4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Fun facts about the GTA series!

SpaceJelloYT

10 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

The whole Alderney separation thing gets on my nerves due to how poorly it was done. They didn't have time to finish it properly, they could've "fully" treated it as a part of Liberty City, just like Shoreside Vale in GTA III and LCS.

More examples of this are stated here.

It seems like there's always one of those areas in every GTA that feels underdeveloped and treated like an afterthought. I think R* done a great job of capturing NYC with Liberty City, but New Jersey was handled fairly average IMO even though I still like it. This is why I wouldn't be against the idea of revisiting Liberty City/Alderney in the future and maybe we might get Liberty State as R* were intending with GTA IV.

• Like 3

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

- CJ and Michael are the only two protagonists from the 3D universe onwards to have blue eyes. 

- Vice City Stories is the only 3D universe game to feature the DEA.

- Los Santos in San Andreas is the only city so far to not have it's own fire station. 

- The Stanier and Premier are the only fleet service vehicles so far to have a civilian variant. 

- Up until GTA V, Fire crews mostly consisted of only two firefighters responding. 

- Most games featuring the military depict the Army, however files, pre-release screenshots and soundclips suggest the go to branch during development is the Marine Corps. 

• Like 6

- The dialogue on the way to Roman's wedding (if you got revenge on Dimitri) depends on your status with Kate. If you've never dated her, she'll point out how it's weird she's going to a wedding with a man she barely knows.

- Niko's line when he wakes up the day after the wedding also varies on your progress with Kate. If you've never dated her, he'll say "Damn! I was meant to protect her". If you've gone on multiple dates with her, he'll say "Poor girl. She should have never got close to me..."

- Strangely enough, Brian's number will remain in Johnny's phone even after you kill him.

- Ashley will leave Johnny a nice little email when you complete the game 100%...

Edited by eCola

GrudgefromSanAndreas
7 hours ago, Officer Ronson said:

The Stanier and Premier are the only fleet service vehicles so far to have a civilian variant. 

You forgot Granger and Buffalo

On 1/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

You forgot Granger and Buffalo

And the Rancher if we're going back to the 3D Universe.

But I think he means the regular sedans used as taxis/police cars. Even so, in LCS there's a cutscene where you see a brown civilian version of the Stanier that never appears in regular gameplay.

• Like 1

-GTA IV was the first GTA to give each street its own name.

-Also if you pay close attention alot of these are named after minerals and prisons in the U.S.

-The BJ Smith character in Vice City is obviously based on OJ Simpson.

-Lance, Sweet and Roman are the only deuteragonists in the series to be relatives of a protagonist.

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

Self-Destructive Man
3 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

Also if you pay close attention alot of these are named after minerals and prisons in the U.S.

Not only minerals and prisons but also, famous cowboys, Indian tribes, american battles, Beatles members, insects, breakdance moves, chemical elements, military groups, scientists, plants, etc. Every street name in GTA IV is based in something.

• Like 4

RrWthna.gif

Rated PS for "Pretty Stupid"

1. The cloth of the parachute in SA is made out of the Scottish-styled pants used in Tommy's golfing outfit from VC. Some great fashion-designing there, R*:p.

2. The Renderware game engine was also used in Max Payne 2's (somehow totally trash) PS2 port.

3. The SBFYST ped found in San Fierro in SA is shown to be rather "emotional". If you make her attack CJ, she will sometimes yell "I'm going to cry!".

- During development of VCS, Vic looked more like his VC rendition and he was also supposed to be in the Marines

- Handling for boats are in GTA Advance’s files, meaning the ocean was actually supposed to be interactable. In the final version, it just acts as some sort of barrier wall

- GameCube ports for GTA III and VC were planned, but eventually scrapped. Though I seriously doubt it’s because of their M ratings since other violent games were on it

• Like 2

Despite being totally irrelevant and hard to spot this little feature in SA was pretty cool:

Many stores around the Los Santos are 'visibly' closed after 22:00h

Before 22:00

zJNMoX5.jpg

After 22:00

VAXBXXH.jpg

• Like 22

25 minutes ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

Despite being totally irrelevant and hard to spot this little feature in SA was pretty cool:

*snip*

Wait, what?

I cba to check right now, but are those shutters just textures that "snap" into view? Kinda lazy but neat regardless if that's the case.

• Like 1

Yeah, they are definitely just shutter textures that snap into view, nicely said, but it's a nice touch.

Phil Cassidy is the only character in the 3D universe who met four protagonists (Vic, Tommy, Toni and Claude)

Edited by JPFL
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, JPFL said:

Phil Cassidy is the only character in the 3D universe who met four protagonists (Vic, Tommy, Toni and Claude)

He's also the only side-character to appear in 4 games (III, VC, LCS and VCS)

Edited by DirtCheap
  • Like 3

Anthony "Gay Tony" Prince is the only HD era side character to appear in 4 titles, if Online counts. Johnny Klebitz too has 4 appearances but he is a protagonist as well.

