I think y'all already know about this but:

Tommy Vercetti is the only vocal protagonist who never says the word "f*ck"

• Like 1
14 hours ago, TheFireMZL said:

I think y'all already know about this but:

Tommy Vercetti is the only vocal protagonist who never says the word "f*ck"

He will become a great father

Edited by DR:BUSTA

I wonder if there was deliberate censorship in place in the pre-SA games, with how reluctant they were to drop even a single F-bomb.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:09 PM, Carbonox said:

I wonder if there was deliberate censorship in place in the pre-SA games, with how reluctant they were to drop even a single F-bomb.

Songs were censored too, so yeah. Light swearing was alright it seems.

billiejoearmstrong8
On 1/28/2021 at 2:09 AM, Carbonox said:

Definitely, it was just much more controversial for games to have mature content in them back then. They got away with the violence (although it was still controversial) but sex and swearing in games was pretty much unheard of. Allowing "sh*t" etc was already pushing boundaries at the time. I guess they decided to go for it with SA, and thanks to that and other games that did that we've gradually got to the point where swearing and other mature content in games is close to being as accepted as it is in movies/tv and there's not a ton of people up in arms about it. 

Another thing worth noting is in the US GTA games are rated for age 17 and up (whereas here in the UK and I think most of the world a 17 rating doesn't exist and GTA games are 18). I guess that means they always have to be very careful about the level of "adult" content and exactly which boundaries they push, since in their biggest market it technically isn't an adult game. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
15 hours ago, LeakyLine said:

NYPD (NYPD)

LAPD (LAPD)

..... 106

On 1/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, OH76 said:

The Vercetti Estate is the biggest safehouse in the GTA series.

Even bigger than Madd Dogg's mansion? I highly doubt it. 68.gif

Tbh Madd Dogg's crib looks like 3 times bigger on the inside compared to the exterior, which makes comparing things a bit confusing.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, LeakyLine said:

On that topic, for some reason they thought it was okay to use 2Pac's I Don't Give A f*ck song without censorship but not Ice Cube's Check Yoself. They used a radio edit for that song. 2Pac's song is waaaay more profane than Check Yoself.

Edited by GhettoJesus
14 hours ago, GhettoJesus said:

On that topic, for some reason they thought it was okay to use 2Pac's I Don't Give A f*ck song without censorship but not Ice Cube's Check Yoself. They used a radio edit for that song. 2Pac's song is waaaay more profane than Check Yoself.

I also found that really weird.

In the 3D period everytime the main character is Black several members of his family play an important role in the scenario and appear in-game while Toni is the only 3D protagonist to have a family member involved in the scenario.

Even if several GTA's feature the main protagonist's family members be it in the 3D or HD period his father is always only mentioned.

Edited by Evil empire
Staunton Assassin

Here's something really nice I just noticed about SA the other day: If you drive too fast or perform Insane Stunts while having a storyline character as a passenger, it's possible to hear some unique voice lines from them like "Slow down, man!" or "You're crazy, fool!"

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 3
Staunton Assassin

A pre-release promo bit of LCS says this:

"Still some years away from the garlic bread and candles, Cipriani is fresh back in the city after a while laying low, having offed a fellow mobster as a favour to Don Salvatore Leone. The grateful Salvatore puts you straight back to work beating things to a pulp."

So the made man belonged to the Leones themselves, Sal thought he was a rat, had Toni whack him and then shipped Toni out of town to protect him from the incoming death penalty according to the Cosa Nostra? I guess that might explain why neither the Sindaccos or the Forellis are hostile to him in the beginning of the game...

• Like 2

Yeah, sounds like a hit someone like Salvatore would order.

Edited by Americana
18 hours ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Here's something really nice I just noticed about SA the other day: If you drive too fast or perform Insane Stunts while having a storyline character as a passenger, it's possible to hear some unique voice lines from them like "Slow down, man!" or "You're crazy, fool!"

