2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

hugh750

do agree griefing ceo players in gta online is out of hand?

do you agree ceo griefers can get out of hand?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. has griefing gotten worse?

• i get griefed a lot
    • i sometimes get griedfed
    • i do the griefing / i never get gried
  2. 2. do agree r* needs to remove the ability to grief ceo player?

Harbz

If you sell or source in a public lobby you are asking and inviting trouble, rockstar encourage this and even reward players for doing so

This.

There are ways of getting around this.

When i was selling if the lobby was hostile i wouldnt bother unless it was one of the good gunrunning ones and thats a risk, for what its worth i dont see the point of destroying a sale but some do

jdv95

Its got worse since that f*cking Deluxo launched. I shoot them down on sight now, because nobody flies that piece of sh*t with good intentions.

In my days as a lone saboteur player, I at least griefed in an honest manner. I was a noble griefer. The Deluxo has made me defect to the side of the kids getting hassled by the dickheads who use that thing.

I hate it.

wtf is a "noble griefer" anyway?
a griefer is a griefer in my book,no matter how you do it.
there is no nobilty in f*cking people over just because you can.
i am always carefull when i see weaponized vehicles of any kind but i only go in the "defensive offence" when they are killing other players.
anyway to answer OP's question,ceo's will always get griefed. i don't buy the excuse "you deserve to be griefed if you sell stuff in public" because that's just BS and is more of an excuse a griefer would make to defend their actions.
on the other hand lot's of griefers become ceo to abuse that ghost org,so the ceo can very well be the griefer.
how i handle with this? i first go after them with my akula using the stealth mode to my advantage,if that fails and it becomes clear that they abuse passive mode when getting locked on or do other sh*t that makes it harder to take them down,i use the orbital cannon to kill them.
yes the orbital cannon is an awfull weapon but why not use it for good intentions if rockstar won't remove it?
(i never use the cannon on innocent players btw,only on hard to take down griefers as the cannon is my last resort option that never fails)

Lonely-Martin

Its got worse since that f*cking Deluxo launched. I shoot them down on sight now, because nobody flies that piece of sh*t with good intentions.

In my days as a lone saboteur player, I at least griefed in an honest manner. I was a noble griefer. The Deluxo has made me defect to the side of the kids getting hassled by the dickheads who use that thing.

I hate it.

The Ruiner 2k was where I got pushed to my limits. Fighting the regular one, all good. But that VIP one was a right bastard to me then.

Since then, well, you know what I'm after, lol. It's just gotten more and more easy and frequent to get caught up, given BS points or pay insurances etc.

There's a tiny part of me that still holds hope. If this is to be the last DLC, surely they know card sales will ease off. (Or when they do release the last one), then it can't hurt to open the game up. As RDR2 is trying to sell immersion too. Might pull a few players back and encourage more sales there.

IMHO, they can't lose if they do. Lobby choice and mission creator would see this game live even longer I believe, It'd also give R* more time to make another seeing as we know they had all R* departments for the last 8 years all on RDR2. (No wonder thi went to sh*t, the interns were literally left to it, lol).

Dburger

Complete and utter lies. I didn't spend $4.7m to be painted as a griefer who wants to ruin everyone's day. The Deluxo adds convenience to my GTAO experience, and to me at least, it's flat out cool. It's a shame that people use them to grief others, but not every single person who has one does. I'm not automatically a bad player because I own a Deluxo. To say that everyone who has a Deluxo uses their car to grief others is a flat out bullsh*t claim, no buts about it.

Don’t fly it near me fella. I have a pathological hatred of them and shoot them down with either the Akula or the explosive sniper first, then ask questions later lol

I was going to say in my first post that I hope we never meet. When I'm in my Deluxo in freemode (half the time I'm just driving it like a regular car because it's slow as sh*t in hover mode), I'm minding my own business, nothing more. Feel free to mind your business and do whatever freemode operations you want to do - I have no desire to mess it up. I would bet that the majority of other Deluxo owners are like this too. The griefers just get the attention.

