1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Interface

GTA San Andreas is coming to Xbox One [backwards compatiblity] starting on June 7th 2018.

Interface

On June 7, we will be able to play GTA San Andreas on Xbox One.

Both the original Xbox release and the Xbox 360 version of San Andreas will be backward compatible. Saves from the original Xbox will not transfer, but owners of the game get an upgraded Xbox 360 version.

Source: https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/31/gta-san-andreas-midnight-club-los-angeles-xbox-one/

So, does this mean we will get the broken 360 version on Xbox One? And the orginal Xbox game will get downgraded "upgraded" to that broken mobile port with an update? Along with the removed songs and so on?

Well, I want to play San Andreas with achievements on Xbox One, but the original version, not that broken piece of crap which is nothing but a lazy mobile port.

Edited by lil weasel

ROCKSTAR MANIC

I really hope its both versions. 360 is a broken clusterf*ck of a mess. Im excited..

Jack Lupino

Xbox 360 version is bad looking they made the game so bright and colourful that it exposed the poor quality texture.

Not to mention the characters skin looks oily af.

In mobile it was ok but will look bad on giant screen.The original version on ps2 looks way better.

Edited by Jack Lupino

lil weasel

That is because it was made for the small screen. I played it on a 6 inch colour portable TV.

The newer games require a 60 inch to be able to read the tiny instructions that the programers hide.

SanLiberty

Am I the only one who actually likes the HD Xbox 360 Mobile PS3 version?

Lucasddst
On 6/2/2018 at 12:19 PM, SanLiberty said:

Am I the only one who actually likes the HD Xbox 360 Mobile PS3 version?

I like it too. They can have some bugs on the radio files since every GTA game have songs cuts in they 10th aniversary, (just remember what happening to GTA IV last month), but is better than nothing

gts.

June 7? Interesting, it will be released in the anniversary of the PC and Xbox versions.

bulldog385

Anyone Able to install it on the One yet? I cant find any info on what time it's supposed to go Live? … 

Mastah

Apparently it's available right now, but not for me, unfortunately. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

AwesomO4000

So i just put in my OG Xbox Disk and it automatically updated to the Xbox 360 mobile port. So it seems we can't actually play the OG Xbox version like we were lead to believe. I really hate R* games anymore. -_-

Big_Smiley
1 hour ago, Awesom-0 said:

So i just put in my OG Xbox Disk and it automatically updated to the Xbox 360 mobile port. So it seems we can't actually play the OG Xbox version like we were lead to believe. I really hate R* games anymore. -_-

I knew it was too good to be true.. For various reasons on R* side. Some Users from other sites analized this issue that it wasn't going to be the original ports. To good to be true. Welp guess I'll go back to playing my OG xbox version back on my 360. Cause I ain't having this crap version on my Xbox one s :yawn: lol.

Edited by Big_Smiley

AwesomO4000
24 minutes ago, Big_Smiley said:

I knew it was too good to be true.. For various reasons on R* side. Some Users from other sites analized this issue that it wasn't going to be the original ports. To good to be true. Welp guess I'll go back play my OG xbox version back on my 360. Cause I ain't having this crap version on my Xbox one s :yawn: lol.

Yeah, i would do the same, but for some reason, i have really bad rendering issues in the OG Xbox version on my Xbox 360. with extremely blurry textures when i drive a fast vehicle, and enture chunks of the map not loading when i fly a plane. I wish i knew how to solve that issue because i really would rather play that instead of that mobile port.

George Costanza

R* was probably too lazy to cut the music in xbox original version so they went with the mobile version. Which is funny because that version is already wrapped/emulated mobile version. Emulationception :D

1 minute ago, Awesom-0 said:

and enture chunks of the map not loading when i fly a plane.

Sounds like scratched disc or bad disc drive, you could try to go to some shops where they can profesionally clean the disc.

ThirteenAG
7 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

R* was probably too lazy to cut the music in xbox original version so they went with the mobile version.

Entire trilogy is on playstation store for PS4, except stories. I don't think they have any obstacles to bring all 3 games to xbox back compat, but that thing works in mysterious ways.

George Costanza
48 minutes ago, ThirteenAG said:

Entire trilogy is on playstation store for PS4, except stories. I don't think they have any obstacles to bring all 3 games to xbox back compat, but that thing works in mysterious ways. 

yes. but they already had the x360 version ready. Cutting the soundtrack on xbox original version would mean extra work. And PS4 is not backwards compatible with PS3 so they must have gone with PS2 versions (and iirc they already have cut soundtrack for VC there, since III hasnt got any cuts after PC original release in 2002)

HisMastersReview

Hello everyone I found a way to get it on XBOX ONE. Download the Xbox App and then go to the store and search it from there :) then press play on Xbox one and it will finally open in the store. For some reason it made me buy it again but it' worth £7. You guys might not have to buy it again 

Big_Smiley
1 hour ago, HisMastersReview said:

Hello everyone I found a way to get it on XBOX ONE. Download the Xbox App and then go to the store and search it from there :) then press play on Xbox one and it will finally open in the store. For some reason it made me buy it again but it' worth £7. You guys might not have to buy it again 

I'm glad R* made it backwards compatible for Xbox one, just bummed that It's the mobile port :/ Whatever though. Still the same SA but with some flaws....

