4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ciaran

Fallout 76

luisniko
Posted (edited)

Is it just me or our character now really leaking food and water? The meter drains so fast.

Just PSA, you can get some rare clothing from the Pi House

- Tinfoil hat

- Bottlecap glasses

- VTU jacket and jeans

Listening to the Holotape in Pi House...

Spoiler

... the recipe has a dangerous aftermath. The guy who recorded himself had him and another guy locked in a room with one hand handcuffed to a pole and eventually cut his own hand. Not only that, everyone died in the Pi House after the party as you can tell by the skeletons.

So why tf are we cooking their recipes now??

-------------------------------

Inside the Vault

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/5FHUmuwQCzz21mQ0fKAbKe/inside-the-vault-welcome-to-wild-appalachia?utm_source=Community&utm_medium=Social&sf99892186=1

In case you’ve been stuck in a Vault for the past month, you may not be aware of what’s coming up in this free update over the next several weeks. Here are some tidbits about the first couple of things you can expect to see.

We’ve added a new Brewing and Distilling crafting station to help you become the life of the Appalachian party. We shared some information in a previous article, but now you can experience it yourself starting with the new quest, Wasted on Nukashine.

The Seasonal Event revolving around Helvetia’s Fasnacht Parade helps you chase away the frigid winter and welcome Spring. You can earn unique masks and camp decorations that commemorate your Fasnacht experience.

We’ve touched on Survival Mode, but starting soon you can experience it yourself. Our newest PvP mode will bring new challenges, more competitive gameplay, and leaderboards to show off and earn bragging rights.

Even more quests are coming! We don’t want to spoil anything we have lined up for Wild Appalachia. There’s plenty of exploring to do and mysteries to solve... secrets to uncover. Both Shear Terror and Ever Upwardswill add quests to your log starting in April and May, respectively.

It’s not all quests, events, and modes to come in these rolling updates. Stay on the lookout for upcoming C.A.M.P. Improvements, including the ability to showcase items such as weapons and bobbleheads in display cases and racks. We’re also going to grant you the ability to become the Wasteland’s go-to shop keep with the addition of player vending, and introduce you to the elusive Purveyor, a Legendary Vendor who can help you scrap and exchange your unwanted Legendary items for something fresh.

Edited by luisniko

Skyline_Mad

@luisniko I've heard people on bethesda's forum complaining about the food and drink problem, some say it's the speed demon perk has been updated to only drain whn running, but is now a larger amount than before, so dont run and you'll be fine lol.

I've also heard about a problem with being able to inspect items when trading, didn't think anything of if until i tried to look at a 3 star legendary at a vendor but it didn't have the option to inspect, so i couldn't find out what the other perks were. Hopefully it's a bug and will be fixed.

I'm looking forward to the camp display stuff coming, it will give us a reason to keep bobbleheads instead of selling them, probably best to start collecting them asap, as when the update is released everyone is going to be grinding and server hopping to find them, took me over an hour to find one a couple days ago for a daily challenge, must have searched over 10 locations.

Those unique items at the frat house were not there during any of my visits there, been around 5 or 6 times looking for the vtu outfit, must be because of how many people are visiting there, i'll go back every now and then.

jollythecat

This is great news, I was hoping for a bobble head display, been saving them since I heard about the display items from stash thing.

Also there are a chess board in one of the frat houses, red door I think it was that have chess pieces in the form of mini robots.

The king is a mr.gutsy and the pawn is an eyebot etc. super cute, I hope we can set up a chess board that would be awesome.

And yeah food/drink is draining much faster now, super annoying.

Speed demon is still worth it though.

The vendor thing where you can't inspect items must be a bug, hopefully fixed soon.

Also there is a vtu outfit in both houses, on the top floor in red door and basement in blue door, or the other way around,

I found one at each location just now.

Skyline_Mad
7 minutes ago, jollythecat said:

Also there is a vtu outfit in both houses, on the top floor in red door and basement in blue door, or the other way around,

I found one at each location just now.

Damnit i just joined your world, not gonna find one now haha

luisniko
1 hour ago, Skyline_Mad said:

Those unique items at the frat house were not there during any of my visits there, been around 5 or 6 times looking for the vtu outfit, must be because of how many people are visiting there, i'll go back every now and then.

I found 2 VTU outfits last night. I'll drop one tomorrow for you as usual if you're online.

trip
Posted (edited)

That new quest was too fast.  And was it just me or does Biv(Viv...whatever the robot's name is) have super quiet audio.  Even when I turned off my radio his audio was drowned out by the basic ambient sounds.

It was enjoyable.  Liking the nukashine and the seemingly buff if offers.  Setup my brewing and fermentation stations and expanded my garden now.

xlRk5qH.png

Edited by trip

Skyline_Mad
Posted (edited)

Not sure if it's a bug or not but i've noticed some flora seems brighter, like the firecracker berries seem to be easier to spot, and the flash fern that gives raw violet flux is much blighter and can been seen from quite a fair distance, where as before it was no different than the normal mutated fern.

