2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Quinn_flower

RDR2 Pre-Order Bonuses + Collector's Box

Bobfakkel

I actually like it that the Collectors Box does not have the game cause I only want the ingame extra's. So now I can just buy the cheaper Ultimate Edition. Ive played allot of GTAO so I feel it's probably worth it with the online extra's.

TheExecutor10
10 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

What are the odds that these bonuses get released sometime down the road as standard DLC? I kinda want that Volcanic Pistol, and I really want that Bank Robbery but it doesn't seem anywhere near worth an extra $20. I really want that Special Edition but I don't think I can justify paying a 1/3rd of a game and getting 1/8th's worth of content. 

What's worse is the special edition is an odd combination of stuff that either feels like it should just be a part of the standard edition and stuff that shouldn't be in the game at all.

Don't worry about the weapons, they are available for everyone. They are just free from the get go for the buyers of these special editions.

Giantsgiants
15 minutes ago, TheExecutor10 said:

But like I said: People don't realise that when they actually buy the Ultimate Edition, it is like doing a 30$ microtransaction at launch for these things. But the same people complain about others buying shark cards... how ironic.

The industry is testing the waters with this stuff right now. 5-10 years ago there would have been a huge backlash for this move. It's like slowly increasing the temperature. And one day, it's f*cking hot, but you didn't realise it.

This is one of those cases where Rockstar gets away with what others can't just because it's GTA or RDR.

If it was any other game developer, they would already have backlash up the ass.

Jason
Posted (edited)

It does seem odd at first that the Collectors Box doesn't have a copy of the game, but it's becoming standard practice for a reason. Doesn't screw over digital buyers who want a digital copy but the physical collectable stuff and it means there's no platform specific edition of the box thus you aren't screwed if you can't find it in stock for your platform.

The scummy part of the pre-order stuff isn't the Collector Box not coming with the game, it's putting playable SP content behind premium editions.

Edited by Jason

PapasHota

Its worth it if you like to play with toys

volta2001

im going for the ultimate edition strictly because of the steelbook

TheDon1223

Should I buy it off the ps store or rockstar warehouse? Does it matter?

Grizzy

I bought the standard edition because special outfits don't mean much to me at all lol. Plus I prefer getting weapons & other things through progression. 

Vitalize
34 minutes ago, TheDon1223 said:

Should I buy it off the ps store or rockstar warehouse? Does it matter?

If you want some gta monies, do digital but if you want the physical version/steelbook, go rockstar warehouse

paddymcg
Posted (edited)

I bought the Ultimate Edition and Collector's Box, it's daylight robbery, but I'm a fool in a man's shoes.

Edited by PADDYMCG

GTAFanClub

I got the physical Ultimate Edition and might get the Collector's Box later when maybe I can find it cheaper on eBay or something.

pjw
1 hour ago, DexMacLeod said:

What are the odds that these bonuses get released sometime down the road as standard DLC? I kinda want that Volcanic Pistol, and I really want that Bank Robbery but it doesn't seem anywhere near worth an extra $20. I really want that Special Edition but I don't think I can justify paying a 1/3rd of a game and getting 1/8th's worth of content. 

What's worse is the special edition is an odd combination of stuff that either feels like it should just be a part of the standard edition and stuff that shouldn't be in the game at all.

The special edition is £20 more than the standard game, and aside from the bank robbery and gang hideout the extra content you get seems immaterial. £20 for an extra robbery and gang hideout essentially - incredibly steep. I'm erring towards getting the standard edition, really doesn't seem like you'll be missing out on much and the additional robbery and gang hideout will probably be available at a later date anyway like you said. 

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)

f*ck these bullsh*t editions. All ingame content should be in the 60 dollar package. R* is making it really hard for me to like them anymore.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Spider-Vice

Seems like this is Rockstar's justification for the collector's box.

Ash_735

So why does it cost so much considering physical wise that's gotta be like £40 tops worth of mass produced cheap content they're charging 3x more for, and why not offer an option of the disc or a download code to be in the package, or hell, include the download code in an e-mail? It's a bullsh*t excuse and no one is calling them out on it.

SherifWayne

Wait. If you can buy horses for online and story mode via preorder editions, does that mean they are infinite? I don't see how their horse permadeath system can work if they're charging people real money for these things. If I buy a war horse in an ultimate edition either they abandon the horse bonding permadeath system they have spent so long praising, or, they allow you to buy something for real money and have any player be able to kill it immediately. This special edition announcement has made me very fearful for the game.. I can't believe they are locking story content aswell...

