3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Fun facts about the GTA series!

• 4 weeks later...

In SA, The Funktipus on Bounce FM and Phillip Micheals on CSR 103.9 are the first radio station DJs to play songs featuring their voice actors. For example, the "Loopzilla" song on Bounce FM features George Clinton, The Funktipus' voice actor and the "Motownphilly" song on CSR features Micheal Bivins, Phillip Micheals' voice actor.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, éX-Driver said:

From 1997 to 2009 there was a new GTA game almost every year, the only years being skipped were 2003 and 2007. 

Not to be picky, but the PS2 version of VCS was released in 2007.😛

But technically this is true if we’re just talking about new GTA games.

Adding onto this 2009 has had the most GTA releases in the same year with EFLC and CTW. However this probably depends if you spilt up TLAD and TBOGT.

Also GTAA was released the same day as San Andreas.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

However this probably depends if you spilt up TLAD and TBOGT.

As connected as they were, I would. It's amazing how different they feel to each other given the fact that they both were expansion packs of the main game. The plot, characters, overall atmosphere, missions, side-missions, mini-games, episodic weapons and vehicles, safehouses, etc make it feel like some sort of LCS vs VCS to a lesser extent, despite being set in the same city and timeline, and having shorter storylines.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Also GTAA was released the same day as San Andreas.

People talk about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and forget this gem? No way.

• 2 weeks later...

- III and VC both have up to nine gang pedtype slots but only seven such slots are actually used in each game. The GANG8 and GANG9 pedtypes go completely unused.
- III and VC's PC versions are the only GTA games to feature two cheat strings that are completely identical between both games: "NOBODYLIKESME" and "BOOOOORING". In fact, even their effects are identical.
- Some of the animations seen in SA's startup video and various BETA screenshots were actually recycled and reused in LCS and VCS. For example, Cesar's walk animation in this BETA screenshot looks a lot like the one used by most normal male peds in LCS that use the "man" walkstyle. This could be valid explanation as to why both LCS and VCS feature "CJ-ish" animations for Toni and Vic. In fact, judging by Toni and Vic's "CJ-ish" animations for sprinting with two-handed weapons, could it be that SA once featured full-fledged sprinting with two-handed weapons? Now, this just an assumption, don't take it as a BETA find.

In GTA V each protagonist represents a type of player. Michael represents fans that have been familiar with the GTA Series for a long time, Franklin represents newcomers to the series and Trevor represents the destructive players that play the game mainly to cause chaos

I don't know how well known is this but it just occurred to me. When CJ stands near a helicopter that has its rotors moving CJ's upper clothes will "rattle" simulating the effect of moving air.

• Like 2

In the 3D period only the Black main characters can be seen driving a helicopter during a scenario mission.

Tommy Vercetti is the only White character of the 3D period who can drive a helicopter (and the only scripted event when he does it is a side activity by the way).

Liberty City is the only place where completing the taxi sub-mission unlocks the use of another vehicle.

Liberty City is the only place where the player can't play the shooting range activity.

GTA San Andreas is the only game where the Paramedic sub-mission doesn't give the infinite sprint ability.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:50 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

Not to be picky, but the PS2 version of VCS was released in 2007.

2003 we saw Vice City go to the PC.

Now all we get is a cash cow whenever the milk from the other one runs out.

I'd even say that only Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto IV along with Grand Theft Auto V are the main titles of the series.

• excuseme 2
  • Bruh 1
13 hours ago, Americana said:

I'd even say that only Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto IV along with Grand Theft Auto V are the main titles of the series.

You just forgot one small petty detail: GTA San Andreas is probably the most popular GTA ever. ^_^ 39.gif

4 minutes ago, Evil empire said:

You just forgot one small petty detail: GTA San Andreas is probably the most popular GTA ever. ^_^ 39.gif

I would say GTAO is the most popular GTA seeing that it literally rakes in millions.

But that was not really the point he was making.  I too would consider the numbered GTAs the “main” titles as each of them have had either A) expansions associated with them or B) prequels that use the same assets.

In the case of GTA III and GTA IV especially seeing the shift they introduced in graphics, engines and physics. 

• Like 4
On 12/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, Algonquin Assassin said:

I would say GTAO is the most popular GTA seeing that it literally rakes in millions.

But that was not really the point he was making.  I too would consider the numbered GTAs the “main” titles as each of them have had either A) expansions associated with them or B) prequels that use the same assets.

In the case of GTA III and GTA IV especially seeing the shift they introduced in graphics, engines and physics. 

