Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,073 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ciaran

Fallout 76

DarksunDaFirst
15 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Yeah well i hope the "Ninja Perk" will hide the player, even if not crouching/stealth mode. Sure this way a lot of ppl are permanently off the radar, but if "wanted" players are always seen on it, i would be okay with that. This way the peaceful players can walk around in groups in stealth mode and don't have to fear getting shot every few minutes. Anyway the PVE players should have priority in this game.

None of my "friends" in GTAO is going to buy the game afaik. Gonna have to make new ones there then, will be kinda hard if all are afraid of randoms. Yeah well gonna see it in the beta then, how it goes. :D

It always sucks starting from scratch with the friendslist in new games.

Always easier to find a group before the game comes out.  What platform you playing on?

Mexicola9302
Posted (edited)

Gonna play it on PC Bethesda.net Version. I think there is no other one. I have Discord and Teamspeak 3 installed and a Mic of course. :D

Edited by Mexicola9302

DarksunDaFirst
8 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Gonna play it on PC Bethesda.net Version. I think there is no other one. I have Discord and Teamspeak 3 installed and a Mic of course. :D

Ahh, you should have no problem finding a good group.  I'm sure there are some gaming groups out there that do other multiplayer games are starting up their plans for their own [clan].

I won't be playing on PC this round since my best friend wants to actually get the game, so that has shifted my plans from PC to PS4 (ehhhhhh....Bethesda games on PS...always a tossup between passable and fugly situations).

Anachronistic

I hope "survival" is more like current FO4 survival and not original FO4 survival (didn't play NV so I can't comment on that)

I also hope that they find new ways for thirst, hunger, etc to effect you. The current way doesn't challenge me as I never use VATS. 

Tchuck
2 hours ago, Anachronistic said:

I hope "survival" is more like current FO4 survival and not original FO4 survival (didn't play NV so I can't comment on that)

I also hope that they find new ways for thirst, hunger, etc to effect you. The current way doesn't challenge me as I never use VATS. 

Unlikely.

You know why? It's a PvP game, but they said you won't lose your sh*t when you die. So you'll just respawn somewhere. So any "survival" element is dulled by knowing you'll just respawn somewhere if you die. Sure, it can be a bit of a bitch if you're in the middle of the boonies doing a quest and you're running low on water. But you'll just respawn anyway, and can try again.

Anachronistic

Not exactly what I was talking about, more about the attributes of ill health and such but it brings up another question. How does re-spawning effect health. We already know hunger can be an issue (see the cat anecdote from the documentary) so can I die of hunger? Am I still hungry when I respawn? Or is it just a perpetual performance inhibitor until you finally eat sufficiently. Same can be asked about all the other possible complications that may be part of the survival life experience. Well, should find out soon enough when we start hearing back from the beta. Whenever that comes. 

Tchuck

Imo, by survival I bet they mostly meant "fight or flight against other players". Because there's no penalty for dying (you respawn with all your stuff), any form of hardcore survival mode (like in Fallout 4 or New Vegas) would be dumbed down by a lot. Out of doctor bags to fix that broken leg? Just die. Hungry and no food to eat? Just die. Need to get back to base quickly? Just die. 

..Or just buy one of our supply packs.

Mokrie Dela

I'm betting the hunger/thirst/radiation/poison effects remain when you respawn. That's how I'd do it (tbf I'd do the whole game differently)

Anachronistic

Well if you can die from hunger it'll obviously be reduced upon respawn (hopefully only slightly) or you'll die immediately again. 

I kind of hope all the ailments and injuries will be a performance inhibitor so it doesn't get "cured" upon respawning. Such as carry weight, speed, etc. Once again the current system effecting action points doesn't hamper me much as I don't use VATS (except if I get totally frustrated and use it to locate enemies)

Edit: I just remembered there is going to be fast travel so any thoughts of any survival challenge is gone. 

Edited by Anachronistic

Mexicola9302

But fast traveling probably makes you hungry and thirsty, but i wonder how they will implement sleep if the time is the same for all players. How would that work, you sleep and the time is still the same after you wake up? Or because it's realtime you can't play the game for a few hours because your char needs to sleep?

Really wondering how they implement that.

Mokrie Dela

If it was me I'd allow you to go to sleep before quitting the game, and when you reload you'd awaken fully rested (assuming enough time has passed). Coffee, certain foods or chems would help in the short term.