Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,630 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

cristeo

Do you think its still possible for a remaster?

cristeo

🧐

Am Shaegar

Why not? Making a remaster of any game is not something impossible.

But is Rockstar interested?

Hmmm nice bike
1 hour ago, Am Shaegar said:

But is Rockstar interested?

Given what they did (or, more appropriately, what they didn't do) for GTA IV's 10th anniversary, probably not. When GTA V is still selling and GTA Online's Shark Cards are making them a ton of money, is there any incentive for making a remaster of IV besides nostalgia? I'd be surprised if we actually ended up getting one.

Arrows to Athens

Yes, but I doubt it. This is Rockstar we're talking about here.

HisNameIsMilad

For some reason I have a feeling they will and the only reason why I feel that is because they didn’t announce anything an looking at other R* games they got some neat stuff like III Vice City SA Port and III and SA got remastered 3 for Mobile and SA for ps3/Xbox360 and not forgetting to mention LA NOIRE so although I was speculating this year because of the 2018 being the anniversary of gta 4 I think because of GTAO success and RDR 2 they don’t want to steal the anticipation and consider this , IV has 2 DLC’s TLAD&TBOGT but they came out 2009 so maybe we can hope for a 2019 remastered with all 3 in 1?

cristeo
1 hour ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

For some reason I have a feeling they will and the only reason why I feel that is because they didn’t announce anything an looking at other R* games they got some neat stuff like III Vice City SA Port and III and SA got remastered 3 for Mobile and SA for ps3/Xbox360 and not forgetting to mention LA NOIRE so although I was speculating this year because of the 2018 being the anniversary of gta 4 I think because of GTAO success and RDR 2 they don’t want to steal the anticipation and consider this , IV has 2 DLC’s TLAD&TBOGT but they came out 2009 so maybe we can hope for a 2019 remastered with all 3 in 1?

Hopefully :) 

MARKUS.

Same as Vice City Stories for iOS and mobile devices

Hmmm nice bike
9 minutes ago, MARKUS. said:

Same as Vice City Stories for iOS and mobile devices

Part of me wonders if the reason VCS hasn't seen a re-release is because of the soundtrack. Too many songs (probably even more than what we saw removed in IV) would have to be licensed again or completely removed and they might feel it isn't worth the cost. Plus, the LCS mobile port didn't sell that well (I don't think any of them did actually), so maybe there's no incentive to renew the very expensive licenses for the songs for a re-release if the last one didn't meet their sales expectations.

cristeo
3 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

Part of me wonders if the reason VCS hasn't seen a re-release is because of the soundtrack. Too many songs (probably even more than what we saw removed in IV) would have to be licensed again or completely removed and they might feel it isn't worth the cost. Plus, the LCS mobile port didn't sell that well (I don't think any of them did actually), so maybe there's no incentive to renew the very expensive licenses for the songs for a re-release if the last one didn't meet their sales expectations.

Didnt Rockstar also add a lot of songs to GTA IV? I think Im hearing some new ones.

Hmmm nice bike
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, cristeo said:

Didnt Rockstar also add a lot of songs to GTA IV? I think Im hearing some new ones.

Only to Vladivostok FM, because only one song (and the worst one from the original soundtrack, to boot) remained. I don't think adding new songs is really a good idea. Some of the songs they added on Vladivostok FM aren't even from 2008, there were a couple from 2010 and 2013 I believe. And it's mostly just rap and country music now.

Edited by Hmmm nice bike

Jeansowaty

I doubt so.

HisNameIsMilad

Maybe the absence of any mentioning or relevation is R*’s strategy? I mean they do make smart moves when it comes to business as far as I’m concert 

I mean they could have just port it over to PS Now but a lot of fans don’t enjoy that service including me so maybe they’re doing this favor for the fans ? And because of rdr2 and it’s 10th year complete silence they’re doing some exciting stuff behind the curtains? If all this sounds crazy feel free to give me your feedback but rockstar “was” known to be a developer for fans and we’re talking about their only and first GTA game for the HD PS3/Xbox360 era which was a big achievement for them so if they can do a Remaster for LA noire for current gen and do some remasters like SA &3 And they had announcements on their 10th year it could be because of rdr2 why R* is silent what do you all think?

M0rk

i seriously doubt it 

Ash_735

HisNameIsMilad
2 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Haha 

1 hour ago, M0rk said:

i seriously doubt it 

Fair enough but it is sort of evidently that there are some good things to take into consideration for example that portfolio of this R* employee with updated GTA4 Visuals Or that Nothing has been announced for GTA 4 anniversary especially since it was their first HD game and heir 2nd most profitable GTA and knowing that the older ones got attention like SA VICE CITY & III and even LA NOIRE it does raise my curiosity , since EFLC came out 2009 maybe we’re not going to see anything until 2019 and also because of the Anticipation for RDR2 they maybe don’t want to steal that spotlight

.Bach

You guys are doing nothing more than wishful thinking. There's literally no evidence that C* will remaster this game nor its expansions. The only reason they didn't do anything for the anniversary is because they don't care, there's no hidden meaning behind it.

