4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Fun facts about the GTA series!

2 hours ago, ThatBenGuy said:

For Joey Leone, yes: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Joey_Leone

For Maria Latore, no. Besides, is it any of your business and does it affect your life? If so, how?

>believing stuff anything can put on the wiki

Idk man I just get really hung up about misinformation/fanon being spread around as facts. I made a whole thread about it bitching about the gtawiki 

18 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

>believing stuff anything can put on the wiki

Idk man I just get really hung up about misinformation/fanon being spread around as facts. I made a whole thread about it bitching about the gtawiki 

Why, though? If it bothers you so much, just ignore it! Why is that so hard for you to do?

Edited by ThatBenGuy
19 minutes ago, ThatBenGuy said:

Why, though? If it bothers you so much, just ignore it! Why is that so hard for you to do?

Because some other person is gonna see it and be like "sh*t son this is true because I saw it online" and so on and so on until you get rumors like Franklin supposed to be killed in Ending C and Lamar would fill his place then on

Not only that but it kinda defeats the purpose to make up your own "fact" for the thread. That's like if I said "Tommy was the only incontinent protagonist in the entire series" in a thread that focuses around, well, facts

Staunton Assassin
On 12/31/2020 at 4:53 PM, OH76 said:

The running style in LCS and VCS is solely copy-pasted from SA.

Fun fact: All of the animations we see in LCS and VCS are actually from SA's early development stages and they were all recycled from there. There's even a pre-release gameplay video (credits to @The Hero for the video) confirming this where CJ can be seen performing Toni/Vic's standing and walking animations (at 05:35 and 06:15, respectively).

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a bunch of distinct destinations that chase targets have in the older games, which you normally probably wouldn't know about unless you played just badly enough on purpose.

Vice City:

- In Treacherous Swine, Gonzalez will eventually run to the entrance of the Washington Beach PD.

- In Mall Shootout, Pierre's destination is a building all the way at the north end of Vice Point. This was particularly obscure to me, since it seems really rare for you to stay within range of him, without killing or losing him for the whole time.

- Hit the Courier is an interesting one, because the target goes to a building in Little Haiti with an actual interior (mostly empty aside from a single printer), only accessible if you let the door open in the mission.

San Andreas:

- The Vago in Running Dog eventually gets into a car driven by an accomplice somewhere in Jefferson, and further escapes on a seemingly predetermined path, heading to a house in Las Colinas with a green door and a pretty steep entrance way.

- In Toreno's Last Flight, most of us just shot the chopper at the south end of the highway, but if not, it follows a very long path through the countryside (conveniently staying above roads) before making its final stop at the purchasable middle-of-nowhere farm safehouse, dropping off agents for you to fight and escaping for good if you don't react fast.

- In Highjack, fail to snatch the truck before it gets to Foster Valley and you actually get a mini fail cutscene showing it drive into a building.

- Misappropriation has you tail the target in a helicopter all the way to a Las Venturas multi-story parking garage if you don't take him down at the ghost town. I never saw what happens if you let the chase keep going past the garage, actually, but GTA Wiki has a paragraph about him eventually being run over and killed by a Cheetah on the streets, possibly scripted. Confirmation would be nice, though. :p

Los Sepulcros might be another, since Kane will try to get in a car and flee, but I've never personally checked if he goes somewhere specific, nor have I found information about it.

Edited by Carbonox
  • Like 8

Also, dudes who rob a store in Blueberry go to that area in East Los Santos with trailers, and stuff.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Americana said:

Also, dudes who rob a store in Blueberry go to that area in East Los Santos with trailers, and stuff.

Las Colinas you mean. And you can fail the mission if they get inside their trailers so you only have a few seconds to pop them.

1 hour ago, Americana said:

32 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

Las Colinas you mean. And you can fail the mission if they get inside their trailers so you only have a few seconds to pop them.

I forgot about that, in my experience they immediately started shooting once they dismounted though, with none of them escaping into a trailer.

The three weapon set cheats in SA correspond to the three protagonists in V

ThugsArmoury = Frank

ProfessionalsKit = Mike

NuttersToys = Trev

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

There's no "Mission Passed" after finishing the green sabre because you didn't win . You're f*cked 

For some reasons it's back on the sh*tty remastered version but I preferred it like how it was in the other versions

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • Like 3
Staunton Assassin
7 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

You just fail.

Here's something funny about "Freefall": If the plane enters LV's airzone, it suddenly loses control and then retardedly crashlands into the ground before completely disappearing into thin air. Gee R*, you could've put in a proper plane landing cutscene...

