Starfield (Bethesda Game Studios)

Typhus

ITSUMANGAMING

I don't know if I want to watch this or not 👀 to give in or go fresh 👀

Won't be playing anytime soon but still

What are the chances of TES VI information if only just the name of the game? 

JP0cYXG.png

2 hours ago, AkshayKumar said:

I don't know if I want to watch this or not 👀 to give in or go fresh 👀

Won't be playing anytime soon but still

What are the chances of TES VI information if only just the name of the game? 

I always avoid these to go in blind. If I know I want to play a game, I always avoid watching pre-release videos. Anyways, I will probably pick the game up 2-3 years from now as my backlog is still big. 

• Like 1

I'll be watching the event and everything in it, but with Starfield I think that'll be all I watch pre-release I think.

• Realistic Steak! 1

dante財閥

I'll be trying my best to avoid it, whether that's a successful endeavor or not is another question. I'm a complete hype junkie for gaming reveals, conventions etc.

• Like 1

Mister Pink

I think official trailers and gameplay is fine for me. What I will avoid is every minute detail dissected and speculated upon by third parties. Looking back 10 years ago in the Skyrim thread there was a lot of information leaked regarding classes/factions and skills and that's the kind of stuff i want to avoid. Also the speculation that will hype features that may or may not even make it into the game. 

But seeing the world, what it looks like will be huge for my imagination. For me it wont feel like spoiling it as I think Bethesda are very sensitive to the fact that they don't want to over-reveal. What they show will be very surface stuff. I will miss details and take it at face value. It's the guys that do deep-drives and frame by frame analysis that will spoil things for me. 

• Like 1

Mexicola9302

I will only try to avoid spoilers about the story itself, knowing stuff about the skills or weapons or seeing how the worlds (plural nice) look is no problem.

I didn't spoiler myself Skyrim, tbh i didn't even had that game on the radar when it was first released, i didn't play Oblivion but i played a lot of Morrowind. If i remember correctly i played Skyrim like 3 months after it got released or something. I played a lot Fallout New Vegas back then, and didn't notice Skyrim got released, and i had no idea what the game was about, when i first played Skyrim. I also played a lot of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and GTA IV, so yeah i missed the release of Skyrim lol.

How great the games were back then, compared to today's games.

• Like 1

CPU: i7-4930K @ 4,2 GHZ Level 3 Cache: 12MB (6 Cores)
GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ (Quad Channel)
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme 4
Harddrive: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Rapid Mode Activated)
Powersupply: be quiet! POWER ZONE 850W

Mister Pink
1 hour ago, Mexicola9302 said:

I will only try to avoid spoilers about the story itself, knowing stuff about the skills or weapons or seeing how the worlds (plural nice) look is no problem.

I didn't spoiler myself Skyrim, tbh i didn't even had that game on the radar when it was first released, i didn't play Oblivion but i played a lot of Morrowind. If i remember correctly i played Skyrim like 3 months after it got released or something. I played a lot Fallout New Vegas back then, and didn't notice Skyrim got released, and i had no idea what the game was about, when i first played Skyrim. I also played a lot of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and GTA IV, so yeah i missed the release of Skyrim lol.

How great the games were back then, compared to today's games.

Yeah Skyrim was new to me as not only a genre (open-world RPG/Action) but as a series in general so I went in completely blind. I saw some screenshots and at the time I was a pure GTA head but not a very rounded gamer. I loved what I liked but knew feck-all about anything else. Fallout was the same. Fallout was word of mouth to me. I literally was drinking alcohol with an old buddy outdoors and he told me about it. It sounded bonkers and although I had seen screenshots, I didn't understand what it was or anything. I hadn't a clue. The setting looked off-putting because I preferred more realistic settings like GTA. I didn't really like sci-fi or fantasy. I had no experience with it. Skyrim, I saw some screenshots and it kind of clicked. I borrowed Skyrim from work when I worked for Xbox support. And I didn't even play it deeply.. I was still a very casual gamer.  I did more Skyrim playing more recently for the legendary edition. 

I'm obviously familiar now with Bethesda games, generally speaking, so I have some expectations of how Starfield will play etc. It will never be as truly raw going in as I was Fallout 3 or Skyrim. However, it being a new IP, a new world and Howard's hinting at doing more traditional RPG stuff is exciting. I know to many, Fallout 3 and 4 aren't "real RPG's" but to me, there is choice in both titles I loved. I got a taste for it. And if Howard wants to return to a more classic role-playing system with modern twist that's great. 

For me, these games speak to me mostly because of the amount of unique content. Roleplaying is great, but the exploration, discovery of new places, dark and twisted humour, and little details and pictures painted withing the world that really engage me. 

• Like 2

ITSUMANGAMING

It'll be good to see humanity in its prime in Starfield. In the other Bethesda series' it's either humans in a bleak post doomsday scenario or a fantastical medieval like time period. Starfield will look the closest to how civilisation is now, like a more advanced but still relatable version. So looking forward to seeing how a relatively more grounded in reality Bethesda game will go. 