Also, it's obvious that a remaster would somewhat "antagonize" GTA V, due to the differences between both games and the IV vs V fights. As sad as it sounds, it makes no sense to remaster this game.

HisNameIsMilad
56 minutes ago, .Bach said:

You guys are doing nothing more than wishful thinking. There's literally no evidence that C* will remaster this game nor its expansions. The only reason they didn't do anything for the anniversary is because they don't care, there's no hidden meaning behind it.

Also, it's obvious that a remaster would somewhat "antagonize" GTA V, due to the differences between both games and the IV vs V fights. As sad as it sounds, it makes no sense to remaster this game.

If that’s the case why did rockstar Remaster LA noire when it was less demanding and successful ?

cristeo
14 hours ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

Maybe the absence of any mentioning or relevation is R*’s strategy? I mean they do make smart moves when it comes to business as far as I’m concert 

I mean they could have just port it over to PS Now but a lot of fans don’t enjoy that service including me so maybe they’re doing this favor for the fans ? And because of rdr2 and it’s 10th year complete silence they’re doing some exciting stuff behind the curtains? If all this sounds crazy feel free to give me your feedback but rockstar “was” known to be a developer for fans and we’re talking about their only and first GTA game for the HD PS3/Xbox360 era which was a big achievement for them so if they can do a Remaster for LA noire for current gen and do some remasters like SA &3 And they had announcements on their 10th year it could be because of rdr2 why R* is silent what do you all think?

Hpefully, arent they aware it was the 10th year anniversary? Lmao

Legomanarthur

Not a chance.

HisNameIsMilad
7 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

Not a chance.

Facts would be useful 

Arrows to Athens
22 minutes ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

Facts would be useful 

But there are no facts indicating a remaster, either. It's just all speculation, theories, and wishful thinking.

HisNameIsMilad
1 hour ago, Arrows to Athens said:

But there are no facts indicating a remaster, either. It's just all speculation, theories, and wishful thinking.

But fact is that R* has done stuff for their previous GTA 10th anniversary and leaving their second highest profitable project out does raise my curiosity and also LA noire got a random Remaster which was less demanding and successful 

those are all facts 

Mastah
18 hours ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

If that’s the case why did rockstar Remaster LA noire when it was less demanding and successful ?

Is Virtuos = Rockstar?

Maybe Take-Two wanted some easy and cheap cash grab for holiday period last year? Maybe Rockstar didn't want to hand control over GTA from HD era to some other developer? Maybe GTA on RAGE engine is much more complex, time-consuming and expensive to port? Maybe they didn't want to simply port GTA with PC settings? Maybe they didn't want to take focus off GTA Online by releasing remaster of another GTA game in the same universe and on the same engine? Who knows, facts are:

-they haven't acknowledged GTA IV 10th anniversary at all, in any way

-they gave green light to Microsoft, so GTA IV, TLaD and TBoGT are backward compatible on Xbone, free for people already owning them, available for ~20 dollars for new players - minimal effort and cost, maximum profit

You only need to look at RDR2 and its 100 different versions and necessity to buy them all in order to have all the game content, to see where their priorities are.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

But fact is that R* has done stuff for their previous GTA 10th anniversary and leaving their second highest profitable project out does raise my curiosity and also LA noire got a random Remaster which was less demanding and successful 

those are all facts 

A remaster of one game is not necessarily proof of a future remaster of another game.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

HisNameIsMilad

But the possibility still exists therefore condradicting your opinion regarding the Remaster having “no chance”

cristeo
8 hours ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

But the possibility still exists therefore condradicting your opinion regarding the Remaster having “no chance”

I hope :) 

Penguin Bob

The only remaster we got was a song removal.... 

StormerBoy

My best guess is a remaster will happen after they have rested GTA Online and before GTA 6 is released.

Jack Lupino

No i dont think we will see gta 4 remaster anytime soon or ever.

Rockstar didnt even acknowledge its existence on its birthday (Guess they too want to forget about this game)

Last hope is next year in 2019 when they could make GTA 4+EFLC remastered but i doubt it.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Jack Lupino said:

No i dont think we will see gta 4 remaster anytime soon or ever.

Rockstar didnt even acknowledge its existence on its birthday (Guess they too want to forget about this game)

Last hope is next year in 2019 when they could make GTA 4+EFLC remastered but i doubt it.

I'm starting to feel R* doesn't actually like what they did with this game either. They realized they took the wrong path. 

Edited by TheSantader25