3. Site Suggestions

Vortrex

GTA Connected

Vortrex

856fab32.png

GRAND THEFT AUTO CONNECTED

Main Page • ForumDownloadDiscordWiki

I don't understand ... what is it?

GTA Connected is a universal multiplayer modification for the following GTA games: GTA III, VC, SA, and IV.

Created by Jack Powell (known as trjack on this forum)

Wait, another multiplayer mod?

In short, yes. However, GTA Connected is unique, in that it aims to provide a unified multiplayer experience for multiple games!

What is the scripting like?

We have a script-once, run-anywhere system. With minor differences, all your GTA Connected resources work across all supported games.

We also support not one, but three scripting languages: Lua, JavaScript, and Squirrel

Any cool features I should know about?

Tons of them. Scriptable NPC peds, synced traffic, offline/online gameplay, dynamically accumulating snow ... The list is too long to put here.

Can I have some screenshots?

Of course! Here you go:

43282013.jpg

GTA Connected is still in beta. Lots of things are still being worked on or added, and they may or may not work as intended. We'd appreciate it if you let us know about any bugs you find.

Support for San Andreas and Underground has temporarily been removed due to a major optimization overhaul. It will be re-added soon once it's ready.

Edited by Vortrex
Updates/Font Fixes/Broken Link Fix

luizfilipeRN

interesting...

jaqub

interesting...

...same

Inttelix

And which GTA mod does this multiplayer base on?

Vortrex

Intellix, I'm not sure what you mean. It's a multiplayer mod that works on GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Grinch_

well,nice.Hope to see some new features

Davve95

Awesome!

iguana

Idea is great but there's not a whole lot to do in there as of right now. Under features you mention "synced traffic", while you say thats actually in progress (Soon™), which makes me question everything else that's on the list aswell. It might turn out in the future, but as of right now it's nothing. Good luck with the project regardless.

CoolMods

Hmmm this is nice, i hope we can do a deathmatch, lol.

Will you include III Multiplayer maps too? They in IOS files.

Vortrex

Under features you mention "synced traffic", while you say thats actually in progress (Soon™), which makes me question everything else that's on the list aswell.

Perhaps I should've been clearer on the synced traffic ... It's available now, however it must be provided by a resource. We have scripting functions to make cars drive around randomly (or to specific places if scripted), and sync with everybody else. So in short, the ability is there, just needs to be scripted.

Idea is great but there's not a whole lot to do in there as of right now.

Have you even taken a look at the wiki? ... There's plenty of scripting functions to get started! GTA Connected is not a "content" mod, it's a multiplayer mod that provides a blank slate or "sandbox" as some call it. We're working on the wiki pages, but the list alone should be enough to get some interest.

Hmmm this is nice, i hope we can do a deathmatch, lol.

Will you include III Multiplayer maps too? They in IOS files.

A deathmatch sounds awesome. We've some good PvP'ers on the discord, so just throw a message on there and I'm sure you'll get somebody wanting to have a round or two.

As for the iOS files, we hadn't considered that, but I'll add it to a list to check out in the future. There's a DFF and TXD loading mechanism built into GTA Connected so the objects and textures could be imported and loaded onto a server.

CoolMods

Damn just imagine in GTA 3, 100 catalinas with baseball bats contra claude with fist. Who would win lol?

Related to catalina, as a hotfix you should put with 3ds max the PC head. Because IG catalina uses PS2 head. PC head: cath.dff/txd

Davve95

This is sooo cool. I guess you will gain a lot of players since it have synced traffic. If you make ads for it.

CoolMods

wut

6FEQOZt.png

please, next time just put the mod files instead of an installer. They are very unsafe.

Jason Statham

Great project. It's really nice to see here how much have done only for III era games since we have RAGE games instead. I'm planning to create best-mp for GTA San Andreas based on mta/samp and some HLSL rendering :p. And also what framework are you using for serwering ? I'm thinking about RakNet but I don't think is good choice for that, because it's not free.

Edited by HackBoy

Davve95

CoolMods, it can be false warnings.

-----

I forgot to mention: Will there be ambulance and NPC police? I mean so you can get wanted and chased etc.

Vortrex

Great project. It's really nice to see here how much have done only for III era games since we have RAGE games instead. I'm planning to create best-mp for GTA San Andreas based on mta/samp and some HLSL rendering :p. And also what framework are you using for serwering ? I'm thinking about RakNet but I don't think is good choice for that, because it's not free.

I'd have to ask Jack, but I think we use RakNet. He's built his own engine for it, so I'm not sure if he still uses RakNet or not.

CoolMods, it can be false warnings.

-----

I forgot to mention: Will there be ambulance and NPC police? I mean so you can get wanted and chased etc.

Peds (or Civilians as we call them in GTA Connected) can be given certain objectives, target/attack certain people, walk/run/sprint to places, drive vehicles, etc.

So yeah, this would be possible. It uses the singleplayer game logic for some things, so making it should be fairly easy.

wut

(For this quote, I've removed the picture. Too big)

please, next time just put the mod files instead of an installer. They are very unsafe.

GTA Connected has no viruses. Perhaps it's a false positive? Remember, it does inject itself into the game in order to function, and that does sometimes trigger false positives.

