3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SpaceJelloYT

Fun facts about the GTA series!

DOUGL4S1

All the games in the 2D era (1, 1969, 1961 and 2) and GTA Online are the only GTA games where the player can choose a protagonist.

DirtCheap

Johnny Klebitz and Phil Cassidy are the only two characters to appear in the most games.

Both appear in 4 separate games each

Phil appears in III, VC, LCS and VCS

Johnny appears in IV, TLAD, TBOGT and V

jaljax

-In GTA III Phil Cassidy's missing his left arm. In Vice City it's his right.

More than likely a error , but hilarious lmao

jaljax

Another fact: In the GTA San Andreas introduction you see Luigi's club (Currently 1992), but in Liberty City Stories (1998) it is owned by Paulie Sindacco at the beginning of the game meaning the Leone's never had possession of the club back in 1992 until the events of Liberty City Stories so this is more than likely a mistake .

-The Fixer and Faustin are voiced by the same voice actor. His full name slips me. Karel something? It's on GTA Wiki anyway.

Karel Roden

Evil empire

-In the 3D-era when the main character is White his main enemy is always a gang or mafia leader whereas when the main character is Black his main enemy is always a member of a state institution.

-Claude is the only main character of the 3D-era who doesn't lead any gang or mafia at the end of the game

-Claude is also the only main character of the 3D-era who met 2 other main protagonists

-Catalina is the only female main antagonist in the GTA's

-Catalina is also the only main antagonist in the 3D universe to also appear in another episode

-Even if Liberty City has en elevated train and a metro San Andreas is the only place where the main character can drive a train and Carl Johnson is the only one who can drive this vehicle more than once during his adventures.

-Luis Lopez is the only main protagonist to be Latino and Huang Lee is the only Asian to play an as important role

EDIT: -Frank Tenpenny is the only Black main enemy in the 3D universe and also the only one who runs away from the main character instead of fighting him

Edited by Evil empire

Officer Ronson

-Luis Lopez is the only main protagonist to be Latino and Huang Lee is the only Asian to play an as important role

Victor is dominican.

Alexy Nex

Tommy can swim.

mde2

Tommy can swim.

Since when?

American Venom

Karel Roden

That's it. Thanks pal.:)

I always thought it was interesting because The Fixer even though we never actually meet him sounds African American to me yet Faustin is Russian. Have to give it to him for the cultural diversity. In fact it's extremely rare in any GTA game to have a voice actor voice more than one character in the same game.

Anyone else got some more examples?

Tao Cheng

GTAIV, RDR, MCLA, Table Tennis, and other Rockstar titles is merely a test pawn for Grand Theft Auto V.

D418

- GTA 1's theme song can also be heard in GTA III (Claude's pager, in one radio station), GTA Vice City (in the Commodore 64-style opening), and as a ringtone in GTA 4 and EfLC (the ringtone is called 'Pager', pretty cool, eh?)

CJ also sometimes sings it when idling in GTA: SA.

(40:13)

Domac

EDIT: -Frank Tenpenny is the only Black main enemy in the 3D universe and also the only one who runs away from the main character instead of fighting him

What do you mean "runs away from the main character"? He wasn't scared of CJ at all. He was more scared of Sweet, to back it up, you can see by the cutscene in 'End of the line' when Tenpenny is aiming at CJ, he'd look around to see if Sweet was there. CJ even shouts "Hey, Sweet!" and Tenpenny got scared and ran off. At this point he was scared of CJ too.

Before 'End of the line', and 'High Noon', he wasn't scared since he had Pulaski and Hernandez with him, so CJ couldn't kill him.

OT:

If you get arrested in GTA Vice City, you might hear Ken Rosenberg saying:

"Get Sgt. Pulaski down here, that fat chump owes me a favour". It is more than obvious that he means Eddie Pulaski from GTA:SA.

1:01

Edited by Domac

Evil empire

What do you mean "runs away from the main character"? He wasn't scared of CJ at all. He was more scared of Sweet, to back it up, you can see by the cutscene in 'End of the line' when Tenpenny is aiming at CJ, he'd look around to see if Sweet was there. CJ even shouts "Hey, Sweet!" and Tenpenny got scared and ran off. At this point he was scared of CJ too.

