Yes or No?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Shall I buy the collectors box?

• Yes.
    • No.

LMB
Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

so I was thinking buying the RDR2 Collectors Box for 100€. Hell, I don't even own a console. I really don't know if I should get it or not, any help?

Thanks y'all!

Edited by slohbur

TheLordMarvel

If you have the money, then yes, I say go for it. Since you don't get the game with it, not having a console works for you son.

Ash_735

Let's be honest, it's about £30-40 worth of stuff in a £100 package, no it's not worth it, but if you want it, get it, just remember that it doesn't include the actual game so that's another £60 to throw out for when you do decide to buy it.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I just see it as a bunch of trinkets really. None of the stuff included really impacts your gameplay experience so it's not worth it in my eyes.

Jason

It's missing a centrepiece to be worth what they're charging IMO, it needs like a statue or something, there's a cool assortment of trinkets in it but with just them, eh, I'm not convinced it's worth £90.

Pepperjack
1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

Let's be honest, it's about £30-40 worth of stuff in a £100 package, no it's not worth it, but if you want it, get it, just remember that it doesn't include the actual game so that's another £60 to throw out for when you do decide to buy it.

200 Dollars if you want the ultimate plus the box, which Do, rockstar is getting 200 dollars out of me for one game

UnknownDivision

Just get special edition. I would say ultimate edition but you guys know fully well that a couple months after the games out, the exclusive sh*t they included isnt gonna matter at all in online. So you'd pretty much be spending an extra 20 dollars for nothing.

Am Shaegar

If any edition is actually worth purchasing then it is the collectors edition simply because it doesn't affect the game in any way, but offers nice set of various physical goodies beautifully packaged in a box. I love buying such collectible items for the games, the standard deck of playing cards is very useful to me. 

But the problem is the price and the lack of the actual game in the package. 

Its not worth spending around 100$ for the edition if it doesn't include the game inside the box.

That metal box is so beautiful 😍.

But not going to pay for that alone.

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)

Uh... if you like that stuff...

I'd end up losing everything and breaking the box

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Sinornithosaurus
Posted (edited)

It just seems pretty steep to me. If it went the same as EA's recent collectors editions that came without a game, I'd wait for a month after launch and then purchase it really cheap, but demand seems insanely high for these things. The cards and paper products aren't really all that great, but the coin and bandana is what I'd be in for. If you've got a lot of money to spare and really want it, I'd say go for it, but it's only the coin and the game I'm interested in and I really don't see myself shelling out 220 Australian dollars for it :(

Hopefully they put out a collectors edition with a game bundled, then I'd be happy to pay.

Edited by Sinornithosaurus
correction

gonnaenodaethat

I've seen better value Loot Crates and that's saying something 

Spoiler

😜

O.Z

NO. Without the game, its useless

Dr.Rosenthal
17 hours ago, Jason said:

It's missing a centrepiece to be worth what they're charging IMO, it needs like a statue or something, there's a cool assortment of trinkets in it but with just them, eh, I'm not convinced it's worth £90.

I'm not going to buy the Collector's Box myself, I'm not too into collectibles like these. Having said that though, in my own opinion the "Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalogue" was what caught my eye: "This complete 150-page book is a replica of the edition found in stores throughout Red Dead Redemption 2."

Sounds pretty damn cool to me and would be worth more than a statue. But to each their own, of course!

Ayesha

I am definitely buying it, it's a limited edition. They have made a few thousands of these, compare that to the 20 million (excluding PC) game units they'll sell. In 10 years the box will be an antique.

Ash_735
4 hours ago, Ayesha said:

I am definitely buying it, it's a limited edition. They have made a few thousands of these, compare that to the 20 million (excluding PC) game units they'll sell. In 10 years the box will be an antique.

If you're expecting to hold onto it to sell it later at an increased price, bad news, these will usually tumble in price for the first decade.

Jimmy

TBH it's not worth all the money. To put it more simply it's for people are: die hard fan >> regular RDR2 player or casual user. If you've been following up all the hype since last two years and want something memorable from the same maybe, get it. If not, there's not much of a reason that I see.

Ayesha
8 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

If you're expecting to hold onto it to sell it later at an increased price, bad news, these will usually tumble in price for the first decade.

No, I am not planning on selling it later because It would be very dear to me. I probably won't even open the playing cards, just touch them every once in a while.

BUT THE BENZ

I buy and consume....but I don't collect. never understood what people do it for?! to show off? to remember something special? to pass it onto their children?

Ayesha
16 hours ago, BUT THE BENZ said:

I buy and consume....but I don't collect. never understood what people do it for?! to show off? to remember something special? to pass it onto their children?

Clearly you have never known the true value of Pokemon cards.

BUT THE BENZ

I guess I don't. I understand that if you have a ´good-looking blueray box of the wire or whatever you can put that on a shelf or something. a cool steel case for a game you frequently play/use is okay aswell...and if there's a poster of cover-art I really digg I might hang that on  a wall somewhere, but the rest is just not necessary to me.

Black Chamber

Maybe it's just me, but I'm excited to put my RDRII UE steelbook in my Collector's Box, so that I can pretend it came with it lol!

Ash_735
On 6/7/2018 at 10:43 PM, Black Chamber said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm excited to put my RDRII UE steelbook in my Collector's Box, so that I can pretend it came with it lol!

And I'm sure Rockstar is excited that you're throwing that much money down for a product that SHOULD come with the game anyway. 😛 :D

Michael Griffith

Personally if you’re not a big red dead fan I wouldn’t get it. I’m getting it even though I know it’s a lot of money combined with the special edition of the game. October will be an expensive month for sure. 

Algonquin Assassin

It'd be great value if it came with the game, but it's basically the same price (over here anyway) as the GTA IV special edition was that came with GTA IV and the physical content. Seems really steep for what it is. Under $100 I'd buy it, but not for over $150 then you have to get the game on top of that. 

Oussama2018

I'm disappointed with the collectors box. Nothing in it interests me. I was hoping for a cowboy hat and a replica gun and bandolier.

gonnaenodaethat
9 hours ago, Oussama2018 said:

I'm disappointed with the collectors box. Nothing in it interests me. I was hoping for a cowboy hat and a replica gun and bandolier.

The Benz would've made that happen 😃

Cozzi

I think I just want that book more than anything. lol

VolumeRX

Not f*cking worth it money-wise, Other companies do alot more for less money for Collector's and Game together. Ubisoft gives alot, they give the Gold Edition of the game with all the contents, a Statue, Artbook, Soundtrack disc, lithographs and more, for 120$. the collector's box for 100$ is a f*cking joke.

LMB
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Oussama2018 said:

Yup, a replica gun sure would have been dope as hell! 😃

Edited by LMB

Cutter De Blanc

I'm sure the anti-gun people would have a field day with that.

Plus, replica guns are still pretty expensive. Like "half the price of the collector's box" expensive, at least.