2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SherifWayne

Eating Food Confirmed

SherifWayne

It has been confirmed today that we will eat food in RDR2. "This in-game cash bonus will give Arthur Morgan enough to buy a weapon, some food, a handful of useful items...." Health won't regen automatically (At least not entirely) "The Outlaw Survival Kit contains a collection of key supplies for enduring the rigors of life on the frontier, including items to replenish health.. " I was very dissapointed we couldn't eat food in RDR and GTAV, it builds immersion. I am very happy food will be edible again at least in some form. Thoughts?

pjw

I agree, being able to eat food is another detail that adds to the immersion. If we can indeed eat food in the game that will be great, I'm not sure we can say we have confirmation of this yet though. It's certainly looking likely.

slohbur

You could eat snacks in GTA V and vittles in RDR, so nothing new.

I'm sure it won't differ from the current RDR system of food being accessible via the inventory only.

I would like an eating animation tho. Can't recall if RDR had one. 🤔

VolumeRX
4 hours ago, slohbur said:

You could eat snacks in GTA V and vittles in RDR, so nothing new.

I'm sure it won't differ from the current RDR system of food being accessible via the inventory only.

I would like an eating animation tho. Can't recall if RDR had one. 🤔

Yea just like GTA SA but obviously more detailed and not the air chomping :)

KY Jello

My Arthur is going to eat the dead animals he kills raw.

Capt.Bojangles

i'm gonna be the kinda guy that has unkempt beard and hair that carries rotting animals on the back of his horse that trots into town and mumbles about the want of coffee
and give everyone the stink eye. 

Thor Shreddington

I'm one of those weirdos who absolutely loves realism and immersion in games. I'd love to see some sort of Hardcore/Survival mode, where you have to eat, drink, sleep, and getting shot really hurts...

gonnaenodaethat

If eating food is confirmed then it follows through (literally) that pooping will be confirmed would it not otherwise the immersion and realism will be ruined for me and countless millions of other players?

Also I assume they ( yes I mean you Mr. Muscles ) will be charging for the toilet paper with the R* Buckeroos currency - if this happens then humanity should automatically cease to exist as the mere notion of paying for virtual poop paper with virtual currency paid for by real life cash will be too absurd to imagine.

Take this scenario for example:

Pal 1:    Are ye coming oot tae the pub tanite?

Pal 2:    Cannae I've spent all ma wages.

Pal 1:    But you just got paid! What have you been buying?

Pal 2:    Virtual bog roll for ma virtual cowboy

Pal 1:    Whit?

Pal 2:     Aye Uncle made his special beans for aw the gang and ma pair wee cowboys bahookie was going full pelt aw night.

Pal 1:     You've lost it mate - you need to get help.

Personally I will not be spending a penny on the poop roll as my thoughts on the pretendy money are well known and anywaysa 

Spoiler

a good sized dock leaf or one of my wanted posters will suffice as a free alternative

Then again I should know if this is a thing shouldn't I? 🤐

Thor Shreddington

Funny though, how many westerns have major scenes that end up in or around the outhouse. True Grit(the new one), Unforgiven, there are several...

PvTails

I hope there's no hunger system in place. Just for health replenishment.

SherifWayne
11 hours ago, gonnaenodaethat said:

If eating food is confirmed then it follows through (literally) that pooping will be confirmed would it not otherwise the immersion and realism will be ruined for me and countless millions of other players?

Also I assume they ( yes I mean you Mr. Muscles ) will be charging for the toilet paper with the R* Buckeroos currency - if this happens then humanity should automatically cease to exist as the mere notion of paying for virtual poop paper with virtual currency paid for by real life cash will be too absurd to imagine.

Take this scenario for example:

Pal 1:    Are ye coming oot tae the pub tanite?

Pal 2:    Cannae I've spent all ma wages.

Pal 1:    But you just got paid! What have you been buying?

Pal 2:    Virtual bog roll for ma virtual cowboy

Pal 1:    Whit?

Pal 2:     Aye Uncle made his special beans for aw the gang and ma pair wee cowboys bahookie was going full pelt aw night.

Pal 1:     You've lost it mate - you need to get help.

