2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Chrisatsinnoh

What do you miss about the Old-Gen of GTA Online?

Chrisatsinnoh

This is a thread for those who have fond memories of the old gen of Grand Theft Auto Online, and are still within your heart even when the Next-Gen took over 4 years ago. Feel free to post your memories, snapmatics, etc. in here.

If you miss the old-gen, what do you like about the GTA Online that brought us here, before Rockstar did the game their way? Do you miss any of your characters like I do, especially when you couldn't transfer them? Do you miss how the golden days reflected on the PS3 or Xbox One?

Feel free to make a path down your memory lane through all these good 2013-2014 times in the classic Los Santos Streets. I might contribute, too.

Rafae

Oh look it's this thread again

Nothing really, besides the simplicity of everything. Next gen was a massive overhaul in every single way, from the updates to the base game itself.

Quinn_flower

billions bounties

CrysisAverted

My mini-map not being consumed by a player list when I try to expand the map

Passive mode being disabled when in armed vehicles

tank sniping

billionaire-days

Rewdalf

The absence of magical phone ATMs made everyone much more careful with their money...

And it made actual ATMs literal minefields.

hugh750

lets not forget special crate drops

ALifeOfMisery

Smaller lobby size

Cutter De Blanc

I've been sitting here for awhile trying to think of a legitimate answer to this question

Last gen is pretty much a trash heap now, right?

Chrisatsinnoh

In my case, I miss my old gen characters. I remember playing with one of them the most. I couldn't transfer them to the next-gen because my country didn't sell the PS4 or I didn't have enough money to buy one. I also forgot the data of the accounts of the PS3 system, so the transfer was impossible to make at this point, and my characters remain in the system forever. I did remake them from scratch from memory and reference images with the best of my abilities because their appearances are important for me. I remember leaving the Online Universe back in Fall 2014 because Mental State was something that went out of hand for me, and I haven't touched my PS3 since then. It's still in my former home, but my characters remain in my memories anyway.

Here you can see the remakes of my Old Gen Characters. I used their Snapmatics to remake them as close as possible, and even gave them new additions. I remember making a fifth character, but because there were some imperfections on him, I had to replace him. I might post him later with an updated look.

DbhZZP3XUAA8ID9.jpg​

DbhZaPSWkAEvcXk.jpg

DbhZbKGWkAA6BKt.jpg

DbhZcqAW4AAxcv8.jpg

Are you on the same boat as I am on the people who couldn't transfer their characters because of several reasons? If remaking them from scratch sounds like a good idea, then maybe I helped you give them another chance.

Chrisatsinnoh

In my case, I miss my old gen characters. I remember playing with one of them the most. I couldn't transfer them to the next-gen because my country didn't sell the PS4 or I didn't have enough money to buy one. I also forgot the data of the accounts of the PS3 system, so the transfer was impossible to make at this point, and my characters remain in the system forever. I did remake them from scratch from memory and reference images with the best of my abilities because their appearances are important for me. I remember leaving the Online Universe back in Fall 2014 because Mental State was something that went out of hand for me, and I haven't touched my PS3 since then. It's still in my former home, but my characters remain in my memories anyway.

Here you can see the remakes of my Old Gen Characters. I used their Snapmatics to remake them as close as possible, and even gave them new additions. I remember making a fifth character, but because there were some imperfections on him, I had to replace him. I might post him later with an updated look.

DbhZZP3XUAA8ID9.jpg​

DbhZaPSWkAEvcXk.jpg

DbhZbKGWkAA6BKt.jpg

DbhZcqAW4AAxcv8.jpg

Are you on the same boat as I am on the people who couldn't transfer their characters because of several reasons? If remaking them from scratch sounds like a good idea, then maybe I helped you give them another chance.

The blond guy was the character I first created. I made him look 18 instead of 21 because I was a rebel. I do remember remaking 2 GTA IV Multiplayer Characters, but I don't remember their names anymore. But one of them was white and the other was a Latina. I believe they were named Mandy and Luciana? I kinda made them 25 years old. I even remember making another character, but I don't recognize her full name. But it starts with an M. Regardless, I played as them for a while, but I believe they kind of vanished, or were deleted instantly. I might re-use them in the future if I can remember the character with the letter M as part of their name. You guys can help me if you want.

