4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Fun facts about the GTA series!

Staunton Assassin
1 minute ago, rodie beta researcher said:

can i see that limp animation? this is like a f*cking buffet when people showcase the cut stuff

Here's how it looks. This screenshot is not mine so ignore everything else you see in it, except for the animation:

TKrGoax.jpg

Senor DeekHead
1 minute ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Here's how it looks. This screenshot is not mine so ignore everything else you see in it, except for the animation:

TKrGoax.jpg

the reason hes got 49 bullets cause he shot himself in the leg. thanks also.

Senor DeekHead
On 2/17/2019 at 6:23 AM, Staunton Assassin said:

1. Vice City, despite being bigger than Liberty City, has only twelve zones defined internally while Liberty City has twenty-seven zones defined.
2. Ray Machowski is the first character in the 3D-era universe to use a toilet.
3. Toshiko Kasen is the first character in the 3D-era universe to take a bath.

what about vincenzo cilli? he was taking a dump in his office in the 2nd/3rd mission.

Staunton Assassin
3 minutes ago, rodie beta researcher said:

what about vincenzo cilli? he was taking a dump in his office in the 2nd/3rd mission.

That's chronologically true, but it's really III where we first got to see a character use a toilet.

Senor DeekHead
3 minutes ago, Staunton Assassin said:

That's chronologically true, but it's really III where we first got to see a character use a toilet.

something i never mentioned, that theres leftovers of when windows on buildings were seethrough

Staunton Assassin

Thanks to the efforts of the Russian GTA modding community, we learned that III, VC, SA, LCS and VCS are all graphically way more capable than anyone might have ever imagined. By simply extending Renderware's "directional lighting from the sun" functions in III to work on more than just characters and vehicles, one can achieve a look just like in this screenshot:

https://download.gtanet.com/gtagarage/files/image_68070.jpg

As simple as it looks, it makes the map use the same dynamic lighting effects used by characters and vehicles. This is done by applying normal mapping on each and every model used in the game's map and setting up the appropriate memory addresses through CLEO modding to make the dynamic lighting effects work on map objects properly. As a result, the sun light gets cast on the entire game's map alongside characters and vehicles and it changes direction accordingly with the time of the day. And what's more? This modification has almost little to no impact on the game's performance, even on a weak PC. Well, at least until one plays the game for too long. This modification, known as "Dynamically Directional Lighting", and it's screenshot above were created by @DimZet. You can download it from here, but make sure to use the Google Translate widget provided on the website first, though.

Besides, I wonder why R* didn't implement such a feature into III, VC, SA, LCS and VCS already despite being clearly possible...

Edited by Staunton Assassin
Senor DeekHead
30 minutes ago, Staunton Assassin said:

Thanks to the efforts of the Russian GTA modding community, we learned that III, VC, SA, LCS and VCS are all graphically way more capable than anyone might have ever imagined. By simply extending Renderware's "directional lighting from the sun" functions in III to work on more than just characters and vehicles, one can achieve a look just like in this screenshot:

https://download.gtanet.com/gtagarage/files/image_68070.jpg

As simple as it looks, it makes the map use the same dynamic lighting effects used by characters and vehicles. This is done by applying normal mapping on each and every model used in the game's map and setting up the appropriate memory addresses through CLEO modding to make the dynamic lighting effects work on map objects properly. As a result, the sun light gets cast on the entire game's map alongside characters and vehicles and it changes direction accordingly with the time of the day. And what's more? This modification has almost little to no impact on the game's performance, even on a weak PC. Well, at least until one plays the game for too long. This modification, known as "Dynamically Directional Lighting", and it's screenshot above were created by @DimZet. You can download it from here, but make sure to use the Google Translate widget provided on the website first, though.

Besides, I wonder why R* didn't implement such a feature into III, VC, SA, LCS and VCS already despite being clearly possible...

thanks russia, BIG PP.

seriously though thats beutiful.

Senor DeekHead

gta 3 despite removing all seethrough windows after the alpha phase, there still are traces of see through windows.

-capital autos interior, theres an offfice thats see through but has nothin inside.

-the el train stations in portland.

-a few other places that i cannot remember

340?cb=20180605000039

If you look closely at the windows with fog on it, youll see they are see through.

Edited by rodie beta researcher
got the proof b0is
  • Like 1
Senor DeekHead

gta3_084.jpg

out of all of the beta designs for gta 3, this one was kept. claudes face has little detail, but its the version with most sameness to the regular release

• Like 1
On 5/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, Staunton Assassin said:

VC features a special type of 2DFX effects which can be attached to map geometry: Pedestrian attractors. There are total of five different pedestrian attractor types available for use:

1. The pedestrian walks to the specified coordinates, performs an animation of using an ATM and walks away. While the specified coordinates are occupied, additional pedestrians will begin lining up behind each other. This is unused in the game.

2. The pedestrian walks to the specified coordinates, sits down for a while, gets up and walks away.

3. The pedestrian walks to the specified coordinates, waits for a bus and gets in if there's one stopped nearby. While the specified coordinates are occupied, additional pedestrians will begin lining up behind each other.

4. The pedestrian walks to the specified coordinates, stands for a while and walks away, like window shopping. This is unused in the game.

5. If the weather is rainy, the pedestrian runs to the specified coordinates and stays there until the rain stops.

Despite such an excellent system being carried over to SA, it's never used there at all.

HOLY CRAP IT'S JUST LIKE SAINTS ROW 2 ACTION NODES!

Senor DeekHead

The reason why the stallion and misty are so known is because they were one of the most brought up things during advertising.