Don't let a few (yes, in the grand scheme of things, it is a few) bad apples ruin it for everybody.

Big Molio

there is no nobilty in f*cking people over just because you can

I used to dress up in balaclava and combat fatigues like Firefly from GI Joe, then I’d run in on foot and manually destroy crates using stickies, or I’d hide out on the road somewhere and steal CEO delivery cars from my ambush. Or I would lay sticky bomb traps on the freeway for the Haulage truck cab, and have my MOC cab ready to go and steal the trailer. That’s noble play my friend. The kids these days just shoot at everything in sight in that stupid flying car. I thought the Oppressor was pushing it, but the Deluxo sucks donkey balls. And must be destroyed.

ash-274

I used to dress up in balaclava and combat fatigues like Firefly from GI Joe, then I’d run in on foot and manually destroy crates using stickies, or I’d hide out on the road somewhere and steal CEO delivery cars from my ambush. Or I would lay sticky bomb traps on the freeway for the Haulage truck cab, and have my MOC cab ready to go and steal the trailer. That’s noble play my friend. The kids these days just shoot at everything in sight in that stupid flying car. I thought the Oppressor was pushing it, but the Deluxo sucks donkey balls. And must be destroyed.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

I'm glad your ilk get filtered out from my lobbies.

FukNRekd

I love my Deluxo. I grief in it now and again but rarely just for fun ( I have a stealth heli for that sh*t)

But if I'm not in mine and I see you in yours I'm coming after you for even thinking about being in that thing in a lobbie with me. :blink:

/hypocrisy

Silencer555

^Even though I don't condone griefing in any way, I do have respect for people who kill using creative methods that involve underused weapons/vehicles.

If I get killed by someone who sniped me from a the side of a Maverick Helicopter, I'll give that person a round of applause.

Big Molio
Posted (edited)

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

I'm glad your ilk get filtered out from my lobbies.

Nothing hypocritical about playing on foot against mobile armoured crews mate. I used to play as the self-imposed lone wolf underdog, because thats how I used to set the challenge for myself. Sometimes I won, sometimes I got annihilated by crews in their vehicles. But it was good game. If you and your crew couldnt deal with me then thats your lookout.

Ive always argued that this type of play is legit, even if I dont bother with it much any more.

So that brings me onto the question I was going to ask which is: Define griefing

because if you think thats what my style of play was, then no wonder so many players are crying about it.

Edited by Big Molio

CrysisAverted

Nah, back in 2013 every server was pussies in tanks spawn killing, dying, leaving and joining another session to do the same when just a few people had rpgs and rhinos were armored to heck

this is cake

Lonely-Martin
So that brings me onto the question I was going to ask which is: Define griefing

Not much in this thread is, IMHO.

The game tells/permits us to attack other by choice when and if we want, how we want. To me, grief is someone that uses exploits against folk, or go outside the game to cause issue. Personally, I don't like the messages I can get for most anything when folks want to be crude or send images. Ruining jobs deliberately and such like trolling heists I consider griefing, and backwards driving/blocking tunnels, not crashing into competition, but deliberately not racing and trolling, I mean.

It's a poor excuse for gamesmanship/challenging play in freemode, but most all of it isn't grief really. Just gotta find a new session. Trouble is, they add more and more toys that can vastly change a lobbies mood that in time, like now after countless additions really, they become commonplace. Eventually, somethings in every session by default.

As Jenkiii mentioned the other day, as soon as we get cars that fly quicker than cars, we use them, as soon as we can jump higher than buildings, we jump over them more and more. (Or words to that effect). Becomes a different game after long.

fw3
Posted (edited)

We all begin as innocents, griefed by others, only to climb the rank of tempting vice to grief those who are innocent to us.

This is the cycle of life in Grand Theft Auto Online.

