2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Rafae

Take-Two CEO thinks lootboxes are an appropriate game mechanic

Jerking For Soup

Just rly proves that rockstar are EA with a little better rep and actually decent games. 

Foreverpast
On 5/24/2018 at 4:26 PM, Cheesy_wotsit said:

Sorry nope even that isn't cheating the system. Unless I am using something that injects code or directly changes the code provided by Rcokstar then what I am doing is using the code they have authorised for release. The reason why you can dupe and glitch is a combination of poor Q and A on Rcokstars behalf and a pathetic infrastructure that over sees how missions and lobbies are launched, the latest run of dupe glitches all use exploits tied to how the game deals with matchmaking and lobbies. If Rcokstar had spent some time with making matchmaking fast and efficient the latest run of glitches wouldn't work but then on the flipside players being able to join and run missions faster would allow them to make money more quickly.

You're exploiting crappy coding, that's called cheating the system. 

Hacking & modding which sometimes involves changing developer scripts or at least altering how they run, is a form of cheating.

Duping cars because R* has been running this GTAO experience with rather poor efficiency is still cheating, you're exploiting actions that are not designed/intended to be used for gameplay.

No dedicated servers which leads to the issues with matchmaking & how exploits can be used from it.

This GTAO was essentially an experiment for R* & they ran with it once it surpassed all expectations in profit & popularity.

There's not much they could do to significantly improve it at this point, to where it'd be worth the time & money on their end, instead investing both elements for the next game.

Cheesy_wotsit

You're exploiting crappy coding, that's called cheating the system. 

Hacking & modding which sometimes involves changing developer scripts or at least altering how they run, is a form of cheating.

Duping cars because R* has been running this GTAO experience with rather poor efficiency is still cheating, you're exploiting actions that are not designed/intended to be used for gameplay.

The issue is that Rcokstar's intentions don't matter a jot. If they don't want people to use the game code they release, they Q and A, they gave the thumbs up to to dupe cars or use glitches then the onus oif responsibility is entirely on them to make sure their code is correct and tested before released and I am sorry the whole variables, permutations, interactions their is no way they could find and fix all those before release is crap. GTAO is the most profitable piece of entertainment ever released so Rcokstar certainly have the money to test for these exploits. What's worse is when you look at the exploits they are all variables of the same type of exploit but Rcokstar being Rockstar only fix them as they pop up.

Yes Rcokstar do indeed have the right to look at player data and go hmm today this guy had 1 elegy retro and now six hours later he has 40.... something not quite right there but Rcokstar being Rcokstar have decided that money is the factor that determines if you are 'cheating' and even then it's a simple case of amount rather than how it was actually obtained. f*ck their dupe detection system works purely on how many cars you sell in a certain time it doesn't even look at what cars you are selling so if I opt to sell the 10 cars I've not used in the last three years one after another I get a dupe marker placed against my account.

At EVERY single stage Rcokstar has taken the laziest, least effective methods for almost every aspect of this game right from the content it is releasing, right through to play testing, Q and Aing and ending with the back end that controls everything from player accounts right through to matchmaking.

If you want to say I am cheating go for it whatever makes you sleep better at night but frankly when it comes to GTAO it feels like the only people that are getting cheated are the players that spend hours grinding for crap poorly tested content or worse yet some poor bastard who actually forked over real world cash to buy some awful piece of over priced poorly implemented rubbish.

kenmy13999
24 minutes ago, Cheesy_wotsit said:

f*ck their dupe detection system works purely on how many cars you sell in a certain time it doesn't even look at what cars you are selling so if I opt to sell the 10 cars I've not used in the last three years one after another I get a dupe marker placed against my account.

What you're talking about here is the daily selling limit and not the dupe detection system, two different things 

Black-Dragon96
2 hours ago, kenmy13999 said:

What you're talking about here is the daily selling limit and not the dupe detection system, two different things 

Wich is basicly the same thing, since you get dupedetected if you hit said sale limit to often.

kenmy13999
2 hours ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

Wich is basicly the same thing, since you get dupedetected if you hit said sale limit to often.

You raise your exploit level and will be marked as a RepeatCapOffender if you hit your daily limit every day for a time but you're not dupe detected. Selling dupe detected cars will get you in the highest level of RepeatCapOffender faster and in worst case you'll only be able to sell one car per 30 hours rl for x amount of months.. 

Dupe detection is related to the license plated on your cars and legit players can get dupe detected for only selling one car if they sell a car with personal plates that is for example deleted from ifruit. That is if you have that plate on two or more cars 

Cheesy_wotsit
22 hours ago, kenmy13999 said:

Yup my bad but wasn't the sell limit introduced to combat people selling cars that aren't or cannot be tagged by the dupe detection system? The point being that if I've got five storages facilities full of cars obtained over four years of game play and I opt to sell half of these vehicles in a day I get the same punishment mark placed against my account as someone who is selling duped cars i.e the RepeatCapOffender. It is another example of how Rcokstar half arsed the system. All the player data is stored on their end surely it would be possible to check what is going on in a players account and tag weird or strange factors such as this guy had 1 elegy retro today and now after 6 hours of game play he has 30 yet their has been no movement in his cash balance?

xaml
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2018 at 12:43 AM, DangerZ0neX said:

People here will ignorantly defend micro-transactions yet they realize this is too far for them, but if you're looking for people willing to defend every single scummy thing Rockstar and Take-Two do, look no further than r/gtaonline.

This is not how I experience it, but who am I to burst this simplified bubble.

20 minutes ago, Cheesy_wotsit said:

The point being that if I've got five storages facilities full of cars obtained over four years of game play and I opt to sell half of these vehicles in a day I get the same punishment mark placed against my account as someone who is selling duped cars (...)

I agree that the selling limitation is unwarranted and annoying for purchased vehicles, but to me this seems less like a punishment and more of a patchwork solution for a possible lack of distinction between owned vehicles or in other words vehicles driven into one's garage and purchased vehicles.

Edited by xaml

kenmy13999
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cheesy_wotsit said:

Yup my bad but wasn't the sell limit introduced to combat people selling cars that aren't or cannot be tagged by the dupe detection system? The point being that if I've got five storages facilities full of cars obtained over four years of game play and I opt to sell half of these vehicles in a day I get the same punishment mark placed against my account as someone who is selling duped cars i.e the RepeatCapOffender. It is another example of how Rcokstar half arsed the system. All the player data is stored on their end surely it would be possible to check what is going on in a players account and tag weird or strange factors such as this guy had 1 elegy retro today and now after 6 hours of game play he has 30 yet their has been no movement in his cash balance?

Sell limit have been there longer than the dupe detection system but you're right that both things lead to RepeatCapOffender. That said there's still kind of a big difference with a lot of things in those systems and if you reach your daily sell limit one day it won't matter but selling or trying to sell two "dirty" dupes the same day can/will result in you only be able to sell one car each 30 hours for 1,5 years or something like that.

Said in another post on this page that legit players can also be falsely dupe detected and dupe detected doesn't necessarily mean that you get marked as  RepeatCapOffender.

I'm probably nitpicking on these differences but at the same time I think it's important that as many people as possible knows that there's a difference and that legit players can get dupe detected if they don't know about the flaws in the dupe detection system.

If legit players have a custom plate on two or more of their cars and they either delete that plate in ifruit or unlink their social club account they will get marked as dupes and potentially get them in trouble 

Edit: If you're dupe detected you also lose the ability to use custom licence plates but not sure if/or what level of RepeatCapOffender you lose custom plates at 

Edited by kenmy13999