DexMacLeod
25 minutes ago, SherifWayne said:

Wait. If you can buy horses for online and story mode via preorder editions, does that mean they are infinite? I don't see how their horse permadeath system can work if they're charging people real money for these things. If I buy a war horse in an ultimate edition either they abandon the horse bonding permadeath system they have spent so long praising, or, they allow you to buy something for real money and have any player be able to kill it immediately. This special edition announcement has made me very fearful for the game.. I can't believe they are locking story content aswell...

It's not really abandoning the bonding system. I think it'll work like the last one where you can buy horse deeds and once you do can always go and buy another horse of that breed. The preorder bonuses are just giving you the deed right away for "free".

When your horse dies you lose all that bonding you've done and have to start over with another. I'm not so certain horse bonding and permadeath horses can really carry over into Online. 

Am Shaegar

Some of these bonuses make the game easy and ruin the experience and surprises of first time playing the game by giving eacy access to certain items and stuff.

It is not really interesting.

Cutter De Blanc

Maybe the deeds aren't infinite use this time. Like... try not to kill your unique horse.

Nemecsis

Soooo seeing that there are 2 unlockable whole outfits in online..... customization won't be a thing? We have to buy outfits whole?

Piggsy pls

Don't care for the Collector's Box and just like GTA V, none of these "special" editions content seems worth it and will likely be a timed exclusive deal just like V as well, so standard edition it is.

Audi

Oh my this is such a bad meme now. 

Piro

LOL this is garbage. R* rly turned it to a scumbag... who would pay for this sh*t?

They made so much money with gtaonline and they still want you to pay extra for "exclusive story mode content" and toys from 1$ store? Thats just pathetic...

Remember the old days when you bought a R* game and it came with a map and a full story mode without paying extra?

I'm glad I decided a long time ago that I won't be buying anything else from R*. They rly changed over the years... theres no point of supporting them. Now they are just as bad as EA and Ubisoft (if not worse).

Yelda
Posted (edited)

Yesterday I wanted to have everything in a first touch of madness 🤣 but now I´m decide to buy the Ultimate Version and the Artbook.
I mean, sure, that's a matter of own opinion, but
for me the "stuff" in the box isn´t worth 100 € ...  I think I'd rather have a fancy poster and the map. I'm looking forward to the Artbook and other merchandise (want a T-Shirt! 😀)

Edited by Yelda

Matrelith

All in all this looks pretty good. I'd probably go for the special edition myself, as the online stuff and steelbook of the ultimate edition aren't worth the extra money in my opinion. The collector's box looks cool, but I'm not going to buy it. I doubt it's even available here in the Netherlands. On top of that it doesn't include the game and I'm sure half the stuff that comes with it would collect dust on my shelf after a week or two. 

INFERNO E100
8 hours ago, SherifWayne said:

it'll be deeds to that breed of horse, like RDR1, so when your level 99 war horse falls into a ravine you either reload or redeem the deed for a level 1 scrub warhorse

GTA3Rockstar

I want the ultimate edition digital but I want the steelbook and map...

NikosUncle
2 hours ago, Piro said:

LOL this is garbage. R* rly turned it to a scumbag... who would pay for this sh*t?

They made so much money with gtaonline and they still want you to pay extra for "exclusive story mode content" and toys from 1$ store? Thats just pathetic...

Remember the old days when you bought a R* game and it came with a map and a full story mode without paying extra?

I'm glad I decided a long time ago that I won't be buying anything else from R*. They rly changed over the years... theres no point of supporting them. Now they are just as bad as EA and Ubisoft (if not worse).

That’s the stupidest sh*t I’ve ever heard. Just because you dont agree with the way they release the game you won’t even buy it no matter how good it is? Get over yourself. 

SherifWayne
7 hours ago, Nemecsis said:

Soooo seeing that there are 2 unlockable whole outfits in online..... customization won't be a thing? We have to buy outfits whole?

I was hoping no but it seems like it is a possibility. They might be doing this to avoid people making silly outfits that break immersion? I dunno.

Piro
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NikosUncle said:

That’s the stupidest sh*t I’ve ever heard. Just because you dont agree with the way they release the game you won’t even buy it no matter how good it is? Get over yourself. 

No its not because of that.  Read my post again. You see the part about "I decided a long time ago" ?  My decision has nothing to do with those preorders. That in fact would be the stupid, I do agree.

its about how they changed after gtaonline.  Abandoning SP DLCs, Terrible support, Unjustified bans and moneywipes, doing nothing with real cheaters. The list is way too long...
And I want to point out - I was the biggest fan of R* since the beginning, bought almost every game. But it's not the same company that we used to love.
Its simple - "if you don't like what they are doing, don't put money in their wallets" 

Edited by Piro