HITMAN™ 2

Frantz Fuchs
Posted (edited)

xnNbTM8.jpg

e4cedb6e9d1a1e2e440b49ffd7b142f71c2d2b55.jpeg

Edited by Frantz Fuchs

Laker23

Hyped for this.

Season 1 was fantastic with a ridiculous amount of replay value. 

Stormingz
Posted (edited)

I love Hitman, but I’m still torn with this episodic release. Granted, it gives devs more time to work on each map, giving it more depth and replay value, but I’d much rather pay full price for a game and get all the content (except dlc) but I missed out on the last Hitman title because of this, only reason I played a few missions on the previous Hitman game, is because Xbox gave away the Spain mission for free, which blew me away I must say.

I hated the “next time on Hitman” bullsh*t, like what the f*ck, I have to wait weeks if not months to play the next mission? f*ck that.

Edited by Stormingz
Had more to say

SouthLand

Season 1 was a blast.

Had a lot of fun doing the Missions in Sapienza, The Thailand hotel was very well made and Hokkaido clinic was also very well made. 

Stormingz
Posted (edited)

Like I said, the Spain mission was brilliant, took me back to the days of Hitman Silent Assassin and Blood Money, it’s pretty much everything I want in a Hitman game, everything but these sh*tty arse episodic releases.

I’d rather pay full price for a Hitman game with 8+ good detailed missions like the Spain one (sorry I don’t know the official name of the mission) and pay for DLC missions in the future.

Edited by Stormingz

Frantz Fuchs
26 minutes ago, Stormingz said:

I love Hitman, but I’m still torn with this episodic release. Granted, it gives devs more time to work on each map, giving it more depth and replay value, but I’d much rather pay full price for a game and get all the content (except dlc) but I missed out on the last Hitman title because of this, only reason I played a few missions on the previous Hitman game, is because Xbox gave away the Spain mission for free, which blew me away I must say.

I hated the “next time on Hitman” bullsh*t, like what the f*ck, I have to wait weeks if not months to play the next mission? f*ck that.

The whole first season is like £15, I'd recommend it.

Typhus

We need another level in England. Beldingford Manor in Contracts was one of the highlights of the whole series.

NeonDolphin
Posted (edited)

Hitman 2.......When will they stop with this stupid confusing naming? It should be Hitman 7.

Edited by NeonDolphin

Pepperjack

Oh man oh man Hitman Trademarked 2!

SouthLand

My choice for the locations:

1. Hong Kong - High density, Skyscrapers and billboards in Chinese all over the street (Like in Sleeping Dogs)

2. Barcelona - Just because i am from there and it's a decent city :)

3. Russia - Either if it's a military base, a flashy city like Moscow or some place in the Caucasus

4. Pyongyang - Because why not. Infiltrate there and assassinate some guy who sells arms to the North Koreans. 

And the rest are up to you

Stormingz
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Frantz Fuchs said:

The whole first season is like £15, I'd recommend it.

For £15, hell yeah I’ll buy it with a smile on my face now, but my problem still stands with this new Hitman as long as it stays an episodic release, don’t get me wrong, I’m still open minded about it and a Hitman game is better than none, but I just wish it didn’t have to be like this.

Just out of curiosity, how many episodes or “missions” were there in season 1?

Edited by Stormingz

Typhus
27 minutes ago, SouthLand said:

1. Hong Kong - High density, Skyscrapers and billboards in Chinese all over the street (Like in Sleeping Dogs)

3. Russia - Either if it's a military base, a flashy city like Moscow or some place in the Caucasus

4. Pyongyang - Because why not. Infiltrate there and assassinate some guy who sells arms to the North Koreans. 

The German Reichstag and Vatican City would be two of my main picks. Hitman always had this wonderful European feel to it, which really disappeared after Contracts, so I'd like to see that kind of aesthetic return. Maybe even a mission set in Ukraine? I'd certainly like it if the game had more missions tying into current global tensions.

SouthLand

^ Yes please. A mission at night at Vatican City where you have to sneak out and join an exclusive party only for VIP and others. 

It would also be cool if there was a Financial Center like i don't know, London's City perhaps? Where you have to sneak into an office and kill some Businessman.

Frantz Fuchs
2 hours ago, Stormingz said:

For £15, hell yeah I’ll buy it with a smile on my face now, but my problem still stands with this new Hitman as long as it stays an episodic release, don’t get me wrong, I’m still open minded about it and a Hitman game is better than none, but I just wish it didn’t have to be like this.

Just out of curiosity, how many episodes or “missions” were there in season 1?

6 levels, but multiple missions.

2 hours ago, SouthLand said:

Not feeling Barcelona, HK & Russia definitely, the classic Silent Assassin/Contracts locations. 

Japan, China, India, Middle East, Russia etc. All classic locations for a Hitman game.