(the artwork of misty as a cutout, and promo art)

(driving a stallion terribly during tv adverts)

Senor DeekHead

GTA 3 is the only 3d game in the entire series that had the most graphical changes during development. (peds, certain areas, cars)

Spoiler

5746A668330E45885635FA9954F2AF8B29A4E012

Early pre-release

0000003297.1920x1080.jpg?t=1578440931

Normal release

• Like 2

GTA Vice City Stories was the first title to feature pedestrian models with more than one texture variation (two, which is very noticeable in gang members). That was greatly improved in GTA IV.

Algonquin Assassin
3 hours ago, rodie beta researcher said:

GTA 3 is the only 3d game in the entire series that had the most graphical changes during development. (peds, certain areas, cars)

Reveal hidden contents

5746A668330E45885635FA9954F2AF8B29A4E012

Early pre-release

0000003297.1920x1080.jpg?t=1578440931

Normal release

The 9/11 attacks had a lot to do with it.

Just thinking about the number of changes made were pretty insane considering they only had a month to do it in.

Cop cars were supposed to be blue for example, but were made black and white thus not to look like NPYD cop cars.

Actually I guess that’s another fact in itself. GTA III is the only GTA with changes made to it due to a real life event occurring just before its release rather than the usual beta changes.

• Like 3
Senor DeekHead
1 hour ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

The 9/11 attacks had a lot to do with it.

Just thinking about the number of changes made were pretty insane considering they only had a month to do it in.

Cop cars were supposed to be blue for example, but were made black and white thus not to look like NPYD cop cars.

Actually I guess that’s another fact in itself. GTA III is the only GTA with changes made to it due to a real life event occurring just before its release rather than the usual beta changes.

its amazing to see how much was removed. tons of amazing things, but it was soon combed clean.

• Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8

The actor who played Oscar Guzman in GTA V plays Javier Escuella in Red Dead Redemption 2

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
On 6/3/2020 at 8:24 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

Yeah, because of that, when I was a child, I thought that every American cop car had LAPD livery...

Edited by Americana
Senor DeekHead

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Yeah, because of that, when I was a child, I thought that every American cop car had LAPD livery...

gta is spoofing on america, and since black and white are the stereotypical example always associated with american things, thats mainly why they were mostly black.

Gta 3 has pedestrian lines only used on the ps2 version.

"Oh no my baby" is one that i remember being heard in the ps2 version. 

kinda explains the repetitive pedestrians on the pc version.

Grand Theft Auto V was announced in 2011, 2014 and 2020 - more to come, I'm sure!

Edited by Americana
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Americana said:

Grand Theft Auto V was announced in 2011, 2014 and 2020 - more to come, I'm sure!

Shows that the series is good enough to carry on one title for 7 years without a remarkable notice for the next one.

Who needs a PS4 ported GTA IV or a mobile version of VCS? GTA Online is more than enough.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

man by the time gta 6 gets released were going to be older than gta itself

Edited by rodie beta researcher
Algonquin Assassin

I might as well jump on the "facts" with GTA V being released for next gen consoles.

-Depending when R* release GTA V next year it'll be 10 years since GTA V's original announcement.

-GTA V could technically be classed as a modern day game and set in the past as obviously when it was released it was set during its release year, but by next year that will 8 years ago. 

-To put things into perspective how much has changed with R*'s release cycle in a similar 8 year time frame from 2001 to 2009 they released..

-GTA III

-Smuggler's Run 2

-State Of Emergency

-Midnight Club II

-Max Payne 2

-Manhunt

-Red Dead Revolver

-San Andreas

-The Warriors

-LCS

-Table Tennis

-Bully

-GTA IV

-Midnight Club: L.A

-TLAD

-TBOGT

-CTW

Now compare that to 2013 to 2021.

-GTA V

-RDR2

I haven't included games they published, released newer editions of or "remasters" like LA Noire in 2017, but you get the idea. Either way it makes me cry and not in a good way that back in the "old days" we used to not only get new GTA games regularly, but from a variety of different franchises too.

With GTA V now literally hogging multiple generations and lord knows when we'll see GTA VI the only other new game we've seen in the last 7-8 years is RDR2. Needless to say I wish Doc and the Delorean could take me away back in time to the way things used to be.:/

• Like 9

Michael can buy Los Santos Golf Club for $150,000,000. He would have to win a game of tennis 6,000,000 times to buy it, as it gives you $25 every time you win.

In the 3D period San Andreas & VCS are the only games whose main character is Black and the only ones whose action takes place during a year of american presidential elections.

More generally speaking in the 3D and in the HD universe every episode whose action is set during a year of presidential elections features a main character who belongs to a minority, since Niko Bellic is a non-WASP immigrant.

The rule doesn't seem to apply to the whole GTA series however since Mike the main character of the top-down Advance doesn't seem to belong to a minority.

For all the GTA's whose action is set during a year of american presidential elections the interval of years is always a multiple of 8 since we have VCS (1984), San Andreas (1992), Advance (2000) and IV (2008).

Among all the 3D/HD GTA's whose events take place during an elections year VCS is the only one where the republicans won the elections and also the only whose main character ends assassinated.

In Vice City while driving the Coach you can collect passengers at bus stops throughout Vice City. You get 5 bucks for each passenger

It seems you can also do this in San Andreas but there's no money bonus there

GTA SA has less lines of dialogue than GTA IV

GTA IV has almost 2x less dialoue than GTA V

GTA IV has only slightly less dialogue than SR2 (A lot are probably mc records though)

• Like 1