This is the guy who was the fifth character. I did play with him a little bit, but his eye color seemed off. I had to delete him because of it, and make up a story that he had to go home due to a family emergency. But I remade him anyway.

dPn5Wd8.jpg

I also had in mind about other characters who were supposed to be on the old-gen, too. Remember the mystery behind the 3 locked character slots? That's where they were supposed to be. Unfortunately, we ended up with 2 characters and I doubt if they'll release these three slots. I wish they did, but it's not possible. Oh well.

I actually made lots of GTA Online Characters saved for later. I don't know where to post them since I can't find a topic that'll let me share all these characters; including those who were meant to be on the old-gen.

Commander S

Los Santos not looking like a weird mash-up of the worst parts of Call of Duty and Ready Player One, mainly... :turn:

Is this The Guy?

Special crate drops

HPV and armored vans in freemode

Mah billions yo

One thing I really missed from last gen was getting the update vehicles for free in my singe player garage.

elfoam
Posted (edited)

My mini-map not being consumed by a player list when I try to expand the map

Passive mode being disabled when in armed vehicles

tank sniping

billionaire-days

Yep for me also the player list / mini map is the major area GTA sucks on current gen compared to PS3. Crate drops is the second reason

Edited by elfoam

Sanches

Beer hats.

If i never had them, does it count that i miss them?

Happy Hunter

Not having orbital strikes, goofy vehicles, moving while sniping, buying ammo on the spot, not having the homing launcher, explosive snipers, etc.

However, it didn't have the Hunter ...

thepiebaker

Having to chase and murder my own employee just to get my car back.

The absence of magical phone ATMs made everyone much more careful with their money...

You never had to use ATMs, just some people were unaware of that in the first few days.

Running passive abusers over or slicing them up with my frogger.

Special crate drops

Armoured trucks

Trevors Plane takedowns

Sitting in a purple circle for 5 minutes in a Kuruma

The better mini-map

Sitting under a car park for an easy way to lose police in CMs and Heists

tonko

Making deathmatches in interriors (FIB building; strip club, etc.). Or on the sea. deathmatches on sea platforms, endless fun.

Hooker money glitch.

Everything was so new, fresh and fun.

But time has come to move on. Getting my cowboy hat ready and it's time to move to Old West. I can almost hear John Marston calling my name.

LunaticPandora

Mission select refreshes that actually gave you jobs relevant to the one you just played, instead of random crap. Oh, and giving you 2 refreshes instead of 1.

autofanatic

Another thread about this old gen topic? Special crate drops.

Harbz

Another thread about this old gen topic? Special crate drops.

The epic battles for them rhinos coming from every direction lol

dino722

Calling in a chopper from the army and killing the pilot, killing the mechanic, The mist expensive car being 1mill, but I do like the way the game is now (aside the flaws, thats another topic on its own)

Gridl0k

Fireworks.

ivarblaauw

A few things,

- atm's. They were actually necessary, which made getting money on your bankaccount a sweary endeavour.

- pay out. The pay out way 2x higher on most missions.

- less over the top... we now can buy all kinds of over the top sh*t. I miss the feeling of 'local criminal', instead of being a 'saver of the world'... it's becoming Saints Row. To me, I would love some Mafia style gameplay back in the game. Petty crimes and stuff should be more important

alkaline_

the walking like waddle waddle underwater glitchy glitch hihihi!!

Harbz

Used too love it when that happened especially when i had a fluffy bounty :)

alkaline_

Used too love it when that happened especially when i had a fluffy bounty :)

hihihi yes!!! you were like blobb blobb blobb can't reach my down here hihihi

Mas u Sees

There never was an absence of magical phone ATMs.

Right from the first day on, you could deposit your money with your phone.

Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)

Not too much, and it's nice to see a topic where lobby choice/full access won't be my main point, lol. (Though the thread's been done before I believe).

Old freemode events like armoured trucks and such. Beer hats and the special crates that came too. The few bits that didn't transfer, and what I lost by restarting when cheats ruined my game over there, lol.

The thing I miss most though, friends and crewmates that, as this game changed focus, I lost too many that just walked away and uninstalled this game. I still text the guys I enjoyed the company of most, but many were so pissed at the game's changes that I can't even get them excited for RDR2, lol.

Great guys, such a shame.

* Edit... Thanks Gridl0k, I knew I'd forget something. Ground fireworks, I loved those little beauties.

Edited by KWF1981