2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Quinn_flower

RDR2 Pre-Order Bonuses + Collector's Box

Spider-Vice

That title is extremely clickbait, Jesus Christ.

Raavi

I really like this idea of an ultimate edition where you get additional in-game content but don't have to pay extra for physical items that more likely than not end up as dust-collectors. Also 99,- is still not too offensive, so definitely going to go for that.

Fluffy Sock

Are the pre-order bonuses available in the Ultimate Edition as it is, without pre-ordering at all? I guess not, but it isn't clear.

DualWielder

I don't like any of this to be honest.

Of course it's optional, but giving single player content like missions for different editions just feels ridiculous. I wanted to pre-order the game, but I don't want extra money right at the start because it simply feels like cheating, so I guess I'm gonna just pick it up at a nearby store day one.

joshua969

Think I'll go with special edition since I don't play online much at all.  I'm still up in the air on the collectors box.

matt_be

Ordered the Ultimate Edition through the Rockstar Warehouse. Haven't ordered anything directly from Rockstar before. Does anyone have experience with their shipping services? Hopefully I won't get the game after the release date.

Jason

£60, or $80, for the digital base edition on PSN. The f*ck is up with the UK prices man. £60 should be the price of a special edition.

LarrySmartass

Confirmed collectables for Red Dead Redemption 2 are "Cigarette Cards" revealed in the Collector's Box content description:

12 Cigarette Cards: These beautifully-illustrated collectable cards can be found throughout the world of Red Dead Redemption 2. This physical collection includes one select card from each set like Famous Gunslingers and Outlaws, Stars of the Stage and Marvels of Travel and Locomotion.

I think it's safe to say there will be 12 sets of cards and each set has atleast four cards to collect maybe when a set of cards are complete you can trade them or get a reward. Who knows? We'll see.

pjw
Posted (edited)

Torn between standard and special edition. I don't want to miss out on that extra bank robbery and it sucks that it's exclusive to certain editions, but I also don't want to start off with extra money, weapons and stat boosts - I want to earn money in game, discover new weapons as I go and start with my stats at 0. Starting with a pump action shotgun and a stat boost would feel like cheating. 

Edited by pjw

lol232
Posted (edited)

I always hated the collector's editions that didn't include the game. f*ck that.

That said I'm getting ultimate.

Edited by lol232

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Apart from Purchasing the collectors box, Ultimate edition, Special, Art of RDR2 book, I also have to Purchase its STATEGY GUIDE as a collectable which I dont even use.

Good, I rarely purchase games, So a R*product, I know its quality so I dont mind. I think ima spend around 300 dollars. No worries, still bitter sweet with that collectors box.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I hate that the digital versions have exclusive pre-order bonuses. I really want that treasure map and cash bonus, but I much prefer to physically own my games.

I'll probably end up going for the Special Edition. Ultimate seems more multiplayer-focused and that's not as big a deal for me.

Cutter De Blanc

I just end up losing all the physical stuff that comes with collector editions

joel15cat
Posted (edited)

This treasure map is a phisic map? I don't understand. How can i get this map if i pre-ordered on digital (PSN)?

Edited by joel15cat

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, matt_be said:

Ordered the Ultimate Edition through the Rockstar Warehouse. Haven't ordered anything directly from Rockstar before. Does anyone have experience with their shipping services? Hopefully I won't get the game after the release date.

I ordered the Special Edition of Grand Theft Auto V from them and asked them a similar question prior to release. They guaranteed the game would be at my door on release day, and sure enough it was. You can trust them. I'm gonna order this from them too.

cdba3bddbecfb19fbfebb5f613f1256e.png

They also sent me an assortment of Rockstar logo stickers.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, joel15cat said:

This treasure map is a phisic map? I don't understand. How can i get this map if i pre-ordered on digital?

Maybe that one is  a treasure map in-game.

joshua969
13 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Maybe that one is  a treasure map in-game.

That's how I interpreted it....an extra treasure hunt in-game.

Neudd
7 minutes ago, joel15cat said:

This treasure map is a phisic map? I don't understand. How can i get this map if i pre-ordered on digital (PSN)?

Looks like to me that the treasure map mentioned is a digitial in-game item that should download with the digital base game and the pictured rolled up map is the exclusive world map only available with physical/steelbook editions of the game?