• Like 4

JP0cYXG.png

Mexicola9302
3 hours ago, AkshayKumar said:

It'll be good to see humanity in its prime in Starfield. In the other Bethesda series' it's either humans in a bleak post doomsday scenario or a fantastical medieval like time period. Starfield will look the closest to how civilisation is now, like a more advanced but still relatable version. So looking forward to seeing how a relatively more grounded in reality Bethesda game will go. 

Yes it will be exciting to see that, finally an open world sci-fi game made by Bethesda, without a nuclear war that happened before you start the game.

Im pretty sure Starfield will feel like a mix of Fallout and Mass Effect, but without the radiation and all that. Gameplay wise like Fallout, being able to pick up everything, customize weapons and armor, join different factions, the shooting will probably feel like in Fallout, but the worlds are Mass Effect like, with travelling from planet to planet. Maybe we got shields like in Mass Effect or Halo too, it would make sense. But i hope it's not only laser or plasma or whatever sci-fi weapons, and there are simple weapons that shoot regular bullets too in the game.

If it's well done, it could be my dreamgame, i wanted something like that since i started playing videogames. The best part of it, it will be modable like all previous Bethesda games, i mean imagine what could be possible, even lore wise it would make much more sense having a complete new world in it then. Modders could just add complete planets, if you think about it, damn that's awesome.

But i try not to get overhyped, i don't wanna get dissapointed by it like Cyberpunk did. Sure Cyberpunk is great, but it just isn't what i was expecting.

GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)

dante財閥
17 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

I think official trailers and gameplay is fine for me. What I will avoid is every minute detail dissected and speculated upon by third parties. Looking back 10 years ago in the Skyrim thread there was a lot of information leaked regarding classes/factions and skills and that's the kind of stuff i want to avoid. Also the speculation that will hype features that may or may not even make it into the game. 

But seeing the world, what it looks like will be huge for my imagination. For me it wont feel like spoiling it as I think Bethesda are very sensitive to the fact that they don't want to over-reveal. What they show will be very surface stuff. I will miss details and take it at face value. It's the guys that do deep-drives and frame by frame analysis that will spoil things for me. 

In all honesty, I can't even fathom trailers for certain things. Like, would you believe me if I told you I still haven't seen a significant piece of Elden Ring game play? I'm absolutely determined to start playing that game on my own terms when I have the time. 

I've seen small flashes of the game here and there but by and large it's still a mystery to me. I think this is close to what I'll aim for with Starfield.

We'll see if this Starfield showcase is lengthy enough for me to make my mind up if i do watch anything else gameplay related pre-release.

So far though, the episodes they've brought out have been a good watch to fill the gap between now and the showcase.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Failed Again

I look forward to the Preston Gavin, Minutemen Rocket force,👀

Mister Pink
On 5/3/2022 at 2:50 PM, dante財閥 said:

In all honesty, I can't even fathom trailers for certain things.

I wish my resolve was as strong as yours. :D 

The thing is I love viewing the concept art as that's quite inspiring for the imagination without spoiling a lot. In fact, I don't think I'd be mad if Bethesda only released concept art until release. It would be bold and very suspicious to most people but it would mean most people could go in really blind. 

The reason I love screens and concept art is to spark the imagination. I love the anticipation of knowing I'll explore a new world. Some concept art does it for me but as it's official, I'm happy to allow myself trailers. 

• Like 1

GTA3Rockstar

This sh*t gets annoying very f*cking fast.

Microsoft has nothing this year

fbeRElG.png

I'd wager every company would want to avoid another Cyberpunk fiasco, especially for their flagship releases.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

dante財閥

Disappointed but let's be honest, no one wants another Cyberpunk debacle. 

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611edad246a6f2de7d858

Rather it be delayed than rushed out of course, but f*ck, that's the one game I was really looking forward to this year delayed.

• Like 1

Mister Pink

This one cuts deep. However, if it minimizes the probability of game-breaking bugs or it's time to add some polish then it will be worth the wait. I was really looking forward to this being my winter game. I don't fancy playing Starfield in the middle of summer when it's sunny and bright out. My first world problems! 😛 

As for no MS games this year, at least we'll have FM8. 

Bit of a sh*tter. This means i can sink more time into Battlebit if it reaches EA later this year.

I think Starfield was the only big title releasing in Nov and for me too it's definitely that time of the year when i can properly sit down and play during the holidays and enjoy during those dark nights, sadge.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Mexicola9302
On 1/18/2022 at 5:28 PM, Mexicola9302 said:

Well we will see on the 11. november, but maybe the game release gets postboned to 2023, i don't trust any release date anymore that is 11 months away. As long as covid is not endemic, everybody can use it as an excuse.

Gonna quote myself here, of course i was right. :D 

GTA3Rockstar

I think for people's sake, they need to stop giving release dates for games until they're 100% certain. Not 98, not 99 ... 100%!

• Like 1

fbeRElG.png

I don't mind, I just want the game to be the best it can be. 

