Starfield (Bethesda Game Studios)

Typhus

Yea my burning questions would be about exploration for sure. How many planets, how big are the areas on the planets we can explore, how many hub worlds etc. Also interested in the companions here, how many we can have travel with us on our ship, how many we can take out for exploration/combat. Would be dope if we can sort of create our own Firefly/Expanse-esque crew on our ship.

Ship customisation will also be interesting, do we have one ship we upgrade or are there multiple classes of ships we can have?

TOMORROW!!! Definitely can't wait. Finally another game worth being hyped about. Also building my next PC right before this comes out.

As far as my expectations? A little better than Fallout 4 is fine by me, and from what we've seen so far, it looks much better.

Going to try my hardest to not watch any extended gameplay after this week. There's a point where things get spoiled, so I think this week is as far as I go.

• Like 1

Failed Again

I also am excited for this, Bethesda makes games that are really fun, and engaging.

Playing ESO, for the last month. The shear amount of content is amazing, really hope we get a good start on Starfield🤞

FO76 started badly yet they managed to redeem themselves ...16x the effort.😀

Edited by Failed Again

Mexicola9302

Im pretty sure the game will have many many many DLC's with new planets to explore over time. I mean this is Todd Howards baby since a long time, i hardly believe it won't have continued support for a long time.

I really wonder if our system (Sol) will be in the game, or we are only able to travel to made up fantasy systems. It would be great being able to travel from earth to moon and mars and check out other planets in our system.

Im really excited for this game, hopefully it's not so dissapointing like Cyberpunk was, even tho i like Cyberpunk i expected more of the game.

And the best part will be, it will be moddable by the Nexus community and others, because it uses the same old engine just a bit modernized like Fallout and Skyrim.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Like 1

CPU: i7-4930K @ 4,2 GHZ Level 3 Cache: 12MB (6 Cores)
GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ (Quad Channel)
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme 4
Harddrive: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Rapid Mode Activated)
Powersupply: be quiet! POWER ZONE 850W

ITSUMANGAMING
4 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I really wonder if our system (Sol) will be in the game, or we are only able to travel to made up fantasy systems. It would be great being able to travel from earth to moon and mars and check out other planets in our system

I think it may be a combination of real and made up star systems. The United Colonies is based on Alpha Centauri which is the closest star system to ours. And if the settled systems which could be the playable area in the game is 40-50 light years across then it should be there. 

I wonder how they will treat our solar system/Earth if it is there, will they make it like it is sacred because of being the origin of humanity or will they treat it as just another star/planet? Some science fiction stories have Earth as destroyed/rendered uninhabitable due to nuclear war or whatever, wonder if they will go with the Earth is uninhabitable route. 

• Like 1

JP0cYXG.png

AndyGanteks

Well damn, now that is a proper next-gen opener!

Well consider me hyped. 

• Best Bru 1

R2z2IPX.png

Failed Again

Wonderful Show....

I love the clean interface on Starfield, so easy to read 

This for me was the Best Game show I have ever viewed

Edited by Failed Again

Was very impressed, let the wait begin.

• Like 2

Mexicola9302

Nevermind...

Edited by Mexicola9302

GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)

Grichka Bogdanoff

No thanks, I won't pay money to "play" another bug-riddled shallow boring piece of sh*t by Bethesda.

The flying and random exploring could be nice if the planets don't look as boring as the usual mapcrafting by Bethesda is, so it might be worth pirating after a few years when community patches have been released, as long as modding isn't locked behind an even stricter paywall.

• WTF?! 2

I had grounded but high expectations based on Skyrim/FO4, but I think they may have surpassed them especially with the ship customisation which I did not expect.

I am absolutely f*cking in.

Mexicola9302

It's also the first time, the facial expressions look good.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 6:10 PM, Mister Pink said:

If they have 6-8 explorable planets, I'd be delighted. That might be asking too much though.

It seems Todd was in a very generous mood when making this game.

R2z2IPX.png

Adam Jensen

Mods for this game are going to surpass everything we've seen so far in a Bethesda game. Think about it. You can have an entire planet or a system as a mod now. Not to mention all the ship mods. Everything from The Enterprise to a penis shaped ships will be available to download.