Oh, and here's a pretty interesting fun fact related to planes: The stand-still learjet we see during "The Morgue Party Resurrection" and at the end of "Love on the Run" in LCS is just a simple map object. It's not an actual plane vehicle.

...R*, man, I thought you were better than this! Those two missions could've done it with the Shamal from SA.

17 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

There's no "Mission Passed" after finishing the green sabre because you didn't win.

I guess the real "Mission Passed" for Green Sabre is the one after End of The Line.

Edited by Americana

This is a fact I learned from the most recent Rainbowmizer run of San Andreas I saw, which amused me way more than it should - if the mod provides you with a tall enough vehicle in End of the Line part 3, you can crash into Sweet during the chase and he'll make death grunts, though he won't actually die from it.

Staunton Assassin

SA, LCS, VCS, IV and maybe V store common vehicle textures in one separate texture dictionary unlike in III and VC, where the same textures are found in every vehicle .TXD file.

Also, I made this discovery about an unused cutscene in III:

Just now, Staunton Assassin said:

So I recently dug into "cuts.img" and found a lone, unused cutscene data file named "intro.dat".

"Okay, but what's so 'lone' about?"

Well, most cutscene data files come in pairs; one .DAT file and one .IFP file. But this one particular file lacks an .IFP file and as a result, it doesn't have any animated cutscene objects.

Apparently, we can load this unused cutscene in-game using 0x02E4 (LOAD_CUTSCENE) and launch it using 0x02E7 (START_CUTSCENE).

And if and when we do that, we get a proper cutscene showing various parts of Portland! It begins outside small bank at the borders of Saint Mark's and the Red Light District, then it moves through the latter area for a while before cutting to Chinatown, after which it goes to Trenton and does a long slide from north-western Portland all the way to Callahan Bridge. It probably shows a lot more parts of Portland than I've mentioned here since I don't remember the cutscene test too well.

Interestingly enough, this unused cutscene's length and the police convoy cutscene's newscaster speech length match 1:1 with one another.

Could it be that this cutscene originally featured the "Liberty City is in shock today" news report speech?

• Like 3
On 1/15/2021 at 8:25 PM, DR:BUSTA said:

There's no "Mission Passed" after finishing the green sabre because you didn't win . You're f*cked 

For some reasons it's back on the sh*tty remastered version but I preferred it like how it was in the other versions

The real "Mission Passed" for Green Sabre is the friends we made lost along the way

• KEKW 3

Don't know if this is related but it's sort of funny; Bodhi is the name of Trevor's personal vehicle and also Steven Ogg's son

1 hour ago, Wayne Kerr said:

Don't know if this is related but it's sort of funny; Bodhi is the name of Trevor's personal vehicle and also Steven Ogg's son

I don't know how exactly should I react to this

Edited by DR:BUSTA
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
Staunton Assassin

The "MP3 Player" radio station on the PC version of III and VC also accepts shortcuts to MP3 files, not just the latter. So if you want, you can save disk space by creating shortcuts of your MP3 songs and placing them inside your III/VC folder's "mp3" folder, like in SA.

Edited by Staunton Assassin
Staunton Assassin

Double-post, but whatever. DJ Clue on The Liberty Jam FM radio station in LCS gives a quick shout-out to 8-Ball at approximately 38:10 in "LCJ.VB", right before "Shut 'Em Down (Remix)" starts playing.

On 1/21/2021 at 4:57 AM, Wayne Kerr said:

Bodhi is also the name of the bank robbers' boss in the movie Point break by the way.

Edited by Evil empire

-CJ and Mike are the only 3D protagonists to not meet Phil Cassidy.

-GTA I, both London games, San Andreas and IV+its DLCs are the only games that do not have rampages.

4 minutes ago, OH76 said:

-CJ and Mike are the only 3D protagonists to not meet Phil Cassidy.

I heard that Mike was supposed to meet him in one mission

Staunton Assassin

In VC, if you take a boat and sail really far out into the open ocean until you hit the map bounds, you'll notice that all of the water past the boundary is fake, non-transparent and actually placed six meters lower than the water your boat is floating upon. That's because VC was built upon III, where the inbound waters and the outbound waters are at equal heights.

1 hour ago, Staunton Assassin said:

In VC, if you take a boat and sail really far out into the open ocean until you hit the map bounds, you'll notice that all of the water past the boundary is fake, non-transparent and actually placed six meters lower than the water your boat is floating upon. That's because VC was built upon III, where the inbound waters and the outbound waters are at equal heights.

I knew that there was an odd-looking barrier out there, best visible from a helicopter, but not the finer details, actually.

Also, to my recollection VC (and maybe VCS) is the only game in the series where silhouettes of sailboats and some kinda battleships can be seen really far out in the horizon.

• Like 1