3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Matrelith

GTA Online: Trap Door

Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)

^ Happy to join the Revolter appreciation thread, lol.

Love that beast.

Anyway, enjoying this MC double. Keep underestimating it really. 126k seems sod all for documents, but at 2x and combined with either bunkers, I/E, or anything really. Still easy money.

Gonna do a couple of runs on my doc's and weed as they pay the least naturally. Help bump up the figures after a few losses, hopefully, lol.

Edited by KWF1981

bigraj

Got my $1,150,000 yesterday, and sold a full load of coke with a crewmate. Let my coke and weapons fill up during the night, and I've got a full shipment of coke and weapons ready to sell when I get off work later today. Should be able to repeat that every day till the weekend. Good, easy money. Now, if only Rockstar would put something in the game I really want to buy.

PwnageSoldier

Mmmm... Hydra discount.

I was gonna get a Savage, but.. nah. Hydra.

StormerBoy

It seems players drop money and snacks on this new mode. Random.

RockstarZigs

Trap Door is alright. Only thing I didnt like was when I played for the first time, I had a teammate who was AFK that couldve help me in winning a two on two situation but was knocked out due to being in the red zone -_- I ended up turning the situation into a one on one but got put in the red zone in the last few seconds -_- AFK mofo had the nerve to like the end result when he didnt do sh*t in any rounds.

Shadowfennekin

Of course the Hydra is the only one to get a 40% discount lmao Most everybody owns one of those

ALifeOfMisery

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the Bikers roleplay opportunities. Fair enough the sell missions suck so hard that for the regular payout it's not worth the hassle with the exception of coke.

If the payouts were on this level normally I'd play the Bikers content more often.

The same could be said for Contact Missions from last week though, if the payouts were at the x2 level normally I'd never venture into freeroam.

Jenkiiii
Posted (edited)

Trapdoor doesn't add anything new to GTA online.

I decided to wait 24hrs and actually play it before making any comments, just to confirm it's essentially a deathmatch with weapons and props strewn around the map. There's a twist which makes it 'trapdoor' and not a standard 'deathmatch', but it's worn out and tired I'm afraid. Double $$ and extra players in the lobby are welcome, but that's the best praise I have.

And no matter how much Rockstar wishes to copy PUBG or Fortnite, they can't replicate these games because of the low amount of players in each session, the disconnects, timeouts, poor matchmaking, and the amount of time to get started. That's why we continue to get these mini-maps for a maximum of 16 players instead of something more extensive. Rockstar adversary modes are behind the times and Trapdoor seems to emphasise this.

At least I got this:

faad4e25-10cc-4fc7-b31a-0ab6e04838b3_Thu

Edited by Jenkiiii

Shadowfennekin

Trapdoor's just pure sh*t /truth

Cutter De Blanc

Leave it Rockstar to name their new Adversary mode after some weird sex thing

PondNewt

How does the weapon preference thing work in this new mode? If I pick up a special carbon, it auto switches to it, good. Then at some point it randomly switches back, I haven't even been in the weapon wheel though. By the time I relalise that I've been using the sh*t rifle, it's too late.

I don't think I've had a situation like you describe where one of my weapons has changed without me being the one to do so myself in the weapon wheel but adversary modes are quite bad for not being consistent in auto switching. What you would want and expect to happen is that whenever you get a pickup that is better than your stating weapon then the pickup auto changes to be the new default in that spot on the wheel but this only seems to happen some of the time and is inconsistent. Usually if you are picking up the special carbine that will auto switch to replace your assault rifle but there are occasions where it won't and you have to waste time going into the weapon wheel to change it yourself. It seems to be more of a problem when picking up the assault shotgun though to replace the pump shotgun. With that I'd say more often than not it doesn't auto change and you have to make a point of having to do it yourself which is annoying. This seems to be the case with most of the pvp based adversary modes not just Trap Door.

Regarding Trap Door itself I've only played three games so far and though I don't think it is too bad I don't like it as much as I had hoped. I've become a bit spoiled in adversary modes recently as usually for most of them everyone always appears on the radar but this one seems to work more like a deathmatch in that you only show up on the radar in certain circumstances. So that in itself makes it more difficult as people can sneak up on you. Plus there seems to be more camping going on than usual which again can make it more difficult if your RnG game isn't that strong. Not hating on campers as I often adopt that play style myself just saying it makes things harder. The siren that keeps going off when the map gets smaller becomes really annoying after a while as well. I'll probably continue to play it until I've at least experienced all the maps but probably not much beyond that.

MRMO88

I sold about 100k of mixed hanger crates expecting to be doubled but I only got the basic 100k.

Is it because it was a mixed sale?

Rashkovskys Shiv
Posted (edited)

I sold about 100k of mixed hanger crates expecting to be doubled but I only got the basic 100k.

Ugh, never mix crates, that's number one.

Only source chemical/Narcotics/medical supplies.

They give you a 70% bonus when you sell at 50 crates.

Get about 2 good friends who don't mind wasting their time getting crates with you all day and then selling.Most randoms can't fly,will attract griefers,will fail the missions and quit on you

Kapish?

Edited by Rashkovskys Shiv

Black-Dragon96

Trapdoor is pure sh*t. It's a constant combat rolling RnG kiddo's wet dream.

The discounts are meh. I either got the stuff already or do not care for it.

Well atleast I got my bonus cash so I'm now sitting on a healthy 20 Million Bankaccount.

MRMO88

Get about 2 good friends who don't mind wasting their time getting crates with you all day and then selling.Most randoms can't fly,will attract griefers,will fail the missions and quit on you

Kapish?

Nice one thanks for that.

But do you know if I should have got the double cash for it?

Rashkovskys Shiv
Posted (edited)

Kapish?

Nice one thanks for that.

But do you know if I should have got the double cash for it?

You should for every hangar sale no matter the number of crates, probably you missed it when you sold.

Most of my $15 million hangar sales were all during past double money events but Im passing on it this time it is too much hassle.

Edited by Rashkovskys Shiv

Semaj 2JZ♢

Kapish?

Sorry to go OT, but "Kapish"? Really...? 😂 Is that like Lithuanian or Greek?

Anyways, TD is sh*t. The sales are sh*t and I'd rather run over my grandma then take a chance at having to use PostOP vans for a sale, ever again. Seriously there is an incline in a few highways that this thing can barely climb under it's own power. Like, slower than walking speed. I want whoever thought that was a good idea strapped to a chair and have all their teeth pulled out by a pliers. One by one. 😐

FrancisBlack

Haha for once I actually waited and got it on sale. A miracle for sure!

After having finally bought the Hydra yesterday

tenor.gif

DarkFlame588

Well, at least another day to wait for my bonus.

FaultyCanetoad

My friend and i are smashing out trapdoor,take turns in winning ....around $26 k per [email protected] about 5 mins/4 rounds, not too bad.....the rp ain't the best though.

Rashkovskys Shiv

Kapish?

Sorry to go OT, but "Kapish"? Really...? 😂 Is that like Lithuanian or Greek?

Anyways, TD is sh*t. The sales are sh*t and I'd rather run over my grandma then take a chance at having to use PostOP vans for a sale, ever again. Seriously there is an incline in a few highways that this thing can barely climb under it's own power. Like, slower than walking speed. I want whoever thought that was a good idea strapped to a chair and have all their teeth pulled out by a pliers. One by one. 😐

Kapish/capisce/kapeesh derivative of Italian word for Capice meaning 'do you understand' or 'do you get it'

Frequently used in American media like Mafia movies or by Italians.

Dr.Rosenthal

I caved in and bought the Hydra on discount day before yesterday... no matter how many times Ive showered since I cant seem to wash the dirt off :(

Only thing worse would be if Id buy the Deluxo. If I ever do that please just put me out of my misery.

That1Skeleton

Honestly you can tell R* is scraping the bottom of the barrel especially with the new adversary modes.

At first they actually seemed creative but now you can tell they are reaching a new low by it just being "Deathmatch but (insert here)"

Rafae

Already made 5m+ with these biker sales

WHEW

IamCourtney

I've got 3 full businesses and a pair of 25 crate air sales loaded to go and I still can't seem to summom the will to get a partner and sell them lol

Whenever my bank account gets above $15mil my motivation to earn plummets and I spend my time dicking around free roam or playing other games... enjoying Persona 5 atm :)

Maybe I'll get around to it on the upcoming long weekend

Cutter De Blanc

i don't know if I got the money because i haven't played since monday

good work reeling in players like me rockstar

Rafae

I've got 3 full businesses and a pair of 25 crate air sales loaded to go and I still can't seem to summom the will to get a partner and sell them lol

shakira-winner2.gif

I'll gladly help lol

IamCourtney

I wouldn't wanna impose but I'm down if you are... :) my PSN is in the profile

Rafae

I wouldn't wanna impose but I'm down if you are... :) my PSN is in the profile

Where? I tried searching your name on here on PSN but I can't find it lol

And of course I'm down, I've been doing nothing but biker sales since Tuesday lol

BOOGIEMAN219

Is it worth getting a meth lab I have the morningwood coke and considering the lab in el buro coukd easily pay itself back and then some then shut it down after the event is over.