2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

PSA: Doomsday Heist progress is bugged

MaddenedGhost

MaddenedGhost

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been posted before, if it is I'll contact the mods to lock the thread:

There was a bug way back on last gen where you complete setups of a certain heist, but the game doesn't save any of that, apparently that bug is here again with the Doomsday Heist, me and a friend of mine were doing the Criminal Mastermind challenge and we went all the way through act 3's setups, we took a break and when we got back, he found out that he has to do the setups again (the CMC progress saved but not the heist progress itself)

Be ware of this issue.

(also, excuse my english lol)

Edited by The-Ghost
Adding some details.

I have done all masterminds without any issues, following advice posted around here to avoid glitches. Aside from my insurgent blowing up out of nowhere, ofcourse I quickly closed the app. Only in GTA you fight glitches with more glitches.

If the game cheats, cheat right back at it!

• Like 1

After complete preparation missions, play the setups and the heists on private lobbys. If you leave GTA Online, before leave change your clothes, wait until the orange circle appears saving your progress and then you can leave.

This help to avoid any problems/conflicts/bugs.

• Like 1

MaddenedGhost

Now here is what you guys didn't catch in my post, we have 25 out of 29, meaning that we did some setups in Act 3, we actually stopped right after the mission where you steal the Barrage, but after my friend came back to host the next one, he found all the others that we have done marked as incomplete.

The game saved his challenge progress but didn't save how far he is in the actual heist, someone on the discord server posted about the exact same thing but in act 2.

Also, we are doing them in invite-only lobbies as we are fully aware that doing them in public lobbies resets the challenge, it happened to us the first time we tried to do it few months ago when the heist came out.

Edited by The-Ghost
Adding some details.

Hey ghost I've seem this glitch happening last week, very annoying indeed, you do the missions but when you come back they show up as incomplete and you have to do again. And, aside from that, any challenge progress is reset when you do them again, aside from the loyalty challenge I think.

• Like 1

MaddenedGhost
8 hours ago, Aghakhi said:

Hey ghost I've seem this glitch happening last week, very annoying indeed, you do the missions but when you come back they show up as incomplete and you have to do again. And, aside from that, any challenge progress is reset when you do them again, aside from the loyalty challenge I think.

That is exactly what's happening to me and my friend, his game is asking him to redo the setups that we've completed, the challenge shows 25/29 so it's basically asking to do 23-24-25 in order to progress, doing them again resets the challenge, it's so annoying.

Judging by the experience, even when Rockstar fixes the progressing issue, we'll have to restart the challenge again anyway.

Edited by The-Ghost
I had more things to say bruh!

The glitch happened on my younger brother's account, it lasted for a day and made me and my friend a bit paranoid haha xD We all thought that the update had caused some new glitch for some players, but it turned out that everything was normal again the next day. Very weird, specially because it only seemed to have happened to my brother, we were still able to do my friend's heist.

• Like 1

MaddenedGhost
On 6/4/2018 at 12:27 PM, Aghakhi said:

The glitch happened on my younger brother's account, it lasted for a day and made me and my friend a bit paranoid haha xD We all thought that the update had caused some new glitch for some players, but it turned out that everything was normal again the next day. Very weird, specially because it only seemed to have happened to my brother, we were still able to do my friend's heist.

Wait, so you did actually get the issue fixed? is there anything specific that you have done?

11 hours ago, The-Ghost said:

Wait, so you did actually get the issue fixed? is there anything specific that you have done?

Yeah but the only thing I did was not use Lester's invite, and instead drive or fly to the Facility every time. The missions ran as normal, and he went as far as doing all prep work for Act II after finishing Act I

11 hours ago, The-Ghost said:

Yeah but the only thing I did was not use Lester's invite, and instead drive or fly to the Facility every time. The missions ran as normal, and he went as far as doing all prep work for Act II after finishing Act I

I'm not sure if that was the actual solution though

Just now, MARINA said:

wow that sucks, i haven't even played any of the doomsday heists yet, are they worth playing?

If you have a friend they are, huge profit from the Act III finale if you get 85% cut. But that takes time to complete, like every heist, so I don't do it often.

12 minutes ago, MARINA said:

i really feel I should do it. i've been buying the doomsday vehicles at full price without trade, i know,i know,

Hahaha Marina that was unnecessary, most of the relevant vehicles are unlocked on the first two acts, Deluxo and Akula have their trade price unlocked right on Act I. Stromberg is on Act II. By the time I've bought my Akula, I already had its trade price unlocked for quite some time. Now I'm considering a Stromberg, since I hear that it can take explosives unlike the Deluxo, while having the same missiles and being far cheaper.

If you ever decide to do it, do with just one other player. This way you can get 85% cut for maximum profit. I do so with a friend of mine, each one does the other's heist so we both gets over 1.3 million after the heists of everyone are done.

16 minutes ago, MARINA said:

i bought the deluxo, stromberg, hunter and akula at their full prices. i literally don't do ANY of the sales of any business

Wish I had the kind of money you have ;) Haha the FH1 Hunter was a painful purchase, nearly 4 millions that took a week of grinding disappeared in seconds, because despite being 40% off at the time I didn't have the Hangar or the trade price. Result: 2.8 mil on Hunter, 1.65 on Hangar (which was 50% off too).

Akula wasn't that hard, 2 mil on the chopper then some 350k on upgrades. I never bought bombs for it because I barely use them in the Hunter.

My most recent "painful" purchase is my X80, bought it last week full price and upgraded it. Nearly 3 million spent in a matter of minutes. Worth it though, made me more competitive on racing and improved several lap records of mine.

55 minutes ago, MARINA said:

YOU KNOW i have no money 😢 , i love the hunter but besides the barrage it's not all too useful when compared to the much cheaper akula

In freemode it may be true but I play mostly solo and PvE to avoid losing money. In these situations the Hunter is very useful, barrage is good to deal with nearby choppers and the speed makes traveling around the map quite fast regardless of distance.

I agree that Akula is better for populated sessions though, its stealth is a wonderful tool, I just wish it was actually quieter than other helicopters but that doesn't make a whole lot of difference anyway. I think it's also very fast, not very different from the Hunter. I alternate between both regularly.

Honestly, what isn't bugged or doesn't work in a ideal way in this game?

• Like 1

They claim this was fixed, they can provide your friend with the GTA$ for the setups he paid.

• Like 1

MaddenedGhost
1 hour ago, Fun 2 said:

They claim this was fixed, they can provide your friend with the GTA$ for the setups he paid.

Thank you; I'm assuming we will have to restart the challenge anyway right?

I think what others have said. You have to make sure it saves your progress before you leave the game. Back when I was doing my daily objectives every day they would often reset and I wouldn't get the monthly bonuses. But once I learned the trick to force it to save my progress then it was ok.

MaddenedGhost
2 hours ago, AmyStone said:

I think what others have said. You have to make sure it saves your progress before you leave the game. Back when I was doing my daily objectives every day they would often reset and I wouldn't get the monthly bonuses. But once I learned the trick to force it to save my progress then it was ok.

I've said before that the game saved the Criminal Mastermind challenge progress but it didn't save the setups that were done, it didn't save 3 setups, if it was only one setup what you and the others have said could've been the case

The game did save something and "ignored" something else.