Kifflom.

iscc2f-8dUudtqrKqIeV2Q_0_0.jpg

Edited by fw3

FlacidJack

If you sell or source in a public lobby you are asking and inviting trouble, rockstar encourage this and even reward players for doing so

This.

There are ways of getting around this.

When i was selling if the lobby was hostile i wouldnt bother unless it was one of the good gunrunning ones and thats a risk, for what its worth i dont see the point of destroying a sale but some do

that's the only good thing sales in public sessions brought imo. Now we need to think a little and scope out sessions thinking of the risks and potential, then making a choice we might regret or enjoy even more if it pays.

Aghakhi

I never got griefed, and the very few attempts against me were all harmless, most of them being countered by simply using Ghost Organization. In one case the griefer was a terrible player that left as soon as he got killed by me in my Hunter, which wasn't even upgraded at the time. I mostly do my business in solo or in lobbies with 10 players at most, as long as they doesn't carry the common griefer characteristics. It's not that hard to avoid them on PS4. Plus, I could even split the session if things really got ugly for me, but usually I just go OTR or passive and avoid the fight.

jdv95

I used to dress up in balaclava and combat fatigues like Firefly from GI Joe, then Id run in on foot and manually destroy crates using stickies, or Id hide out on the road somewhere and steal CEO delivery cars from my ambush. Or I would lay sticky bomb traps on the freeway for the Haulage truck cab, and have my MOC cab ready to go and steal the trailer. Thats noble play my friend. The kids these days just shoot at everything in sight in that stupid flying car. I thought the Oppressor was pushing it, but the Deluxo sucks donkey balls. And must be destroyed.

All i'm getting from your argument is that since griefing has become easier because of Those vehicles it is bad.

Stop acting like there is a difference between griefers who use easy methods and griefers who use more standard methods. You all have the same goal which is to ruin other players day just for the fun of it. a killer who uses a handmade knife is still as guilty as a killer that uses a automatic rifle. there is no nobilty in the act itself no matter how you do it. If you're an asshole than you're an asshole. no method Will change that.

Big Molio

All i'm getting from your argument is that since griefing has become easier because of Those vehicles it is bad.

Stop acting like there is a difference between griefers who use easy methods and griefers who use more standard methods. You all have the same goal which is to ruin other players day just for the fun of it. a killer who uses a handmade knife is still as guilty as a killer that uses a automatic rifle. there is no nobilty in the act itself no matter how you do it. If you're an asshole than you're an asshole. no method Will change that.

So again, what is griefing?

There’s a difference between self-restraint and giving (the undeniably legitimate) game whereby both parties have a chance, as opposed to continually spamming Hydras, Deluxos or Oppressors just to destroy stuff which is piss easy. Only the very precious would insist that the way I played was “griefing” or “ruining somebody’s day”. If I’m ruining your day because I chase down your delivery car in my Issi classic trying to shoot you as the driver in order to steal the car, in what is legitimate gameplay, then you’re in the wrong game as a starter for ten buddy. You have a chance to get away, I ain’t going to blow up what I’m trying to steal.

Real griefers just swoop down in Hydras and blitz them. Just for kicks.

just do it bob1
Posted (edited)

Boi, judging by your last posts you're taking it way too serious

The current Rockstar's vision on PvP is pure sh1t, but many people learned how to deal with it.

Yup. not going to lie, I once got so upset when someone blew up my crates to the point where one day I ended up throwing my controller off my balacony.

Those days were a very long time ago, and I have learned to deal with it. (ya, I know. That was a bit over the top)

If you sell in a public session or source in a public session that is not a single person session, that's your problem.

BUT BOB, WHAT ABOUT MY HIGH DEMAND BONUS?!?!?!?

Its called high demand for a reason. It rewards you a couple grand extra because when you start the sale, you are taking the RISK to sell your crates knowing that they might get blown up.

If you are losing sales anyways in this day and age, there is something wrong with you. If you sense someone is going after your sale or blows up one of your vehicles, just leave the session. This results in losing only a portion of your stock.

