3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Quinn_flower

RDR2 Pre-Order Bonuses + Collector's Box

Quinn_flower
Spoiler

Red Dead Redemption 2's pre-order bonuses include $500,000 in GTA Online cash, the Outlaw Survival Kit (no word on what that contains), a cash bonus for story mode, and The War Horse steed from the first game. In addition, those who pre-order by 31 July will receive an exclusive treasure map for story mode.

source ign.

my repsonse.....Hahahahaahhahaha oh r* you have nerve to add a gta bonus lol. And this story mode cash that better not mean mtx in sp.  this online survial kit....worries me....either it's money for online or parts or scraps for making stuff. Or it's a gun and a horse....still worries me that online is going p2w.

CG2msKhFO-E.jpg

Official info from the Newswire: https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60459/The-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Special-Edition-Ultimate-Edition-and-Collect

ceddb10e781afbea582111e8aaed427272ecf91a

KWF1981

It begins...

Could the survival kit mean we get no minimap in the corner and use a compass? That would be awesome though.

What do we need bonus cash for in RDR story? I'm all in for missions, side quests, breaking horses, hunting, bit of poker, and generally earning my bucks. But this is the old west here, lol. It's not like I'll be buying a $4m office or $8m yacht! Property back then might have been expensive for the times, but after a serious play, lil' poker, and a good hunting session, I should be covered on the finances, no?

Don't get me wrong, people will say it's optional if done the same a shark cards. But in story mode. We'll see of course, as I'm just assuming the worst here, but I can't understand why we'd ever need/want 'bonus cash' in story mode, more-so, one set 100-odd years ago.

Online, I expected it. But story. I'm very curious by this bit.

(I'd stick this picture in that microtransactions thread too. It's bloody ridiculous if true).

SDJ

I just hope i can decide which bonus i want. I dont want the SP Money. It would feel like cheating. When other people want to destroy thier experiences i dont care, but i want to earn my money with hard Ingame work!!!

thc_404
15 minutes ago, KWF1981 said:

It begins...

Could the survival kit mean we get no minimap in the corner and use a compass? That would be awesome though.

What do we need bonus cash for in RDR story? I'm all in for missions, side quests, breaking horses, hunting, bit of poker, and generally earning my bucks. But this is the old west here, lol. It's not like I'll be buying a $4m office or $8m yacht! Property back then might have been expensive for the times, but after a serious play, lil' poker, and a good hunting session, I should be covered on the finances, no?

Don't get me wrong, people will say it's optional if done the same a shark cards. But in story mode. We'll see of course, as I'm just assuming the worst here, but I can't understand why we'd ever need/want 'bonus cash' in story mode, more-so, one set 100-odd years ago.

Online, I expected it. But story. I'm very curious by this bit.

(I'd stick this picture in that microtransactions thread too. It's bloody ridiculous if true).

I doubt it has anything to do with the survival you're thinking of. 😛 Probably more like some bandages, a canteen full of water (?), some bullets. An actual outlaw survival kit. It would be awesome though, to have that ingame.

Cash is always handy. The first time, I tend to kinda play the story, so money is usually in short supply. Later on, it really does become redundant.

I'm wondering... have they ever flat out confirmed RDR II will have Online? I can't remember, and as such, all things point to it being a SP game exlusively. I might be wrong! 

Spider-Vice

KWF1981
13 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

I doubt it has anything to do with the survival you're thinking of. 😛 Probably more like some bandages, a canteen full of water (?), some bullets. An actual outlaw survival kit. It would be awesome though, to have that ingame.

Cash is always handy. The first time, I tend to kinda play the story, so money is usually in short supply. Later on, it really does become redundant.

I'm wondering... have they ever flat out confirmed RDR II will have Online? I can't remember, and as such, all things point to it being a SP game exlusively. I might be wrong! 

I do believe online has been mentioned. I definitely expect it, and for that to have a shark card equivalent. Just surprised to see story mode get the bonus cadh, lol.

Don't get me wrong, if it's just a little bonus, all is gold. Especially if that part is optional for those that buy the pre-order but prefer to play from scratch without help/bonuses.

Spider-Vice

thc_404
10 minutes ago, AndyGanteks said:

And it confirms that online will definitely be a part of RDR II. Disregard what I said. 😛

KWF1981
9 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Story cash bonuses, online rank too. Blimey!

Vitalize

Is there a way to pre order the ultimate edition for ps4 on disc?

Hmmm nice bike

They still manage to push GTA Online?

"Hey, you bought this new game, but keep playing our old game."

thc_404
Just now, Hmmm nice bike said:

They still manage to push GTA Online?

"Hey, you bought this new game, but keep playing our old game."

You know what they say: A fool and his money re easily parted. I'm a fool myself... I'm debating buying the ultimate edition. 😛

Emmi

I see that R* locks story mode content away ... great job, fantastic job.

NOT!!!

mombo2811

can we have a thread with everything we know from previews and ALL the screens in one thread instead of creating 91213434 different topics ??

Spider-Vice
1 minute ago, mombo2811 said:

can we have a thread with everything we know from previews and ALL the screens in one thread instead of creating 91213434 different topics ??

No. Different things.

Ash_735

So the "Collectors Box" edition does NOT come with the game and Rockstar kept that quiet, how come no one is giving them sh*t for this?

mombo2811
1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

No. Different things.

Who is  going to buy the collectors edition though? Looks useless to me

2 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

So the "Collectors Box" edition does NOT come with the game and Rockstar kept that quiet, how come no one is giving them sh*t for this?

Who is  going to buy the collectors edition though? Looks useless to me

joshua969
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

I was hoping there would be an edition of the collectors box WITH the game....seems stupid not to include it.

Edited by joshua969

O.Z
Posted (edited)

Collectors Box does not come with a game, wow, I won't be getting it then, what an epic fail

Will definitely be getting the Special Edition, don't care about the online/Ultimate edition

Edited by O.Z

Idro_Novenalen

I'll buy the standard edition but I preordered the game. That means I won't get the world map right? 

Jestic
21 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Interestingly enough, the xbox page does say it at the bottom of the image

You think there is any chance we will get the OST on Vinyl again?:O

EVOLUT7ON

Don't you think that we could get only $100 dollars in the beginning just to buy a lil bit more than "enough"?

Idro_Novenalen
31 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Actually it's clearly readable on the website 

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Collector’s Box, available exclusively from select retailers and the Rockstar Warehouse, features a curated assortment of outlaw essentials all packaged in a thick gauged metal tithing box (Red Dead Redemption 2 sold separately).

Emmi

Ha, what a sh*tshow that is.

No words.

skyfamster

I love it!3effca89ly1frzmcb6crmj208407aju5.jpg

if the title is metal-carved it would be even better.

this looks similar to this hobby cards:https://youtu.be/aBqoo0o46fw?t=145

*Lola

Are any of these pre order special editions enhanced for ps4 pro? I looked under the ps4 pro game section on psn and rdr2 isn't listed there like it was recently.