• Like 3

GrudgefromSanAndreas

GTA didn't lose its identity with latest Online updates. In fact if you look at the definition of "Grand Theft Auto" it most likely lost its identity ever since GTA3 or Vice City.

Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas

20 minutes ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

GTA didn't lose its identity with latest Online updates. In fact if you look at the definition of "Grand Theft Auto" it most likely lost its identity ever since GTA3 or Vice City.

I'm guessing you meant to post here:

https://gtaforums.com/topic/707415-unpopular-opinions-thread/?page=34

9 minutes ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

Well i somehow got confused, sometimes i just confuse topics

For a while I thought you were referring to my comment about Gay Tony's presence in GTA Online. It is a GTA title like all the others but some people might question its canonity in the HD era.

1)Rockstar Games gave away a $200,000 car to a GTA Fan for free.

2)World record completion time for GTA III is 1 hour.

In GTA lll where Tony Cipriani is in an underground bathroom, there was never a scene of him sitting on a toilet talking to Claude.

Edited by FadeAway
add

Self-Destructive Man
3 hours ago, FadeAway said:

In GTA lll where Tony Cipriani is in an underground bathroom, there was never a scene of him sitting on a toilet talking to Claude.

That was Ray Machowski.

RrWthna.gif

Rated PS for "Pretty Stupid"

On 1/7/2019 at 2:36 AM, Officer Ronson said:

- Los Santos in San Andreas is the only city so far to not have it's own fire station. 

There is one though, isn't there? Not far from the hospital, near the hole in the motorway's barrier.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:28 PM, ChengizVlad09 said:

OMFG. How old is that game now? Never knew this until now. Amazing find.

• Like 2

GTA VCS is the only GTA game in which a famed musician(Phil Collins) appears physically as himself

Edited by hogei
  • Like 4

That building you're thinking of is located near the skate park and it isn't a fire department, it is actually an office building. Which is odd that a fire engine spawns in front of it.

OT;

-GTA2 is the only game of the series to receive a Teen rating at release.

-GTA2 is the first game in the series to have licensed music that wasn't written specifically for the game. Davidson, Track 7, Flytronix, and Bulamatari are all real bands whose work was licensed by DMA.

-In early builds of GTA1, Vice City was originally supposed to be based on Venice Italy, but later had it's name changed and its location changed as Venice lacks roads. This makes Vice City the only other city besides London to have originally been based on a city outside the U.S.

-San Andreas was originally based on San Francisco and not Los Angeles, making San Fierro technically San Andreas.

-GTA1 was originally never going to feature a country radio station/song but the idea was pitched to Greg Connor by one of the Houser brothers because Mr.Houser is an apparent fan of country music.

-In GTA3 and GTAVC Rockstar had used the same audio sample for tyre screeching that they had used in GTA2.

-In GTA3 a few of the textures used on the map are from GTA1.

Edited by Yinepi
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2019 at 6:28 AM, ChengizVlad09 said:

Before 22:00

-

After 22:00

-

Over a decade later and I'm still figuring new things in SA, interesting.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 5:28 PM, ChengizVlad09 said:

This also happens in the Red Light District in GTA3: a lot of the "smutty" stores open up at night and close around 6 or 7am.

6EM4AOd.png
My Tools:

GTA:LCS Save Editor - Supports Android, iOS, PS2, and PSP saves!

GTA3 Save Editor  - Big update in the works!

GTA3/VC Mobile Save Conversion Tool - Load your iOS saves on Android!

Visit my profile for a complete list!

@thehambone totally forgot about that, indeed they are! Went to check it and it really is the thing. Red Light District place next to Lugi's Club, e.g. 

While I was waiting, some dude beat the living $hit out of the hooker on the street and I initially decided to stay out of trouble by not beating his a$$ back 'cause the police car was waiting for the traffic light to go green. Eventually I exited my car to serve some justice, but the police was after me now. Cruised around the block to pick up the police bribe so I can get back and watch the business close in peace. The guy I though I had beaten to death was approaching my car, jacked it and ran away. I mean, how awesome is that? The same model dude spawned afterwards and I had to serve his a$$ properly for punishment, lol. Now, after the medics came and revived him, he punched me and started running away. I really am not imaging this, lol, how awesome these 3D games were man... bit of topic, but had to drop it here.

Edited by ChengizVlad09
  • Like 4

For the 10th anniversary of GTA San Andreas, Young Maylay actually came back and recorded an original song about Grove Street. Which makes this the second song for SA he recorded for (the other one being a version main theme with vocals)

• Like 9