TheExecutor10
Posted (edited)

How much money to spend if you want to get everything out of Red Dead Redemption II:

~100$ for physical Ultimate Edition (you buy it for the Steelbook, Physical Map, Slipcover, disc and UE bonuses)

~70$ for digital Standard Edition (you pre-order it by July 31st to get the Treasure Map and the Cash bonus)

~50$ for Strategy Guide

~50$ for Artbook

~100$ for Collectors Box

~20$ for a GTAV copy to unlock exclusive variations of weapons in GTA Online for RDR2

Roughly ~390$ (almost 400$ = the launch price of the PlayStation 4) for the hardcore Red Dead fan. Congrats Rockstar lol

I know, for most people it will be max 100$, but it's still funny how much money they can potentially make with one game release and everything surrounding it per customer.

Edited by TheExecutor10

mombo2811
21 minutes ago, TheExecutor10 said:

How much money to spend if you want to get everything out of Red Dead Redemption II:

~100$ for physical Ultimate Edition (you buy it for the Steelbook, Physical Map, Slipcover, disc and UE bonuses)

~70$ for digital Standard Edition (you pre-order it by July 31st to get the Treasure Map and the Cash bonus)

~50$ for Strategy Guide

~50$ for Artbook

~100$ for Collectors Box

~20$ for a GTAV copy to unlock exclusive variations of weapons in GTA Online for RDR2

Roughly ~390$ (almost 400$ = the launch price of the PlayStation 4) for the hardcore Red Dead fan. Congrats Rockstar lol

I know, for most people it will be max 100$, but it's still funny how much money they can potentially make with one game release and everything surrounding it per customer.

You forgot shark cards that will be in Red Dead online 

Jason

In fairness, the majority of it is completely optional physical trinkets and whatnot. All you need for the full in-game package really is the ultimate edition and that's only if you care about online, the special edition is the complete SP package. Though, locking single player content behind editions is ughhh. Hopefully it's a timed thing.

Kirsty

I will likely go for the Ultimate Edition at first, really like the look of that map, the bonuses seem useful. I basically just want the best edition I can get out of this game. I wonder what the Sony exclusive stuff will include?

The contents of the Collector's Box looks soooo cool, I just don't know if I can justify it without the game. £180 for both, wowsers. Why not do a combination where it includes the game and is a bit cheaper? Time to start saving some dough if I want that artbook too.

Cozzi

I just realized we basically also have 10 new (tiny thumbnail) screens

Shadowfennekin

I really lost more respect from R*, pulling this Special/Ultimate edition crap that other game companies pull.

Why should I pay extra for a f*cking bank robbery? Something the games is blatantly advertising and focusing on?! Hm?

This really made me rethink my decision on getting this game, Fallout 76 could be out around the same time along with AC Odyssey so I think I'll just stick to that. At least Ubisoft's Special/Ultimate editions are mostly vehicle/weapon/clothing skins and nothing more.

Jason
1 minute ago, Shadowfennekin said:

At least Ubisoft's Special/Ultimate editions are mostly vehicle/weapon/clothing skins and nothing more.

Wat. Ubisoft have been locking missions behind pre-order and special editions for yonks lol. Not to mention this.

PapasHota

Standard edition is enough to me

TheExecutor10
Posted (edited)

I also dislike the fact you need to pay 100$ to get the complete experience, locking away side-missions, outfits, horses and some other items behind a 30$ paywall.

It is their way to increase the price of the game without customers actually thinking they just paid 100$ for a game, because they will think it was worth it, since they are getting all these bonuses. People think they are making a great deal, their thinking is: "Standard Edition is 70$, Special Edition only 15$ more and I'm getting these cool bonuses, and the Ultimate Edition is only 15$ more than the Special Edition, and I'm getting great online advantages, I'm going to buy the Ultimate Edition". But in the end, they just bought a game for 100$. Psychology my friend^^

It's expected in the industry and accepted by the gamers nowadays. Just look at the Ubisoft Editions...

But like I said: People don't realise that when they actually buy the Ultimate Edition, it is like doing a 30$ microtransaction at launch for these things. But the same people complain about others buying shark cards... how ironic.

The industry is testing the waters with this stuff right now. 5-10 years ago there would have been a huge backlash for this move. It's like slowly increasing the temperature. And one day, it's f*cking hot, but you didn't realise it.

Edited by TheExecutor10

Laker23

Collectors box that doesn't include the game. Hate when developers pull that sh*t, scummy f*cks.

Standard edition. All the tiny bonuses will be timed anyway, and it's not like there's a lot there.

DexMacLeod

What are the odds that these bonuses get released sometime down the road as standard DLC? I kinda want that Volcanic Pistol, and I really want that Bank Robbery but it doesn't seem anywhere near worth an extra $20. I really want that Special Edition but I don't think I can justify paying a 1/3rd of a game and getting 1/8th's worth of content. 

What's worse is the special edition is an odd combination of stuff that either feels like it should just be a part of the standard edition and stuff that shouldn't be in the game at all.