Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

uNi

GTAForums 2018 Theme Feedback

Recommended Posts

SaH4PoK

Maybe it was worth to maintain a single style for header?

 

Der0gv.jpg

Edited by SaH4PoK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mombo2811

Is there no way to go back to the old them? This one is so boring to look at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nihilist.

I already mentioned my initial impressions in another thread. I have very mixed feelings about the new theme - in many respects, it's a step back compared to the old version, however there's few nice changes and improvements - I gotta give credit where credit is due.

1. The new reply window looks way cleaner than previously, although I wouldn't mind adding image and YouTube video buttons just for the sake of conevenience. I like it overall, though.

2. Fonts look horrendous, especially on darker background. They're hard to read, which is very problematic for someone like me, who often likes to elaborate in discussions I participate in.

3. There's plenty of empty space on the forums, making everything look like something designed for touch screens. Unread content, Mark site read, Follow and even Reply options could all be located in one line. The last one isn't even necessary, since you can always scroll down to respond, reading the discussion in the process. Start new topic is absolutely pointless when you're in an already existing thread, and should be reserved to subforums.

Bottom also takes too much room. Even posts are humongous - report, share, quote and like options could all be together, represented by unified icons (black thumbs up icon doesn't look aesthetically compared to the rest of the forum). "Share" is done right - it's small, since it's completely irrelevant, so it doesn't take much space, and when you hover the cursor over it, its description pops up. Simple, works great. I'm also wondering if it's necessary to display default group, that is "Members" under everyone's avatar. I'd say remove it for anyone who doesn't belong to one of forum's groups or administration, it'd allow to shrink the size of most posts at least a bit.

4. I feel like top menu bar doesn't need "+ Create" button. Leave it clean, containing absolutely essential options. Also, I'm not a fan of the font in the title - what's more GTA than Pricedown font? Now when I'm thinking, the catchphrase "stroking your ego, one post at a time" could be randomized to contain some quotes from the games, or paraphrased slogans - that'd be fun. Look at Weazel News, with their "confirming your prejudices", Maibatsu Thunder's "Knights of the road, here's your stallion" or L.S. Benders' "who's the wanker in the black?".

5. Forum icon could feature different variations and represent particular subforums - for example, modding categories could be represented by wrenches and hammers, Vice City have some palms, GTA IV Statue of Happiness, etc. Don't be afraid to break the monotony, details like this can really refresh already known concepts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flachbau

I agree with EmSixTeen's long post a few pages back. He summed up a lot of things that could be worked on. One other thing from me, it's easier to see that a topic is new or that there's new replies to it on mobile compared to desktop. The circle on desktop might be too small and it blends in a lot easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DareYokel

There needs to be some kind of separator between the profile on the left and the actual post. Maybe just a line.

Edited by Darth Yokel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmmm nice bike
1 hour ago, Jinx. said:

Forgot to mention this but I'm not a fan of the slogan either.

I agree 100%. It's really dumb, and it feels like something Rockstar would come up thinking it's hilarious social commentary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
les999

The adaptive layout is good, but still far too many pinned posts and no way to hide them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimmy

The "SORT BY DATE" button on topics is yellow in color. And it's not visible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AboveAndBeyoncé

Ok this forum update is absolutely gorgeous I love it! now i need to update my profile too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bugs_Bunny

Bugs_Bunny.png

Edited by Bugs_Bunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raavi
4 minutes ago, TubewayArmy said:

Also, give me back my pink color for text to defaults! Do we really need 4 greens, 2 purples or 6 greys there?

Click A > More Colors... > Go for any colour you please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bugs_Bunny

Bugs_Bunny.png

Edited by Bugs_Bunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uNi
57 minutes ago, Nihilist. said:

I already mentioned my initial impressions in another thread. I have very mixed feelings about the new theme - in many respects, it's a step back compared to the old version, however there's few nice changes and improvements - I gotta give credit where credit is due.

1. The new reply window looks way cleaner than previously, although I wouldn't mind adding image and YouTube video buttons just for the sake of conevenience. I like it overall, though.

2. Fonts look horrendous, especially on darker background. They're hard to read, which is very problematic for someone like me, who often likes to elaborate in discussions I participate in.

3. There's plenty of empty space on the forums, making everything look like something designed for touch screens. Unread content, Mark site read, Follow and even Reply options could all be located in one line. The last one isn't even necessary, since you can always scroll down to respond, reading the discussion in the process. Start new topic is absolutely pointless when you're in an already existing thread, and should be reserved to subforums.

Bottom also takes too much room. Even posts are humongous - report, share, quote and like options could all be together, represented by unified icons (black thumbs up icon doesn't look aesthetically compared to the rest of the forum). "Share" is done right - it's small, since it's completely irrelevant, so it doesn't take much space, and when you hover the cursor over it, its description pops up. Simple, works great. I'm also wondering if it's necessary to display default group, that is "Members" under everyone's avatar. I'd say remove it for anyone who doesn't belong to one of forum's groups or administration, it'd allow to shrink the size of most posts at least a bit.

