4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SpaceJelloYT

Fun facts about the GTA series!

TheSantader25
5 hours ago, Tycek said:

So? Not only you spread bullsh*t taking "fun facts" from your ass, but you're also adding rules to make them fit your already weak point.

"No planes were ever featured in GTA" if we don't count games made after 1999 - that's how your fun facts work. 

Besides, GTA CTW is 3D game. Sure it has bad graphics and camera is placed rather high, but it's in 3D and was part of HD era. 

They are fun. In a bitter way. Like satire. Also it's not a rule it's a note. As for being a 3D game ok I made a mistake. 

I should rewrite

Top down games aren't into consideration.  

Edited by TheSantader25

Officer Ronson
7 hours ago, DirtCheap said:

GTA IV and it's episodes are the only GTA games not have to have the military in-game. This was done to enhance realism because the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the military going out to arrest one person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

I know everyone says ''To enhance realism'' but it seems like everyone forgets the National Guard, the act also doesn't specify ''one person'', it prohibits the Army and the Air Force acting as Law Enforcement. In all seriousness even though NOOSE teams look cool, I would still have preffered if SWAT teams in GTA IV were a rip-off of NYPD ESU teams instead of Homeland Security, it also dissapoints me this follows suit in V, considering Los Angeles is the birth-place of what we know today as SWAT. 

universetwisters

Vice City Stories was the last game to feature RC Vehicles

Liberty City Stories featured the largest RC Vehicle in the series

Jack Lupino
11 hours ago, Tycek said:

Bullsh*t again. Chinatown Wars doesn't have planes, vehicle customization nor haircuts, yet it's in HD era as well. Stop posting "facts" that are not true for God's sake.

He clearly said excluding the top down games.

Edited by Jack Lupino

American Venom
14 minutes ago, Jack Lupino said:

He clearly said excluding the top down games.

Tycek made his post BEFORE it was edited in.

Ondr4H
11 hours ago, DirtCheap said:

GTA IV and it's episodes are the only GTA games not have to have the military in-game. This was done to enhance realism because the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the military going out to arrest one person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Also GTA V.Military only patrol its base.

But still it doesnt make any sense.They can used National Guard and everything will be fine.

Edited by Ondr4H

Crossbones

I don't know if somebody mentioned this already or not, but Toni Cipriani is the only protagonist who does not works for or with the main antagonist i.e. Massimo Torini. 

DirtCheap
8 hours ago, Officer Ronson said:

I know everyone says ''To enhance realism'' but it seems like everyone forgets the National Guard, the act also doesn't specify ''one person'', it prohibits the Army and the Air Force acting as Law Enforcement. In all seriousness even though NOOSE teams look cool, I would still have preffered if SWAT teams in GTA IV were a rip-off of NYPD ESU teams instead of Homeland Security, it also dissapoints me this follows suit in V, considering Los Angeles is the birth-place of what we know today as SWAT. 

I agree, I think the ESU would have been more deadlier than NOOSE. Also, I also think the National Guard should've appeared in the game at 6 stars

4 hours ago, Ondr4H said:

Also GTA V.Military only patrol its base.

But still it doesnt make any sense.They can used National Guard and everything will be fine.

No, what I'm trying to say is that the military don't appear in IV and it's episodes at all. I have given a link to the reason for their absence in the game.

Tycek

1. GTA IV is the only game without tank.

2. Despite being set in the US, tank in GTA 1 is based on British Centurion MBT

3. Tommy Vercetti and Huang Lee are only protagonist that make various comments about missions or tasks givers (Tommy was doing that just after the cutscenes, while Huang was commenting tasks on missions board).

TheSantader25
3 minutes ago, Tycek said:

3. Tommy Vercetti and Huang Lee are only protagonist that make various comments about missions or tasks givers (Tommy was doing that just after the cutscenes, while Huang was commenting tasks on missions board).

You forgot Franklin. 

Tycek

I can't honestly recall any personality on Franklin yet alone his comments about missions. 

TheSantader25
8 minutes ago, Tycek said:

I can't honestly recall any personality on Franklin yet alone his comments about missions. 

Then don't post facts when you don't have enough info. 

Sinner!

12 minutes ago, Tycek said:

Irrelevant, switching characters after completing certain missions will give you a unique bit of dialouge about the mission beforehand & that's not exclusive to Franklin.

Edited by Sinner!

TheSantader25
7 minutes ago, Sinner! said:

Irrelevant, switching characters after completing certain missions will give you a unique bit of dialouge about the mission beforehand & that's not exclusive to Franklin.

Yes, also Franklin comments on the mission tasks in missions like risk assessment and blitz play . there's more but it's not the time to type them down. GTA V characters are very self aware about the insanity of their tasks. Michael's therapy sessions insist on this fact. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Tycek
13 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Then don't post facts when you don't have enough info. 

You're actually the last person, who can tell me what I should or shouldn't post.

1. GTA London 1961 is the first game where you were able to add armor to your vehicle.

2. GTA London 1961 and 1969 are the only games to feature the same protagonists.

3. GTA London games and GTA 2 are only games to be use GTA abbreviation on the box.

TheSantader25
21 minutes ago, Tycek said:

You're actually the last person, who can tell me what I should or shouldn't post.

