Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,289 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

El Payaso

Why have CEO organizations become dull?

El Payaso

I remember when CEO organizations first came out, people would send messages asking to join organizations. Now, almost no one joins CEO organizations anymore. Even after sending a dozen invites over and over.

"Organizations" have pretty much become a one man thing. What can Rockstar do to make organizations appealing again?

Rafae

Why be an associate when you can be a CEO?

/thread

ALifeOfMisery

^ Yeah, that's about it.

It was hard enough to get even sh*tty low levels to join, but since the starter pack and the "premium online edition" (lol) almost everyone starts the game being able to be a CEO and President.

Stormingz

Sometimes, I like to help the lower level players by joining them for a while, I’m not exactly short on cash so I figure why not, it doesn’t exactly hurt me as I believe my product still goes up in my MC businesses and bunker.

IamCourtney

If the pay were halfway decent I'd consider being an Associate occasionally as a low-stress way to make money in free roam without risking my own goods. No way I'm trusting some rando with anything of consequence, that's why I keep my operations as lone-wolf as possible.

Sanches

Just community is being anarchistic to Rockstar.

Hécate-II

Beside VIP jobs everything is boring and a scam for the associate. Best is to do rotation/loop of VIP jobs with some friends(ideally a group of 4 players).

Sentinel Driver

Assiocates don't get paid sh*t and everyone can be a CEO so it's nothing special

KWF1981

/thread

Yep.

3 times I've had 'friends' deliberately blow my crates up. Since then, I do the damn lot by myself, lol. This ain't heists, I don't have to mix my businesses with others. ;)

That, and it pays f*ck all really to just be a distraction and fight the sh*t out there, paying insurances sometimes too. Or, to do the job and take the bullsh*t risks for fat-headed lazy f*cks that hide in their offices/property while I/we do it all.

Sooner sell documents at lone wolf limits alone with smaller friendlier players around me doing the same, or bounce until alone.

Cutter De Blanc

It' still the same, the people have changed

Nutduster

They never gave much incentive to being an associate. It's only worthwhile if you're broke and can't run your own org. Otherwise, you make more money being a CEO and you get to make the decisions instead of living with someone else's.

Blasterman4EVER
Posted (edited)

We are in need of a revamp.

Certainly there can be more than there is currently.

What about selling military vehicles?
Cigarette boat missions?

What I want more than anything is a POI operation. A mode designed around completing missions in free mode with a character in the online story that offers power ups and shows up on the map as a big blip.

Maybe incorporate the yacht into more CEO work.

As for the lack of incentive problem for associates, it's about time CEO associates had other duties and powerups, and abilities of their own that are unique from the CEO.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

HARBUJAHN

/thread

Hit the nail on the head here mate but i do see ops point ceo/vip was big at the time but times have changed

No Use For A Name

I rarely ever get invites to help people with business anymore. Instead, I get invites from people looking for backup in a freeroam pissing match they started.

ALifeOfMisery

I rarely ever get invites to help people with business anymore. Instead, I get invites from people looking for backup in a freeroam pissing match they started.

I get this. If I'm driving around clothes shopping or changing up some car customisation I hardly ever get an invite.

If I'm in a Pyro, Akula or Khanjali I get spam org invites from every low level CEO who have bitten off more than they can chew.

wizooord
Posted (edited)

If its PC,

I'll tell you why:

Because you need to be in a public session.

And public sessions are infected with zit-covered cheaters and mod menu users,

Who can somehow infect you, a clean player who never cheated, with their obnoxious filthy mods,

So Rockstar's incompetent anti-cheat could false flag you and kick you in the nuts, ban you for a month and delete everything you earned.

So if anyone is doing CEO stuff these days, its most likely in a solo session, alone or with a friend, a hostage to rockstar's inability to provide a minimal security feeling to their gameplay experience.

