Fallout 76

Ciarán

Archangelsky

No ctd while playing today, the slowdown on the weaponwheel has also been reduced after I capped my FPS to 140.

Archangelsky

A few days ago I started to think that since I am a blackpowder rifleman (not all the time but I like them) I would want to roll a  blackpowder Dragon in order to try to get a : Two-shot/Explosive ammo/ -90% weight reduction. Lo and behold after completing "Fashnact" today I got a 3star Dragon that is : Two-shot/Explosive ammo/ -90% weight reduction dropped as a reward.

I know its just a game but I felt I won the Fallout 76 lottery.

• Like 1

The fasnacht event will always be my favorite event in the whole game. It was the first event I actually engaged in when I started playing the game, so it fills me with nostalgia whenever I play it.

The goofy masks are really fun to play with too.

21133870ac9c04bd708d78087edba1a5.png

cfc98c8e8112d28d528fb7bd1f29ac09.png

314e3dc1824fe8e24e218387196107f1.png

Unrelated to fasnacht but

74b51a79c324724226baf3d3d9cfc2ce.png

this backpack skin makes my jetpack look even more jetpacky. 

• Like 2

Failed Again
3 hours ago, Tacymist said:

The fasnacht event will always be my favorite event in the whole game. It was the first event I actually engaged in when I started playing the game, so it fills me with nostalgia whenever I play it.

The goofy masks are really fun to play with too.

21133870ac9c04bd708d78087edba1a5.png

cfc98c8e8112d28d528fb7bd1f29ac09.png

314e3dc1824fe8e24e218387196107f1.png

Unrelated to fasnacht but

74b51a79c324724226baf3d3d9cfc2ce.png

this backpack skin makes my jetpack look even more jetpacky. 

I love a parade...

was my 1st event also.......

• Like 2

510f3a5bb93be38019c5ee9e907bcb99.png

I finally got the glowing queen mask! I think there's another glowing mask, but this was the one I wanted most. Yay

• Like 2

Failed Again
7 hours ago, Tacymist said:

510f3a5bb93be38019c5ee9e907bcb99.png

I finally got the glowing queen mask! I think there's another glowing mask, but this was the one I wanted most. Yay

Which one is you?

😁

• 3 weeks later...
Tacymist

C5nO5Ox.png

My fellow Appalachians, less than 2 weeks until the new season WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I can't wait to try out the changes they did to expeditions. 

• Like 2

Archangelsky

I am a little burnt out by the game but I will see how the new season and changes are.

Finally purchased the secret service armor from Minerva yesterday (not the helmet), I suppose I can scrip all my other non power armor now, I have quite alot that I have been changing between until I got the Secret Service armor, I have not craftet it yet though.

• Like 1

smokeless6

Power armor's not my jam. I have several suits, although the Hellcat is what I usually wear when I do, which to be honest is only for Scorched Earth. Very rare to wear it aside from this. So keep at least your favorite set for events.

Secret Service is what I wear.  I put the buttressed mod on it. In my view SS armor is not only the best armor in 76, but the best piece of kit in the game. The real superpower it has is how cheap it is to craft. One module for (potentially) three stars is awesome, and allows you the luxury of rolling until you get what you want. It's lightweight and the protection is superb. I have self-heal and radiation removal on mine, but no jetpack. My protection numbers are power armor level. Ballistic and energy are nearly 500, I have poison resistance too. Radiation is just about 320, which is great, but not quite enough for Scorched Earth. The actual numbers depend on which perks I am rocking, and I switch bewtween different ones like Junk Shield, Ricochet and Bodyguards so it varies.

The only bad thing about it is how it looks, like a stormtrooper. But since you can wear clothes over top it's not a big deal. Covert Scout Armor looks far better to me, and I'd lean toward that if not for the clothes over the top thing.

Archangelsky

Yes I will keep my power armors for sure, I have three : T-60, Excavator and Ultracite.

I do not like to wear them so when I wonder around I use normal armor, I only use power armor in Events, daily ops and expeditions, but beside rads then I only use it because my non-power armor has been to weak. So now as I got the Secret service armor I scrap most/all of the other armor I have besides my power armors.

However is it not best to just craft new secret service armor and just scrip the ones you do not want, I mean so no scrip is wasted, can scrip  and use it to get more modules instead or rerolling, getting no scrip and less cores?

smokeless6

Yes, I had misread what you wrote, and you had said non-power armor would be scrip'd. I read it as power armor so disregard that comment.

And yes, now that you have SS, you'll not wear the other ones again, except maybe the stealth suit? Probably not even that. SS is that good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Archangelsky

Still enjoying the game, though I think I prefer the old scoreboard.

This season I will play until rank 100 and probably play something else until the next season is out. I am also on purpose spacing out the remaining questlines I have not done so I can keep the game a little "wider" as long as possible.

smokeless6

I don't mind the change, but the scoreboard isn't something I usually get very far along. I think I've completed one board. I like the tickets and being able to select your rewards, but I won't climb high enough up the ladder to mean much. I play too little to make much progress. The ticket prices are reasonable, but I want so little of what I've unlocked that I'll just be sitting on hundreds of tickets unspent. The only thing I really want are perk coins. But cores, scrip, bullion and that sort of stuff is useful.

Some players are quite put out by the change, but for me it hasn't made much difference.  I have however enjoyed the good mix of events -- Fasnacht, Invaders, Mothman and more are ones you don't see often so that at least mixes it up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
Failed Again

What's coming with the new Map-update

If you prefer to be surprised --maybe  pass...

But if you need inspiration- maybe you never played- this maybe for you.

• Like 2

Jakub1904

How is there no proper quest sharing in this game? It feels like a singleplayer game with some multiplayer elements added in as an afterthought.

smokeless6

Yes, that's pretty much what it is. I often say it is a single player game set in a multiplayer world. Co-op is not it's strength.

I've only played a little bit of it but yea... that's pretty much what it is.

They took Fallout 4 and essentially duct taped multiplayer onto it. It works well in the sense it loads up and, well, works, but it's a bit of a mess beyond that. Laggy too, in my experience, cause despite the fact it's built on FO4 the shooting feels significantly worse. Part of that I think is related to how they handle weapon progression, but part of it is just how delayed it can feel.

It's impressive what they've done with such a Frankenstein game over the years but at the same time it's also made it like a big bowl of spaghetti. If you start a new character today it's an overwhelming mess of quests, some without NPC's and some with, and post-launch systems, mechanics and events that all get thrown in your face and don't guide you well at all.

• 1 month later...
Failed Again
Posted (edited)

If Fallout 76 has a show...'lol

Noted: has a bit of sound mic feedback..

it takes a bit to get going, but is well done a very funny.

Edited by Failed Again