2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Quinn_flower

RDR2 Pre-Order Bonuses + Collector's Box

Michael Griffith

I pre ordered mine from GAME (UK) got the special edition and collectors box. The online stuff that came with the ultimate edition didn’t appeal to me.  

Blackous666
Posted (edited)

Ultimate with collecotrs box preordered 😛

Edited by Blackous666

BUT THE BENZ

I will try to ramp up my stamina bar and walk into a store, then buy whatever is on the shelves.

how about that? what will I end up with?

Dr.Rosenthal

Well I went ahead and pre-ordered the Special Edition on PS Store last night. It’s the first R* game that I’ll get as a digital download, but then I’ve realized I’ve preferred digital downloads with all other games (The Witcher, Fallout4 etc) the last few years... Part of me will miss the physical map, but that’s mostly just nostalgia anyway.

I’m a little worried that the gameplay experience will feel too easy because of the boosts/vendor discounts and all, but then i guess I can tweak it my own way to make up for it and make it more difficult for myself.

I’m SO glad that nothing except time (139 days now) is holding me back from playing this game now!

Mr. Morgan

I'm getting increasingly tired of the clickbait-y Youtube videos regarding the RDR2 pre-order bonuses that have popped up after the special edition/s announcement. "HRRBHURR VITAL STORY MISSIONS LOCKED BEHIND PAYWALL || COCKSTAR GAMES AT IT AGAIN" 

All this over two (most likely) insignificant side-missions that people are twisting into their false narrative. I mean, sh*t. Solomon's Folly was, and still is if you never (re)purchased the GOTY edition, a PS3-exclusive and XBOX players did not in any way suffer from not having it in the game. It was just a fun, little side-activity that had no effect on the story at all. Red Dead Redemption also had the Deadly Assassin outfit, the War Horse, the golden weapons and so on and so forth. Pre-order bonuses are just that, bonuses. The better the bonuses, the more likely it is for people to pre-order. That's what companies want. Pre-order bonuses like these have been around for a long time, but now it's suddenly something we should be sh*tting our pants over? What gives?

To clarify, I'm not frustrated about people voicing their legitimate concerns over the pricing or the level up boosts, or whatever else they might feel isn't up to their standards. But the spreading of blatant misinformation all over social media is getting tiring to say the least. We'll all be playing the damn game later this year anyway, I know virtue signalling when I see it. 

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mr. Morgan said:

Pre-order bonuses like these have been around for a long time, but now it's suddenly something we should be sh*tting our pants over? What gives?

This isn't the first time people complain about pre-order bonuses. They've always been sh*tty. But they won't go away as long as people keep pre-ordering.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Reno_
On 6/7/2018 at 2:28 PM, mombo2811 said:

How can you say that it have never affected you? Every update they release for GTA Online is to get players to buy in to the microtransactions.....

Either you have never played GTA Online or you are just bullsh*tting everyone 

Because it has not f*cking affected my experience in the f*cking game. Been playing ever since february 2014 and the game is only getting better. Never cheated, hacked or bought a sharkcard because making cash in that game is the easiest thing I could do. The prices are fine, even getting better now than back in ill gotten gains or finance and felony. You can keep sh*tting on micro's, it's your opinion after all. I'll just keep laughing at it as I have before.

mombo2811
2 hours ago, Reno_ said:

Because it has not f*cking affected my experience in the f*cking game. Been playing ever since february 2014 and the game is only getting better. Never cheated, hacked or bought a sharkcard because making cash in that game is the easiest thing I could do. The prices are fine, even getting better now than back in ill gotten gains or finance and felony. You can keep sh*tting on micro's, it's your opinion after all. I'll just keep laughing at it as I have before.

Keep laughing dude you are just making yourself look stupid trying to defend these anti consumer practices. 

P.T.
Posted (edited)

Well, i for one can not just sit here and say its ok . To lock part of the game ( be real, they made this "extra" mission as part of the game and decided, lets try to use this to squeeze more out of people) behind a paywall of 20$ . I for one realize, once you start purchasing things like this,they then become the norm, but if people in mass dont, they abandon them. Look , anyone who buys the game ,should get the full game at 60$ price. I have no issues with offering skins and none -effecting gameplay items for a higher cost, as long as its all unlockable in the game . No part of the game should be held back from people who buy it. But if you want it sooner, and willing to pay , go for it. However, this sounds like its not the case and the only way to play this bank robbery ( somehow i doubt thats going to be a 5 minute side mission ) then you gotta pay 20$ extra. Its very bad practice for consumers.