There goes my burrito!

• Like 3

Both GTA IV and GTA V are actually the fourth and fifth game of the main 3D releases (GTA III, VC, SA, IV and V). Good timing, Rockstar.

Edited by The Tracker

I just heard that Vincenzo's voice actor is the same guy who voiced the rude Cluckin bell employee

Vincenzo used to work in Cluckin bell before working for the Leones GTA 6 confirmed

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
NikoLiberty2008

Dimitri Rascalov from GTA 4 and Vinnie from GTA Advance are the only main antagonists to die before the ending mission. Although, with Dimitri, this happens just if the player chooses the "Revenge" ending.

It's interesting how LCS and VCS alike contain a "warp zone" that makes for by far the easiest early access to other islands. Judging by the consistent respawn locations, these seem to have been added deliberately.

In LCS, jump into a specific crack at the Hepburn Heights construction site, and get whisked to the Aspatria stadium.

In VCS, jumping into some pipes next to a stunt ramp in the airport warps you all the way over to Leaf Links.

Extra fun fact: VCS's "wave generator" that blocks you from swimming too far east in the beginning of the game is still in effect if you go for a swim in the largest water pool at the golf club.

• Like 1
Staunton Assassin

The texture for the Chromed Shotgun in LCS is surprisingly a retextured version of the one seen in VC and SA. The stock, the trigger, the pump handle, the barrel, the barrel's end and all other parts are placed inside the texture image in the exact same manner as in VC/SA. As a result, you can use the VC/SA chromegun model with the LCS texture or use the LCS chromegun model with the VC/SA texture and they will all fit one another perfectly fine. Here's a screenshot:

mr9Gxkr.png

• Like 2
Staunton Assassin

- VC is the first 3D GTA game to feature thunderclap sounds while a rainy weather is happening.
- VC is also the first 3D GTA game to use downsampled versions of the vehicle explosion sounds as the thunderclap sounds. SA (citation needed), LCS and VCS also do the same.
- The texture image for the Glock 17 in LCS is mapped out the same way as the texture image for the Glock 17 object seen in SA's cutscenes.
  As a result, you can easily use SA's Glock 17 texture on the LCS Glock 17 model or use LCS' Glock 17 texture on the SA Glock 17 model and they will all fit one another perfectly fine.

- The cutscene object versions of the Coach, Taxi, Banshee and Premier vehicles used in LCS' motion-capture cutscenes use unique and special environment mapping textures that are not used anywhere else:

rf0KWuu.png

These were most likely done to create a "fake-time" version of the real-time reflections present on the actual vehicle models. What do you think about these?

• Like 2
Staunton Assassin

Sorry for triple-post, but here's a really cool fun fact:

There's a movie theater entrance around the corner from the west-side entrance of the cathedral in Bedford Point in III that features a scrolling text board saying "Do not miss - 'GTA3, The Musical'...".

And in LCS, the exact same scrolling text board says "The unmissable 'GTA3, The Musical' is still running in Liberty City theaters after 250 weeks...".

If you count 250 weeks from October 2001, the answer roughly ends up at 2005/2006. The year in which LCS was released. Funnily enough, the scrolling text board in LCS also says the following after displaying the second text above: "Controversy has plagued the production after pressure groups urged concern over a possible casual link between the play and the end of the world...".

• Like 2
BelfastBrawler

Here's an unfun fact:

The launch date of GTA V is closer to the the launch date of GTA IV than the date of this post.

Let that sink in (the sink is your friend and it feels cold outside)

Edited by BelfastBrawler

The language of the 3D games features quite a little bit of British English even when the lines are spoken by Americans. The most noticeable one is when Toni says "dustcart" in the mission Blow Fish. In American English they say garbage truck. One lesser known is the Musty Pines commercial in Vice City. The woman says "lucky dip" which is once again a British expression. In American English it would be "grab bag".

There are probably more but these are the two I can think of right now.

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 4