Also there is a hidden unmarked side quest to find the plans for Quantum X-01 power armor paintjob (from fallout 4s nuka world dlc), along with a nuka grape that reduces rads by 400-1200 depending on if you have the cola nut perk or not.  The problem is, the steps to find the key to get into the new TNT dome 7 requires a lot of luck considering a lot of players are trying to get it now and if you mess up before you get the keys you have to start again on a new server and hope someone else hasn't done it before you. Here is a yt video showing how to get it if anyone wants to try it out, but don't bother if there is someone at the black mountain ordnance works as it probably means someone else has done it already. 

Edit: Turns out there is a nuka cola vendor at whitesprings, that sells the different types of nuka cola, including dark, grape, orange and wild. All this time i thought the 3 main ones were the only ones in the game and this new update added some more haha.

Edited by Skyline_Mad

Anachronistic
Posted (edited)

I agree. The flora is definitely more vibrant. 

As close as I dared. 

jj3p1zI.jpg

WZHGTOu.jpg

cTGieBA.jpg

5Z12WwC.jpg

cEPBY1p.jpg

Edited by Anachronistic

luisniko

They're not joking on buffing the Legendary drop. Just got myself a few 3 Stars from 3 Stars enemies.

The problem is, I don't need what I found so far... 😛 But definitely looking great; I'm expecting to upgrade my Vanguard collection.

Btw, the 'Looking to the Future' pose disappeared :/

jollythecat
Posted (edited)

You don't have to actually craft the normal alcohol for Biv.

I got craft Oak Holler Lager, and spent an hour running around like a headless chicken looking for thistle.

Then I found a bottle at some random house, and when I picked it up the quest said give Oak Holler lager to Biv.

I gave him the bottle I found, and quest complete.

So from now on I'm gonna stash a few of the normal drinks like Blackwater Brew etc.

And Anachronistic, you are not lying when you say you are overencumbered.

736/285. Quite impressive. :)

*edit*

Also I think they stealth patched the food/drink drain, it seems much slower today.

Edited by jollythecat

Chang
On 3/15/2019 at 3:05 AM, trip said:

xlRk5qH.png

Damn, I gotta get me one of them!

As well as that brewing station ;)

Anachronistic
Posted (edited)

@jolly I'm trying to do better. I'm not sure which character I was on at the time, probably my pvp, I might have been carrying a bunch of weapons to sell. I can get her low enough to FT, just need to go to a stash box and grab my heavy weapons for missions. Hoping to get my main to the same. 

Edit: just tried to drop weight on pvp to FT and wasn't able too. I got down to 295 and capacity 220 w but four and whiskey no pocketing. I need to clear out my stash of chems. 

Pushing to 50 on my PvP, thought I would start the story.. I should've waited, at level 44, if I did, I would've had a level 45 (maxed) Somerset Special, not a level 35. Actually nevermind, obviously 3 stars would be better, the only reason to wait to 50 is for a level 50 ultracite PA and to make an excavator once. 

I actually already go a decent level 50 3 star waiting on my pvp, bolstering, o forget what. I guess I'm going to try a bloodied build so no healing factor for her. 

I think they just confirmed back packs would increase carrying capacity. Just when I was wondering what "utility" could mean (if not capacity)  I started wondering if it would let us better organize our aid, separate chems from food and water. Now I just thought if it could do equipment load outs. Have a few slots for different armor presets, like switch from your bloodied to your weapon weight reduction, of course I'm probably the only one who carries enough armor to do that. Lol

I did get on my long neglected main yesterday. I was looking to flesh out my camp but, since I haven't any turrets, my budget didn't increase. 

Edited by Anachronistic

luisniko

I'm still standing with my own previous guess. 'Utility' probably something Like a workaround between your Carryweight that makes certain thing, let's say weapon, to be lighter so that you technically can carry more.

Do you realize they edited Artisan's Corner at Whitespring?

Chang
11 hours ago, luisniko said:

They're not joking on buffing the Legendary drop. Just got myself a few 3 Stars from 3 Stars enemies.

The problem is, I don't need what I found so far... 😛 But definitely looking great; I'm expecting to upgrade my Vanguard collection.

Btw, the 'Looking to the Future' pose disappeared :/

^Nice! I like it!

---

Gonna have to check my LTTF pose as well.

:) I Chang

Anachronistic

Oh yeah. My LTF pose is gone too. In the past I lost emotes but was able to get them back by selecting them in thr atom shop. This didn't work with LTF. 

Chang
1 minute ago, Anachronistic said:

Oh yeah. My LTF pose is gone too. In the past I lost emotes but was able to get them back by selecting them in thr atom shop. This didn't work with LTF. 

Whhaat?! They must be tinkering with something, been lots of reports of wonkey stuff happening...

luisniko
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, jollythecat said:

You don't have to actually craft the normal alcohol for Biv.

I got craft Oak Holler Lager, and spent an hour running around like a headless chicken looking for thistle.

Then I found a bottle at some random house, and when I picked it up the quest said give Oak Holler lager to Biv.

I gave him the bottle I found, and quest complete.