Before 'End of the line', and 'High Noon', he wasn't scared since he had Pulaski and Hernandez with him, so CJ couldn't kill him.

During CJ's 5 years exile in Liberty Sweet remains in Los Santos which doesn't prevent Tenpenny from working with the Ballas, do you still think the corrupt cop is that scared by Sweet?

By the way Frank knows it's CJ who killed Pulaski and many powerful FBI agents before which gives an idea of what he's ready to do with Tenpenny.

If Tenpenny was real he would run away from CJ because he knows Carl wants to eliminate him so the cop doesn't denunce Johnson's crimes in exchange of a lighter penalty.

-During the 3D-era Liberty City is the only place where the main enemy dies inside a helicopter.

Domac

During CJ's 5 years exile in Liberty Sweet remains in Los Santos which doesn't prevent Tenpenny from working with the Ballas, do you still think the corrupt cop is that scared by Sweet?

By the way Frank knows it's CJ who killed Pulaski and many powerful FBI agents before which gives an idea of what he's ready to do with Tenpenny.

If Tenpenny was real he would run away from CJ because he knows Carl wants to eliminate him so the cop doesn't denunce Johnson's crimes in exchange of a lighter penalty.

What I mean is, Tenpenny wasn't running from CJ, because he wasn't scared (since he was a corrupt cop, if CJ killed him he'd end up being killed by Pulaski or Hernandez too).

In the final mission, Tenpenny lost his 'backup' (Pulaski and Hernandez), so he was scared in Big Smoke's crack palace of being outnumbered.

Sure, he was acting all tough towards CJ, because he had a shotgun aimed at him, but be was scared that Sweet was gonna come from behind and shoot him in the back, thus why he kept looking behind him. CJ was smart and he noticed that Tenpenny was scared, so he used it to his advantage to get cover.

Tenpenny was then panicking so he ran out of the building into the firetruck, attempting to escape from CJ & Sweet.

Also, CJ wasn't exiled as far as I know, he ran off because the death of his brother, Brian, was CJ's fault; he then ran off to Liberty City.

When his mom died he came back to LS for her funeral.

Edited by Domac

eCola

In the GTA IV mission, "Do You Have Protection?", you can actually visit Algonquin early without getting gunned down by the police.

Evil empire

What I mean is, Tenpenny wasn't running from CJ, because he wasn't scared (since he was a corrupt cop, if CJ killed him he'd end up being killed by Pulaski or Hernandez too).

In the final mission, Tenpenny lost his 'backup' (Pulaski and Hernandez), so he was scared in Big Smoke's crack palace of being outnumbered.

Sure, he was acting all tough towards CJ, because he had a shotgun aimed at him, but be was scared that Sweet was gonna come from behind and shoot him in the back, thus why he kept looking behind him. CJ was smart and he noticed that Tenpenny was scared, so he used it to his advantage to get cover.

Tenpenny was then panicking so he ran out of the building into the firetruck, attempting to escape from CJ & Sweet.

Also, CJ wasn't exiled as far as I know, he ran off because the death of his brother, Brian, was CJ's fault; he then ran off to Liberty City.

When his mom died he came back to LS for her funeral.

Whatever your interpretation is Frank Tenpenny is the only Black main enemy in the 3D-period and also the only one who doesn't fight the main protagonist but runs away from him (and Sweet by the way).

-Despite being available in all the 3D-era episodes the Mr Whoopee only allows to play a side-mission in GTA Vice City

-GTA Vice City and San Andreas are the only games where the player can compete in stadium events.

-GTA 3 is the only 3D episode where the player can't drive any 2-wheeled vehicle

EDIT: -Claude is the only main protagonist who makes a cameo in an episode chronogically set before the one where he has the main role

-Claude is also the only main protagonist who makes a cameo in an episode released after the one where he plays the main role

-The taxi job is the only one the player can perform in every episode from GTA 3 to GTA 5

-Even if the police Maverick appears in every episode since Vice City the player can never use it to play the vigilante sub-mission

Edited by Evil empire

American Venom

-GTA IV has the GTA III pager melody as a ringtone.

-It's possible to play pool with friends inside of PBX's loft (if you acquired it).

-Steinway Beer Garden isn't the only place where you can play darts. There's another pub called Lucky Winkles which isn't shown on the map in Algonquin. 