Mexicola9302

The game didn't look like it has Raytracing, but i seriously hope it uses DX12 API and has DLSS. If it had Raytracing that would have been mentioned.

22 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

Mods for this game are going to surpass everything we've seen so far in a Bethesda game. Think about it. You can have an entire planet or a system as a mod now. Not to mention all the ship mods. Everything from The Enterprise to a penis shaped ships will be available to download.

Yea the modding capabilities will be insane for sure.

Obviously they're using procedural generation for the majority of the planets, so I imagine we'll see modders go wild in filling those planets out. Might be part of the reason why Bethesda made so many?

SpaceBeagle

Everything looks & feels fantastic!

... things that are unknown and not shown, for now, are landing & taking off in person (so it could be just automatic/animation from space to planet), flying around planet (again, maybe we just place waypoint and ship jump there via animation), and is there some driving & ground vehicles 🤔.

I really hope these elements are in the game to make full experience, but it is also possible that these things are still not fully finished & buggy... but will see in next months 🙂

I'm now more hyped for this than any game before it. Not one other game shown was even 1% interesting though. Aside from Starfield, the whole thing was absolute garbage.

No Goldeneye, Perfect Dark or Banjo at least? I did think for a minute there we were going to see Silent Hill, then nothing...

I do have to say though, Starfield made up for the whole thing by 1000x!

OysterBarron

Just watched it..... take me.

• Like 1

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Lock n' Stock

Looks pretty good. Combat doesn't look much refined from Fallout 4 (minus space combat, which I'm amazed they got working in Gamebryo/Creation Engine at all) and it looks to have the typical Bethesda jank in places, but I like the aesthetics, world/art design and overall sense of scale. Settlement/spaceship building looks cool as well, even if I don't care for that stuff much.

I'm VERY skeptical about the "1000 planets" claim tho. Quintessential Todd.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

Combat looks like an improved take on FO4's, it's not gonna be a great shooter but Beth games are never particularly great at any one thing, it's why I had some very grounded expectations with what to expect cause there's always gonna be jank and of course bugs but the structure of Bethesda RPG's is so different to the theme park RPG's we typically get. As a result, what I saw today exceeded my expectations. The gameplay is about the level I'd expect, but the systems at play go further than I expected. I doubt they'll all be super in depth but I really am looking forward to building a ship and crew of my own.

1 hour ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I'm VERY skeptical about the "1000 planets" claim tho. Quintessential Todd.

The amount of planets he says isn't hard to do, it's in fact trivial to do especially for a studio like Bethesda using procedural generation.

The question is what is there actually to do out there on what'll probably be the 99% of planets that they didn't handcraft. Is there stuff out there on the procedurally generated planets to do beyond them being places to farm resources and build a base? I... doubt it my self, but I'm not mad about that, honestly. As long as there's a good amount of handcrafted places to explore than having a whole load of procedurally generated planets to explore isn't a bad thing for me, it'll give me plenty of options for bases and things like that.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Mexicola9302

I think the 1000 almost empty unexplored planets are made for modders, so it's easier to just put some stuff on it. I mean of course they can also add some caves, and do "terraforming" with the planets.

"This mods adds a little city on planet XYZ, it adds new clothing, weapons, quests, alien monsters and more. Just travel to system XYZ to planet XYZ to start the mod"

Could be a pseudo mod description.

Im pretty sure the modders will do crazy stuff with this game.

• Like 2

I have to say the combat looks rather underwhelming based on what they've shown so far. I also feel like the 1.000 fully explorable planets is too much and is going to bring the game down. It's a safe bet it'll be procedurally generated. It's giving me the Preston Garvey quests from FO4 vibe, copy pasted mission objectives in copy pasted environments. I love for Bethesda to prove me wrong.

Besides those two points it's looking really interesting. I'm not fully onboard the hype train yet but I will be keeping my eye on this game. I had to pause the video a few times during the character creation menus, seems like there'll be some fun builds to roleplay with. It looks like Bethesda took a note from Obsidian on how to improve the RPG elements of their games. 

• Like 1

Mister Pink

Well, the trailer blew me away. My expectations were grounded too so this is just phenomenal. 

