Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,285 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

cristeo

Do you think its still possible for a remaster?

Algonquin Assassin
55 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

The people whom you can choose to kill or not kill, will appear in random encounters and mostly be killed anyway. (except Ivan the not so terrible.) 

I know, but I still like how it was included.

HisNameIsMilad
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I doubt we'll ever see the ultimate GTA(a combination of SA VC IV V) since R* has turned to greedy c*nts and a GTA like that should have a budget of 1 billion and a development time of 10 years. I'll be surprised if I see it. 

From the release date of GTA 5 (2013) until possibly 2020-2024 that’s 7-11 years and with the ps5 possibly being out by then and with all the money R* has profited I want to say that the chances of an even greater GTA Project can exist how great exactly? I don’t know , but if it would provide realism like IV and customization like SA/V and even more than that like a bigger map than everbefore and more sh*t to do and more cheat codes and better details and just more and more improvements on every aspect and even further? Now that would deserve the title of the greatest imo

Edited by HisNameIsMilad

Journey_95
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

So we are butthurt SA fanboys but you aren't butthurt IV fanboys? You've been moaning about V since release and bashing it in every corner left and right. The situation and feeling you have is exactly like what we felt after the release of IV until TBOGT came out. The thing is R* has been making mistakes. They removed features from IV and addded some other things and again removed some features from V and added other stuff. Look at the 3D universe. All we had was improvements from 3 to VC to SA. then why should IV remove some of the things SA had or why should V remove some of the things IV had? Why can't they take their time to keep the old stuff while improving the series with new features? Tell me which GTA is the most different? You know damn well it is IV. fun fact is GTA IV is in my top 10 games of all time cause after all a GTA is a GTA however take a good look at your fanbase.you think you're the only people in the fanbase that matter thus R* has to go back to the IV style for the next GTA. 

GTA is a game that has a huge fanbase therfore has to cover many areas. GTA wants to parody many aspects of culture therefore has to cover many aspects of gameplay and story. IV focused on ONE thing TOO much. The others in the series covered as many as they could. IV might be the most flawless but the most flawless isn't always the best. IV lacked the ambition and variety we know GTA for. 

GTA is a huge series and because of that, it should BE massive in every aspect. 

The more ambition a game has the more probability it will have for flaws but flaws don't always make a great game worse because they're inevitable in an ambitious title. 

Who are you talking about? I have my problems with GTA V but I think its a fun game and I have replayed it like 4 times since release..if I hated it I wouldn't be doing that..I wish Rockstar would go back to the GTA IV style (with improvements added) but I know thats not going to happen and thats fine, never said they "have to" go back at all.

It was different in the 3D era time, all the games had the same engine and were made pretty quickly one after another. Vice City took like one year, SA only 2 so they reused a lot of assets and it was easily to expand on the existing formula. Back then games in general weren't nearly as ambitious.

With GTA IV they had to start completely new and also wanted to go into a more mature direction. When some fans didn't respond well we got TBOGT which brought back some silly stuff. With GTA V again they basically made it from ground up and also wanted to continue to pander to 3D Era fans while also giving some to HD era fans (hence the story focus and still some leftover realism).

GTA VI will be the same, some things from V will be removed, others may return or will be handled better etc. that's just how it is.

Anyway since I'm a gamer who cares more about the story and characters GTA IV was exactly my type of game, its not like the gameplay was lacking anyway. I enjoyed the improved combat, the fun physics and more challenging driving, not to mention Liberty City being one of the best crafted open world cities ever.

It wasn't perfect but SA or the other 3D Era games aren't either. People just easily overlook their flaws because of nostalgia and bash the new games. You think only GTA IV fans bash GTA V but like I said thats wrong, plenty of 3D Era fans who dislike it a lot as well.

Edited by Journey_95

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

@Journey_95

SA was an ambitious game.  the map and Rockstar's obsession to have 100 missions in it along with all the features and vehicles proves it. I don't care who bashes V. What they are doing is wrong. It's five years since release and the flaws in the game have been already addressed a long time ago. It's over-kill right now. GTA V had it's own goals and ambition to aquire just like IV. the criticism it's getting is unfair at this point. Mostly because it's a game built for last-gen and the fact that they pulled off such a complex mechanic(multiple protag) on the last-gen made them cut corners. All I'm saying is that the criticism is wrong at this point. If IV or any other GTA was getting this kind of unfair criticism I would defend them as well. Cause every GTA is dear to me in it's own way. 

Edited by TheSantader25

gtafaninwest
On 6/21/2018 at 9:10 AM, TheSantader25 said:

I'm starting to feel R* doesn't actually like what they did with this game either. They realized they took the wrong path. 

Cockstar lost their way.

Algonquin Assassin
9 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

@Journey_95

SA was an ambitious game.  the map and Rockstar's obsession to have 100 missions in it along with all the features and vehicles proves it. I don't care who bashes V. What they are doing is wrong. It's five years since release and the flaws in the game have been already addressed a long time ago. It's over-kill right now. GTA V had it's own goals and ambition to aquire just like IV. the criticism it's getting is unfair at this point. Mostly because it's a game built for last-gen and the fact that they pulled off such a complex mechanic(multiple protag) on the last-gen made them cut corners. All I'm saying is that the criticism is wrong at this point. If IV or any other GTA was getting this kind of unfair criticism I would defend them as well. Cause every GTA is dear to me in it's own way. 

I'm glad we came to an understanding last night as per our PM conversation, but I really think this works both ways. Like I said to you the other day I appreciate all GTAs do something different (Even the ones I'm not entirely a huge fan of). If there's one thing I think we can all agree on no matter which one(s) are of favourite is R* always strives the best they can to make them feel as unique as possible and that's why the series has lasted as long as it has. But whilst I agree some of the criticism against GTA V goes overboard (Hell I admit I can be a downright asshole at times when I'm not thinking before I post) I think some of the attitude towards GTA IV/GTA IV fans really isn't that much better. I've seen it almost everyday for over 5 years since GTA V's release. Cutthroat arguments more times I can count.

Something I think is a really bad mindset to have if I'm being honest is assuming GTA IV fans are just bandwagoners who only started liking it after GTA V''s release. It's something that's always pissed me off as a long term fan of the game. I know back when GTA IV released it was hardly praised as the best game ever made, but people change over time. They don't have to dislike the same thing for the rest of their lives. Maybe they gave it a second chance and it started to grow on them? Even if some did only started liking it after GTA V's release it doesn't affect me. It's their choice, their life and has no bearing on me. Nor should it anyone else. Also I feel some people use criticism against GTA V as an excuse to start attacking GTA IV/GTA IV fans really for no reason than out of spite even if the person is just trying to get their point across in a civil manner. Once again it's one of those things I gave up counting a long time ago. I don't know how many times I've seen someone called a "GTA V hater", "GTA IV fanboy" etc even if they're not doing anything to deserve that kind of treatment. 

I will never be a diehard GTA V fan and I get where you're coming from, but a lot of this unfairness gets hurled our way too. 

CharliesHead

I would honestly love to see GTA IV remastered and released for the Switch. We got rid of our 360 and I can’t save in GTA IV on PC so I haven’t really got a chance to properly play IV and it would be fun to take it on the go.

HisNameIsMilad

I got one question

does anybody else too remember that one rumor about some IV content mentioning for its 10 year anniversary on this YouTube video that claimed June 12 (probably E3) we will see something ? 

ThatBenGuy
Posted (edited)

I hope so. It would be more than nice to see.

Edited by ThatBenGuy