1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

hugh750

what type of character will you play as in rdr 2 online?

what type of character will you play as?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. after rdr 2 drops in october 2018 what type of character will you play as?

• hero (coming to aid other randoms or npcs)?
    • villian (robbing stage coaches etc)
    • bounty hunter
    • a little of all 3

J.Dillinger Blackheart

a very well dressed murderous outlaw.

Thor Shreddington
On 7/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, BretMaverick777 said:

tImIGwK.jpg

Definitely playing as my namesake(s).  

Maverick didn't come to St. Denis to lose.

Now that'd be a daisy of a game. Bret Maverick playing Doc Holliday, sipping whiskey into the wee hours of the morning!
cnsmovie_tombstone_05.jpg

BretMaverick777
59 minutes ago, Thor Shreddington said:

Now that'd be a daisy of a game. Bret Maverick playing Doc Holliday, sipping whiskey into the wee hours of the morning!
cnsmovie_tombstone_05.jpg

Deal me in!   ♠️♥️♣️♦️

Pocket Fox

Bounty Hunter. Largely a hero, but the type who shoots first.

I hope for player customisation we can have cigars, cigarettes, pipes and have them as a constant face prop.

MostWantedMVP

attilarw

I dont know if i play a woman or a man, i will choose that what looks better^^

I want to do missions with other people, i hope it is easy to find other players when you dont have much PS Friends. And i hope there are thing like Horse or carriage (?)  races and more :)

And iam not the player who just f*ck up everyone and start shooting at everybody, i hope when people do this they get a bounty on their head.

Edited by attilarw

The FoolYT

I will probably be a villain to anyone who crosses my path because majority of people tend to fire first. I won't go out looking for fights near the start as i want to get my bearings first and get some good weapons but then after, I'll probably try fighting posses or whatever the equivalent in RDR Online.

Only time I'll aid randoms is if they're a noob getting picked on or something. If there is a bounty system, I'll probably go for bounties as often as i can.

Don Maximus Meridius

William Munny

1a9485f4efe140230e11ddfcc30979fc.jpg

BUT THE BENZ

imburgundy
2 hours ago, Don Maximus Meridius said:

William Munny

1a9485f4efe140230e11ddfcc30979fc.jpg

So I take it that you're going to kill everything that walks or crawls at one time or another?

Mik73

I tend toward Hero for fellow players (if they'll let me lol), and likely villian/bounty hunter for NPCs. Guess it depends on the missions they send you on. Be nice to have 'Fallout' like choices to indulge your moral compass. Let's face it in GTA:O your basically in Trevor Phillips mode 24/7 if you just randomly go through the contact/heist missions. Killing good guys, bad guys, cops, mercenaries, civilians, everyone is fair game with little consequence outside a quick cop chase. If actions have deeper consequences in RDR that would be very cool. 

Really depends on how they set up the Online game too in terms of focus on PvP and how balanced it is. If it's anything like GTA I'll be staying at arms reach in Invite/Friends or 'solo public' type lobbies just to keep my sanity (if those lobbies are even a thing with RDR). I'm hoping just the low-tech aspect of the game will give me more incentive to stick around in free roam. 

berzelmayr

I'd like to play as an illiterate deputy like Festus from 'Gunsmoke'.

gWHIZj1.jpg

Thor Shreddington
1 hour ago, Mik73 said:

I tend toward Hero for fellow players (if they'll let me lol), and likely villian/bounty hunter for NPCs. Guess it depends on the missions they send you on. Be nice to have 'Fallout' like choices to indulge your moral compass. Let's face it in GTA:O your basically in Trevor Phillips mode 24/7 if you just randomly go through the contact/heist missions. Killing good guys, bad guys, cops, mercenaries, civilians, everyone is fair game with little consequence outside a quick cop chase. If actions have deeper consequences in RDR that would be very cool. 

Really depends on how they set up the Online game too in terms of focus on PvP and how balanced it is. If it's anything like GTA I'll be staying at arms reach in Invite/Friends or 'solo public' type lobbies just to keep my sanity (if those lobbies are even a thing with RDR). I'm hoping just the low-tech aspect of the game will give me more incentive to stick around in free roam. 

