2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Begoo

Do you earn your own money to buy games or?

Moonshield

"Or something." 😉

CanadianMuscle
Posted (edited)

I just make money...save it, and buy games when i feel like it

...simple.

Edited by bantonson15

Begoo
On 6/10/2018 at 5:29 PM, Daz said:

I just want everyone to re-read this.

You can actually make money other ways too ;)

Daz

It's still technically a job if you take it in the ass for money.

Constant K

18 games on my pc, not one bought with money thanks to fitgirl.

But I get no time to play them except for  some hours during the weekend.

AiraCobra

Ya'll might not really believe it but pirating games actually hurt folks like myself who buy our games instead of ripping them off.

Because of that game creators take even longer because they have to add even more security than the last game to try and prevent the game from being cracked and the time and labor of that get passed on to the consumer.

Games used to be $49.99 now they're $59.99 pretty soon they're going to be $69.99 I already feel bad for those in Aussieland who pay upwards to $100 for a new game and if they keep having to raise prices we might loose the whole country due to not being able to afford the games anymore

Constant K

Make that 30 games. A lot of installations to be done this weekend.

Purevil
On 6/25/2018 at 6:55 AM, AiraCobra said:

Ya'll might not really believe it but pirating games actually hurt folks like myself who buy our games instead of ripping them off.

Because of that game creators take even longer because they have to add even more security than the last game to try and prevent the game from being cracked and the time and labor of that get passed on to the consumer.

Games used to be $49.99 now they're $59.99 pretty soon they're going to be $69.99 I already feel bad for those in Aussieland who pay upwards to $100 for a new game and if they keep having to raise prices we might loose the whole country due to not being able to afford the games anymore

Folks who buy or pirate games/software in general can not afford to buy the original product.  Therefore the developers lose nothing.   In fact it may help them sell more original copies.

OT: Yes.

Pesos
On 6/25/2018 at 3:55 PM, AiraCobra said:

What a load of bullsh*t this is. You'd have to be a right daft c*nt to genuinely believe that the increase in game prices has anything to do with piracy which doesn't even begin to affect the bottom line of the big boys in any noteworthy capacity.

AiraCobra

a report from Arxan Technologies, an applications security company, showed that gamers pirate almost as much as they legitimately pay for. Tru Optic research states that the total revenue lost to pirated games was approximately $74.1 billion in 2014 whilst the global video game industry only bought in $83.6 billion in revenue last year. It’s a shocking revelation and shows just how big of an impact piracy is having. It’s no wonder that we’ve seen companies try to counter this through DRM and new revenue models such as free to play and online subscriptions.

Read more at: http://gearnuke.com/video-game-piracy-rise-will-cost-industry-much-makes/

http://gearnuke.com/video-game-piracy-rise-will-cost-industry-much-makes/

Pesos

Those figures are fundamentally flawed and inaccurate, because it makes no attempt at distinction between actual lost revenue and perceived lost revenue. The reality is that most people who pirate games were never going to buy it anyway, so companies aren't actually losing money here (especially so in the digital age). It also never factored in people who pirate games and then go on to buy them.

Piracy has never been the cause of the price hikes on games; it makes for a convenient boogeyman when gullible morons like you exist though. It's almost like the cost of game development has risen and price hikes usually coincide with just that.

Shaundi.
On 6/25/2018 at 3:55 PM, AiraCobra said:

Nice meme

No, I think we pay a lot for vidya because our current gubbermint are a bunch of conservative liberal right dinosaurs that think vidya is for lidl children only, price gouging, a hostile anti gamer attitude and the most strict censorship regime in the west. If you're an adult gamer in Australia, you literally don't exist to the government at all.

ddubz91
On 6/27/2018 at 2:59 AM, Shaundi. said:

No, I think we pay a lot for vidya because our current gubbermint are a bunch of conservative liberal right dinosaurs that think vidya is for lidl children only, price gouging, a hostile anti gamer attitude and the most strict censorship regime in the west. If you're an adult gamer in Australia, you literally don't exist to the government at all.

Quoted for the goddamn truth.

McGhee

If I hadn't been able to pay for my own games, I'd have quit my gaming hobby or looked for a better way to get money for games. Been on the low financial side, been on the high side. Now I'm on the right side and make enough money to maintain my and my wife's hobbies comfortably. Gaming is only one of them. I buy most games on sale, though. Most of them go on sale quite fast and paying full price at release seems to be the dumbest thing to do.