Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,039 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Spider-Vice

Rockstar Releasing MCLA, GTA SA and Table Tennis on Xbox One BC!

Spider-Vice

Interesting announcement from R* today, revealing that Midnight Club LA, GTA San Andreas and Table Tennis will be available on Xbox One's backwards compatible program starting next Thursday, 7th June! 

In the case of San Andreas, BOTH the remastered version and the classic Xbox version will be available to play, which is great for the ones who want the original experience instead of the remastered experience!

Check out the announcement here.

uNi

That's great, will definitely give SA a go.

Pumpkin Zone

I'm really happy about this, I hope that somehow we get VC/3 on Xbox One as well .. but anyway.

So glad that it's not just that butchered 360 version of San Andreas that's just a shoddy port of the iPhone version that re-mapped a phone touch screen controls back onto a console controller, leaving in annoying quirks like CJ automatically climbing walls that you barely get near. Never played the original Xbox version, with its enhanced graphics and wheels and reflections and whatever else they touted back when it came out on the system.. so I'm more than content with that.

And you can't forget Table Tennis.

Am Shaegar

Xbox version of GTA SA is actually better than PS2 though as subjective it maybe, I am happy to see Rockstar still continues to give love to this legebdary, classic GTA 😊🤗

Spider-Vice
5 minutes ago, Pumpkin Zone said:

Never played the original Xbox version, with its enhanced graphics and wheels and reflections and whatever else they touted back when it came out on the system.. so I'm more than content with that.

If you played GTA SA on PC, it looks exactly the same. It was quite an upgrade from the PS2 still!

skyfamster

NO 。original version is not available  .xbox disc is used to active the download, they are all digital! @Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, skyfamster said:

NO 。original version is not available  .xbox disc is used to active the download, they are all digital! @Spider-Vice

Both the original Xbox release and the Xbox 360 version of San Andreas will be backward compatible. 

The original version is still available regardless.

Edit: Actually I think you're right. Bit of bad wording there from them. Looks like everyone with both discs will get the updated version. Ugh.

Edited by Spider-Vice

skyfamster

I doubt that

Riqitch8
Posted (edited)

Great, that's the chance of a 10 year anniversary celebration/remaster for MC:LA gone down the sh*tter. /s

But seriously, I am happy that these titles are getting recognition and giving us all a chance to play them once again. I hope MC:LA gets the same treatment for PS4.

Edited by Riqitch8

Pumpkin Zone
Posted (edited)

Both the original Xbox release and the Xbox 360 version of San Andreas will be backward compatible. Save games from the original Xbox version will not transfer, however owners of that version will get the upgraded Xbox 360 version of the game, featuring higher resolution, enhanced draw distances, and Achievements.

No, I'm pretty sure it will be a Xbox Original release as well. They're saying that you get the 360 version for free if you own the original Xbox version, as it was purchasable on the 360 as well. And the same thing happened to owners of the Xbox Original version of SA on 360 when they released the updated version, they were given it for free.

If I am wrong and 360 ver is mandatory, I will be very miffed.

Edited by Pumpkin Zone

IG_

When previous gen games want to make you get a current gen console. LOL

SanLiberty
Posted (edited)

Great! Just need to buy GTA SA for Xbox 360...

Edited by SanLiberty

Nico

God, I still remember how much I wanted to play MC:LA when it came out, and nearly ten years later I still haven't got the chance to do so. Never owned any of the consoles that support it. To be honest, I don't really care much about Midnight Club anymore, but I would like to play its final rendition someday. Laugh at me if you want but MC3 was the only game I ever completed on a console. That should tell you how much of a PC guy I am.

Maxx1013

I'm really happy about this I have been wanting to finish SA but hate my crappy 360 controller. Glad I bought Midnight Club a couple of years ago when it was on sale.

Ash_735

Hopefully Table Tennis and Midnight Club LA get X One patches too. San Andreas "Remastered" can die in a fire and no one should buy that disgrace of a version of the game seeing as it's just an emulation of the Mobile version with glorious low bitrate Mono MP3 audio.

mombo2811
10 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Hopefully Table Tennis and Midnight Club LA get X One patches too. San Andreas "Remastered" can die in a fire and no one should buy that disgrace of a version of the game seeing as it's just an emulation of the Mobile version with glorious low bitrate Mono MP3 audio.

But that would take too much effort  HA HA rockstar laughing 

Ash_735
37 minutes ago, mombo2811 said:

But that would take too much effort  HA HA rockstar laughing 

Luckily X1 patches are done by Microsoft and then get approved by the Devs, Red Dead Redemptions X1 patch had zero input from Rockstar Games yet it made it the best version of the game out there.

mombo2811
3 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Luckily X1 patches are done by Microsoft and then get approved by the Devs, Red Dead Redemptions X1 patch had zero input from Rockstar Games yet it made it the best version of the game out there.

Ok didnt know...

Im hoping for the same, RDR patch was awesome almost became a different game imo..

ROCKSTAR MANIC
18 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

I really hope its the OG version, but I just have that feeling its the "remastered" version.  f*cking licensing, I hope I wrong though.

ThirteenAG

Downloaded MCLA, graphics is still rough on Xbox One S. Red Dead Redemption looks like next gen on the same console. Performance is not flawless unfortunately, but I'd say better than x360.

LcTyCuSm.jpg  Ue9KukIm.jpg  KWYCXFrm.jpg

Pumpkin Zone
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'm able to download Midnight Club but no sight of GTA:SA yet. I've been refreshing my store.

I got Table Tennis on disc, haven't popped it in to check though.

edit: the 360 version of San Andreas finally appeared on the store (not in my ready to download), although currently trying to charge me even though I already own it (so something's going on with them flipping the switch on SA fully).

Doing a bit more digging, I'm pretty sure despite what Rockstar implied through their announcement the 360 version of SA is all we're getting.

Edited by Pumpkin Zone

hugh750

today i was able to play midnight club la on xbox one s, it was one of my favorite games on 360.

i had to try and remember some of the controls for the game since i had to repurchase the game (i no longer have a 360 or my previous copy of the game).