-Not really sure this is a fact necessarily. Moreso my personal observation, but I've always believed Darko was made to resemble Niko as a way of symbolising what Niko would become if he didn't put his criminal life behind him.

TheSadisticOwl
On 5/21/2018 at 8:30 AM, Jack Lupino said:

-CJ is still the most customisable gta character till date

Not anymore. The GTA Online protagonist is the one that's the most customizable now.

TheSantader25
On 6/8/2018 at 7:33 AM, TheSadisticOwl said:

Not anymore. The GTA Online protagonist is the one that's the most customizable now.

But can he get fat or muscular? Or can he not act like a retard when jumping and punching?Can he learn new moves?  Nope. 

TheSadisticOwl
14 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

But can he get fat or muscular? Or can he not act like a retard when jumping and punching?Can he learn new moves?  Nope. 

I meant aesthetic wise, such as clothing, face and hair. The only thing that lacks is different body type for sure, but you can't change CJ's sex either.

eCola

In GTA IV, Dwayne's missions, as well as The Holland Play and Brucie's No. 1, are completely optional, so you can play them even after completing any of the two endings.

JayKed20

San Andreas was supposed to have multiple protagonists, much like GTA5.

American Venom
3 hours ago, JayKed20 said:

San Andreas was supposed to have multiple protagonists, much like GTA5.

It probably explains why the rest of the story is so whacked and inconsistent for CJ's character. I bet if there were multiple protagonists someone with actual experience would've done all of Toreno's sh*t and in Las Venturas maybe someone involved in a mafia family as it would've made a lot more sense.

I doubt it would've been free switching at will though. I'm guessing like The Getaway switching back and forth depending on the missions.

Hmmm nice bike
2 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

It probably explains why the rest of the story is so whacked and inconsistent for CJ's character. I bet if there were multiple protagonists someone with actual experience would've done all of Toreno's sh*t and in Las Venturas maybe someone involved in a mafia family as it would've made a lot more sense. 

Multiple protagonists was something they had considered for SA, but who knows how far that idea got into development or when it came to writing the story. Wouldn't surprise me if an early draft did have other protagonists besides CJ and then he ended up being the one kept on and reworked into the others' stories.

Here's a fun fact about the location they decided on for GTA IV. Very early on, they were considering setting it in a state based entirely on New York, rather than just New York City and a small bit of New Jersey. A concept map was made, and they thought this was the next logical step for the series following SA being a state, but they scaled it back to just LC.

And I really wish Rockstar would stop being so secretive about concepts and just show off the damn map, I'd be curious to see what the state of Liberty would have looked like.

American Venom

-GTA IV is the only GTA to have a wedding and a funeral.

-Images of GTA1 can be found on computers in [email protected] cafes in GTA III.

-Originally GTA III was going to let players choose their own name.

-HD era protagonists can run forever without running out of breath.

-In GTA V it's possible to rupture the fuel tank of vehicles due to heavy damage causing a leak and an eventual explosion.

TheSantader25
27 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

-HD era protagonists can run forever without running out of breath.

In GTAV if you have sh*t stamina you lose health. 

American Venom
11 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

In GTAV if you have sh*t stamina you lose health. 

Yeah. I thought about that not long after I made the point. My mistake.😛

xXPinguXx
33 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

The Silenced Pistol is only available in GTA San Andreas 

Don't forget about GTA V where you could add a suppressor to any gun including a pistol.

GTAVGG

Although uncredited, Trevor’s mother was voiced by Geraldine Moffat who is the mother of Dan and Sam Houser.

American Venom

Some more facts about my most beloved franchise in gaming because I love talking about these things.

-The 3D era Stallion can be seen in the school workshop in Bully.

-Vice City is the only city in the series to be in its real life state of Florida.

-Depsite the opening of GTA III transporting Claude, 8 Ball and co to prison there is no prison in GTA III.

-Every time a significant member of The Lost MC dies in TLAD they have a photo of them placed on the memorial wall in the clubhouse.

-Niko is the only GTA IV/EFLC protagonist to be seen in the opening of all three games. GTA IV (obviously). Walking around Alderney (TLAD) and during Three Leaf Clover + the aftermath (TBOGT).

That'll probably be it for a while until I think of some more.