Typhus

I don't know, I think Barcelona might be pretty interesting. They've got some amazing architecture:

skip_the_line_la_sagrada_familia_sightse

SouthLand

^ Yeah i though about and naah. Barcelona is nice but it wouldn't fit the narrative just like @Frantz Fuchs said. Unless you have to infiltrate one of those "jet set" private parties in the roof f a building like this:

e454d3f576_IMG-2709.jpg

terraza-hotel-barcelona.jpg

A place that would however fit the narrative is a town not far from Barcelona (1h drive north) called Tossa de Mar. It' has that same Sapienza beauty. What do you think:

vacaciones-en-tossa-mar-4.jpg[/img]

una-passejada-per-tossa-de-mar.jpg[/img]

Journey_95

S1 was one of my favourite games in the past few years. I think the episodic release style fits Hitman very well and encourages you to replay the levels again (which is good considering how many different opportunities there are). 

I hope for a bit more story in S2 and even bigger levels.

Audi
Posted (edited)

Hmm hope it's actually the long awaited Season 2 for Hitman 2016 and not a bunch of "super special" E.T.'s lmao

Edited by Audi
Audi can't spell today

RARusk

While I am excited for S2 I probably won't get this unless they remove the Online DRM from S1. I don't want to support this kind of DRM any more than I already have. If they remove it for S1 (meaning that I can get a score at the end of a mission regardless of whether or not I am connected to the net) then I will play around with S2. However, even if I do move onto S2, I definitely won't do a text guide for it if it is structured the same way as S1. It took me over two years to complete my GameFAQs guide for this game and it clocked in at around 2.5MB (for reference it took me seven months to do my GTAV guide and it came in at around 1MB). That's too much, even for an experienced writer like me - and I did guides for all the other Hitman games too, even Absolution. But, with IOI going independent and working with WB, we'll see how different (if there are any changes at all) things go. Too bad they couldn't keep the Mini Ninjas property when they divorced from Squeenix - would've liked to see a sequel as I thought it was nice departure from their Hitman stuff.

Money Over Bullshit

It should be Hitman: 2 or even Hitman: Season 2 at least.

RARusk

It will probably called Hitman: Season Two.

Frantz Fuchs

Bump for reveal.

Matrelith
Posted (edited)

Releases November 13 for PS4, Xbox One, PC

Not episodic. Hitman 2 is the whole package.

Three editions: Standard, Silver (includes Sniper Assassin, Expansion 1 and Executive Pack), Gold (same bonuses plus Expansion 2 and Early Access)

If you pre-order, you can play Sniper Assassin right away.

Sniper Assassin

- Online co-op multiplayer (Agent 47 is assisted by Agent Stone and Agent Knight)

- Levels appear to play similarly to The Vector from Patient Zero

Levels include:

- Miami (set during a major car race)

- Chateau in the mountains (set during a wedding - might be Sniper Assassin-exclusive)

- Rainforest

New weapons

- Marble bust

- Dead fish

- Tape measure

- Defibrillator

- Muffin

The briefcase is back!

Edited by Matrelith

Silent
2 minutes ago, Matrelith said:

Three editions: Standard, Silver (includes Sniper Assassin and Executive Pack), Gold (same bonuses plus Early Access)

Doesn't Gold Edition also give Expansion 2, whatever that is?

Matrelith
Posted (edited)

Forgot to add those. They also didn't really go into what the expansions and executive packs will contain during the stream. 

also; 

Edited by Matrelith

SouthLand

I bet i am going to fail miserably trying to snipe the racecar driver lol

Laker23

Looking good. Hope to see some game play soon.

ProKiller93

there are two hitman 2's now

Daz

Even though I loved the latest one, (not as much as the originals, but still) this was after all of the maps were out, so I really dislike the episodic method. It might work if there are more maps upon release (as mentioned), hopefully that should give enough time for them to release the other maps, but even then they need to be f*cking fast on that. I am expecting 2 or 3 months after release, otherwise my interest will diminish and I will just put the game down.
 I don't think I could have ever kept engaged with the game while waiting for all the DLC. I got it I think just before the last map came out and I was still playing through the first 2 levels before even getting that far so I don't know if I will buy it upon release without a big reason to.

I also hate paying for content up front before even seeing it. I made the mistake with Fallout 4 and there were only 2/5 of the DLC's that were even worth the money. So I am a bit skeptical, I also don't understand why they couldn't just add these maps as a "season 2" or whatever for the existing game. I guess they have made improvements to the game but I can't see how this can be that different to the current title.

Just a cash grab it feels like. After having to wait so long for the content in the first, to then be sold the same bullsh*t, I would much rather they just delay it further and release multiple maps at once then steadily trickle them out. But I am not waiting 4-5+ months for the next piece.

Gremlin Sombra

Apparently, in a live stream they confirmed this one will not be divided up into episodes.  Pretty neat but I'm still gonna wait for another game of the year version.

Can't help to not do so when a game announces DLC before the game is even out.