S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 | 2024

Netuno_

Ft6KbVJ.png

Barely anything about the game was revealed. Let's hope it will not be cancelled again.

Official Site: stalker2.com

Latest Release of the Series: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - 2/10/2009

News:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/15/17358508/stalker-2-announced-gsc-game-world

https://www.theenemy.com.br/pc/sequencia-de-aclamado-jogo-de-pc-stalker-2-e-anunciado (Português Brasileiro)

https://www.gamekult.com/actualite/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-est-annonce-pour-2021-un-site-officiel-est-en-ligne-3050805317.html (Français)

Edited by G8 B8 M8
  • Like 4

Geez... that's a long wait.

I guess if Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. keep a 3-year gap between releases that would be good :p

Edited by Fireman

If history is anything to go by, this will be delayed at some point :p

But highly anticipating it. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was one of my favourite shooters of all time. Unparalleled in it atmosphere and with some awesome AI.

2lzNHds.png

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

is 2021 the actual release date or is the game called Stalker 2021?

Doctor Holliday

If you actually clicked on any of the articles, you would have your answer ;)

Lfa5VBH.jpg

I'm slightly confused.

Are S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Noises of the Zone two different games?

Edited by OurJud

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

As long as this game is similar to the Metro games, it will get my money.

Oh man yes. I loved the mods that expanded on the factions. Specially the ones that allowed you to roam the zone with groups of allied NPCs and whatnot. It felt great.

And a bigger zone! Can you imagine how massive it can be with today's tech?! A huge Pripyat, completely explorable! f*ck yes!

• Like 2

2lzNHds.png

A huge Pripyat, completely explorable! f*ck yes!

Fingers crossed. The few screenshots give me that kind of hope.

• 2 years later...

Update:

Looking good.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/15/stalker-2-dev-update-gameplay-teaser-new-hero/

Now I'm excited.

I'm Ukrainian American...first generation born in the states.  You'd never know it...even my mother has a heavy Philadelphia accent.  I was a young adult when Chernobyle happened (not to mention being from PA I was also around for the 3 Mile Island incident) and Pripyat's exclusion zone has always fascinated me.

The STALKER games were great.  Honest to goodness - great to see GSC Gameworld getting some recognition and finally getting to consoles ...not to mention still being around.

Edited by trip
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, trip said:

Pripyat's exclusion zone has always fascinated me.

The whole history and mystery I get from Soviet-era nations fascinates me as well as the Chernobyl disaster. Playing Metro satisfies my curiosity with those two things. Nuclear disaster in this strange and very differing civilisation, cut off from the world. I do crave some perfect game set in that backdrop but I don't think I've played it yet. Perhaps Metro 2033 was the closest for me. However, I don't so much like survival/horror games but I am fascinated by the setting and the mysteriousness of the Russian underground. 

Never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but knew of it, probably a bit late. So, I look forward to this. Always nice to get into a new series relatively blind and without much expectation only that I like the setting. 

• Like 2

@Mister Pinkain't too late! Call of Pripyat is still very solid and looks quite nice. Has all the hallmarks of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and several improvements.

Even now, a decade later, it still holds up decently.

• Like 1

2lzNHds.png

Well, I hope they create a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. remake, because if not... well, let's say that bad graphics throw me off these days.

7 hours ago, Tchuck said:

@Mister Pinkain't too late! Call of Pripyat is still very solid and looks quite nice. Has all the hallmarks of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and several improvements.

Even now, a decade later, it still holds up decently.

Very nice, good to know. Just checking out a video based on your recommendation of CoP and it does look good. I could actually feel the tension of as this player walks around. It's genuinely spooky.. The setting is just perfect for me. This is gameplay modded but looks great.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 might just by my most anticipated game Xbox/PC game right now. 

STALKER-2-Image-2.jpg?w=1200

Not sure what that is in the background.. Looks like an over-the-horizon radar. Nice. 

STALKER-2-Image-1.jpg?w=1200

Quick Google search and there is an over-the-horizon radar/Nuclear detection system at Chernobyl. Not sure why but I always found them to be eerie. 

1.jpg

11 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Very nice, good to know. Just checking out a video based on your recommendation of CoP and it does look good. I could actually feel the tension of as this player walks around. It's genuinely spooky..

It's so damn good. Mods took the game to a whole new level as well. The three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games were ones I really, really went all the way to finish. So damn atmospheric, so damn good.

• Like 2

2lzNHds.png

15 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Quick Google search and there is an over-the-horizon radar/Nuclear detection system at Chernobyl. Not sure why but I always found them to be eerie. 

1.jpg

Duga-1. It featured prominently in at least one, possibly two, of the prior S.T.A.L.K.E.R titles. 

• Like 1

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

God I'm getting some of the memories of the game back. I recall I think it was in... Clear Sky? There was a sequence with a massive shootout coming out of an abandoned hospital I think? It was so intense, and so damn good.

But the one that defined the game for me, was in Shadow of Chernobyl. In Agroprom, was walking near the factory and I began hearing a lot of shooting. Saw a couple of bodies around, and entered a building to see two stalkers circling around, pointing their guns like mad. But no threat around. 

Great, I'll just climb as high as I can, and scan the area. Began looking around, trying to see if I could find something. Nothing. No other living soul in the distance. Figured it was safe, and began making my way to the underground entrance of Agroprom.

As I was getting closer, I began to hear footsteps behind me. Started to run, and so did the steps. Finally I turn around and....

There was nothing. For a split second, then a frigging bloodsucker became visible and began mauling me. Freaked out and I just laid on it. Killing it. 

Motherf*cker was responsible for the bloodbath in the factory. And waited in hiding, invisible, stalking me. 

God what a game that was.

• Like 2

2lzNHds.png

23 hours ago, Tchuck said:

God what a game that was.

Absolutely. 

You're killing me.   Now I want to fire up the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R games but I'm committed to some other gaming activities atm.

If they pull off their always living world with today's technology I suspect we are in for a good treat.  

• 2 months later...
Mister Pink

Each character has it's own unique teeth built with their own custom teeth tool. Looks really impressive! Also when you see the character model, just look at the detail of hairs on ears. 

STALKER 2 devs show off shiny new boots, guns, and teeth | Windows Central

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

If/when this game makes it to market they should offer a $100+ sku or something where the extra proceeds go towards rebuilding Ukraine.  I imagine people will buy.

Slava Ukraini

Edited by trip

4xQoL0M.jpg

I added it to my steam wishlist

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

• 4 weeks later...

oh, wow....this is real!? f*ck YEAH!

apparently development is halted due to the war, understandably, but the devs said they'd continue at some point.

along with alan wake 2, THIS is the game I'm looking forward to in the future.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Mister Pink
  • 3 weeks later...
Failed Again

I posted a snippet message from Stalker II team in Xbox showcase (Xbox thread)

Some of the team are currently serving in the military

• 6 months later...

In 9 hours there will be a gameplay trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl on the IGN YouTube channel. The trailer is called 'Come to Me'

Edited by Stahli
Typing error

oWCVl1l.png

Like the classic GTA games?          Play The Chain Game!

your best pal

sh*t...stupid f*cking war!

looking forward to setting out in the zone, going on a side mission to make my way to an abandoned, hidden "ghost" cabin where a very rare item of high value can be found. a shrine in it with a picture of said developer is what I picture.

Edited by your best pal
  • Realistic Steak! 1

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.