Edited by wizooord

xwinkx_girlYakuza

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.. :miranda:

DangerZ0neX
  • You can register as a VIP if you have $15K instead of the previous $1M barrier.
  • Associate pay is low, and with how expensive everything is, why not be your own boss?
  • Griefers want to become CEOs just to activate Ghost Org, grief people in Deluxos or Lazers, and then quit as CEOs to hide in passive once someone is on their tail or their time in Ghost Org has ended.

Long story short; bad game design.

CrysisAverted

When everyone is a ceo, no one will be... well I mean not everyone can be ceo last I checked there was a limit to how many different orgs could be in a session

Commander S

It's not just the payouts, either - beginning with Import/Export, R* started screwing up their entire CEO/associate model, all by adding unlockable stuff.

Associate pay might be terrible, but it's a bit like being in a heist crew and getting a terrible cut - you could still unlock things like the Kuruma by being a crew member, not just the host.

But with things like the Special Vehicle Missions, or Doomsday Heist's trade prices, you have to be the host, own the HQ property, etc. - if you're an associate, you don't get any of those. Likewise, the Special Vehicles themselves - if you want a Ruiner 2000, you'll need a vehicle warehouse first, and thus an office. And if you have an office, you might as well be a CEO, instead of doing the same activities for measly associate pay.

Basically, R* didn't (or rather, doesn't) think about how newer updates would recontextualise older ones, and affect the way people play - they're too busy making everyone own ALL THE THINGS to consider that doing so makes everyone operate as an organisation of one.

R3CON

Rafae had the number one answer and poor associate pay is the biggest motivator to refrain from investing your time. However, this comment below best matches my personal reasoning:

This is my biggest reason, because even if you don't need the cash, you can still be taken on a wild goose chase you never asked for.

There's been countless times where I've joined players hoping to help them move product, sell, steal cars, provide back up, whatever only to end up as a pawn in their larger freeroam crusade against other players or other orgs. Many people view CEO/MC abilities as tools to enable their own personal militia and use the various vehicles and perks to this end. Ghost Organization, Bull Shark Testosterone, Oppressor Spawns, Ammo Drops - not used in defense or held in reserve on a supply misison, but instead used to "get up on" the opposing org in battle over the kill ratio.

I just signed up to help them do work/jobs in the session, not spend the next half hour in some stupid tit-for-tat conflict. But that doesn't matter to many of these CEOs/MC Presidents. We work for them, so what whatever tangential or inconsequential crusade they embark on is unapologetically our burden to bear too. Sure, there are CEOs who do remain focused on making money but they're drowned out by the warriors.

III-Ari-III

I don't know about you but it depends on the session for me.. even high rankers joining me, it's not odd for me to form 5 to 8 people mclubs in filled sessions..

Mrs. Buzz

I would join them more often if:

• I won't read their kill-feed beforehand while I'm in the session
  • they were able to communicate
  • they won't sit in their office just placing the orders for the crates to autofill their warehouses
  • they ran from business to business ordering resupplies and hiding there without ever selling
  • insert meme here...

While I love joining random heists, I only join friends MC/CEO stuff and vise versa.

El Payaso

It's not just the payouts, either - beginning with Import/Export, R* started screwing up their entire CEO/associate model, all by adding unlockable stuff.

Associate pay might be terrible, but it's a bit like being in a heist crew and getting a terrible cut - you could still unlock things like the Kuruma by being a crew member, not just the host.

But with things like the Special Vehicle Missions, or Doomsday Heist's trade prices, you have to be the host, own the HQ property, etc. - if you're an associate, you don't get any of those. Likewise, the Special Vehicles themselves - if you want a Ruiner 2000, you'll need a vehicle warehouse first, and thus an office. And if you have an office, you might as well be a CEO, instead of doing the same activities for measly associate pay.

Basically, R* didn't (or rather, doesn't) think about how newer updates would recontextualise older ones, and affect the way people play - they're too busy making everyone own ALL THE THINGS to consider that doing so makes everyone operate as an organisation of one.

This makes a lot of sense.

Solid Scorpion

CEO became dull for me because been there, done that, worn the limited time login snowflake T-shirt.

I'm happy just drifting through contact missions and heists for my $ and occasional teamwork needs.