The only exception to this method is the actual CEO F&F crates. If you sell in a public session, just know that if they get blown up your f*cked.

People need to stop complaining about griefing. It's not going to change anything..

Edited by just do it bob1

Nutduster

Complete and utter lies. I didn't spend $4.7m to be painted as a griefer who wants to ruin everyone's day. The Deluxo adds convenience to my GTAO experience, and to me at least, it's flat out cool. It's a shame that people use them to grief others, but not every single person who has one does. I'm not automatically a bad player because I own a Deluxo. To say that everyone who has a Deluxo uses their car to grief others is a flat out bullsh*t claim, no buts about it.

Don’t fly it near me fella. I have a pathological hatred of them and shoot them down with either the Akula or the explosive sniper first, then ask questions later lol

I was going to say in my first post that I hope we never meet. When I'm in my Deluxo in freemode (half the time I'm just driving it like a regular car because it's slow as sh*t in hover mode), I'm minding my own business, nothing more. Feel free to mind your business and do whatever freemode operations you want to do - I have no desire to mess it up. I would bet that the majority of other Deluxo owners are like this too. The griefers just get the attention.

I agree that it's "not all Deluxo owners." But I disagree that it's anything like a tiny minority doing it. If I see a Deluxo icon within half a mile of me in an empty-ish lobby, it's at least 50% likely they'll fly straight at me, missiles firing as soon as they get a lock-on. Same with Oppressors. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt sometimes but it usually results in me having to bail from my car or helicopter to avoid dying. It's the same as how jets were once upon a time - I know some people just like flying, but too many people were using jets solely to farm kills for me to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Bottom line - if you're in a Deluxo you're taking your chances, and I'm sorry to say that the generalization you're suffering from is one that works very well. Assuming the worst out of Deluxos and Oppressors has saved me from dying many times over. And when I don't notice them, I tend to get blown up. So f*ck 'em all.

ash-274

So again, what is griefing?

There’s a difference between self-restraint and giving (the undeniably legitimate) game whereby both parties have a chance, as opposed to continually spamming Hydras, Deluxos or Oppressors just to destroy stuff which is piss easy. Only the very precious would insist that the way I played was “griefing” or “ruining somebody’s day”. If I’m ruining your day because I chase down your delivery car in my Issi classic trying to shoot you as the driver in order to steal the car, in what is legitimate gameplay, then you’re in the wrong game as a starter for ten buddy. You have a chance to get away, I ain’t going to blow up what I’m trying to steal.

Real griefers just swoop down in Hydras and blitz them. Just for kicks.

This I agree with. If you're using a Hydra, Deluxo, Akula, (or whatever vehicle you like that has an "Easy Button" of homing missiles) to kill solo players driving the 15 horsepower paper-mache delivery vehicles then you're playing within the rules Rockstar wants, but you're still a scum-sucking coward a-hole.

Dburger
Posted (edited)

Dont fly it near me fella. I have a pathological hatred of them and shoot them down with either the Akula or the explosive sniper first, then ask questions later lol

I agree that it's "not all Deluxo owners." But I disagree that it's anything like a tiny minority doing it. If I see a Deluxo icon within half a mile of me in an empty-ish lobby, it's at least 50% likely they'll fly straight at me, missiles firing as soon as they get a lock-on. Same with Oppressors. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt sometimes but it usually results in me having to bail from my car or helicopter to avoid dying. It's the same as how jets were once upon a time - I know some people just like flying, but too many people were using jets solely to farm kills for me to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Bottom line - if you're in a Deluxo you're taking your chances, and I'm sorry to say that the generalization you're suffering from is one that works very well. Assuming the worst out of Deluxos and Oppressors has saved me from dying many times over. And when I don't notice them, I tend to get blown up. So f*ck 'em all.