I know this is not popular idea, and thats cool with me, dont really care. Because of this , instead of pre-ordering at all . Now i will just wait and buy a used copy from someone after the game has been out in the first week. You can find a copy on ebay usually within first week. Im totally ok with not having it at launch since Rockstar has already delayed it so much its taken some of the hype out of it for me already. I refuse to give them a dime of my money, because doing so says to them " i dont mind if you want to take advantage of people and overcharge them for the full product." Because the fact is , i do mind. Sure my 1 copy wont matter to them, but its about principals here to me. There are some things i refuse to approve of and this is one of them. Sad to see them go this route. Just gives me less confidence in anything they do going forward.

Edited by P.T.

Reno_
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, P.T. said:

Well, i for one can not just sit here and say its ok . To lock part of the game ( be real, they made this "extra" mission as part of the game and decided, lets try to use this to squeeze more out of people) behind a paywall of 20$ . I for one realize, once you start purchasing things like this,they then become the norm, but if people in mass dont, they abandon them. Look , anyone who buys the game ,should get the full game at 60$ price. I have no issues with offering skins and none -effecting gameplay items for a higher cost, as long as its all unlockable in the game . No part of the game should be held back from people who buy it. But if you want it sooner, and willing to pay , go for it. However, this sounds like its not the case and the only way to play this bank robbery ( somehow i doubt thats going to be a 5 minute side mission ) then you gotta pay 20$ extra. Its very bad practice for consumers.

I know this is not popular idea, and thats cool with me, dont really care. Because of this , instead of pre-ordering at all . Now i will just wait and buy a used copy from someone after the game has been out in the first week. You can find a copy on ebay usually within first week. Im totally ok with not having it at launch since Rockstar has already delayed it so much its taken some of the hype out of it for me already. I refuse to give them a dime of my money, because doing so says to them " i dont mind if you want to take advantage of people and overcharge them for the full product." Because the fact is , i do mind. Sure my 1 copy wont matter to them, but its about principals here to me. There are some things i refuse to approve of and this is one of them. Sad to see them go this route. Just gives me less confidence in anything they do going forward.

I can see why people don't like this but why didn't anyone complain abt Solmon's Folly gang hideout exclusive to the ps3 in rdr which was far worse?

Edited by Reno_

P.T.
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

I can see why people don't like this but why didn't anyone complain abt Solmon's Folly gang hideout exclusive to the ps3 in rdr which was far worse?

Because there is a difference in an exclusive to a console ( something the companies work out ) and hiding content behind a paywall. I am not a fan of the exclusive stuff to any one console ( even though i owed a ps3) however, i dont see that as trying to milk someone , where hiding stuff behind a paywall clearly is just that. There is just a difference there. 

Now if it was unlockable, and your just paying 20$ to have it unlocked when you get the game, ok fine. But to just keep it totally hidden basically unless you pay 20$ more, it just wrong to me and many others.

Edited by P.T.

tsto
Posted (edited)

I plan on pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition here in a bit, and I was wondering if anyone can give me insight on how reliable Rockstar themselves are at delivering pre-orders on day of release? On the Rockstar Warehouse it claims "Pre-order now to receive on release date, 10/26/2018" but I have heard somewhere in the past about horror stories of people waiting an extra 3 days to a week for GTA V I believe. Should I just go ahead and pre-order from GameStop? I want the physical version for RDR2, and I want the map and steel book case. I just rather not support GameStop anymore since I've pretty much gone Amazon only in the past year or so. Unfortunately Amazon is stingy with Rockstar titles and you can't pre-order it at the moment. What's your take on this one folks? What is my best option to receive the darn thing on day 1 at the latest? Thanks in advance. Didn't know where else to ask.

Edited by tsto

Reno_
29 minutes ago, P.T. said:

Because there is a difference in an exclusive to a console ( something the companies work out ) and hiding content behind a paywall. I am not a fan of the exclusive stuff to any one console ( even though i owed a ps3) however, i dont see that as trying to milk someone , where hiding stuff behind a paywall clearly is just that. There is just a difference there. 

Now if it was unlockable, and your just paying 20$ to have it unlocked when you get the game, ok fine. But to just keep it totally hidden basically unless you pay 20$ more, it just wrong to me and many others.

I just think people care much more about stuff like this than they did before. I mean stuff like this has been going on for a long time. It problably won't be exclusive forever anyways it'll either be released latr by update, GOTY edition or for pc for either returning players or all pc folk. (Can't wait for the outrage with those). But seriously you are allowed to have your own opinion so sorry for the outburst earlier but saying sharkcards have to affect your game is just not true and dumb. 