Personally I will not be spending a penny on the poop roll as my thoughts on the pretendy money are well known and anywaysa 

Reveal hidden contents

a good sized dock leaf or one of my wanted posters will suffice as a free alternative

Then again I should know if this is a thing shouldn't I? 🤐

Thats it... The greatest sh*tpost I'll ever read. You put the sh*t in sh*tpost my friend.

DexMacLeod

This was never really in question was it? We've been able to eat since San Andreas.

Xiled

I remember the previews for gta san andreas on gtaforums and some people were mad that we had to eat food and how it would be "annoying and ruin immersion" 

Capt.Bojangles

I was thinking eating might work as medicine did in the first game as a health buff though like you'd heal maybe gradually over time instead of instantly idk alot is left to discover that's why I love venturing into the unknown with these games.

Miamivicecity
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, Xiled said:

I remember the previews for gta san andreas on gtaforums and some people were mad that we had to eat food and how it would be "annoying and ruin immersion" 

It is when you're out in the middle of nowhere and CJ gets hungry all of a sudden then you have to feed him like a f*cking Sim. GTA IV and GTA V have the right idea where eating food is only for regaining health without some half assed hunger system attached.

It'll be interesting to see how far this goes and if hunting is incorporated somehow to it. In RDR I always found hunting lacked beyond just selling the dead animals for money. I could see how hunting could be used to obtain sources for food.

LeonVegaSuarez

Hunting could also be used to obtain animal parts to craft (or have some kinda vendor craft it) saddles, holsters or clothing parts.

gonnaenodaethat
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, SherifWayne said:

Thats it... The greatest sh*tpost I'll ever read. You put the sh*t in sh*tpost my friend.

😤

AGNT009

Very possible eating is a gimmick to lengthen the game. Instead of plowing through the story, and ignoring all the side stuff, like Im doing now to replay RDR1, you'll be slowed down inbetween story progressing missions to stop and hunt to provide for your belly and the bellies of your gang. If hunger is something that cant totally be ignored, it could add several fluff hours of gameplay to the story length.

If food is a thing online, I hope to have a great cattle business going, providing the best cuts of beef in the region.   

GenericGTAO

If "hunger" is part of this game in anyway, I will consider it a huge negative.  Health boosts are fine, but survival games including hunger problems can suck it.  They aren't for me and would be such a huge shift from the previous game, I would consider never even playing the game. 

RD2Head87
On 6/14/2018 at 6:26 PM, GenericGTAO said:

If "hunger" is part of this game in anyway, I will consider it a huge negative.  Health boosts are fine, but survival games including hunger problems can suck it.  They aren't for me and would be such a huge shift from the previous game, I would consider never even playing the game. 

I know this is a pretty old post, but I agree, I want eating for health boosts purposes rather than to stay alive altogether, that would suck, would just slow us all down.

The FoolYT

Well if this game has a hardcore mode, hunger could be a feature? ( Like being hungry wouldn't necessarily kill you, just grant debuffs like decreased maximum health or decreased maximum Deadeye etc.... )

Dobleh

Eating is nothing new in GTA and RDR game. What I want is new animations showing Arthur eating/drinking. Also a wide variety of food/beverage to consume would be appreciated. I hope Pearson can cook many dishes not just one type.

Edited by Dobleh

BretMaverick777
5 hours ago, Dobleh said:

Eating is nothing new in GTA and RDR game. What I want is new animations showing Arthur eating/drinking. Also a wide variety of food/beverage to consume would be appreciated. I hope Pearson can cook many dishes not just one type.

tbh, I hope, and believe, that Pearson will collect recipes over the course of the game, and the quest for ingredients will become one of Arthur's collectible campaigns.  And I hope those recipes are for fairly authentic dishes based on a wide variety of regional tastes....everything from Cajun cooking in the bayou, French haute cuisine in St. Denis, Southern fried cookin' in Rhodes, Tex-Mex plates in New Austin, etc.  

Johnny Spaz

If Arthur can't get fat I will be disappointed

Ojo muerto

Oh man i can´t wait to get some Dead Eye Tacos at Cinco Torres 

CryptReaperDorian

Arthur better be able to eat some of that realistic steak I've heard so much about over the years.