Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,988 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
JayKed20

If San Andreas and Vice City were set in the same year they were released

JayKed20
Posted (edited)

What would the differences be in the story, the radio and the soundtrack, the map, the characters, etc, what would stay the same?

Edited by JayKed20

MARKUS.
Posted (edited)

Everything would be odd. Maybe change Vice City's iconic soundtrack on Sony Forelli's first appearance "Broken Wings" to "Ops I did it again" from Britney Spears

Edited by MARKUS.

Lock n' Stock
Posted (edited)

Interesting to think about, but I personally think it would have been a poor choice on their part. For me, the settings were part of what made those games so great. Sure it's the gameplay that counts, but the eras that VC and SA were set in gave them a distinctive feel that's hard to beat. Don't even get me started on the soundtracks.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

GTA2017

In terms of radio:

Vice City in 2002

Wave 103 - would probably not be named "Wave 103" and would play trance/rave

Wildstyle - Late 90s/Early 2000s hip hop (Dr. Dre, Nelly, Ludacris, Jay Z, probably Eminem)

V Rock - Creed, Three Doors Down, Radiohead

Flash FM - 1998 - 2002 pop music (Britney Spears, NSYNC, Destiny's Child, Christina Aguilera)

(Vice City was set in the 80s, with the storyline being based off of that decade as well. Changing it to 2002 would mean there would be an extremely different tone (darker, especially post-9/11) and a different story.)

San Andreas in 2004

Radio X would play emo rock/alternative rock from the early 2000s

Radio Los Santos would've probably shifted toward what the station is like in GTA V (playing rap from any coast instead of just the west coast). Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon, Chingy, Kanye West, etc.

Any radio stations playing music from a previous time period would stay the same.

That's all I can think of for now.

Am Shaegar

Vice city will feel a lot different across the board. SA's story seems still quite relevant for a 2004 period when it comes to the issues revolving around the gang related crimes, corruption, ghetto culture, or the young black males. In fact, I found the story quite ahead of its time anyways, its so good that it wouldn't make much of a difference to the overall story or gameplay experience.

JayKed20
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, GTA2017 said:

In terms of radio:

Vice City in 2002

Wave 103 - would probably not be named "Wave 103" and would play trance/rave

Wildstyle - Late 90s/Early 2000s hip hop (Dr. Dre, Nelly, Ludacris, Jay Z, probably Eminem)

V Rock - Creed, Three Doors Down, Radiohead

Flash FM - 1998 - 2002 pop music (Britney Spears, NSYNC, Destiny's Child, Christina Aguilera)

(Vice City was set in the 80s, with the storyline being based off of that decade as well. Changing it to 2002 would mean there would be an extremely different tone (darker, especially post-9/11) and a different story.)

San Andreas in 2004

Radio X would play emo rock/alternative rock from the early 2000s

Radio Los Santos would've probably shifted toward what the station is like in GTA V (playing rap from any coast instead of just the west coast). Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon, Chingy, Kanye West, etc.

Any radio stations playing music from a previous time period would stay the same.

That's all I can think of for now.

I'd imagine Playback would play classic west coast rap as well as classic east coast rap as well, as if Radio Los Santos and Playback was all one station, I'd imagine that California Love would be on it, it would kind of fit the game but it wasn't released until 1995 so they couldn't of had it in a game set in 1992. 

I'd also think the riots at the end of San Andreas probably would've never happened either, maybe mentioned.

Also The Truth probably would've been a bit older.

Edited by JayKed20

JayKed20

How would it affect Vice City Stories? It couldn't be set in 2007 as it's a prequel, I'd imagine it'd be set in 2000, LCS probably wouldn't be affected at all as that was a prequel to GTA3, unless they made VCS and LCS sequels set in 2006 and 2007, in which case the protagonist of VCS would have to be someone else.

GTA-Biker
Posted (edited)

V-Rock would probably play late 90s and early 2000s nu metal and pop-punk (same with Radio X,probably), Flash FM would play late 90s and early 2000s pop, Wildstyle would play late 90s and early 2000s rap (same with RLS and probably Playback)...

The story of VC would probably be much different,closer to Fast And Furious 2 than to Scarface.The ending of SA would be different.

The maps would probably be the same,or at least very similar.

Edited by GTA-Biker

Lock n' Stock

I wonder how it would be in regards to recurring characters. Maybe we'd actually find out what happened to Donald Love...

universetwisters

They would both be a lot more contemporary.

JayKed20
Posted (edited)
Spoiler

The missions for Catalina would've been for someone else instead, that or those missions might've been skipped entirely, Salvatore wouldn't of appeared either.

Edited by JayKed20

Hmmm nice bike
On 6/3/2018 at 11:07 AM, GTA-Biker said:

V-Rock would probably play late 90s and early 2000s nu metal and pop-punk (same with Radio X,probably)

I think V-Rock would actually be classic rock, but it'd be a mix of 70s and 80s rock instead of just 80s metal. There would just be a new radio station dedicated to modern rock. Lots of rock stations did that. K-DST would probably be exactly the same, too. But I can definitely see Radio X being 2000s alternative rock and pop-punk.

VC's story would also feel a lot different, but as someone else mentioned, SA's story probably wouldn't actually change that much since you could still picture events like that taking place in 2004.

By the way, Flash FM would play this and it would be the "Japanese Boy" of the game if it was set in 2002.