DexMacLeod
56 minutes ago, tsto said:

I plan on pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition here in a bit, and I was wondering if anyone can give me insight on how reliable Rockstar themselves are at delivering pre-orders on day of release? On the Rockstar Warehouse it claims "Pre-order now to receive on release date, 10/26/2018" but I have heard somewhere in the past about horror stories of people waiting an extra 3 days to a week for GTA V I believe. Should I just go ahead and pre-order from GameStop? I want the physical version for RDR2, and I want the map and steel book case. I just rather not support GameStop anymore since I've pretty much gone Amazon only in the past year or so. Unfortunately Amazon is stingy with Rockstar titles and you can't pre-order it at the moment. What's your take on this one folks? What is my best option to receive the darn thing on day 1 at the latest? Thanks in advance. Didn't know where else to ask.

I have no experience with this but I'd be nervous about it showing up on time. Not because the place you order from is unreliable but any number of things can go wrong in the delivery process. It's not overly uncommon for something to end up a day or too late with no real explanation as to what held it up.

I maybe worry about those things a little too much. I'm specifically pre-ordering it digitally just to make sure I get it as soon as possible with as little chance of outside forces delaying it as can be.

51 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

I just think people care much more about stuff like this than they did before. I mean stuff like this has been going on for a long time. It problably won't be exclusive forever anyways it'll either be released latr by update, GOTY edition or for pc for either returning players or all pc folk. (Can't wait for the outrage with those).

I think part of it was because it wasn't as common back then. Had we all known it would become so normalised there might have been a bigger fuss over it. Me personally, I don't normally complain about this sort of thing because I normally don't care.

Pre-Order Bonuses, Special Edition Content and DLC is usually filled with stuff that just doesn't appeal to me even a little bit, but with RDR2 I want every piece of it that exists. I just can't justify the outrageous price hike.

57 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

But seriously you are allowed to have your own opinion so sorry for the outburst earlier but saying sharkcards have to affect your game is just not true and dumb. 

I think it's common sense to say sharkcards affect your game. The game is literally designed around it's in-game currency. The simple fact that your ability to earn money is severely limited if you don't play in a public session where other people are specifically encouraged to prevent you from earning money is a direct result of sharkcards. 

tsto
15 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

I have no experience with this but I'd be nervous about it showing up on time. Not because the place you order from is unreliable but any number of things can go wrong in the delivery process. It's not overly uncommon for something to end up a day or too late with no real explanation as to what held it up.

I maybe worry about those things a little too much. I'm specifically pre-ordering it digitally just to make sure I get it as soon as possible with as little chance of outside forces delaying it as can be.

Thank you for your input Dex. I went ahead and pre-ordered from Rockstar Warehouse, hoping that they stand by their word and get it to me on day 1. However, I guess I wouldn't be too upset if it did arrive one day late or so. Just hoping it doesn't become 3 days or more. Don't disappoint me, Rockstar.

tucky99
7 hours ago, tsto said:

Yeah you could be unlucky and it could be late but on the inverse of this i preordered one of their titles and it was delivered like a day early. 

tsto
4 minutes ago, tucky99 said:

Yeah you could be unlucky and it could be late but on the inverse of this i preordered one of their titles and it was delivered like a day early. 

Yes thank you I like to hear things like that! Plus I am giving R* the benefit of the doubt on this one, on the transaction it said "Availability: Pre-order now and receive on day of release, 10/26/2018". Add to that the notion that they most assuredly know how anticipated their game is, how well GTAV sold/sells, and how much demand is out there based on the pre-order amounts. Also since I got my preorder in early... hoping for the best. I won't die if it comes one day late either, I'm a grown man with responsibilities... or so I tell myself, lol.

Amazon stopped offering pre-orders after the first delay.  They're back but for XBOX only.

Wonder what the deal is...

joshua969
32 minutes ago, 1898 said:

Amazon stopped offering pre-orders after the first delay.  They're back but for XBOX only.

Wonder what the deal is...

It's only for the digital versions too, not the physical releases.  I want to cancel my pre-order at Gamestop and switch to Amazon, since I'll save 20% being a prime member.  Not sure what's taking Amazon so long..

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, joshua969 said:

It's only for the digital versions too, not the physical releases.  I want to cancel my pre-order at Gamestop and switch to Amazon, since I'll save 20% being a prime member.  Not sure what's taking Amazon so long..