This is sooo cool. I guess you will gain a lot of players since it have synced traffic. If you make ads for it.

Thanks! As for the traffic, I need to put together a resource to show it off. Once I do, I'll get some videos made. Thanks for the suggestion.

CoolMods

Uhm this crashes for me :(

GTA 3 launches but it gives me unhandled exception and GTA VC dosen't want to launch.

In GTA 3 I have cleo mods installed (player skin selector, crouch, swimming, hesoyam cheat) and SilentPatch, breakable windshields.

vizs

Possible to make the installer not an exe?

CoolMods

the exe is an installer

vizs

the exe is an installer

You can make the installer an archive instead of an exe. It is way much faster to install and useful for users who don't use winblows.

Edited by The_Human

Jason Statham
In GTA 3 I have cleo mods installed (player skin selector, crouch, swimming, hesoyam cheat) and SilentPatch, breakable windshields.

Most of them aren't incompatible with GTA Connected. Try to remove them and check it again.

Edited by HackBoy

CoolMods

Seting name on gta 3 dosen't work for me. It always gives me error. any help please?

Vortrex

I'm on my phone at the moment so my reply may look like crap, but I just wanted to say that some of these suggestions are great. We welcome any input you all have for making this mod better.

The installer being a zip shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'll talk it over with Jack and see about getting something set up for it. We're in the middle of a lot of stuff at the moment so this might not be done right away. If you need a zip in the meantime, just send me a message on here, or the GTA Connected forum. My name is the same there, but without the "FTW" ... I can send you a zipped copy of the mod.

HackBoy is correct, we don't support any mods right now (except for GTA Underground) and GTA Connected will check for them, refusing to launch if any are found. This is something we hope to resolve in the near future. Until then, if you wish to play GTA Connected, I recommend either uninstalling them or just using a new fresh install of the game you're trying to use. I know this sucks, but as of right now allowing mods can mess with various hooks that GTA Connected uses with the supported games.

CoolMods, for the crash on setname ... Can you send me a copy of your crash dump file in a private message? This is the first I've heard of it but that seems like a major inconvenience and something that I'd like to get fixed right away.

This might be of some help: If you're trying to connect to my test server, it'll probably give you a bunch of issues. My server is running a newer build (testing version) and the netcode has changed somewhat. We've been adding a bunch of stuff.

vizs

I lurked around in the forums a little bit, and found this mod to be really promising. This might be the first multiplayer GTA mod I might use. If SP mods are supported and work as they're supposed to do, then this mod can replace SAMP. I did not see any screenshot of GTA Connected in San Andreas though. Since I only enjoy SA, I would like to confirm that it actually works.

Can you script some Graphics mod like MTA has?

I did not check the wiki thoroughly but from what I have seen, there's no info on how to setup a server. It will be really helpful if you provided that.

Edited by The_Human

CoolMods

CoolMods, for the crash on setname ... Can you send me a copy of your crash dump file in a private message? This is the first I've heard of it but that seems like a major inconvenience and something that I'd like to get fixed right away.

It dosen't crash.

i did this:

/setname Lil Slim C

it says that it cannot find batch file or something like that.

Davve95

I lurked around in the forums a little bit, and found this mod to be really promising. This might be the first multiplayer GTA mod I might use. If SP mods are supported and work as they're supposed to do, then this mod can replace SAMP. I did not see any screenshot of GTA Connected in San Andreas though. Since I only enjoy SA, I would like to confirm that it actually works.

I did not check the wiki thoroughly but from what I have seen, there's no info on how to setup a server. It will be really helpful if you provided that.

I agree. It would be cool with some grapich mod, but some stuff MTA have is not scriptable. Since it have a small part of SA source code. Edited by Davve95

Vortrex

I lurked around in the forums a little bit, and found this mod to be really promising. This might be the first multiplayer GTA mod I might use. If SP mods are supported and work as they're supposed to do, then this mod can replace SAMP.

Well it's an honor to serve as your first choice of multiplayer mod. Unfortunately, singleplayer mods are not supported right now (I assume you meant ASI's?). The development team has been discussing methods for this. The only external mod that's supported right now is GTA Underground.

I did not see any screenshot of GTA Connected in San Andreas though. Since I only enjoy SA, I would like to confirm that it actually works.

The mod was originally designed for GTA 3 and Vice City, and San Andreas support was kinda thrown together without nearly as much attention as GTA 3 and VC received. We've been slowly adding stuff to it though, so keep an eye on the discord and forums ... We'll let everybody know of any updates. Oh, and thanks for reminding me about the screenshots. I forgot to put some in the original post. I've been really busy lately so when I have a few minutes I'll put some up.

I'm not sure what you mean by graphics mod. GTA Connected offers GUI capabilities, and script access to renderware functions. Can you clarify what you meant?

The wiki is a work in progress. Our development team has been focusing more on the mod's features than with the wiki, myself included. We'll get some info put up soon so check back sometime.

vizs

I meant ASIs.

Check this forum post out. That's what I meant by graphics mod in MTA.

Edited by The_Human

Ryadica926

Nice project you have there. I hope you'll add support for Re: LCS too. :)

Vortrex

Thanks, Surya926!

I've added the LCS mod to the list for the devs to look over. Thanks for the suggestion.