2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Fun facts about the GTA series!

In both of his appearances, Walter Mudu voiced members of Uptown gangs. First, it was King Courtney from Uptown Yardies, and second, it was Malc from Uptown Riders.

gta 3 is the only game with a ped that make their own special sounds.

(the guy with headphones)

also, the black worker at the docks would have worn headphones too.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, JPFL said:

GTA IV: "The Ballad of Gay Tony" was banned in my country because of this song: 

seriously? 1 song?

9 hours ago, JPFL said:

Yes, apparently Rockstar used it without permission.

thats a bruh moment from me doc

• Like 2

GTA V has two lift bridges into Port City from Rancho, however they don't function in game.

Similarly, the junkyard near the Arena has a nonfunctional car crusher farther back onto the property. 

Man, GTA 5 is f*cking boring.

Edited by LeakyLine
Typo. Thanks autocorrect
On 7/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, JPFL said:

GTA IV: "The Ballad of Gay Tony" was banned in my country because of this song: 

WHATTTT??? Thats my favorite song featured in a video game nightclub ever. I actually feel sorry for you guys.

• Even if the events in the GTA franchise start in 1961 there isn't any GTA set in the 70's
  • All the GTA's set in the 60's take place in London
  • All the GTA's set in the 80's take place in Vice City
  • All the GTA's set in the first decade of the 2000's take place in Liberty City
  • Vice City is visible in 3D in the episodes set in the 80's whereas it's only visible in 2D when the action is set in the 90's in the first GTA.

gta san andreas is the only 3d universe game to have different gun sounds that were never used again in the rest of 3d universe games.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Here's a fun fact for you, I am not sure whether this has been said before but Jeremy Robard's three step programs on Pressing Issues are all short for drugs. Motivate, Demonstrate, Motivate Again (MDMA), Learn, Start, Doing (LSD), Think, Hold that thought, Complete (THC)

• Like 5
billiejoearmstrong8
5 hours ago, GhettoJesus said:

Here's a fun fact for you, I am not sure whether this has been said before but Jeremy Robard's three step programs on Pressing Issues are all short for drugs. Motivate, Demonstrate, Motivate Again (MDMA), Learn, Start, Doing (LSD), Think, Hold that thought, Complete (THC)

Lmao I must've heard him say that hundreds of times and never made the connection. Nice catch!

26 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Lmao I must've heard him say that hundreds of times and never made the connection. Nice catch!

I didnt find it out myself,  heard this from my friend but indeed it is very subtle

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Have you noticed how Donald Love's rooftop garden in III is Japanese-themed yet he's American? Apparently, the model names for Donald's skyscraper still point to someone else...

Donald's rooftop garden model is named "tshrorckgrdn" and the alpha object group model associated with it is named "tshrorckgrdn_alfas".
Also, Donald's skyscraper model is named "tcsky_skyscrp6" and the models for Donald's skyscraper and it's first floor get their textures from a texture dictionary named "cskytosh".

Now, notice how none of the names contain anything related to Donald's name and how Donald's skyscraper model name begins with a T, unlike all other skyscraper model names that begin with the "csky_" prefix.
These names make it clear that the skyscraper wasn't originally designed and intended for Donald, it seems like it was given to him at a later point during the development of the game.

If we take all of these names and combine them together, we get "tshro" + "tosh" = "Toshro".
It may seem the line has ended up with "Toshro", but there's another useful BETA find to consider.

Thanks to @Sergiu, we now know that there was a character named "Toshiro" during the development of the game that was serving the purpose of the Old Oriental Gentleman. Notice how his name sounds suspiciously similar to "Toshro" from the names.
So if we take "Toshro" from the names again and compare it with "Toshiro", it becomes clear that the names are pointing to Toshiro.

Conclusion: Donald's skyscraper was once Toshiro's skyscraper in the early development stages of the game.

Edited by Staunton Assassin

Despite being Joey Leone’s stepmother, Maria Latore is four years younger than him. Joey Leone was born March 20, 1968 (I only know the year, I’m just guessing the exact date, lol) and Maria Latore was born August 1, 1972 (same here too).

Edited by ThatBenGuy
  • Like 3

Correction, I was wrong about Toshiro being Kenji, he's actually serving the purpose of the Oriental Gentleman but I forgot to change up my post. Also indeed, it's most likely that he was up at the tower, but we don't know for sure yet.

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 1
Claudio Velocidad

When a main protagonist dies there ir an other protagonist with him.

Vic- Tommy (Gta VC)

Johnny- Trevor (Gta V)

Toni Cipriani-CJ (Potentially)

Claude is not dumb

On 10/25/2020 at 3:06 AM, Carl Theft Auto said:

This reminds me...in Poland during early times of YouTube (2005 - 2008) there were hundreds of humorous Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas videos (made by kids and teenagers) recorded with FRAPS and voiced by Ivona Speech Synthesizer... 

These were good old times, lol.

• Like 1
On 10/27/2020 at 2:11 PM, Americana said:

This reminds me...in Poland during early times of YouTube (2005 - 2008) there were hundreds of humorous Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas videos (made by kids and teenagers) recorded with FRAPS and voiced by Ivona Speech Synthesizer... 

These were good old times, lol.

Lol yeah, there where alot of people who made GTA SA videos using text-to-speech robots and stuff haha!

Here's a neat one: The vehicle reflections are actually different between the PC and PS2 versions of both III and VC. In the PC version, the reflection map texture is always fully white regardless of the vehicle's color. But in the PS2 version, the texture's color changes based on which colored part of the vehicle it's currently shining on. For example, if a car has a blue body and a white roof, the parts of the reflection map texture on the roof will be white and the parts of the reflection map texture on the body will be blue. This can be seen in the PC version on both III and VC by using SkyGFX by @The Hero.

Edited by Staunton Assassin

- GTA 3 is the only 3D game to have helicopters as decoration.

- GTA Vice City Stories is the only 3D era game that doesn't add anything (or almost anything) to the GTA 3 story.

- The "Lady of the best tailor" of the private fare missions in GTA 5 is the same person who appears in the mission "Reuniting the Family" writing a screenplay for a movie. Maybe that is well known, but I didn't see that fact anywhere else.

- GTA Vice City Stories is the only 3D era game (and probably the only one in the entire saga) not to feature triads or any kind of asian criminal organization at all.

Edited by Motorik
  • Like 2