This, exactly! I'm very psyched for both SP and Online, but honestly, my biggest fear currently is watching the online degrade from a fun and immersive experience to a bunch of top hat wearing, zebra riding, golden gun shooting maniacs, sniping me from horseback.  I have a feeling I'll be trying to set up a role play clan to try and mitigate some of that. RDRO will be ruined by the players quicker than anything. In GTAO, it happened very quickly. Most people are Trevor when it comes down to it. I'm watching Westworld right now and it has a lot of the same theme of what I'm talking about. You can craft a beautiful narrative, and in-depth, immersive experience, but there will always be those who want to ride around, f*cking and shooting everything in sight.  Sometimes both, and in no particular order.

19 minutes ago, berzelmayr said:

I'd like to play as an illiterate deputy like Festus from 'Gunsmoke'.

gWHIZj1.jpg

My grandpa knew the actor that played Festus before he died.

tonko

n2zhup.gif

I'll be Seth Macfarlane in A Million Ways to Die in the West.

Edited by tonko

Thor Shreddington
57 minutes ago, tonko said:

n2zhup.gif

I'll be Seth Macfarlane in A Million Ways to Die in the West.

OMG, one of the funniest movies of all time.  Guess I'll have to make two characters...

tonko
On 8/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, Thor Shreddington said:

OMG, one of the funniest movies of all time.  Guess I'll have to make two characters...

I love this movie.

Dr.Rosenthal

I really agree with those hoping that RDRO will have more impactful choices and a more mature direction than GTAO. I won’t make any predictions, but I do think that GTAO is way too simplistic (and simple). If you want to roam the skies in a jet, you should have the f*cking air force coming after you. If you want to go around killing other players, you should get serious wanted levels, etc.

In short; it shouldn’t be so easy to be a douche as it is.

But we all know why it’s like that..

Mike R.L.

I had a clan in RDR called Fortunate Sons that had a whole back story and everything. basically Army drop outs that became their own gang, so I'm hoping we get to pick Army outfits and stuff again in RDR2 and I might think about doing that whole thing again. 

SAS_Intruder

A loner, living far in the mountains and minding my own business unless someone tries to disturb my quite life. Hunting, fishing and horse breaking will be my main activities.  Occasionally,  I would volunteer to join a posse hunting vicious criminals but that would be on rare occasions only.

If we can have 2 characters, the other one would be righteous US marshall , living somewhere in the South. Strong sense of justice,  fair to everyone but quick t despatch of any troublemakers.  His favorite activity would be sitting on his porch and drinking sweet tea while having double barrel shotgun next to him. 

rebeldevil

I'll probably play RDRO the same way I play GTAO. Badly.

tsto

We don't know yet how deep the role playing elements will be compared to GTAO, even with Sarwar saying that their focus will mostly start with role playing and morality. They'll probably be more pronounced, but we don't know the extent of it. Will they bring the honor system online? that could potentially serve as a good anti-griefing measure if done right.

OfficialTwiggz
2 hours ago, SAS_Intruder said:

A loner, living far in the mountains and minding my own business unless someone tries to disturb my quite life. Hunting, fishing and horse breaking will be my main activities.  Occasionally,  I would volunteer to join a posse hunting vicious criminals but that would be on rare occasions only.

If we can have 2 characters, the other one would be righteous US marshall , living somewhere in the South. Strong sense of justice,  fair to everyone but quick t despatch of any troublemakers.  His favorite activity would be sitting on his porch and drinking sweet tea while having double barrel shotgun next to him. 

Are you me? Because this will be me.

what system you playing on? 

SAS_Intruder

@OfficialTwiggzWhich one, first or second?  :D

I am on PS4.

Edited by SAS_Intruder

OfficialTwiggz
3 hours ago, SAS_Intruder said:

@OfficialTwiggzWhich one, first or second?  :D

I am on PS4.

Mainly the first. I’m also on PS4! 

SAS_Intruder
45 minutes ago, OfficialTwiggz said:

Mainly the first. I’m also on PS4! 

Yeah, the first one is my choice as well. Maybe we can organize in a small group of hunters and defend our mountain from city folks lol

Edited by SAS_Intruder

tsto
59 minutes ago, SAS_Intruder said:

Yeah, the first one is my choice as well. Maybe we can organize in a small group of hunters and defend our mountain from city folks lol

I be a'comin for that sheep boy!

SAS_Intruder
52 minutes ago, tsto said:

I be a'comin for that sheep boy!

Be ready to run away with your tail between legs and @ss full of buckshot :D

Mild Phil Hickok

I'm going full Wyatt Earp, taking part in as many activities as the game offers and then becoming a lawman hunting down outlaws in then name of frontier justice. I'm also open to a bit of crime myself when I want to operate outside the law vigilante style.

Jerking For Soup

the guy who suicides when shot at.