3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Masny

Out of skydome - "outerspace"

Masny

Hi everyone!

Some time ago, some guy made a mod for GTA V whitch removes some limitation on GTA world. Video:

Anyway, to the point. Anybody knows what's happening? Earth got splitted into two flat circles. Why two? There is only one world in GTA V. Same thing happening on PS3 version if you glitch a tank and fly REALLY high.

At some point, on this video, this guy go throught skydome (truman show :D) and weird glitched green light appears. What is this green light?

How is GTA V world constructed? What will happen if we go straight up for about an hour? Why we can NEVER reach sides of skybox?

Ondr4H

Not again, I still have heebies jeebies when I explored ghost world in San Andreas back in 2007 .

Domac

Not again, I still have heebies jeebies when I explored ghost world in San Andreas back in 2007 .

Me too, for some reason I have a big fear of going too far away from the game world, because I'm scared that I'll hit an invisible wall and then my plane would explode.

I remember when I glitched out in Trevor's truck, I teleported to the very corner of the world, biggest height possible. I literally walked out of my room and watched as my truck was plumetting down into the deep waters of San Andreas.

Helegad

I got butterflies in my stomach after falling through Liberty City in San Andreas while trying to explore... fear of the unknown or something.

Ondr4H
Posted (edited)

I got butterflies in my stomach after falling through Liberty City in San Andreas while trying to explore... fear of the unknown or something.

I remember when I explored liberty city in San Andreas.

Everywhere was dark, there was dead city with nobody and under city was deep sea that has set high water level thanks to trainer.

I never has worst nightmare fuel in games.Is still found San Andreas creepy for some reasons...

Edited by Ondr4H

JuliusCaesar
Posted (edited)

You're seeing into the inside, from the outside, of the skydome. That is the "bigger circle". The skydome's back faces are invisible, you've flown out of it (if they were smart developers, they would have done that tiny around the camera and drawn it behind everything instead, but they are smart, so you can assume that they're working on space/orbit capabilities in Rage, otherwise, in this millennium, the sky woulda been smaller than the player and just drawn behind everything. That is the Rockstar said the real goal of GTA is anyway back in Episodes promotion: Simulate reality). The smaller circle is because of the fisheye lens used to add false "curvature" to the world as you go up (even though it is impossible to see curvature from anywhere lower than 100,000 feet/must go higher than airplanes go to see real curvature, anything else is illusion, But the point of Rockstar doing it isn't to mimic life, it is to mimic a camera lens, which works great for the game, though I much prefer a target of wha the Eye sees when rendering, over trying to artificially recreate a camera and its horrible artifacts. An extreme example of this curve effect is used in a popular video effect, this is an extreme example that ramps up intensity way faster than GTA V altitude does: https://i.imgur.com/dBGqjID.png ).

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Masny
Posted (edited)

Thanks for reply!

BTW, tried this by myself. It was fun :D

6BeQTwh.jpg

edit: I had to check you if this thing works in gta 4 too. Sadly - no. But something else happens XD

Edited by Masny

JuliusCaesar

That's amazing, and terrifying lol.

I love your V image, looks like the Tesla orbit.

Domac

I had a huge fear of the 'Loading...' screen when going far far into the ocean, which is why I stick to the land and hate the GTA Underground mod.

Also, diving into the ocean with infinite lung capacity, when I went straight trough the seabed, ugh...

OT: Props to you for daring to go that far into the sky, man. :p