Legit.  Just fooled Biv with a Pickaxe Pilsner randomly taken from train station. lmao.

11 hours ago, Anachronistic said:

Yeah, I wonder if it's just a gesture / subtle sign from Bethesda last time to hang on because they got more content to come.

It was added without any specific theme or context back then after an update, no?

Edited by luisniko

Chang
1 hour ago, luisniko said:

train station. lmao.

Yeah, I wonder if it's just a gesture / subtle sign from Bethesda last time to hang on because they got more content to come.

It was added without any specific theme or context back then after an update, no?

Doubt it, but it's anyone's guess.

luisniko

Not as expected. People said they gonna open bars to sell drinks, but I don't see anyone setting up their CAMP in high traffic area to run their bar.

What I see is a lot of Razorgrains now.

And it's really hard to beacon low level players to drop them something now. They just run away. Were they previously scarred by griefers or something???

Sharing something to lower level players is a tradition in this game. It's a rare behavior in games nowadays.

Anachronistic

Well low levels, unless alts, are by definition new to the game. 

I keep reading posts on how hard it is to give stuff away as well as posts on how surprisingly nice high level players are. Somehow their numbers don't seem to quell the idea of being one shot in passive by a bloodied tse meme. 

trip

If you have a fermentation station at your camp and look at it's inventory you now get an (unavailable for now) option to tag object to decorate camp...or something like that.  So I guess we are getting ready for that feature.  Yeah...and items that are fermating showup in your regular stash but you get a message saying they are being used elsewhere.  Bet they clean that up too.

Chang

Most times they turn tail and run. Sometimes they don't. Low lvl Paranoia is strong and growing. Some high lvl for that matter too. It's Relative.

So if you don't do the optional for the flash fermentor, no plans? Or only FF @ camps?

Vintage Nukashine is Boss.

:) I Chang

luisniko
Posted (edited)

I'm like waiting for Fasnacht to start. Currently invited to group with 3 randoms and all of them are hanging out in my shack just right behind Sutton station.

And yea, finally dropped a level 3 players a few supplies, ammo, and plans.

---------------------

I give up waiting. Ended up messing around.

Me: Great, adjust this a little bit before snapping it...

People: *moves

FHhSuOYl.png

:miranda:

haIccCIl.jpg

y2VC4Fsl.png

Edited by luisniko

trip
On 3/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, Chang said:

Damn, I gotta get me one of them!

I'll go full PvP!

Anachronistic
Posted (edited)

HAPPY FASNACHT DAY

FA5Q3WH.jpg

My character laying down. I'm such a douchebag. I didn't realize that was my friend cut off next to me (all others are random)

Another friend, a new character. Naked and drunk. 

SAfnjMx.jpg

My friend, me creeping while they're sleeping. To be fair she's in someone else's bed. 

7obLdXU.jpg

She already started the mistress of mysteries/blade of bastet. Trying to get into the presidential cottage while high levels lurking. Several server hops proved fruitless. If we had WS all to ourselves, a level 100+ would spawn in seconds later. At level 7 all I could do is post up on the laundry building and relay the movements of the deathclaw just outside. Earlier attempts we died so many times. 

Edited by Anachronistic
Damn autocorrect

luisniko

This is the second drunk naked challenge this week over the other alcohol-consuming themed ones.

BuqU9sWl.png

Face turning green. Probably need ambulance. 

Anachronistic

Damn nice photo LuisNiko. I won't ask you your secrets. Lol

luisniko

Just did my first Fasnacht. First started with a random, then invited Jollythecat. In the meantime, a lot of people suddenly showing up.

Would've been nicer if high level didn't one-shot everything.

VsiVgRIl.jpg

tvteFx9l.jpg

dZ3TkTrl.jpg

gNjHc7ll.jpg

Not everyone joined for photo. 

hBenC0q.png

trip

I just did my first fasnacht parade too.  It's literally in my front yard.   Big fun crowd...took forever. 

luisniko

So I server hopped a few times to find Fasnacht before joining Jollythecat's server for a couple more.

Then we went to Biv's basement in between, basically I received a quest and there was a bit of a problem. During that moment, I saw Hunted/Hunter Radio having had enough players to start, so I joined for the heck of it. Total of 5 players attained.

When the quest started, I saw a red circle on the map outside to find the target. I was still at Biv's. When I crouched, that status was DANGER; I thought I must be the hunted one now. Then a level 70-something PA player came to the basement with red health bar. I got my vampire shotgun ready. But nothing happened. The guy left after hanging around Biv's. Don't know if it was psychological reason because Jollythecat, level 170, was there too. 

Finally after figured out the problem with Biv, I fast travelled to Willy Willard park because there was another red circle. I tracked the player and found a level 15 crouching in a room. He didn't shoot and seemed like just exploring the place. I tailed him to see if he wants to go to safe place like Train Station before engaging him and see what will happen afterwards in the Hunter/Hunted Quest. I ended up falling asleep and left the game.

We all want jolly cooperation, Bethesda, as how you wanted it to be. Rebuild 'Murica. You Don't Have to Pee Vee Pee. 

Edited by luisniko