I still believe that only a minority of Deluxo owners grief people. As I mentionef, I paid the highest price one can pay for a Deluxo. Thats why I value my purchase, thats why I use it correctly, and thats why I wont take any sh*t from people who call these cars mememobiles and such. That minority will grow because of the recent discount, but I still believe that its a minority.

Your experience has been far different from mine. As I said, I never have been griefed. Maybe if all of a sudden I start getting griefed by them, I wont be so passionate about saying that not all Deluxo owners deserve to be treated like theyre going to f*ck your operation up on sight. I think part of why I believe this is that I bought my Deluxo when they first came out and only weaponized it today (for convenience, not for griefing) - literally the only reason I even have a Bunker or MOC is to weaponize my car/get through the damn paywalls, again, for convenience and nothing else.

I dont know, maybe its already a war. For all I know, some Deluxo owners read GTAF, see the irrational (in my opinion) animosity toward weaponized vehicles here (and see that people blow up Deluxos on sight) and decide to attack back. That, to me, would make sense.

I kind of understand it, though. I have been killed (and sometimes trolled, everybodys definition of griefing is different) by Oppressors many times. I dont have anything against them, though. Ive seen them many times on contact missions to speed things up (a little, why the hell do you get less money if you work faster again?) just like I do with my Deluxo. (Edit: And only now is the pride of having one wearing off with this discount - I loved being the only person with one on a mission and having people fight to get into my passenger seat). Maybe Im underestimating how many...younger players/possible Shark Card buyers there are.

I still would bet that a freemode Deluxo user isnt going to fly toward you on sight and try to mess your operations up. I wont, and many others wont. And frankly, if somebody f*cks with something I paid that much money for, they will undoubtedly be retaliated against anyway.

Edited by Dburger

Sentinel Driver

Griefing is ridiculously easy with all the meme vehicles... but wait!!!

SOLO PUBLIC LOBBIES
IT'S SO DAMN EASY ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE ON XBOX JUST TEST YOUR NAT TYPE

or if you have friends try doing heists. Atleast griefers can't ruin those

Voodoo-Hendrix
Posted (edited)

What does Wikipedia says about the subject?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, occasionally using aspects of the game in unintended ways.

This means that something like destroying the objective on a Contact Mission or driving backwards in a race to crash head on unto other players is griefing. Something like destroying cargo isn't because is an intended part of the game.

But!

Even while the act of destroying cargo is promoted and rewarded accordingly, the truth is that said payment is a pittance or sometimes nothing at all (like in I/E cargo), so this means that there should be another motive for such widespread behaviour, right?

A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.

Even when some players claim they destroy cargo "as a challenge" or just because "it's part of the game" is a fact that most of them do it knowing full well the negative consequences of their actions (losing up to hours and/or GTA$ of progress) and reveling in said negative response (aka the "salt"). This is further exarcebated by the anonymous nature that online playing provides, letting players getting away with behaviour that would be considered unacceptable in real life.

There's also the myriad of glaring game design issues that exarcebate this problem (slow, big, defenseless sale vehicles; low incentive for teamplay, overpowered weapons/vehicles) which may or may not be on purpose and that does makes you wonder if fostering this kind of toxicity on purpose could have an ulterior motive?

Hmmm... 🤔🤔🤔

So yeah, destroying cargo is not "griefing" per se, but may as well be described as such.

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

Dburger
Posted (edited)

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, occasionally using aspects of the game in unintended ways.

This means that something like destroying the objective on a Contact Mission or driving backwards in a race to crash head on unto other players is griefing. Something like destroying cargo isn't because is an intended part of the game.

But!

Even while the act of destroying cargo is promoted and rewarded accordingly, the truth is that said payment is a pittance or sometimes nothing at all (like in I/E cargo), so this means that there should be another motive for such widespread behaviour, right?

A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.