The biggest criticism I see is related to 1000 planets. For me, again, it's about having the right expectations. 1000 planets is really just to give a sense of size and space, IMO. Space is extremely uninhabitable and f*cking massive. So, I expect these planets to be baron but beautiful. You can probably mine them, use them to build settlements, use them to take photos and try find interesting landscapes etc. I'm sure there will be Bethesda-style fetch missions that take you to odd planets where you might encounter hostile life or even hostile environments. Having 1000 planets is the space equivalent of GTA having ocean, desert and countryside. It doesn't take away from the city and the inhabited areas. It only adds a sense of size, scale and realism. 

The biggest advantage I can see out of having 1000 planets are two things; 

1. 1. It's not No Man's Sky where it seems infinitely procedurally generated and in a sense too big. 100 systems and 1000 planets is very finite. And for a Bethesda game where people spend a lot of time in those worlds, the chance that two people will have explored the same system and planets is actually more realistic. However, 1000 planets makes me think that I might see something that nobody else will or very few people will depending on how much I look. 
  2. . Finding a planet that has a very unique environment that is a perfect place you want to build one or more settlements on. Baron planets will be or can be resource rich. Whereas planets in the goldilocks zone with existing life, may not be. So, finding a planet that is relatively safe, full of resources and accessible to places you want to travel will be a game and challenge in and of itself. 

If you only ever visit 100 planets through the life-span of your playthrough that's fine. You may also just visit planets in the Goldilocks zone - planets with life. But knowing there are 900 other planets out there is f*cking cool. And knowing that on a second playthrough you can make it your goal to try only visit systems to didn't visit the first time around. 

This game was my number 1 most looked forward to game and I think now it might already be my future favourite game. It's looks incredible. I love all character creation stuff, the realistic art direction, the tidy, minimal UI. Everything about this I love so far. 

FVEsvxUVsAAgoS6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FVEsvxTUUAAGWxt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FVFHKO1X0AM4c31?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FVFHLv4WAAsJDRv?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FVEr1TAXwAMaEpC?format=jpg&name=large

FVEr1S9XsAMzRhJ?format=jpg&name=large

FVFQEJUWYAY1RUu?format=jpg&name=large

FVEsvxTVEAEVO56?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Mexicola9302

Yeah after watching the gameplay reveal again, this time in real 4K, im really amazed by the graphics. I mean the textures look nice and sharp, and in general it just looks good, well for a Bethesda game.

But i got a bad feeling about the 1000 empty planets, it might be a "Preston Garvey" 2.0 situation, "another outpost needs your help, i'll make it on your map". Im pretty sure something like this will happen, with a lot of pointless fetch quests.

But i mean how else should the radiant quests be done, there are only so many possibilities, destroy hostile spaceships, defend outpost, build outpost somewhere for XP, recruit that new crew member. Fetch this, fetch that bring it to X, bring it to Y etc.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

GTA3Rockstar
16 hours ago, Grichka Bogdanoff said:

No thanks, I won't pay money to "play" another bug-riddled shallow boring piece of sh*t by Bethesda.

The flying and random exploring could be nice if the planets don't look as boring as the usual mapcrafting by Bethesda is, so it might be worth pirating after a few years when community patches have been released, as long as modding isn't locked behind an even stricter paywall.

Grichka? more like Grouchka lol

fbeRElG.png

it looked interesting, but not that "wow-effect" i expected (buy who am i to judge, its free on gamepass day one, very nice)

i am just curious ... many games seem to release in the first half of 2023 or early 2023 ... what happened to holiday 2022? microsoft/xbox dont want to make money during the holiday season? what big AAA titles are left for the christmas time?

• Like 1

ITSUMANGAMING

No Mans Skyrim is looking to have some great terrain so far (credits to u/Variv )

4bitx4ymo8591.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

There was a snowy region too

I hope the populated areas like cities and town feel bustling and are hubs of activity too

Wonder if/how things like differing gravity, radiation will play out, I've never played a space based game so idk how it goes. I saw a screenshot of a zero gravity gunfight on reddit that seemed cool af

Constellation searching for pieces of an artifact gives me Assassins creed vibes heh. Why are they the so called last explorers of space too I didnt understand that

Born too late to explore the earth. Born too early to explore the universe. Born at the right time to explore the Starfield 

JP0cYXG.png

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.