4. I feel like top menu bar doesn't need "+ Create" button. Leave it clean, containing absolutely essential options. Also, I'm not a fan of the font in the title - what's more GTA than Pricedown font? Now when I'm thinking, the catchphrase "stroking your ego, one post at a time" could be randomized to contain some quotes from the games, or paraphrased slogans - that'd be fun. Look at Weazel News, with their "confirming your prejudices", Maibatsu Thunder's "Knights of the road, here's your stallion" or L.S. Benders' "who's the wanker in the black?".

5. Forum icon could feature different variations and represent particular subforums - for example, modding categories could be represented by wrenches and hammers, Vice City have some palms, GTA IV Statue of Happiness, etc. Don't be afraid to break the monotony, details like this can really refresh already known concepts.

1. Any particular reason you'd want the youtube button? As of now you just need to copy a YT link to automatically embed it.

2. We're looking into fonts issues.

3. Looking into, we still have stuff add to add (medals, sigs etc)

4. We left pricedown for quite a few years now, it's not a new logo.

As for the slogan, it will rotate between many different ones. 

5. We're playing with the idea of different icons, just testing what looks good and whatnot.

Thanks for your feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Scratch
1 hour ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

I agree 100%. It's really dumb, and it feels like something Rockstar would come up thinking it's hilarious social commentary.

Make it "Where lunatics prosper" instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eyman

- Can you add a "go to first unread comment" button on the top left (or right can't remember) inside the topic, like the old theme had. it makes things much easier.

- Also is it possible to make the Title of the topic direct to the first page of that topic, rather than the posts I made. In other words can you make the tilte of the topic function similarly to the yellow link.  

All good. 

Edited by eyman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StangOne50

Im not one for change so Im not too thrilled about it.

Everyones sigs are gone wtf

I dont like this loading bar crap, it takes too long

stroking your ego one post at a time? who supervised this some 12 year old mod?

Edited by StangOne50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinx.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it would be cool to see the likes on posts before the update.

Edited by Jinx.
post merged for some reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zanesix
6 minutes ago, StangOne50 said:

I dont like this loading bar crap, it takes too long

The site should speed up as it's been said stuff is still being transferred over in the background.

6 minutes ago, StangOne50 said:

Everyones sigs are gone wtf

stroking your ego one post at a time? who supervised this some 12 year old mod?

Signatures are temporarily disabled, and the stupid slogan is stupid but it can be disabled if you have Ublock:

TcYCQIw.png

9xPWuTB.png

Even if it does leave a big empty space, it makes the forum feel a lot more mature...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fannys

I do not like the new forum.

Why was it necessary to change? In addition, he began to work much more slowly.

 
Edited by fannys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zanesix

@fannys Sites that aren't GTAForums are still down as they're being updated to work with the new server thingys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Korpi

i89uf.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnDReJ98

This is what I think would be a better look (I didn't have much time so I made this in quick, mistakes can be spotted).

Posts:

Spoiler

1927922742_forumlook1.thumb.png.bda48f13e0cd3212fba176c02d0d6a1f.png

Change-log:

-GTAForums logo font changed to pricedown

- Added join date in poster's info and moved avatar above as well (looks identical to the previous forum's design)

-White 'Like' button

 

Pinned Topics:

Spoiler

790035976_forumlook2.thumb.png.bc8b277324cf3facd6261b0c5e0a1d0b.png

Change-Log:

-Pinned topics are darker

-Black line underneath (divider)

 

Also, I agree with this idea. Credits to Ash.

Spoiler

lz3hAKM.jpg.110ffea01f833a41d2b1b73699215639.jpg

 

More to come. Suggestions are appreciated. 

Edited by Spider-Vice
removed attachment :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flachbau

A divider between pinned and regular topics would be great, that's a good suggestion ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
livejoker

Divider/darker color for the avatar/name of people needs to come back as well. Feels very bland at the moment to have it all in one "post" like it's glued on, though I'm probably repeating something that's been mentioned before.

Also, when editing my profile the hyperlinks are white and cannot be changed color. They're basically invisible when editing my profile...?

Edited by livejoker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason Frost

I think avatars should be 100 x 100 pixels.

Edited by Jason Frost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth

All you had to do was following the damn forum update, members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
2 hours ago, AnDReJ98 said:

This is what I think would be a better look (I didn't have much time so I made this in quick, mistakes can be spotted).

Posts:

  Reveal hidden contents

1927922742_forumlook1.thumb.png.bda48f13e0cd3212fba176c02d0d6a1f.png

Change-log:

-GTAForums logo font changed to pricedown

- Added join date in poster's info and moved avatar above as well (looks identical to the previous forum's design)

-White 'Like' button

 

In all honesty, this is perfect visual wise, remove the create button from the top bar too, have notifications appear there in the center instead and slide to the right (to the notification bell) and you're sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Straypuft

Any way to change the font/color/boldness of read topics? Seeing read and unread topic titles is confusing and the bluish dot next to them isnt very eye catching.

 

Please make the read topic titles not bold or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
infectedG636

My only complaint is that Signatures are gone. I can understand they can annoying but I do like them. At least a smaller size version of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zanesix

@infectedG636 Signatures are coming back, they're just disabled until the new site is more stable and everything is transferred over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.