Well, I guess Bezos lurks these pages.

They're now offering PS4 Special Edition. Guess they're slowly rolling them out.

Update - Ultimate Edition is also now available.

Both digital only.

Edited by 1898

joshua969
Posted (edited)

I wonder when they'll have the physical releases.  Both the PS4 and XBOX versions are still listed as currently unavailable.

Edit:  Does anyone know how the digital codes work on Amazon ?  I'm guessing you're supplied with a code to enter on the console to redeem the game, but will it allow for pre-loading the game ?

I'm trying to get whatever format that will allow me to play as soon as possible...LOL.

Edited by joshua969

Birdman316
On 6/19/2018 at 8:44 AM, joshua969 said:

I wonder when they'll have the physical releases.  Both the PS4 and XBOX versions are still listed as currently unavailable.

Edit:  Does anyone know how the digital codes work on Amazon ?  I'm guessing you're supplied with a code to enter on the console to redeem the game, but will it allow for pre-loading the game ?

I'm trying to get whatever format that will allow me to play as soon as possible...LOL.

BUMP

Also curious to this question regarding pre-loading. Can either go to my local store and get it around 9PM that Thursday before and then have it load so probably able to play around 10PM. Or do Amazon route and have it pre loaded and ready to go by midnight..?

DGSimo
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Birdman316 said:

BUMP

Also curious to this question regarding pre-loading. Can either go to my local store and get it around 9PM that Thursday before and then have it load so probably able to play around 10PM. Or do Amazon route and have it pre loaded and ready to go by midnight..?

Amazon will email you the code on release day or you can find it in your library on the site at 12am PST October 26th, which would be later than anyone else preordering digitally.

So honestly if you're thinking on getting it digitally there's no reason to actually get it from Amazon but rather deal directly with Sony's or MS store. You'll get to play it at 12am EST/9pm PST and you're guaranteed being able to preload.

Amazon is in a long dispute with Sony and other publishers like Take 2 due to them offering 20% discounts and wanting better costs as a result. Considering how long RDR2 has been physically unavailable on the site and now the increasing feud with Sony, I wouldn't hold my breath for RDR2.

Edited by DGSimo

joshua969

Thanks for the input.  I think I'm just going to get mine at Gamestop since I had some store credit there.  I'll pick it up at midnight release which was actually 9pm for the last game I did this for.  Plus, I kind of want the physical map with the special edition.

thisispartaa

After reading all your thoughts, I've decided to go with the physical standard edition.

A. That's the only physical copy available to pre order in my country.

B. The added in-game content for Special edition doesn't really tempt me. Feels like it will be open for all somewhere down  the road.

C. The only reason I might consider getting an upgrade (if it ever shows up on physical pre-orders) is if they include the physical map in it.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:44 AM, DGSimo said:

Amazon is in a long dispute with Sony and other publishers like Take 2 due to them offering 20% discounts and wanting better costs as a result. Considering how long RDR2 has been physically unavailable on the site and now the increasing feud with Sony, I wouldn't hold my breath for RDR2.

That explains a lot.

At this point, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Amazon will not be offering a physical copy.

Odd, because before the 1st delay they had it up for sale. I even preordered.

Morgan
Posted (edited)

I chose the physical copy of the special edition 😃 I would have liked something extra from the collecters box in the special edition tho. The catalog or the coin for example

Edited by Morgan

Emmi
52 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I chose the physical copy of the special edition 😃 I would have liked something extra from the collecters box in the special edition tho. The catalog or the coin for example

I pre-ordered the special edition as well ... since I'm not an online player the extra money for the ultimate edition - only to have the steelbook case - wasn't enough for me.

What I hope though is that the 'standard' physical version of RDR2 will come with a reversible map - on one side the map and on the other a nice poster with an artwork of Sadie Adler!

Morgan
8 minutes ago, Emmi said:

I pre-ordered the special edition as well ... since I'm not an online player the extra money for the ultimate edition

Same here. All for the SP experience.

joshua969
8 minutes ago, Emmi said:

I pre-ordered the special edition as well ... since I'm not an online player the extra money for the ultimate edition - only to have the steelbook case - wasn't enough for me.

What I hope though is that the 'standard' physical version of RDR2 will come with a reversible map - on one side the map and on the other a nice poster with an artwork of Sadie Adler!

I also ordered the physical special edition for the same reason...don't play online.

I like the collectors box, but it's hard to justify the cost when I know it'll end up covered in dust a month after I get it.