefit that each player has unique ammo (shock ammo, wall-piercing ammo, etc) which can be helpful in situations. Playing with another player also has the benefit that if you both take a shot at a target, the body can move further away (to push it over an edge for instance) or to take down two targets who are close together. It is of yet unclear if the chateau level will be in the main game. Personally I don't think so, as Hitman: Absolution had a similar pre-order bonus with a level that was independent of the main game.

The rest of the levels is yet unclear. There is supposedly a level taking place in a rain forest, but as of yet there's no footage of it. There are rumors that Hitman 2 will have six levels as well, just like Hitman 2016 had. On top of that the Silver/Gold editions will have 1 and 2 bonus levels respectively. Whether those are full fledged levels or more like the bonus levels from Hitman 2016 (like The Icon and Landslide) is as of yet unclear. While six levels doesn't sound like a lot, if they have the same scope, freedom and replayability as the levels from Hitman 2016, I can live with that.

Edited by Matrelith

Daz

I wouldn't class that "sniper challenge" portion as part of the game, as the previous titles had them as standalone. Quite interesting that it is co-op. I would jizz in my pants if the full game was co-op. I honestly can't stand the sniper challenge standalone sh*t and it basically has f*ck all to do with hitman other than just to be marketing to keep you busy until the full release, similar to Fallout shelter to Fallout 4.

I am excited for the game if we actually get a decent amount of levels to start with. The gameplay below looks great so far. I just hope they expand some features and add new ones to have more "Hitman" type situations. More hidden and undetectable weapons and items. More outfits. Smarter AI and design for items that can be carried with certain outfits, etc.

The Miami map looks gorgeous. I hope the other maps are also in unique events and locations. A couple got a bit samey on the previous game. I like the idea of having a particular theme for each map to explain having large crowds. Why not even an E3 type map? That would be interesting.

AJ gameplay:

RARusk

Blood Money had something similar. If you knock out somebody in a room that had a mirror in it then that person becomes a witness even though that person is out for the remainder of that level (Professional difficulty only).

AiraCobra
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, NeonDolphin said:

Hitman 2.......When will they stop with this stupid confusing naming? It should be Hitman 7.

Well in there defense there was never a version called Hitman or Hitman 2 they all had code names behind them the 2016 release was the first time they ever used just Hitman as the title

Hitman: Codename 47 (2000)
Hitman:: Silent Assassin (2002)
Hitman: Contracts (2004)
Hitman: Blood Money (2006)
Hitman Trilogy (2007)
Hitman: Absolution (2012)
Hitman Go (2014)
Hitman: Sniper (2015)
Hitman (2016)
Hitman 2 (2018)

I was lucky enough with Hitman to be selected for part of the private Beta Part A & B were release where only a few hundred people to try and break the game and spot any bugs I wouldn't mind getting to do that again

Did anybody else think the thumbnail from the youtube video Daz posted looks like a ball sack seam if you scroll right pass it without really looking at it? Cause I did

Edited by AiraCobra

RARusk

Silent Assassin was indeed called Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

Audi
Posted (edited)

This ^

header.jpg

Edited by Audi

AiraCobra

Even so as I said none of them have every been officially just called Hitman they all have had extensive titles Hitman: Codename 47 & Hitman 2: Silent Assassin