Frankly I accepted my mistake and edited my post. You on the other hand kept it there and can't accept your failure. Your biased opinion on GTA V led you to post a wrong fact and you have yet to edit it. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Crossbones

Toni Cipriani appeared in another game before appearing in his own. 

Utopianthumbs
20 minutes ago, Crossbones said:

Toni Cipriani appeared in another game before appearing in his own. 

Sorry for nitpicking but so did Vic, Johnny and Luis :p

edit: just realized you didn't say only protagonist so your point still stands

Edited by Utopianthumbs

Crossbones
4 minutes ago, Utopianthumbs said:

Sorry for nitpicking but so did Vic, Johnny and Luis :p

Alright, Toni Cipriani was the FIRST protagonist to appear in another game before his own.

Utopianthumbs
6 minutes ago, Crossbones said:

Alright, Toni Cipriani was the FIRST protagonist to appear in another game before his own.

Also the first protagonist to give missions to another protagonist (Claude)and the first (and iirc only) protagonist to appear on the radio

xXPinguXx

Oooh, this is a good one. 

-If you have 2 stars in Vice City, whenever you try to drive pass the Ocean View Hotel, 2 police cars will try to block you. 

D9fred95
2 hours ago, Penguin Bob said:

-If you have 2 stars in Vice City, whenever you try to drive pass the Ocean View Hotel, 2 police cars will try to block you. 

Speaking of this, I believe in The Driver if you're in first place two police cars with smash head on outside Washington Mall.

Officer Ronson

- For added effect, during Police Pursuits in GTA SA there are a lot of spawn points for city police cars intercepting the player, this persist even at 6 stars when Police vehicles stop appearing and the Army/National Guard takes over. 

- The easter egg on the cash register in GTA IV where a button says ''Ask CJ'' ins't referring to Carl Johnson, it's referring to CJ Dick, a long time prop developer that has worked on the GTA series and Manhunt. 

- The LCPD in GTA IV is by far one of the most accurate representations of a Police Department in any of the GTAs. 

- GTA Vice City is the only GTA where Police detectives respond to crimes commited by player in free-roam. 

Edited by Officer Ronson

DirtCheap

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Russian Mafia are the only gang to appear in every universe.

They appeared in GTA 2 (2D), GTA SA (3D) and GTA IV (HD).

Ondr4H
On 6/23/2018 at 5:38 PM, Penguin Bob said:

Same mechanism on Prawn Island.

American Venom

- The saxophone guy (as I like to call him) in GTA IV is voiced by Sam and Dan Houser's father, Walter.

- Ferry rides were going to be in GTA IV, but they were cut from the game.

- The old golfers in Vice City who can attack you at the golf course are one of the few non-criminal gangs in the series. 

- One of the Mr Tasty's jingles in GTA IV is the official theme song "Soviet Connection".

- Even if you run over Leo Teal in a car during "Back Alley Brawl" the cutscene still shows Tommy as if he was in a fist fight puffing and hunched over.

- Niko's phrase after he kills Vlad "Nobody f*cks with my family" is also used by Huang Lee in CTW:

- MMA fighter Bas Rutten done the motion capture for GTA IV's hand to hand combat.

Tycek

- GTA Vice City and IV have the highest number of Taxi models up to date - 4. VC has Taxi, Kaufmann Cab, Cabbie and Zebra, while IV has two versions of Taxi, Cabby and Roman's Taxi. Second place would go to the GTA 1 and GTA 3 and LCS ex equo - 3 models per game.

- GTA 1 and SA has the highest number of Fire Truck models - 2 per game.

Edited by Tycek
There is a Reason

Trooper Fera

The Fire Truck is the only vehicle to appear in every game.

The Taxi and Ambulance are tied for second place in appearances. The only game not to feature the Taxi is GTA CW (Which features the Cabbie instead), and GTA 2 replaces the Ambulance with the Medicar. 

Hmmm nice bike

GTA V had some interesting and hilarious glitches occur during QA testing.

Sometimes, that tester said, they’d also have to devote tons of time to granular parts of the game, like when Rockstar’s designers asked a group of QA staff to test everything players could do with the game’s automated taxi service. They quickly found that taking a taxi to a new mission would trigger the mission without properly disposing of the cab, leading to some amusing moments as a taxi drove around and tried to back up during cut-scenes.

“I think working on a project like that is made a lot better by the small moments where something truly stupid happens,” the tester said. “Talking pigs randomly standing up like a person and walking away, randomly being shot out of the sky in a plane by an ambient pedestrian whose physics had fired him into space. Trevor pulling his trousers down then never animating to pull them back up and spending the rest of the entire game with his trousers around his ankles. Franklin’s dog used to instantly die if he touched water... he’d just fall into a pool and sink to the bottom like a rock as soon as his paws got wet.

Seems like the talking animals from Red Dead Redemption's early days made a comeback.

ThatKyloRenGuy

GTA SA and 5 are the only two GTA games to take place on the west coast.

So far, the only cities GTA games take place in are NYC, LA, and Miami.