Maxx1013

A couple of years ago I bought SA and Midnight Club LA at the same time. Today I downloaded MCLA on my Xbox One with no problems and I played it for about an hour but SA isn't showing up in my ready to install list and when I go to the store it doesn't show as owned and if I download it from there and try to play it I get told to put in the disc or buy the game. I own this game I even put my 360 on and played it on there. Is there anything I can do or do I have to buy it again?

Lucasddst

Let's explain some points:

-Everybody who's owned a digital copy of the game can't install the game in your own locations on the ready to install

-Even if you owned a digitally, if you go in the store page of the game, the xbox live don't recognized that you already purchase the game on the X360. They just recognize if you put your console on gemarny location

-The germany version of the game had censored things that I think you all know that: you can't beat people falling on the floor, kick and punch cars and can't explode heads with a headshot

-if you are playing the german game and save, if in a nearly future the things gonna fix it and you re-download the game of you location, if you loading a german save, your game gonna turn censored and you gonna need delete/subwrite the german save to back to normal and you only do that if you closing and open your normal game and started a new game

-if you have a fisical copy, you can normally play without problem, but just remember that are differences between the digital and the fisical copy: the digital copy dosn't had an option to deseable the auto-climb and the fisical copy has the option. The fisical copy have a terrible bug that freezing the game on the screen of the plane school tv

George Costanza

i have doubts that physical and digital versions would be different, especially on xbone, where it must be downloaded anyway

Thorpe

So my digital version is available and now the trilogy disc version finally does get recognized as backwards compatible. There are different downloads at 2.6 GB each so they're most likely the same game worldwide. Normally you get the game that matches the disc content and region but in this case they've linked all to the Xbox 360 versions, probably to save the effort of removing content from the Xbox Original version. This is what the technical title reads on them (hold down LB+RB+VIEW+MENU on the game tile in my games & apps):

• GrandTheftAu545408B8-GAMDISCWW_1.0.1802.40714_x64 (trilogy disc)
  • GTASanAndreas545408B8-GAM1_1.0.1802.40714_x64 (Xbox 360 digital version)

Also the issues are still there, including this very annoying graphics bug (never happens on PS3 version):

I can't believe they never patched this originally. It happens most of the time in vigilante missions but not limited to that. 

Edited by Thorpe

AwesomO4000

^^ And this is exactly why i didn't want the xbox 360 version. It's full of game breaking glitches like that, and R* never put out a patch to fix any of them. I'm still mad at R* for even selling a game in that condition. 

Not to mention the audio cuts during cutscenes, the game used to crash when i launched the Sweets Girl mission, The Jetpack sucks because you can no longer aim your gun while using it, the cars constantly bounce when you drive, and the radio is constantly skipping songs.

I have heard that the Physical version is more stable, though.

Edited by Awesom-0

Thorpe

It is ridiculous they never acknowledged this issue. I cannot go about on a high wanted level for too long without seeing this (used to think it happened on specific 360 models). It is almost guaranteed to occur in vigilante with the tank. I don't have the physical Xbox 360 DVD but I wouldn't expect it to be any different.

I also had the audio cuts in the cutscenes but I could deal with that. 

Mastah

They just don't support single player anymore. BAWSAQ in GTA V is broken for last 2 or so years and they couldn't be bothered to fix it, because Shark Cards are the only things that matter.

This San Andreas port is simply horrible and they should be ashamed it even exists. From awful graphics to awful controls (digital triggers, seriously?) to awful bugs and glitches. It shows what a farce quality control is.

gta_game45

That sucks. I guess that's why I can't get gang members into my car 

gta_game45

Just want to say before I log out; do not buy this game. It doesn't save after the Catalyst mission. Broken mess. I actively encourage everyone to just report the bad product in the Xbox store and save your ten dollars. Rockstar is so frustrating. 

The best part is, I can't even leave a 1 star review on Xbox...seems like they blocked negative reviews under 3 stars or something...

Big_Smiley
5 hours ago, gta_game45 said:

Just want to say before I log out; do not buy this game. It doesn't save after the Catalyst mission. Broken mess. I actively encourage everyone to just report the bad product in the Xbox store and save your ten dollars. Rockstar is so frustrating. 

The best part is, I can't even leave a 1 star review on Xbox...seems like they blocked negative reviews under 3 stars or something...

Lmao, Don't even tell me. It's not possible that this Xbone version is worse than the acutal disc version of the games. Though i always heard that the digital HD version of  SA was a lot more buggy compared to the disc version.  Now you even can't save during the Catalyst mission?? Lol at the irony :wtf:.  F*ckin R*, anything for money huh? :r*:

Edited by Big_Smiley

ThirteenAG

But have anyone actually tried to report those issues to R* support? What do they say?

AwesomO4000

^^ Yes. Three years ago, back when it was released. 

They never have patched it, and they never will.

gta_game45
7 hours ago, ThirteenAG said:

But have anyone actually tried to report those issues to R* support? What do they say?

I could try it later today, however  based on past experiences they are pretty terrible to deal with. They just give ya a copy and paste answer. Phone support is even worse.