And what do you have to declare about the huge fans community of GTA San Andreas?^^

Edited by Evil empire
1 minute ago, Evil empire said:

And what do you have to declare about the huge fans community of GTA san Andreas?^^

What do you mean? It isn’t knock on San Andreas or the San Andreas community if that’s how you take it.

In pure numbers GTAO is insanely popular. I don’t even like GTAO, but I’m not going to ignore facts.

• Like 2

Another fun fact I discovered yesterday while replaying missions in GTA V: During the FIB Bureau Raid, when you escape the building, you will see smoke coming from East Los Santos, if you drive over there you will discover that it’s actually Lester’s factory that is on fire. It is a nice attention to detail since at the beginning of the mission, Lester is pouring gasoline with the intent to burn down the place

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8
20 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

Another fun fact I discovered yesterday while replaying missions in GTA V: During the FIB Bureau Raid, when you escape the building, you will see smoke coming from East Los Santos, if you drive over there you will discover that it’s actually Lester’s factory that is on fire. It is a nice attention to detail since at the beginning of the mission, Lester is pouring gasoline with the intent to burn down the place

A cool detail indeed. If you do the roof approach you can see it even earlier, at the start when you're in the helicopter with the crew you can see it in the distance or fly there for a closer look before parachuting to the roof and starting the raid. The characters comment on it once when you're close enough for them to see it as well. I guess the fire he set spread quickly!

Carl Johnson and Victor Vance ; the only Black main characters of the 3D period are also the only main protagonists of this era to have an 11 letters long name.

In the GTA universe 13 is a number of ill-omen or curse

More precisely: Victor Vance, the only assassinated main character of the 3D period gets killed just after meeting Tommy Vercetti, the only main character of the 3D period with a 13 letters long name.

Johnny Klebitz the only murdered main character of the HD period has a 13 letters long name just like his murderer Trevor Philips, the only other HD period main character with this particularity.

Edited by Evil empire
  • Like 1

Grand Theft Auto IV

There is an unsolid part in the Rotterdam Tower. You can fly under map (the blue hell). The tutorial is here:

After being involved in gun fights, fist fights and car chases, Niko's face will look angry. And a moment later it will turn into normal.

GTA IV's helicopters are so steady even if its windy in Liberty City.

Grand Theft Auto 5

There is a location somewhere in Los Santos that people die in one touch, which is a glitch.

At the southern part of Michael's Mansion, there is a motion sensor gate which will open when the player is near. Crashing your car into it will make your car fly a few miles in the air. This glitch is very similar to the "Swing Glitch" from GTA IV

billiejoearmstrong8
5 hours ago, JaeDan 101 said:

After being involved in gun fights, fist fights and car chases, Niko's face will look angry. And a moment later it will turn into normal.

Also for a little while after getting wasted, busted or failing a mission, and the entire time whenever he has a wanted level. And it's not just his face, when he speaks to people (when pushing past them, jacking their cars, pointing a gun at them etc) while looking like that the things he says are more angry and aggressive. 

In GTA IV if you leave Niko idle after some time the camera will start panning onto random NPCs.

This happened to me before when I waiting to do Out Of The Closet. I put my controller down and left Niko idle and when I came back it was focussing on a hobo across the street from the diner.

Niko also cracks his knuckles, puts his hand out when it’s raining etc too in idle, but that’s probably more known to most people.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 4
34 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

In GTA IV if you leave Niko idle after some time the camera will start panning onto random NPCs.

And to make it a bigger fun fact, that also happens in SA too.

• Like 5
billiejoearmstrong8

I knew about that in SA but I've never seen it in IV! I thought I tested to see if it did it too but I must've been impatient and not waited long enough lol. Maybe it takes longer? It seemed to happen in SA all the time. 

Related Rockstar games fact, if you leave Jimmy idle for too long in Bully he'll make passive aggressive comments about it eg "Why am I just standing around?" lmao. He'll also lose some health if standing still too long when it's winter and he isn't dressed warmly.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I knew about that in SA but I've never seen it in IV! I thought I tested to see if it did it too but I must've been impatient and not waited long enough lol. Maybe it takes longer? It seemed to happen in SA all the time. 

I'm not too sure how long it takes. Probably a minute or two or something like that.

• Like 1
On 10/24/2020 at 8:25 AM, ThatBenGuy said:

Despite being Joey Leone’s stepmother, Maria Latore is four years younger than him. Joey Leone was born March 20, 1968 (I only know the year, I’m just guessing the exact date, lol) and Maria Latore was born August 1, 1972 (same here too).

I know, old quote, but do you have a source for their years of birth?