3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

Several Dead In Texas School Shooting

dante財閥

Didn't France have a mass stabbing this week?

but didn't an entirely unrelated event happen in another country somewhere ????

He said America had a "unique culture of violence" and I was kind enough to remind him that his own country had a mass stabbing this week.

You're both idiots.

You don't think the brand of violence that see's children being killed in places of education on a consistent basis is very much an American flavour of horror? You're proving my exact point by invoking whatboutism. You are utterly unwilling to examine your nation's issues honestly because why? Some weird notion of nationalism?

I don't need reminding by anyone about my nation's issues with violence. It's certainly not "unique" though, and it doesn't come from a an unwillingness to engage by government entities or crybabies like you, who are more interested in a nation's reputation than the fact children are dying every month from utterly preventable shootings. Some f*cking citizen you are.

Edited by dante財閥

Chiari

Hey guys I know that the Bataclan got ripped to shreds with 90 shot to death and Nice had 86 killed by a truck but let me talk about how violence is "unique" to America. If anyone challenges my ridiculous notion of mass killings being unique to one country I'll cry whataboutism because I'm just a silly pot and you're all kettles.

make total destroy

No one said violence is unique to America you f*cking airhead. What people are saying is that these sort of mass shootings don't occur with the same frequency anywhere else.

dante財閥

Hey guys I know that the Bataclan got ripped to shreds with 90 shot to death and Nice had 86 killed by a truck but let me talk about how violence is "unique" to America. If anyone challenges my ridiculous notion of mass killings being unique to one country I'll cry whataboutism because I'm just a silly pot and you're all kettles.

On the off chance you're not being intentionally stupid and you actually might understand something that's more coherent, I'll indulge on a very simple level.

Terrorism = not a unique brand of violence to any country

Mass school shootings in which hundreds of kids are killed year on year = pretty unique to one country.

Are you following buddy

Triple Vacuum Seal

The least they can do is start trying to track down the shooters before they commit these crimes. It's not hard. These dunces all have an internet presence, and apparently all have some pathetic compulsion to whine incessantly about how many people they'll kill and how women don't like them.

Develop a profile of their behaviour, then look for comments which correlate on sites like YouTube - where people can write whatever batsh*t nonsense they want. sh*t, just go to Reddit and take a look at the "incel" crowd, some of them are doubtlessly ticking time bombs and should be disappeared before they snap.

These creatures all seem to publicise themselves before they act, so why is no one watching out for them?

There's a slippery slope. Ethics and legal/constitutional concerns aside, perhaps there are some sophisticated web-based behavioral analysis products being used to detect potential mass shooters/terrorist. Local law enforcement may be alerted whenever a flagged person approaches a school or some other sensitive public space. But then there are a host of other public places they can shoot up. So even if we focused on the incel types and what not first (and there are a lot them), we would be required assign them each a 24/7 watch to prevent shootings. Sure with police drones and just about every personal knickknack being networked nowadays (with audio and video capability as well), such an effort is not impossible going forward. Again it's a slippery slope and it would be crass to expect state security services not to abuse such a capability. Today it's only incels being disappeared and tomorrow it's anyone who asks questions or thinks critically.

There's a lot of fear out there. So it's probably politically feasible to get 'both sides' of the mass shooting debate to agree on intensifying surveillance. But it would be resource intensive. The fact of the matter is that human life is cheap, and these solutions are expensive. I do agree that many incel types are ticking time bombs. Nowadays, festering losers are more entitled and lack stoicism. I hate to deflect to mental health, but the kind of unstable people out there with access to guns is a problem.

Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal

elfoam

Clearly still not enough guns in America to protect Americans from guns. Or simply more prayer needed

Tools of the world award of the year.. Again

Johnny Spaz

Why don't they just put metal detectors in these schools?

Metal detectors detect metal... they don't magically prevent school shootings.Amazingly, guns are made out of metal, huh, who coulda thought that right? Edited by Johnny Spaz

Tchuck

Why don't they just put metal detectors in these schools?

Metal detectors detect metal... they don't magically prevent school shootings.
Amazingly, guns are made out of metal, huh, who coulda thought that right?

Amazingly, school shootings don't need to begin inside school. Columbine, the one that started it all, had both of the killers go to their cars, pick up their bombs, their guns, and stroll back into school. A metal detector wouldn't have prevented anything then. And it won't now.

trip

If you go to a school (or anywhere else) with a plan to mow down a bunch of people with guns is the beep of a metal detector going to stop you? You could just treat the beep as the starting whistle.

To all who have completed their US school careers before these shooting became a thing. Imagine how weird it must be to be a student now a days.

GtaLegend15

Honestly being a student now is scary , Everyone is so edgy and fake depressed . Like in my school campus the security sucks and someone got raped in the stairwell even with security in the building so its like insane because I dont feel safe at all in my school

AiraCobra

The police are working on a theory that this all started over a girl and some popular kids picking on him.

Apparently a week or so ago Shana Fisher who was supposedly the first one shot and killed had rejected his asking her on a date and humiliated him in front of the whole class and following the incident other kids in the class continued to tease him about the rejection.

People aren't teaching this as a scorned lover taking revenge but as a bullied kid who snapped but this is just one theory being put forth right now

Triple Vacuum Seal

To all who have completed their US school careers before these shooting became a thing. Imagine how weird it must be to be a student now a days.

Back in high school, we used to make a mental note of kids (that we knew of at least) most likely to shoot the place up. I always went slightly out of my way to be nice to them while also keeping some distance in hopes of being spared. That awareness was probably a half measure, but definitely something most parents should be discussing with their kids.

Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal