2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

hugh750

do agree griefing ceo players in gta online is out of hand?

do you agree ceo griefers can get out of hand?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. has griefing gotten worse?

• i get griefed a lot
    • i sometimes get griedfed
    • i do the griefing / i never get gried
  2. 2. do agree r* needs to remove the ability to grief ceo player?

R3CON
Posted (edited)

There is a huge chasm between the way Rockstar intended their vision of GTAO to be played, and the way it actually is played, and received. They don't seem to ever factor the most important ingredient into any of their game modes or updates. i.e. typical, anonymous, online gamer behaviour

I always get the impression that much of their content is tested by a group of them on a LAN somewhere and they believe that because they are buddies and colleagues having a good time with it, that it will work just as well when released to the wider world of randoms all playing together across the internet.

It doesn't seem to dawn on them that people don't want to work for MC presidents and CEO's because the payouts are crap. It doesn't seem to register that gamers will simply farm the same thing over and over when they find it makes money for them. The list goes on.

Honestly I think this is the biggest reason for the disconnect and it's something I too have noticed for a while now. Rockstar's always seemed out of touch when it comes to their intentions for the game vs the reality of the game and I've figured a scenario similar to that described above is the culprit.

Of the people who make decisions, I don't think many of them play the game and those who do must play under the most optimal conditions or situations where friends/help is easy to find. Especially when you consider all the wacky, short-lived adversary modes we get compared to the drought of attention given to PvE jobs or monotonous solo-friendly freeroam work. Never get the vibe that the devs actually play this game regularly or enough to understand the ramifications of the content added in. I think it's also why so many bugs, glitches and balancing issues (vehicle classes, weaponized content) go unaddressed for so long.

There's been countless concerns and values shared across the GTA community whether here, Reddit, YouTube, in game, discord, etc. that's obvious to the casual player and yet totally oblivious to the powers that be at Rockstar Games. I get the vibe that the folks working on GTA Online just work there but they aren't necessarily active players in their personal time.

Edited by R3CON

Hécate-II

From what we know of their personal experience of the game(cf. FAFF 2016 livestream), they tend to suck at the game and tend to prefere playing in IO sessions.

Not a chance if IE/GR/SR/DD gameplays weren't showcased as FAFF was.

@thread

Yes it has gotten worse, without a doubt.

• More aircraft
  • More weaponized vehicles
  • Explosive rounds for the sniper
Basically, the right ingredients for 12-year-old activity.

It's gotten easier but I don't think that the amount or frequency has increased since day one. There have been periods of a tamer environment, when FAFF first dropped it was pretty peaceful for a day or two, perhaps a week, but then went straight back to the norm.

The fact that after a heist with randoms, if you weren't passive from before joining it, you would need to run or shoot first because you would get shot by the very people who just helped you. That says a lot. It's always been there. It's not gotten worse, it's gotten easier, now you can be greifed by players of very little skill where as before, if you were even half decent at the game you could fend off the attackers.

You make out like that list is a bad thing yet it's a list of the things players wanted. We want more aircrafts, we want the hunter, we want a way to deal with jets etc. and now we have it, it's not exactly done what we had hoped.

Big Molio
Posted (edited)

Honestly I think this is the biggest reason for the disconnect and it's something I too have noticed for a while now. Rockstar's always seemed out of touch when it comes to their intentions for the game vs the reality of the game and I've figured a scenario similar to that described above is the culprit.

Of the people who make decisions, I don't think many of them play the game and those who do must play under the most optimal conditions or situations where friends/help is easy to find. Especially when you consider all the wacky, short-lived adversary modes we get compared to the drought of attention given to PvE jobs or monotonous solo-friendly freeroam work. Never get the vibe that the devs actually play this game regularly or enough to understand the ramifications of the content added in. I think it's also why so many bugs, glitches and balancing issues (vehicle classes, weaponized content) go unaddressed for so long.

There's been countless concerns and values shared across the GTA community whether here, Reddit, YouTube, in game, discord, etc. that's obvious to the casual player and yet totally oblivious to the powers that be at Rockstar Games. I get the vibe that the folks working on GTA Online just work there but they aren't necessarily active players in their personal time.

I agree. It's the mistake a lot of the users make when they create stunt races for example. They make these super tricky, frustrating stunt races with near impossible jumps and other tricks, and whilst they can do them, they lose sight of the fact that these have to be fun for other players, of all skill levels.

I always try to make my races with this in mind. Would a low rank player be able to get round this circuit without becoming too frustrated, and is it challenging enough so that the more experienced racers will enjoy it at the same time? Does it flow? Is it actually fun to race on? etc etc, so it isn't just a vanity project.

I think that's where Rockstar go awry with much of their stuff.

Edited by Big Molio

DylRicho

@thread

Yes it has gotten worse, without a doubt.

• More aircraft
  • More weaponized vehicles
  • Explosive rounds for the sniper
Basically, the right ingredients for 12-year-old activity.

It's gotten easier but I don't think that the amount or frequency has increased since day one. There have been periods of a tamer environment, when FAFF first dropped it was pretty peaceful for a day or two, perhaps a week, but then went straight back to the norm.

The fact that after a heist with randoms, if you weren't passive from before joining it, you would need to run or shoot first because you would get shot by the very people who just helped you. That says a lot. It's always been there. It's not gotten worse, it's gotten easier, now you can be greifed by players of very little skill where as before, if you were even half decent at the game you could fend off the attackers.

You make out like that list is a bad thing yet it's a list of the things players wanted. We want more aircrafts, we want the hunter, we want a way to deal with jets etc. and now we have it, it's not exactly done what we had hoped.

Maybe it was unclear, but I was saying the situation has gotten worse, not necessarily the griefing, although for me it has. However, the tools available to the 12-year-olds have become more expensive and powerful at the same time. Not a problem for their parents who will buy them a Shark Card or three.

Yes, we wanted aircraft, and I think most of us knew from the start what would happen. When I joined the PC community in December 2016, it was actually very peaceful. Griefing was hardly an issue. But when I go through lobbies today, you can bet your ass that there's going to be at least one person in every other lobby being a dick to another player.

BOOGIEMAN219

If I could sell my sh*t in a full lobby without issue the game would instantly get boring and I would quit playing. I play for that heart racing moments when sh*t is about to go down.

KWF1981

If I could sell my sh*t in a full lobby without issue the game would instantly get boring and I would quit playing. I play for that heart racing moments when sh*t is about to go down.

Who's trying to take that away from you Though?

Simply asking for the option to go private doesn't stop those seeking a rush from their game in doing so.

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)

Depends what you want from the game. I play games to relax. Up until December last year I was dealing with literal life and death moments on a daily basis at work, by the time I got home I'd had my fill of heart racing moments. I just wanted to make enough money for the next new car, customize it and drive around.

I've never been an advocate for making deliveries immune from attack etc. But having options is never a bad thing. Different lobby types, blips off, friendly fire off etc would give all players a legitimate choice.

It wouldn't empty out regular public lobbies because the steps to get solo or controlled public lobbies are well known and easy to achieve but only a small percentage of players choose to use them.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Nutduster

That is totally legit, and I do it too. (I love racing across the map in that sad little dune buggy, interaction menu open so I can ghost org on a moment's notice if I need to, and ready to spray mines all over the road behind me. Nothing is more nerve-wracking than having to drive multiple miles in that little piece of crap in a full session where players are slaughtering each other.) But I don't think there's anything wrong with people who don't want it that way. It is so hard to have a healthy amount of money in the game, especially if you aren't a non-stop grinder. Some people probably just want to make their money and get back to doing other things.

KWF1981
Posted (edited)

Should have added, I'd far sooner see real attempts to make things balanced and truly competitive out there, but I do believe we should have retained that 'full access to GTA:O, regardless of session.

Without doubt, running I/E and having gamers chase me to try to actually steal the car. To me, that is GTA.

Edited by KWF1981

Davey Boy

Lol just join a friendly CEO crew. Boom. Here, I'll even name a few

Xbox One - Peaceful CEO
PS4 - CEO Friendly
PC - GTA Cartel

hugh750

Xbox One - Peaceful CEO

PS4 - CEO Friendly

PC - GTA Cartel

or do what i've been doing lately, keep changing sessions until you find a session with no sign of oppressors or deluxos in player list and a small or no player lobby.

NT2YIELD
Posted (edited)

I was in one of those friendly crews for a while, It was very very cool but gets boring (I too just switch lobvies now until I find one I like). I joined just long enough to rank up from 90 to 100, and the players in those groups are pretty chill, but I got kicked out for accidentally killing a fellow member when I thought none were in my lobby. Nothing is ever fool proof, doesnt make sense in retrospect either because I rarely kill unless provoked first.

Back on topic though, yeah, CEO griefing is ridiculous. I genuinely dont understand what they get out of it; it doesnt really make me upset because I just switch rooms when I find one, and the most any griefer has ever cost me was 2 grand worth of special cargo. The amount of effort to make me hardly bothered is just baffelling.

The fix is, in later versions of GTA online, every player should only have the weapons and ammo that a real person could realistically carry. Options for ammo packs sould negatively affect movement and speed, you should be able to store some in your car, and every vehivle with weapons should have limited munitions as well. 2-3 shots should be fatal and accuracy should be shoddy unless you aim unassisted (like in the movies, people missing and stuff breaking all over the place, but one bullet is dangerous enough). The shootouts in this game are so stupid, its just rolling and shooting and never covering until one of you is gone. 9000 bullets and unlimited lives - lame

Edit: the easiest fix: The agression meter should do more than change your little icon pink, it should be used to group players with similar aggression levels in their own lobbies and keep the friendlies and griefers separated (see how they like it to play with a dozen other a55holes just like them)

Edited by NT2YIELD

Voodoo-Hendrix

Edit: the easiest fix: The agression meter should do more than change your little icon pink, it should be used to group players with similar aggression levels in their own lobbies and keep the friendlies and griefers separated (see how they like it to play with a dozen other a55holes just like them)

It's supposed to work like that since it got added to the game in the High Life Update:

NT2YIELD

^ haha, thanks, they fooled me. I think they need to turn that function up then, because it doesnt seem to be making much of a difference to me

Davey Boy

Xbox One - Peaceful CEO

PS4 - CEO Friendly

PC - GTA Cartel

or do what i've been doing lately, keep changing sessions until you find a session with no sign of oppressors or deluxos in player list and a small or no player lobby.

But that's not fun. Each to their own I guess

AmyStone

i know there's a bitch & thread, but seems like griefing has gotten worse recently with all of military grade weapons and vehicles in gtao.

even i was repeatedly griefed in 3 different sessions this morning even though i did manage to make over $1 million.

do agree griefing has gotten worse lately?

sorry about my typo in the poll, the second choice in the 1sst question was men't to say "griefed", i didn't catch it in time.

Getting griefed is a choice in this game. If someone is clearly out to annoy you (you can usually tell when they first attack you) then you have the option to change to a different session or go passive. If anyone complains about being constantly killed yet stays in the same session then they are an idiot or want it to happen.

KWF1981

I learn something new about this game too often for a 4+ year old player of it, lol. Had no clue about this here.

(Probably shows how crap it really is, lol).

HARBUJAHN

i know there's a bitch & thread, but seems like griefing has gotten worse recently with all of military grade weapons and vehicles in gtao.

even i was repeatedly griefed in 3 different sessions this morning even though i did manage to make over $1 million.

do agree griefing has gotten worse lately?

sorry about my typo in the poll, the second choice in the 1sst question was men't to say "griefed", i didn't catch it in time.

Getting griefed is a choice in this game. If someone is clearly out to annoy you (you can usually tell when they first attack you) then you have the option to change to a different session or go passive. If anyone complains about being constantly killed yet stays in the same session then they are an idiot or want it to happen.

Well said :^: question is why are they a target? Have they attempted too fight back and started a 1v1? Abusive messages? Or stupidly selling in a public lobby etc etc

DylRicho
On 5/24/2018 at 9:46 PM, NT2YIELD said:

^ haha, thanks, they fooled me. I think they need to turn that function up then, because it doesnt seem to be making much of a difference to me

If only it worked, because it really doesn't.

Arrows to Athens

For goodness sake... We don't even know which definition of "griefing" you have in mind, and you expect us to take your POLL?

Heroeightytwo

Late to the party but yes griefing is way out of hand. My definition players who have done it all, have all the toys and are bored so go around intentionally ruining other peoples experiences.

This is mostly players in jets with explosive rounds but also seen the Deluxo and hunters too. I've messaged a few of them and they all openly admit they're doing it just to cost the other players money and time and there is no practical reward for them.

If i'm killed while doing an import/export mission or smugglers run then i get frustrated but that's part of the game. If i'm delivering a stolen car  and i get blown up then i'm down $20k and the other player gets nothing but the sociopathic satisfaction they've ruined another players mission. If after that they follow me wherever i respawn and kill me over and over and over again (literally so quickly i cant even get into the player menu to report them). I can't even fight back as the homing launcher is so F*ing slow they just outrun it. 

So i should change server right? Well they're on every server. A fully populated server will have at least 2 or 3 griefers doing this. Usually in 300+ level. If i could access securoserv on a private session i would happily trade the griefers for the AI handicap.

There are plenty of legit ways to PvP in this game, from jobs, to 1v1 requests, to freemode missions so there's no excuse for it and if the community is reporting them as i can only assume they are they should be rellogated to their own servers so they can grief each other to their hearts content.  

Big Molio
41 minutes ago, Heroeightytwo said:

If i'm killed while doing an import/export mission or smugglers run then i get frustrated but that's part of the game. If i'm delivering a stolen car  and i get blown up then i'm down $20k and the other player gets nothing but the sociopathic satisfaction they've ruined another players mission.

That's why I always stole them from other players. At least you get something from it as well as the sociopathic satisfaction.

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo
Posted (edited)

It has gotten worse in some ways but still fun for me though to dish out destruction. 

Edited by TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

Dr.Rosenthal

To those mentioning the ”heart-racing”-aspect of public lobbies, I agree to a certain extent but actually losing 2.2M in crates worth because A) flying cars, plus B) super-tracking homing missiles, C) auto-aim or auto lock-on, D) blips notifying others of your current sale MAP-WIDE, and E) the fact that you have to both pay AND work to collect those 2.2M worth of crates - that is not very heart racing at all, it’s just an example of horrible game design.

Basically GTAO needs a complete balance overhaul, but it’s kinda too late for that. 

Jenkiiii
Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2018 at 6:30 AM, Heroeightytwo said:

Late to the party but yes griefing is way out of hand. My definition players who have done it all, have all the toys and are bored so go around intentionally ruining other peoples experiences.

This is mostly players in jets with explosive rounds but also seen the Deluxo and hunters too. I've messaged a few of them and they all openly admit they're doing it just to cost the other players money and time and there is no practical reward for them.

If i'm killed while doing an import/export mission or smugglers run then i get frustrated but that's part of the game. If i'm delivering a stolen car  and i get blown up then i'm down $20k and the other player gets nothing but the sociopathic satisfaction they've ruined another players mission. If after that they follow me wherever i respawn and kill me over and over and over again (literally so quickly i cant even get into the player menu to report them). I can't even fight back as the homing launcher is so F*ing slow they just outrun it. 

So i should change server right? Well they're on every server. A fully populated server will have at least 2 or 3 griefers doing this. Usually in 300+ level. If i could access securoserv on a private session i would happily trade the griefers for the AI handicap.

There are plenty of legit ways to PvP in this game, from jobs, to 1v1 requests, to freemode missions so there's no excuse for it and if the community is reporting them as i can only assume they are they should be rellogated to their own servers so they can grief each other to their hearts content.  

There are a lot of a-holes in this world and I've learned to deal with this by accepting that we're all a bit like this deep down inside, it's more a question of some people needing to express their inner a-hole more than others. Personally, I don't waste my time when it comes to destroying special cargo and deliveries, etc., because I know there's little point, gain or satisfaction in it, and probably because I'm well acquainted with my inner a-hole and can keep it in check, but I also accept that some people just need to get that inner a-hole out into the open on a regular basis, or perhaps they've become a true outer a-hole in the flesh.

I've also learned over time how to identify the a-holes in every lobby. You get to know many of them by name and crew after a while or just by looking at their playstyles and characteristics, so switch lobbies until you find something more suitable. I know you shouldn't have to do this in an ideal world, but the world is chock-a-block full of people getting in touch with their inner a-holes, and there's no point getting frustrated about it.

Edited by Jenkiiii

WillProx
Posted (edited)

I'm never grief players while they doing sales, because there is no point to do so. You need to be an last asshole to grief players for 2.000$ and 3 figures RP ammount. And, actually, sometimes i'm helping to get rid of griefers when i'm see someone trying to sell goods in full lobby.

But, do you remember the rumors about air freight cargo, something like "you must to destroy other players cargo to make your cargo more profitable"? Damn, if this were true, air freight would not be so miserable. High risk - high payouts area of the game (At least it can't be worse than it is right now)

Edited by WillProx