Even when some players claim they destroy cargo "as a challenge" or just because "it's part of the game" is a fact that most of them do it knowing full well the negative consequences of their actions (losing up to hours and/or GTA$ of progress) and reveling in said negative response (aka the "salt"). This is further exarcebated by the anonymous nature that online playing provides, letting players getting away with behaviour that would be considered unacceptable in real life.

There's also the myriad of glaring game design issues that exarcebate this problem (slow, big, defenseless sale vehicles; low incentive for teamplay, overpowered weapons/vehicles) which may or may not be on purpose and that does makes you wonder if fostering this kind of toxicity on purpose could have an ulterior motive?

Hmmm... 🤔🤔🤔

So yeah, destroying cargo is not "griefing" per se, but may as well be described as such.

If these missions are supposed to even remotely replicate the life of a criminal kingpin in a city with a bunch of other criminal organizations fighting for your sh*t/trying to be the biggest criminal in town, then I think potentially losing or risking lots of money and progress is appropriate.

Even apart from that - say R* encourages griefing by that definition. Gets a shrug from me.

Edited by Dburger

Voodoo-Hendrix

But!

Hmmm... 🤔🤔🤔

If these missions are supposed to even remotely replicate the life of a criminal kingpin in a city with a bunch of other criminal organizations fighting for your sh*t/trying to be the biggest criminal in town, then I think potentially losing or risking lots of money and progress is appropriate.

Even apart from that - say R* encourages griefing by that definition. Gets a shrug from me.

A criminal organization would rather eliminate their competition and steal their illicir goods instead of only blowing them up.

R* failed to capture the whole "criminal empires going head to head for supremacy or whatever" when they didn't provided with a way to steal crates back then in Further Adventures in Finance and Felony and even if they did, unless the destroying of cargo was severely discouraged or outright punished, most players would still do it, see what happens to most I/E cargo.

effenG

UP WITH THIS I WILL NOT PUT!

Big Molio

I would see my role as the game’s natural antagonist rightly or wrongly, but gaming is only fun when there is a game to play. Going after a lone delivery van on an Oppressor or in a jet just to destroy it....where’s the game? It’s too easy. But when you see a three-vehicle gunrunning convoy with an escort helicopter, an organised crew, then there is the game. They are the ones to go after. And again, it’s too easy just to strafe them in a jet. More fun to try and use other tactics to ambush them. Make roadblocks and stuff.

Nine times out of ten, they get away because they are organised, and outnumber me, but in my mind I at least livened things up. I always give a “gg” text to a CEO or MC president whose crew outplay me, as a gesture of sportsmanship.

elfoam
Posted (edited)

When I log in these days (rarely) all I do is grief CEO's this came about from being continuously kicked from lobbies when I was being completely peaceful. Eventually I'm over it and it's payback time for those assholes. I just cycle through my 12 characters or so that have all the hard hitting gear and kill for 20 minutes on each.

Edited by elfoam

hugh750

i've just got done with a ceo crate sale, after my previous session where i had to deal with griefers they kept attacking me when i would go after crates i bought, and later in same session i kept noticing on the kill feed one of them kept killing another player ( i did vote to kick the griefers earlier), so i sent mercs after them, and few minutes later they abused the vote to kick feature.

25f84099-2033-47b6-b3f2-3bab9df75421.PNG

c8f2da17-f76c-4f1c-81b4-43529d74bfa1.PNG

da454351-6885-4f7e-8003-59107c65e77f.PNG

SHOKKERZ91

i've just got done with a ceo crate sale, after my previous session where i had to deal with griefers they kept attacking me when i would go after crates i bought, and later in same session i kept noticing on the kill feed one of them kept killing another player ( i did vote to kick the griefers earlier), so i sent mercs after them, and few minutes later they abused the vote to kick feature.

--snipped--

I love the irony in this one. Very, very, very satisfiying.

MajorVienna

Most players don't understand that Rockstar is manipulating them into being part of their microtransaction business model when they attack other's high-value assets for almost no reward, and they still don't get it after I explain it to them ingame. Rockstar has found the perfect crime.