• Realistic Steak! 1

R2z2IPX.png

I wonder when Elder Scrolls VI is will actually release. Probably 2026-'27 at the earliest. I'd say life's pretty good for any Rockstar and Bethesda fan.

suicide-gun.gif

Shadowfennekin

Geez, oh well at least Scarlet/Violet comes out during that timeframe... or at least I hope it does. They haven't revealed ANYTHING since they revealed that game two months ago, usually they've shown off a new Pokemon by now :/

OysterBarron

God damn I hate it when companys start promoting their game with web series and set a release date only to delay it... 

• Like 1

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

• 2 weeks later...
The Time Ranger

Something i'm looking forward to is seeing different cities, towns, outposts etc. Bethesda are great at having a sense of place, each hub areas are unique with their own charm, in Skyrim there's the craggy and corrupt Markarth, while Whiterun is very picturesque with it's different levels and great views of the tundra.

I'm excited to potentially see Bethesdas take on a neon soaked mega city, a bustling spaceport or a remote trading post hidden away in a desolate corner of the galaxy. With the power of current gen the potential for bigger and more detailed city scapes is there, obviously there will be limits, but recently I was watching gameplay footage from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, imagine a single city with the size, density and detail of the Detroit hub world. 

• 2 weeks later...
ITSUMANGAMING

One week to go for possible Starfield gameplay

The settled systems (humanity's influence in space in the game) supposedly extends to about 40-50 light years so I wonder if we can travel to planets in other star systems. Isn't United Colonies based on Alpha Centauri? 

There was this interesting article some months ago by Gamerant which talked about the names of some star systems that might be in the game

The same document from the Into the Starfield video mentions several other star systems which are now being affected by the Crimson Fleet menace. Fleet Admiral Logan states that the Crimson Fleet has “established footholds in the Sagan, Cheyenne, Lunara and Narion systems.” Since it is the pirates’ presence in these systems that appears to have drawn the attention of the United Colonies high command, it seems likely that these four systems are either within the UC’s control and on their borders with the Freestar Collective, or are uncontrolled systems that neighbor UC territory

Around 57 seconds in to the Into the Starfield video, a broad behind-the-scenes look at Starfield’s development, the screen of Bethesda’s design director Emil Pagliarulo is visible. On the screen is what appears to be a draft of an in-universe email, sent by a character named U.C. Fleet Admiral Pascular Logan warning of the threat posed by one of Starfield’s factions, a loosely aligned pirate group named the Crimson Fleet.

The Admiral’s message claims that “pirates of the Crimson Fleet have extended far beyond the Kryx system,” suggesting that the Kryx system will be one of the systems included in the game’s explorable universe. It also suggests that the area may be the heart of the Crimson Fleet’s operations. If nothing else, the email implies that the area is particularly affected by the pirates.

Wonder how many planets will actually be explorable. 

• Like 2

JP0cYXG.png

Mister Pink

We're so close now. 

What do you think we'll see? I want to know how we'll traverse different planets and systems. Will it be like Mass Effect using Relays or will it be procedurally generated with real-time flying? Or, will it be a mix of both as I mention below.  

Here's what I wish for when it comes to traversing: 

• Each world or planet is very spread out. You can manually fly to the places through space and it might take 10mins to reach there (using a hybrid of hyper-speed and cruising) but new worlds only unlocked through story progression. I mean, you might find a habitable planet while just goofing about but it would be highly unlikely, given that space and the universe is so big. So like Skyrim or Fallout, you have to manually "discover" the place first before you can fast-travel back and forth to it. I would like the feeling of size in the game. I want it to feel massive and that traversing a galaxy is a big thing. If travelling through space for 10mins is too boring then gamify it. Collect space-junk resources a long the way. Navigate through meteor clusters without taking ship damage. Defend the ship from hostile pirates or aliens. Mine rocks for minerals along the way. 
  • I think Mass Effect does it really well. but imagine the 2D map of the Normandy cruising around individual solar systems in ME,  is now a 3D endeavor in Starfield. And then traversing galaxies as a big travel best used by Mass-Relay type stations. 

So just imagine Starfield is broken up into solar systems like this below. Mass Effect lets you navigate each system represented in a 2D map and allows to you mine non-accessible planets. Imagine Starfield allows you navigate these systems in 3D. I think that's perfectly manageable and a perfect way to navigate the map. Use Relays between solar systems within the galaxy. But when you arrive at each system you can fly around large swathes of space. This image represents 1 system. 

763098-mass-effect-2-playstation-3-scree

On 6/5/2022 at 1:16 PM, AkshayKumar said:

Wonder how many planets will actually be explorable. 

I wonder too. If they have 6-8 explorable planets, I'd be delighted. That might be asking too much though. 

I would say they have some baron planets with little or no infrastructure that can add to the overall size and feel. I think each system should have a civilization/city you can engage with and explore and also 2 planets that are baron, can be landed on, explored, poached, discovered, mined etc. If we had 6 systems, I'd be happy. I don't know, it might be a little far-fetched. I'm trying to manage my expectations but it's also fun to think wildly. 

Basically copy Mass Effect and turn the 2D actions (mining planets, traversing solar systems) into 3D actions/worlds.

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Best Bru 1

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.