2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

[GTAO] The "Share Your Observations" Thread

fw3

This is not a place to share stories, that is for the Share Your Stories thread.

This is purely about specific observations you've made about elements of GTAO, recently, that you may not have noticed prior.

Whether it's the people, the landscape, vehicles, how to traverse the world, the sky, buildings – whatever, if you've got a quick, brief observation to share, I would personally enjoy hearing about it.

Why this thread? Because, so often in the game I notice the coolest, strangest, most detail-oriented things that I'd love to share for other players to check out, if they're interested.

For example, I found a windmill a few months ago that actually has a ladder on it so you can climb to the top. I ended up sharing that in the "Things You Didn't Know Until Now" thread, which was appropriate.

But, in another example, whenever I'm in a lobby alone, I take closer note of the NPCs. Today, I observed the "sitting NPCs" and just how lonely they all look. It was kind of sad to see them sitting alone, and while I observed them, they were observing the world around them.

Other things I was observing, recently, were the tool stations in the Bunker. The level of detail on things like a drill press, right down to the key-chuck hole, are really amazing and worth pointing out.

So, if there are specific observations on things you've notice, recently, in the game, please feel free to share so myself and others can look for them, too.

There's SO much in this game to take in, even after five years, that's it's worth exploring and sharing, even now.

Oh, and pictures definitely help! Thanks and looking forward to your observations!

Cheers! :)

Sad NPC has no money for coffee since losing his job AND his girlfriend. Now, he sits longing of a new love… someone who has coffee money.
cRMci7M7vk6gm68EMj3VkQ_0_0.jpg

​

Edited by fw3
  • Like 3

No Use For A Name

Ive observed that since the new PS4 update came out with the black loading screen, Im loading into sessions much faster and getting fewer connection error messages.

Willy A. Jeep

Lago Zancudo's ambience. I've been enjoying my Kamacho around there recently, as well as a few... less suited vehicles, and when I've had to get out to call another car or to just enjoy the scenery, I've been listening to the sounds of the lagoon. The call of birds, insect voices, the distant roar of cars passing over on the bridge, sounds of the fort drifting along the breeze. All very immersing and peaceful. Can't really get a picture of it, though, hah.

Makes me wish more of the game's soundscapes were so finely tuned as the rural areas, and that the incidental sounds were of better engineering.

• Like 6

Ive observed that since the new PS4 update came out with the black loading screen, Im loading into sessions much faster and getting fewer connection error messages.

It's hit or miss really

When the black screen happens, loading times are cut down but sometimes it doesn't happen and you end up waiting for what seems like forever just before getting timed out

• Like 3

Yellow Dog with Cone

Sad NPC has no money for coffee since losing his job AND his girlfriend. Now, he sits longing of a new love someone who has coffee money.

cRMci7M7vk6gm68EMj3VkQ_0_0.jpg

Big mood

On topic: When the last Transform Races were recently added, I observed that almost no one knows how to fly a Thruster.

Easiest race wins ever.

• Like 3

Interesting thread, fw3. :) Here's one:

I've noticed, at least in Penthouse Suite 3 of Eclipse Towers (it should be the case on the other customizable apartments), that when I changed the interior style from Moody to Sharp that a small table with chairs and a cup, outside in the balcony, visible from the second floor, were both removed.

Kinda sad, really, since it kinda makes that style feel less complete.

Interesting thread, fw3. :) Here's one:

I've noticed, at least in Penthouse Suite 3 of Eclipse Towers (it should be the case on the other customizable apartments), that when I changed the interior style from Moody to Sharp that a small table with chairs and a cup, outside in the balcony, visible from the second floor, were both removed.

Kinda sad, really, since it kinda makes that style feel less complete.

Thank you, Volganor! I appreciate the kind words.

As for the interior change, that's kind of strange, right? Not sure what would prompt such a frivolous change, but why not occupy that furniture model with just a different model?

Good observation and I'll have to look at my properties a bit closer. ;)

My ingame apartments (Del Perro heights apt 7) has the same window view as my irl one - to the backyard and freeway. Nothing to look at... even in game...

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2018 at 5:43 AM, Sanches said:

My ingame apartments (Del Perro heights apt 7) has the same window view as my irl one - to the backyard and freeway. Nothing to look at... even in game...

On my first trip to Miami, it was after playing GTA Vice City for two years – I was completely overwhelmed at how closely they got the game to that city.

But, going to LA and San Diego, it's nothing short of astounding how much they got right in the game from reality – even the backyards and freeways are accurate.
Boring to look at yes, but accurate as heck!

As for a recent observation, I just noticed the other night that none of my yacht's accoutrement vehicles are actually tied off to anything, despite there being plenty of rope.

So, how do the Seasharks and Toros stay fixed to the boat if they're just floating, untethered? Wouldn't they drift off at some point? Weird. ;)

qmzBWQCz10OSTG143V5oTg_0_0.jpg

• Like 2

ALifeOfMisery

A recent observation is that since hitting level 400 hardly anyone f*cks with me in freeroam.

It must be a no mans land where I'm not low enough that I'm seen as an easy target but not high enough to be seen as a trophy kill.

• Like 4

FrugalDangerMan
6 hours ago, fw3 said:

As for a recent observation, I just noticed the other night that none of my yacht's accoutrement vehicles are actually tied off to anything, despite there being plenty of rope.

So, how do the Seasharks and Toros stay fixed to the boat if they're just floating, untethered? Wouldn't they drift off at some point? Weird. ;)

My friend the unicorn says it's magic!

o3uS5LX.jpg

Edited by PNutterSammich